Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2019  6:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is old news that people paid no attention to JANIS when he said back then he wasn't signing no extension..

Nov 3, 2017
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis said some of his brother's comments about the player's future with the Knicks were taken out of context and that he sees himself as a Knick for a "long, long time."

In an article published Tuesday, Janis Porzingis suggested that Porzingis would not decide to sign an extension solely because the Knicks can offer him the most money, fueling speculation that Porzingis would leave the Knicks rather than signing a rookie extension.

Like he said this more than once...this should have been no surprise when they decided to tank.

At the same time KP was no franchise player, didn't act like one, or played like one, and i don't think he care about being one.

He just wants good players around him who know how to play, and winning is a priority.

Where is your “FO WILL BE FIRED IN A YEAR” or other “Mills be damned” Rainmanian rants?
While Knicks franchise history leaves much to be desired what we have hear was an unreasonable player (I blame the player, not his agent) for still reasons not known to us. Seemingly KP has tried to find every “Gotcha” moment and use it as some leverage attempt. Phil was not really up to the task but if he was fired for wanting to trade KP then we owe him an apology on top of his 24millon (LOL).

Instead of the traditional reactive front office what we have is a preemptive move that despite their attempts to delay face to face meeting the knicks were decisive in their resolve. KP did push back on any notion him sitting the season but here we are and thats his preference. We lambasted Dolan for saying it before the season started!

By dragging their feet perhaps Janis thought he could drag this on until summer when Knicks had less opportunity. IT stands on logic that KP would create an scenario that he gets moved with his bird rights but he gets to dictate where. That devalues him via trade.

Why he is out to screw the knicks is still lost on me. Is this a petty vendetta in some sort? This some Latvian control thing? If so i need to learn it! At the end of the day knicks moved and kept some control. TO drag it on after the draft and into the summer would have mucked up a free agency season badly. No guarantee we land anyone but we have the opportunity and we have assets.

At first glance KP and Janis noted that he would only sign the QO upon arrival. Dallas is a good place for him. He might not have controlled it but Cube will take care of him and Doncic. The Franchise paired homage to Janis and while its hard to watch that its good business for them. The rest of it will rest on KP’s ability to play and sustain health.

Knicks offered him a deal with “Embiid” like injury clauses. THats good practice for knicks. It really served both to wait as it created cap space for the team and that translates to another player to succeed with. How does Tanking with a new coach and KP’s intention to sit make that the reason why Rainman warnings were prophetic?

I still don't like mills, but I also wasn't on board with giving KP a Max offer (and i said that in the thread I made month ago about the possibility of him leaving.

Phil didn't get fired for wanting to potential trade him, but more so because of his sick, pathetic, old school approach to the NBA game that resembled a CULT.

KP is a really good player, and most really good players are DIVAS/BRATS/SPOILED/ENTITLED.

I keep telling over and over whenever your losing your going to see MAJOR changes, and those changes tend to derail your original plan, and thats when the wheels fall and ppl get fired

They fired him in July AFTER the draft. When he was shopping KP.
Your Making shyt up again for your agenda. You don’t have to like Mills, but some of thought thin thesis got more diluted.
KP wanted out because knicks are not winning. And thats it?

AUTOADVERT
Shelbourne Reporting Knicks offered KP an extension last summer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy