[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DSJ/Frank/Mudiay/ Kyrie or Kemba? Something obviously has to give.
Author Thread
homeskillitprigioni
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4507

2/6/2019  5:45 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:IMO, everyone on this list can be traded. All have some potential, but I'd part with any for the right price. DSJ and frank are on rookie contracts, so have more value than mudiay. I dont want Kemba for the max. Nice player but he'll be a bad contract we have to get rid of down the road. If you dont get Kyrie, there's room for mudiay and DSJ at point and Frank as a SG among Dot and Trier.

I agree, they're all replaceable parts.

I would only want Kemba for the max under the right circumstances. If he's coming with another guy like KD or Kawhi or if we pull off a deal for AD I'm down with that, he's a quality #2 to them.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2019  5:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  5:47 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
martin wrote:Why does anyone think Mudiay has trade value? Even for like a top 55 protected pick?

Dude is going to be an UFA heading to China soon and do we really think a PLAYOFF team wants him and is will to give up some sort of pick?

He was worth a 2nd round pick when we got him and has exceeded expectations. He probably won't ever start on a good team but he be good to have as a backup PG for sure

He was still on cheap contract when that deal was made and he's only had a short stint of moderate success. If you're a young team and you like him, you can just wait until the summer. If you're a veteran team looking for a placeholder at backup point guard, you can just scour the waiver wires. Second round picks still hold some value and we're still not sure what Mudiay is.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2019  6:35 PM
Or...they decide that Smith Jr and Frank can carry the load.

Or...they don't get zion and pick Ja. Ja plays PG and SmithJr plays SG or gets moved in the summer or at the draft.

The point is that until we know the draft position, everything is on the table. No reason to speculate. What we want to see is Frank, SMith, Trier, Robinsom, Knox and Dotson play as much as possible and start showing they can fulfill roles on a playoff team.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/6/2019  6:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2019  6:46 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Or...they decide that Smith Jr and Frank can carry the load.

Or...they don't get zion and pick Ja. Ja plays PG and SmithJr plays SG or gets moved in the summer or at the draft.

The point is that until we know the draft position, everything is on the table. No reason to speculate. What we want to see is Frank, SMith, Trier, Robinsom, Knox and Dotson play as much as possible and start showing they can fulfill roles on a playoff team.

Dont understand the rush by some to move DSJ, for the next shiny object. He's pound for pound easily the most talented young PG we've had on the roster since Mark Jackson. We've cut loose some good prospects, for the same reason, short term thinking. Not predicting how things will turn out, but here's hoping DSJ gets a real chance to stick.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2019  7:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Or...they decide that Smith Jr and Frank can carry the load.

Dont understand the rush by some to move DSJ, for the next shiny object. He's pound for pound easily the most talented young PG we've had on the roster since Mark Jackson. We've cut loose some good prospects, for the same reason, short term thinking. Not predicting how things will turn out, but here's hoping DSJ gets a real chance to stick.

I don't think there's a rush. But if the rumors are true, then we need to accept that the rebuild as we knew it is over. Everyone is on the table. We'd be in the same situation as Lakers, but hopefully not as desperate lol Kyle Kuzma is nice homegrown player for them. But you can't let that stop you from aggressively going after AD. You're right in that it's probably a bit too early to worry about this, but I can understand. What else are we going to talk about? Knox and DSJ on All-Star weekend?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/6/2019  7:52 PM
On second thought, Rod Strickland could ball. Dont remember him having that kind of burst though.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/6/2019  8:09 PM
Strickland was good. NEver got a chance here with Mjax in the way..and then they traded Mjax too....
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/6/2019  8:19 PM
martin wrote:Why does anyone think Mudiay has trade value? Even for like a top 55 protected pick?

Dude is going to be an UFA heading to China soon and do we really think a PLAYOFF team wants him and is will to give up some sort of pick?

Nope, he is a rental scrub

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/6/2019  8:29 PM
Can we trade Dennis Smith Jr to Utah for Mitchell and Allen? They'll need a PG if Rubio leaves. Mitchell plays defense and also puts up 20 a game. Neither is very efficient at shooting but Mitchell doesn't have the entitlement package, he is more like a base model.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2019  9:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Can we trade Dennis Smith Jr to Utah for Mitchell and Allen? They'll need a PG if Rubio leaves. Mitchell plays defense and also puts up 20 a game. Neither is very efficient at shooting but Mitchell doesn't have the entitlement package, he is more like a base model.
Have you been following what has been going on?
It turns out that the Knicks spent much of January quietly canvassing the league for potential Porzingis deals, according to a person familiar with the talks who was not authorized to discuss them publicly. They tried — unsuccessfully — to trade for untouchables such as Utah’s Donovan Mitchell and Sacramento’s De’Aaron Fox.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/06/sports/basketball/porzingis-mavericks-knicks.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2019  9:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Can we trade Dennis Smith Jr to Utah for Mitchell and Allen? They'll need a PG if Rubio leaves. Mitchell plays defense and also puts up 20 a game. Neither is very efficient at shooting but Mitchell doesn't have the entitlement package, he is more like a base model.

Did you just ask if the Knicks could trade DSJr for Mitchell with a straight face?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/7/2019  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2019  8:56 AM
martin wrote:

Did you just ask if the Knicks could trade DSJr for Mitchell with a straight face?

Not just Mitchell...Mitchell AND some ghost Allen

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2019  10:31 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Not just Mitchell...Mitchell AND some ghost Allen

Grayson Allen. LOL so Mitchell and an additional first round asset. WTF

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DSJ/Frank/Mudiay/ Kyrie or Kemba? Something obviously has to give.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy