Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

2/13/2019  12:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:there was an article recently that Robinson's improvement on reducing fouls was a result of his personal trainer connecting him with Kerry Kittles (i.e., not the Fizz staff)

Again, I will keep fingers cross and there are positives, but there are also legitimate things of concern

......and outside coaching advice gets reinforced everyday in practice and in games. Who cares how or why, just that it happens.
Rainman is looking for results 50 games in and then assign blame. Development is a process not a result.
Fiz let Jenkins take a game winning shot. If he hits it is that "Development" or that he gave him the assignment and he learned from it.

Mitchell a raw rookie plays. That's a process. He is given minutes. He is not born with foul trouble tendencies. It is apparent. He then begins a process of identifying then remediation. He is improving. That's progress. We'll give him more plays and responsibilities. Is that development? What if we give him more and he by box score "regresses"? That our measure or the coaches. Same with Frank. What are we asking him to do this year over last? Where is he succeeding, regressiong, or stagnant? Is it he is not capable? Team dynamic? Wrong coaching?
Lets change the front office? This way Frank can have his third in three years? More coaches? Because Rainman says its all mills fault as GM as if Phil was never here?
Clee, Enes, Tim and KP are all freaking gone. That's 4 starters from last year. Burke. Gone.
In place are the kids.
Sugar coating this? Hell no, it doe not win games. We can't see the future. If I get up every day and do that right thing good things happen. start a new year by eating right, exercise, sleep. Live long. Then a bus hits me while im sipping a cappuccino in Rome.
Shyt happens. I survive. Gonna blame my regimine for a few months on that? Nope. Doc says im lucky to survive because I was in good shape. Good enough shape! Says my bones will mend better because of that. Said it was good I quit smoking years ago but had I never I might be in still better shape. Know what, I can't undo that now. Its part of my history and all I can do is what I do going forward. Making good small choices helps even when bad things happen. Knicks are making better choices. Not evident but new GM in season and a half an new coach. I have more faith in this FO than any in the last 20 years because of it. No guarantees for success. Rainman, what should another GM do at this moment going forward? Erase history?

10 wins, no improvement, no plan, no core, no system, no roles, no progress...

Stop justifying Mills and perry's inept work, as if Phil is the blame, who was phil Jackson GM.

Who hired FIZ, who Hired Keith (fired from his last 3 coaching gigs)Smart..

Nolad, Mills will be fired, and you know it..He has one strike left..pay attention to DOLANS track record.

If they do a good job in june and july, i'll change my tune, but my sources have told me, DOLAN is ready to make a change(and you know i have been right about a lot sht)

wait lol, you have sources? They inside or outside your head?

It was a joke, but after posting that, i bet a co wrker (lunch) that you would be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person to respond to that...and low and behold, like clock work you did.

Track record is what i pay attn to the most..

Do you like Mitch?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/13/2019  2:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:there was an article recently that Robinson's improvement on reducing fouls was a result of his personal trainer connecting him with Kerry Kittles (i.e., not the Fizz staff)

Again, I will keep fingers cross and there are positives, but there are also legitimate things of concern

......and outside coaching advice gets reinforced everyday in practice and in games. Who cares how or why, just that it happens.
Rainman is looking for results 50 games in and then assign blame. Development is a process not a result.
Fiz let Jenkins take a game winning shot. If he hits it is that "Development" or that he gave him the assignment and he learned from it.

Mitchell a raw rookie plays. That's a process. He is given minutes. He is not born with foul trouble tendencies. It is apparent. He then begins a process of identifying then remediation. He is improving. That's progress. We'll give him more plays and responsibilities. Is that development? What if we give him more and he by box score "regresses"? That our measure or the coaches. Same with Frank. What are we asking him to do this year over last? Where is he succeeding, regressiong, or stagnant? Is it he is not capable? Team dynamic? Wrong coaching?
Lets change the front office? This way Frank can have his third in three years? More coaches? Because Rainman says its all mills fault as GM as if Phil was never here?
Clee, Enes, Tim and KP are all freaking gone. That's 4 starters from last year. Burke. Gone.
In place are the kids.
Sugar coating this? Hell no, it doe not win games. We can't see the future. If I get up every day and do that right thing good things happen. start a new year by eating right, exercise, sleep. Live long. Then a bus hits me while im sipping a cappuccino in Rome.
Shyt happens. I survive. Gonna blame my regimine for a few months on that? Nope. Doc says im lucky to survive because I was in good shape. Good enough shape! Says my bones will mend better because of that. Said it was good I quit smoking years ago but had I never I might be in still better shape. Know what, I can't undo that now. Its part of my history and all I can do is what I do going forward. Making good small choices helps even when bad things happen. Knicks are making better choices. Not evident but new GM in season and a half an new coach. I have more faith in this FO than any in the last 20 years because of it. No guarantees for success. Rainman, what should another GM do at this moment going forward? Erase history?

Stop justifying Mills and perry's inept work, as if Phil is the blame, who was phil Jackson GM.

Nolad, Mills will be fired, and you know it..He has one strike left..pay attention to DOLANS track record.

If they do a good job in june and july, i'll change my tune, but my sources have told me, DOLAN is ready to make a change(and you know i have been right about a lot sht)

Not a fan of Mills. Mention it many times that he is a YES man and his main goal, taught at Princeton, is to survive in the corporate world. Phil bought him 5 extra years. The new rebuild buys him another 5.

With that said.... think the moves that they have done, for hopefully the right reasons, all seem to be good ones an has finally led the team into a true rebuild and garnished several assets. I was, at first, unhappy about the KP trade but the more I read the more I realized there was not much the Knicks could do.

Fiz was a good hire as he has a good reputation with players, except for Gasol. and is known as a good YOUNG coach by most. For me, judging a coach after half a season of a rebuild with the players we have on the roster bears no logic?

Notice you dont like much about the Knicks, FO or coach. What I think is a valid question, for most, is WHAT WOULD YOU DO or think the Knicks should do? Keeping in minc firing a first year coach at the begining of a rebuild is not a very smart idea.

The first words in the beginning of this thread was I LIKE FIZ so I don't why you would think otherwise

You know why players like FIZ, because he allows a player to be who they are, play the way they are comfortable playing, and you can't do that with low IQ players, that's why you see such little progress. You can do that with High IQ discipline players, with a tremendous work ethic.

Young players need structure, mentorship, and a define role, do we have that going on here?

Think this is why some on here are frustrated by your responses. Most of what you just said here is all subjective and just not factual.

How would you know what the Knicks have in terms of structure, mentorship or defined rolls?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/13/2019  3:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

In place are the kids.

Not a fan of Mills. Mention it many times that he is a YES man and his main goal, taught at Princeton, is to survive in the corporate world. Phil bought him 5 extra years. The new rebuild buys him another 5.

With that said.... think the moves that they have done, for hopefully the right reasons, all seem to be good ones an has finally led the team into a true rebuild and garnished several assets. I was, at first, unhappy about the KP trade but the more I read the more I realized there was not much the Knicks could do.

Fiz was a good hire as he has a good reputation with players, except for Gasol. and is known as a good YOUNG coach by most. For me, judging a coach after half a season of a rebuild with the players we have on the roster bears no logic?

Notice you dont like much about the Knicks, FO or coach. What I think is a valid question, for most, is WHAT WOULD YOU DO or think the Knicks should do? Keeping in minc firing a first year coach at the begining of a rebuild is not a very smart idea.

The first words in the beginning of this thread was I LIKE FIZ so I don't why you would think otherwise

You know why players like FIZ, because he allows a player to be who they are, play the way they are comfortable playing, and you can't do that with low IQ players, that's why you see such little progress. You can do that with High IQ discipline players, with a tremendous work ethic.

Young players need structure, mentorship, and a define role, do we have that going on here?

Think this is why some on here are frustrated by your responses. Most of what you just said here is all subjective and just not factual.

How would you know what the Knicks have in terms of structure, mentorship or defined rolls?

The first thing fiz did as the knicks coach(during training camp) was Praise the leadership of Lance, after the trade with KP, he praised matthews for the same thing, and then he can not say enough good things about the impact D jordan is having on Mitch, and you see it in mitch is game.

Without veteran leadership, a coach is going to struggle big time, and so will a young player..BOTH PERRY AND FIZ MENTION THAT OVER THE SUMMER, and mills chose not to acquire any over the summer.

It's cool to let guys learn from experience, but that development is going to take that much longer. Billups was a prime example of a player who was lost until KG and a few vets took him under their wing.

When i say structure, im talking about a system in which you know what role you play in that system, you know where you fit..

what is our Identity, are we a defensive team, a running fast pace team, a 3 point shooting team, a half court team?

Do you think that's going to be establish by season end?

casey got fired from the raptors because he could not raise the level of his talented team when it matter the most, every coach has to raise the level of their talent, that's one of the main reason you have a coach/coaching staff.

A coach is doomed without veteran leadership

ES
knicks1248
2/13/2019  3:49 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

In place are the kids.

It was a joke, but after posting that, i bet a co wrker (lunch) that you would be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person to respond to that...and low and behold, like clock work you did.

Do you like Mitch?

I don't dislike any player we have, I just think the development process is pure garbage

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/13/2019  3:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

In place are the kids.

hahaahah well that is awesome. Feel like I should get an appetizer or something out of this. We talking fast food, Panera, corporate cafeteria, or more upscale?

You gotta do this monthly but you gotta let me know which post to respond to cause they all blend in for me

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
2/13/2019  4:42 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

In place are the kids.

hahaahah well that is awesome. Feel like I should get an appetizer or something out of this. We talking fast food, Panera, corporate cafeteria, or more upscale?

You gotta do this monthly but you gotta let me know which post to respond to cause they all blend in for me

lol...nah the limit was $10, i settled for chipotle, i have some chips and guac i can share with you though

ES
knicks1248
3/11/2019  11:00 AM
Well here we are 41 games under 500, and some will insist the coach has no part of that....YEAH RIGHT

It's becoming more and more obvious that fizdale is not a good HEAD COACH..

It's either this roster has completely tuned him out or he just can get majority of these kids to focus, raise their level of play, or play hard for more than 12 minutes.

He is using youth as an excuse every chance he gets, why not just coming out and say I'm not good at getting young guys to step up, focus, play smart or play hard..I COULD COUNT ON ONE HAND THE AMOUNT OF TIMES HE HAS SAID "I NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB" very little accountabilty

What Fiz is showing me is that he can't elevate talent... like Luke walton, everybody thought he was the hottest coach on the planet after guiding the super talented GSW who had the best chemistry since the 90's Bulls team (without KD) to 70+ wins. Only to see him look lost with a Avg roster, that's primarily young..

I see the knicks still playing well below their level even with 2 max players as long as Fiz is the head coach.

I love the guys attitude, love his charisma, loves is sales pitch but when it comes down to X&O, he is pure trash..Take that for DATA..

Show me you can take a BS roster and make them better, show you can take a good roster and make them the best..that's how I judge coaches

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/11/2019  11:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Well here we are 41 games under 500, and some will insist the coach has no part of that....YEAH RIGHT

It's either this roster has completely tuned him out or he just can get majority of these kids to focus, raise their level of play, or play hard for more than 12 minutes.

