[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is FIZ the answer
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
4/1/2019  10:17 PM
My criticism would be that the team has not devloped am identity. Not on O and not on D.

My hope would be based on the improvedment of Mitch, Dotson and Mudiay.

Knox has been a mixed bag but here at the end, a bit of a disappointment.

AUTOADVERT
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

4/1/2019  10:23 PM
Kemet wrote:From day one of training-camp to the regular season games Fizdale's coaching never implemented chemistry nor team-ball amongst the Knick players. The Fizdale's Knicks started the pre-season games having a isolation-offense system and a poor zone defense system. The switching of different player line-ups and rotations started in the preseason games. Fire Fizdale at end of season !!!

He'll get next season as a barometer. Not impressed by his, anything....

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/2/2019  11:30 AM
Doc Rivers said it best. Youth is not an excuse. Fizz on the other hand make it a point to make it an excuse.
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/2/2019  11:48 AM
Vmart wrote:Doc Rivers said it best. Youth is not an excuse. Fizz on the other hand make it a point to make it an excuse.

there is something to be said for that. Certainly the inexperience hurts, but the young legs should help especially if you're playing a more energy- and effort-oriented system, than a passing cerebral approach

Just sounds like another sales job, kicking the can down the road praying and hoping a superstar or three will fix everything.

(5)(5)
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/2/2019  1:08 PM
fizz is a good salesman but his act kinda wears thin, he says keep what u kill but goes the opposite way with guys like mudiay.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/2/2019  1:49 PM
dacash wrote:fizz is a good salesman but his act kinda wears thin, he says keep what u kill but goes the opposite way with guys like mudiay.

unfortunately Mudiay didn't have much competition really. Frank failed, Burke didn't do much better than Mudiay. DSJr has only been here for a hot minute and started while Mudiay was injured and then got injured himself. Feel like Kadeem has been a bright spot for a nanosecond; I was actually surprised at his shooting %'s: 47% overall, 53% eFG%, 45% on 3pt attempts on 18 games at 20 minutes per, not too shabby on a bad team.

Nothing for Mudiay to kill

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/2/2019  2:08 PM
martin wrote:
dacash wrote:fizz is a good salesman but his act kinda wears thin, he says keep what u kill but goes the opposite way with guys like mudiay.

unfortunately Mudiay didn't have much competition really. Frank failed, Burke didn't do much better than Mudiay. DSJr has only been here for a hot minute and started while Mudiay was injured and then got injured himself. Feel like Kadeem has been a bright spot for a nanosecond; I was actually surprised at his shooting %'s: 47% overall, 53% eFG%, 45% on 3pt attempts on 18 games at 20 minutes per, not too shabby on a bad team.

watched a little bit of the game yesterday and heard those stats and was quite surprise.

I also thought fiz through his team under the bus by saying they will focus on guys that can defend.

That's basically a coach saying.. I can't get players to defend, I can't teach them how to defend, all i can do is preach defense...smh

ES
Vmart
USA
4/2/2019  2:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

watched a little bit of the game yesterday and heard those stats and was quite surprise.

I also thought fiz through his team under the bus by saying they will focus on guys that can defend.

That's basically a coach saying.. I can't get players to defend, I can't teach them how to defend, all i can do is preach defense...smh

Any time a coach says I need better players is basically not a coach. A coach coaches no matter who or what is given to him.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/2/2019  4:50 PM
martin wrote:

Kadeem has been a surprise. Henry Ellenson looked good for a game too.

My expectations of Fizz and the front office can only be exceeded at this point, so I guess that's good news

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/2/2019  5:52 PM
Vmart wrote:Doc Rivers said it best. Youth is not an excuse. Fizz on the other hand make it a point to make it an excuse.

Doc had 4 rookies and 3 first year players the year he got fired from the Magic.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/2/2019  6:17 PM
martin wrote:

PG is the only area where I felt he handled things fairly. But the way he handled the forward rotations was mess. What did Hezonja kill! What did Knox kill? I understand that we all want the kid the play, but c'mon. How accountable did he hold THJ? What the hell was he trying to do with Frank at PF? The baffling crunch time plays.... There is a lot to question about Fiz, even when you consider this was a youth development season. But that's no excuse to at least plant the seeds of an offensive or defensive system.I get that it's first year here and he needs more time. But I'd be lying if I said I had much confidence in him heading into next season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/2/2019  7:37 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/2/2019  8:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

No promises

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/3/2019  12:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Doc had 4 rookies and 3 first year players the year he got fired from the Magic.
you are always trying to inject logic into these threads. Have you learned nothing?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/3/2019  12:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

you are always trying to inject logic into these threads. Have you learned nothing?
Exactly
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/3/2019  12:49 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Exactly

doc states I got fired from orlando for the same type of environment FIZ is in, so why is youth and excuse.

how do you justify keeping a coach that has a roster playing no defense, no offense, no chemistry, don't play hard, don't play smart, too much 1 on 1, rarely share the ball, and only 2 out of 20 players improved.

At the end of the day what did fiz do well?

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/3/2019  1:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Exactly
doc states I got fired from orlando for the same type of environment FIZ is in, so why is youth and excuse.

how do you justify keeping a coach that has a roster playing no defense, no offense, no chemistry, don't play hard, don't play smart, too much 1 on 1, rarely share the ball, and only 2 out of 20 players improved.

He at least got your hormones going. That was entertaining enough.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Vmart
USA
4/3/2019  1:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Exactly

That is logic they just don’t comprehend.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/3/2019  9:32 PM
Hard to tell in a tanking season
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/3/2019  9:55 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Hard to tell in a tanking season

Regardless, some semblance of a defensive scheme would have been appreciated. Throwing Mitch in and expecting him to lock down the opposing team is not realistic.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Is FIZ the answer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy