What would you give up for AD?
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/7/2019  1:01 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Don't want to trade for him- we need our you players and draft picks to fill out the roster. Why give them up for AD when you might be able to add a different star player for free as a free agent and keep all that stuff? Not repeating the Melo debacle again, thanks!
Obviously I would LOVE to get him but their asking price is astronomical. I mean the Lakers are willing to give basically everyone not names Lebron,take back a contract,and at least two unprotected firsts and they still said no. Can imagine what it would cost us lol.

I don't think that package from the Lakers is anything close to astronomical though. It's just big, like a pupu platter. I think this is where we disagree on things in general going back to the KP deal. All those guys in the Lakers deal are replaceable. Nothing special is in there, and the 2 1sts would be coming from a team that starts with LeBron and AD - not good picks.

The Pels are actually being realistic in their asking price, which is that they want 1 big-time quality asset to be the centerpiece, like a top 3 pick or Tatum. Something they can potentially build around.

I think we would have a legitimate shot at him with that top pick. I wouldn't trade it if it's the #1, but just about anything else I would and that with the Dallas 1sts and if DSJ can pump up some value could be closer than people think. I would take that over the Lakers spare parts offer because it at least gives them a shot at a franchise type player in the draft.

I agree with that completely. The Lakers bill might be $50, but really they're giving up a bunch of appetizers that cost $6. Kuzma is the only thing of substance there and well the Lakers and LeBron seem content to burn that bridge. The only way I see Nola accepting that offer is if the Lakers figure out how to trade all the other players than Kuzma for decent picks.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

2/7/2019  1:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Don't want to trade for him- we need our you players and draft picks to fill out the roster. Why give them up for AD when you might be able to add a different star player for free as a free agent and keep all that stuff? Not repeating the Melo debacle again, thanks!
Obviously I would LOVE to get him but their asking price is astronomical. I mean the Lakers are willing to give basically everyone not names Lebron,take back a contract,and at least two unprotected firsts and they still said no. Can imagine what it would cost us lol.

I don't think that package from the Lakers is anything close to astronomical though. It's just big, like a pupu platter. I think this is where we disagree on things in general going back to the KP deal. All those guys in the Lakers deal are replaceable. Nothing special is in there, and the 2 1sts would be coming from a team that starts with LeBron and AD - not good picks.

The Pels are actually being realistic in their asking price, which is that they want 1 big-time quality asset to be the centerpiece, like a top 3 pick or Tatum. Something they can potentially build around.

I think we would have a legitimate shot at him with that top pick. I wouldn't trade it if it's the #1, but just about anything else I would and that with the Dallas 1sts and if DSJ can pump up some value could be closer than people think. I would take that over the Lakers spare parts offer because it at least gives them a shot at a franchise type player in the draft.

I agree with that completely. The Lakers bill might be $50, but really they're giving up a bunch of appetizers that cost $6. Kuzma is the only thing of substance there and well the Lakers and LeBron seem content to burn that bridge. The only way I see Nola accepting that offer is if the Lakers figure out how to trade all the other players than Kuzma for decent picks.

Yup, exactly. I think that kind of offer even if a decent pick replaces Kuzma is their absolute last resort. I would honestly take a top 3 pick over all of those players if I had the choice. I always try to look at this stuff in the context of how to build a championship team, not just add a few short-term wins.

I would literally take just Tatum and a pick or the top 3 pick and the Dallas 1sts over that box of Russell Stover chocolates the Lakers are offering. I think Boston's bluffing on Tatum though, I don't think that's going to be a reality when summer rolls around.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/7/2019  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  2:01 PM
IMO the Lakers offer was more quantity than quality. Kuzma and Ingram were the best pieces but I don't think blow away anyone. They're nice but on a different plane than what Pels are looking for. Lakers draft picks would potentially be late first round if AD and Lebron win; Lonzo seriously isn't moving the needle much. COnsider how the Lakers have been playing without Lebron. That;s what theyre offering plus late picks

Reportedly, Pels want more of a bona fide AllStar. Alpha male

it might come down to us and Boston. We'd have to offer a top 1 or 2 pick as the centerpiece; Boston would have to offer Tatum

I could see that happening. And I would probably pull the trigger for that but I wouldn't mortgage the future either

(5)(5)
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/7/2019  1:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  1:49 PM
Chandler wrote:IMO the Lakers offer was more quantity than quality. Kuzma and Ingram were the best pieces but I don't think blow away anyone. They're nice but on a different plain than what Pels are looking for. Lakers draft picks would potentially be late first round if AD and Lebron win; Lonzo seriously isn't moving the needle much. COnsider how the Lakers have been playing without Lebron. That;s what theyre offering plus late picks

it might come down to us and Boston. We'd have to offer a top 1 or 2 pick as the centerpiece; Boston would have to offer Tatum

I could see that happening. And I would probably pull the trigger for that but I wouldn't mortgage the future either

I would give up a non-Zion pick, the Dallas firsts, DSJ, and another non-Knox player or two. I think that's better than what the Lakers are offering.

I don't think we'll really have a shot if the Celts are including Tatum. I'm not sure anyone has a better centerpiece to deal than that. I have my doubts that they're going to do that though.

Chandler

2/7/2019  1:55 PM
Chandler wrote:IMO the Lakers offer was more quantity than quality. Kuzma and Ingram were the best pieces but I don't think blow away anyone. They're nice but on a different plain than what Pels are looking for. Lakers draft picks would potentially be late first round if AD and Lebron win; Lonzo seriously isn't moving the needle much. COnsider how the Lakers have been playing without Lebron. That;s what theyre offering plus late picks

I would give up a non-Zion pick, the Dallas firsts, DSJ, and another non-Knox player or two. I think that's better than what the Lakers are offering.

I don't think we'll really have a shot if the Celts are including Tatum. I'm not sure anyone has a better centerpiece to deal than that. I have my doubts that they're going to do that though.

Pels big question regarding Tatum will be whether he is Alpha like Kobe-level or just an amazing Robin to some other Batman

Zion at least has the hype to be Lebron-level-unstoppable.

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  2:00 PM

I think Ainge would consider throwing in his mom if he thought it would create a good package. Tatum is definitely a goner if AD is on the table. Brown too. They've had mildy disappointing years so far, but that alone craps on any centerpieces the Lakers can start off with. It kinda craps on what we can offer too. We might have to take on guys like Holiday and start eating into that second max slot.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler

2/7/2019  2:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think Ainge would consider throwing in his mom if he thought it would create a good package. Tatum is definitely a goner if AD is on the table. Brown too. They've had mildy disappointing years so far, but that alone craps on any centerpieces the Lakers can start off with. It kinda craps on what we can offer too. We might have to take on guys like Holiday and start eating into that second max slot.

You don't think Zion or #2 would trump Tatum?

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/7/2019  2:04 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You don't think Zion or #2 would trump Tatum?

Zion? Maybe. The second overall? No.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
What would you give up for AD?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy