[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shelbourne Reporting Knicks offered KP an extension last summer
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Posts: 58288
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2019  5:04 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28362
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/7/2019  5:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Rescheduled several times probably because he wanted to speak out as close to the deadline as possible to have the leverage to got to the teams he wanted.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 26594
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  5:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Rescheduled several times probably because he wanted to speak out as close to the deadline as possible to have the leverage to got to the teams he wanted.


I know our front office has been a model of chaos during the years. But man, Janis seems to be in over his head as an agent right now. Really, the only thing he has going for him is that his brother won the genetic lottery
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ramtour420
Posts: 23758
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 3/19/2007
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/7/2019  5:25 PM
wow, "STAY WOKE" indeed
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one." -J.Lennon
Chandler
Posts: 23192
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

2/7/2019  6:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Rescheduled several times probably because he wanted to speak out as close to the deadline as possible to have the leverage to got to the teams he wanted.


I know our front office has been a model of chaos during the years. But man, Janis seems to be in over his head as an agent right now. Really, the only thing he has going for him is that his brother won the genetic lottery

Indeed. Amateur hour. His branding already went from hero of NYC to approaching malcontent (and I'm a guy who hated the trade). If he ever puts weight on people will be calling him Ivan Drago (or whatever that villain-dude was called from ROcky)

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year.
meloshouldgo
Posts: 26454
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

2/7/2019  6:27 PM
Can't blame everything on Janis either. He is grown man and needs to take accountability. No shortcuts to being a champion.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Posts: 38589
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/7/2019  7:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  7:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

This is old news that people paid no attention to JANIS when he said back then he wasn't signing no extension..

Nov 3, 2017
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis said some of his brother's comments about the player's future with the Knicks were taken out of context and that he sees himself as a Knick for a "long, long time."

In an article published Tuesday, Janis Porzingis suggested that Porzingis would not decide to sign an extension solely because the Knicks can offer him the most money, fueling speculation that Porzingis would leave the Knicks rather than signing a rookie extension.

Like he said this more than once...this should have been no surprise when they decided to tank.

At the same time KP was no franchise player, didn't act like one, or played like one, and i don't think he care about being one.

He just wants good players around him who know how to play, and winning is a priority.

ES
Nalod
Posts: 57289
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2019  8:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is old news that people paid no attention to JANIS when he said back then he wasn't signing no extension..

Nov 3, 2017
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis said some of his brother's comments about the player's future with the Knicks were taken out of context and that he sees himself as a Knick for a "long, long time."

In an article published Tuesday, Janis Porzingis suggested that Porzingis would not decide to sign an extension solely because the Knicks can offer him the most money, fueling speculation that Porzingis would leave the Knicks rather than signing a rookie extension.

Like he said this more than once...this should have been no surprise when they decided to tank.

At the same time KP was no franchise player, didn't act like one, or played like one, and i don't think he care about being one.

He just wants good players around him who know how to play, and winning is a priority.

And........would you mortgage the future for a mediocre season?

You don't show a fool a job half done!
nykshaknbake
Posts: 22169
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
2/7/2019  8:51 PM
Loved his game and potential, but with all this good riddance. What a brat. I'm happy that the FO outmaneuvered him and didn't send him to one of 4 teams he demanded while he talked down the price. They were discreet and fired this off catching Janis and KP completely by surprise and with zero recourse. The alternative would have been getting practically nothing while he made his way to the Nets or some other team willing to let Janis play GM. Definitely won't be rooting for him as a player going forward.
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28362
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
2/7/2019  8:53 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is old news that people paid no attention to JANIS when he said back then he wasn't signing no extension..

Nov 3, 2017
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis said some of his brother's comments about the player's future with the Knicks were taken out of context and that he sees himself as a Knick for a "long, long time."

In an article published Tuesday, Janis Porzingis suggested that Porzingis would not decide to sign an extension solely because the Knicks can offer him the most money, fueling speculation that Porzingis would leave the Knicks rather than signing a rookie extension.

Like he said this more than once...this should have been no surprise when they decided to tank.

At the same time KP was no franchise player, didn't act like one, or played like one, and i don't think he care about being one.

He just wants good players around him who know how to play, and winning is a priority.

And........would you mortgage the future for a mediocre season?

KP hasn't and wasn't going to play this season during the tanking year. A top 5 draft pick and a good chunk of cap space are things that could have provided that help.

Being an unreasonable type of character isn't gonna play out well for him throughout his career if this is the case. Knicks locking themselves into mediocrity (which he would end up with him unhappy) and moving future pieces to become mediocre would be the worst.

Perrys view is what's best for the long term health of the Knicks. Janis/KPs view is what's best for themselves. And if they were reasonable than they would have seen that both though processes could have matched. But that's over with now. Perry doesn't have to have that dark cloud looming over his head anymore. He can have a healthy environment.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35874
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
2/7/2019  10:28 PM
Hits just keep coming. Oh KP. I will stay woke
smackeddog
Posts: 33747
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/8/2019  4:42 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:Loved his game and potential, but with all this good riddance. What a brat. I'm happy that the FO outmaneuvered him and didn't send him to one of 4 teams he demanded while he talked down the price. They were discreet and fired this off catching Janis and KP completely by surprise and with zero recourse. The alternative would have been getting practically nothing while he made his way to the Nets or some other team willing to let Janis play GM. Definitely won't be rooting for him as a player going forward.

Perry was really on the ball with this, and his prep helped prevent us from getting blindsided- very good job.

The info that's come out has made me a bit less optimistic that we have guarantees that KD and Kyrie will re-sign though (seems the KP move was made due to KP's attempted power play, rather than due to sudden intel regarding free agents).

So really the future of our franchise hinges on our draft position- may 14th is like a game 7 for us. We'll be fine if we luck out in free agency IF we get Zion, if we don't get zion, it's going to be a much longer, much more difficult rebuild.

Knicksfan
Posts: 31444
Alba Posts: 27
Joined: 7/5/2004
Member: #691
USA
2/8/2019  7:50 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Loved his game and potential, but with all this good riddance. What a brat. I'm happy that the FO outmaneuvered him and didn't send him to one of 4 teams he demanded while he talked down the price. They were discreet and fired this off catching Janis and KP completely by surprise and with zero recourse. The alternative would have been getting practically nothing while he made his way to the Nets or some other team willing to let Janis play GM. Definitely won't be rooting for him as a player going forward.

Perry was really on the ball with this, and his prep helped prevent us from getting blindsided- very good job.

The info that's come out has made me a bit less optimistic that we have guarantees that KD and Kyrie will re-sign though (seems the KP move was made due to KP's attempted power play, rather than due to sudden intel regarding free agents).

So really the future of our franchise hinges on our draft position- may 14th is like a game 7 for us. We'll be fine if we luck out in free agency IF we get Zion, if we don't get zion, it's going to be a much longer, much more difficult rebuild.

Barret also looks like a franchise player. Hopefully we can get one of the first two picks.

Knicks_Fan
mlby1215
Posts: 20296
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/16/2017
Member: #6486

2/8/2019  8:00 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:Can't blame everything on Janis either. He is grown man and needs to take accountability. No shortcuts to being a champion.

Yes, I agree with you totally. He was 21 then and he is 23 now. If he allows his brother to screw up everything, then it is KP's responsibility.

Nalod
Posts: 57289
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2019  8:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is old news that people paid no attention to JANIS when he said back then he wasn't signing no extension..

Nov 3, 2017
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis said some of his brother's comments about the player's future with the Knicks were taken out of context and that he sees himself as a Knick for a "long, long time."

In an article published Tuesday, Janis Porzingis suggested that Porzingis would not decide to sign an extension solely because the Knicks can offer him the most money, fueling speculation that Porzingis would leave the Knicks rather than signing a rookie extension.

Like he said this more than once...this should have been no surprise when they decided to tank.

At the same time KP was no franchise player, didn't act like one, or played like one, and i don't think he care about being one.

He just wants good players around him who know how to play, and winning is a priority.

Where is your “FO WILL BE FIRED IN A YEAR” or other “Mills be damned” Rainmanian rants?
While Knicks franchise history leaves much to be desired what we have hear was an unreasonable player (I blame the player, not his agent) for still reasons not known to us. Seemingly KP has tried to find every “Gotcha” moment and use it as some leverage attempt. Phil was not really up to the task but if he was fired for wanting to trade KP then we owe him an apology on top of his 24millon (LOL).

Instead of the traditional reactive front office what we have is a preemptive move that despite their attempts to delay face to face meeting the knicks were decisive in their resolve. KP did push back on any notion him sitting the season but here we are and thats his preference. We lambasted Dolan for saying it before the season started!

By dragging their feet perhaps Janis thought he could drag this on until summer when Knicks had less opportunity. IT stands on logic that KP would create an scenario that he gets moved with his bird rights but he gets to dictate where. That devalues him via trade.

Why he is out to screw the knicks is still lost on me. Is this a petty vendetta in some sort? This some Latvian control thing? If so i need to learn it! At the end of the day knicks moved and kept some control. TO drag it on after the draft and into the summer would have mucked up a free agency season badly. No guarantee we land anyone but we have the opportunity and we have assets.

At first glance KP and Janis noted that he would only sign the QO upon arrival. Dallas is a good place for him. He might not have controlled it but Cube will take care of him and Doncic. The Franchise paired homage to Janis and while its hard to watch that its good business for them. The rest of it will rest on KP’s ability to play and sustain health.

Knicks offered him a deal with “Embiid” like injury clauses. THats good practice for knicks. It really served both to wait as it created cap space for the team and that translates to another player to succeed with. How does Tanking with a new coach and KP’s intention to sit make that the reason why Rainman warnings were prophetic?

You don't show a fool a job half done!
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32585
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

2/8/2019  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  10:23 AM
Man, I really want to go and see Dallas next year, just so I can start some chants, like:

JAN-IS SUCKS
FUCK YOU JAN-IS
and hopefully others get inspired for something more creative

When KP shoots FTs, I cannot wait to chant
JJJJAAAAANNNN-IIIIISSSSSSSSS,
like how we used aim this chant at Reggie Miller:
CHERRRRRRRRRR-RRRRYYYYYLLLLL

Cartman718 said: Is Fiz going to write Zion on the board during the timeout
knicks1248
Posts: 38589
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
2/8/2019  10:44 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is old news that people paid no attention to JANIS when he said back then he wasn't signing no extension..

Nov 3, 2017
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
NEW YORK -- Kristaps Porzingis said some of his brother's comments about the player's future with the Knicks were taken out of context and that he sees himself as a Knick for a "long, long time."

In an article published Tuesday, Janis Porzingis suggested that Porzingis would not decide to sign an extension solely because the Knicks can offer him the most money, fueling speculation that Porzingis would leave the Knicks rather than signing a rookie extension.

Like he said this more than once...this should have been no surprise when they decided to tank.

At the same time KP was no franchise player, didn't act like one, or played like one, and i don't think he care about being one.

He just wants good players around him who know how to play, and winning is a priority.

Where is your “FO WILL BE FIRED IN A YEAR” or other “Mills be damned” Rainmanian rants?
While Knicks franchise history leaves much to be desired what we have hear was an unreasonable player (I blame the player, not his agent) for still reasons not known to us. Seemingly KP has tried to find every “Gotcha” moment and use it as some leverage attempt. Phil was not really up to the task but if he was fired for wanting to trade KP then we owe him an apology on top of his 24millon (LOL).

Instead of the traditional reactive front office what we have is a preemptive move that despite their attempts to delay face to face meeting the knicks were decisive in their resolve. KP did push back on any notion him sitting the season but here we are and thats his preference. We lambasted Dolan for saying it before the season started!

By dragging their feet perhaps Janis thought he could drag this on until summer when Knicks had less opportunity. IT stands on logic that KP would create an scenario that he gets moved with his bird rights but he gets to dictate where. That devalues him via trade.

Why he is out to screw the knicks is still lost on me. Is this a petty vendetta in some sort? This some Latvian control thing? If so i need to learn it! At the end of the day knicks moved and kept some control. TO drag it on after the draft and into the summer would have mucked up a free agency season badly. No guarantee we land anyone but we have the opportunity and we have assets.

At first glance KP and Janis noted that he would only sign the QO upon arrival. Dallas is a good place for him. He might not have controlled it but Cube will take care of him and Doncic. The Franchise paired homage to Janis and while its hard to watch that its good business for them. The rest of it will rest on KP’s ability to play and sustain health.

Knicks offered him a deal with “Embiid” like injury clauses. THats good practice for knicks. It really served both to wait as it created cap space for the team and that translates to another player to succeed with. How does Tanking with a new coach and KP’s intention to sit make that the reason why Rainman warnings were prophetic?

I still don't like mills, but I also wasn't on board with giving KP a Max offer (and i said that in the thread I made month ago about the possibility of him leaving.

Phil didn't get fired for wanting to potential trade him, but more so because of his sick, pathetic, old school approach to the NBA game that resembled a CULT.

KP is a really good player, and most really good players are DIVAS/BRATS/SPOILED/ENTITLED.

I keep telling over and over whenever your losing your going to see MAJOR changes, and those changes tend to derail your original plan, and thats when the wheels fall and ppl get fired

ES
NYKBocker
Posts: 35874
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
2/8/2019  10:50 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:Man, I really want to go and see Dallas next year, just so I can start some chants, like:

JAN-IS SUCKS
FUCK YOU JAN-IS
and hopefully others get inspired for something more creative

When KP shoots FTs, I cannot wait to chant
JJJJAAAAANNNN-IIIIISSSSSSSSS,
like how we used aim this chant at Reggie Miller:
CHERRRRRRRRRR-RRRRYYYYYLLLLL

OH man! That would be epic. Chanting Janis everytime he touches the ball would be awesome
ramtour420
Posts: 23758
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 3/19/2007
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2019  2:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Man, I really want to go and see Dallas next year, just so I can start some chants, like:

JAN-IS SUCKS
FUCK YOU JAN-IS
and hopefully others get inspired for something more creative

When KP shoots FTs, I cannot wait to chant
JJJJAAAAANNNN-IIIIISSSSSSSSS,
like how we used aim this chant at Reggie Miller:
CHERRRRRRRRRR-RRRRYYYYYLLLLL

OH man! That would be epic. Chanting Janis everytime he touches the ball would be awesome

I am so with you on this. That should rub KP the wrong way because he let Janis set a course of his career. That would be like calling him Janis's bitch in a subtle yet obnoxious way

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one." -J.Lennon
anrst
Posts: 22507
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/7/2005
Member: #1054
USA
2/8/2019  4:25 PM
glad he didn't sign it
Shelbourne Reporting Knicks offered KP an extension last summer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.