He is using youth as an excuse every chance he gets, why not just coming out and say I'm not good at getting young guys to step up, focus, play smart or play hard..I COULD COUNT ON ONE HAND THE AMOUNT OF TIMES HE HAS SAID "I NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB" very little accountabilty

What Fiz is showing me is that he can't elevate talent... like Luke walton, everybody thought he was the hottest coach on the planet after guiding the super talented GSW who had the best chemistry since the 90's Bulls team (without KD) to 70+ wins. Only to see him look lost with a Avg roster, that's primarily young..

I see the knicks still playing well below their level even with 2 max players as long as Fiz is the head coach.

I love the guys attitude, love his charisma, loves is sales pitch but when it comes down to X&O, he is pure trash..Take that for DATA..

Show me you can take a BS roster and make them better, show you can take a good roster and make them the best..that's how I judge coaches

Do you believe that Fizdale's job should depend on this season alone?

ccch
Member: #3876

3/11/2019  12:02 PM
Fitz is way over his head...it's called the " Peter Principle"
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/11/2019  12:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Well here we are 41 games under 500, and some will insist the coach has no part of that....YEAH RIGHT

It has to be a part of the process regardless if the Knicks are tanking the improvements in the players is minimal at best. Some have actually regressed under his coaching. He is a bad coach I believe he will not be good even with talent.

knicks1248
3/11/2019  12:40 PM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It has to be a part of the process regardless if the Knicks are tanking the improvements in the players is minimal at best. Some have actually regressed under his coaching. He is a bad coach I believe he will not be good even with talent.

That's my point, just look at JH when he got a 2nd chance, everybody wanted to blame the triangle and he was just as bad with no triangle.

The question is, what makes you think FIZ is a Good Head coach?

As soon as guys stop playing hard and focus, your done as a coach. Yeah fiz will let you play through 100"s of mistakes(and guys like that) until it becomes a everyday habit, and then he blames youth..

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/11/2019  12:53 PM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Mudiay has played the best ball in his career with Fiz....Vonleh is having his best year as a pro...Robinson and Trier have shown constant improvement throughout the year....

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/11/2019  1:02 PM
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Mudiay has played the best ball in his career with Fiz....Vonleh is having his best year as a pro...Robinson and Trier have shown constant improvement throughout the year....

Is Mudiay really playing good basketball? Nothing is being asked of him. There is no system so is he really playing well. What happens to him if a system gets placed whatever he is doing now probably doesn’t even translate.

knicks1248
3/11/2019  1:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

While these guys have shown a little improvement, Fiz himself took none of the credit for mitch or triers improvement...trier has the work ethic and doesn't need a sole to keep him the gym for 20 extra hrs..just his mother, mitch and fiz has praise D Jordan.

Noah and mudiay are playing for contracts, which fiz has mention in every other post game conference..

Also thank Your FO for consistently giving these coaches some of the worst rosters in franchise history, with the objective of losing every game if possible..

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2019  1:09 PM

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/11/2019  2:23 PM
I haven't seen enough to be satisfied but I think it's a little too soon to make any bold proclamations
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
3/11/2019  2:24 PM
Fiz is a good leader. Genuine guy.

Bad coach.

We should get another new coach. Again.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/11/2019  2:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

That's my point, just look at JH when he got a 2nd chance, everybody wanted to blame the triangle and he was just as bad with no triangle.

As soon as guys stop playing hard and focus, your done as a coach. Yeah fiz will let you play through 100"s of mistakes(and guys like that) until it becomes a everyday habit, and then he blames youth..

Never did answer my question...

knicks1248
3/11/2019  3:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If it was up to me, I'd thank him for the job he's done, and go in another direction. He hasn't proven to me that he can be a head coach or elevate talent to be a top coach in the NBA, or he can take a demotion(which i never seen done with a head coach).

my other option would give Fiz perry's job, and i would give perry Mills job, and I would give mills back his marketing job.

I would then hire JVG or Mark jackson without even a formal interview..

I would never in a million yrs hire another coach without a proven track record..

this dude has won 5 games in 3 months, that 5-40 dispite having reasonable talent.

And BTW, answer this, What make you think he's a good head coach?

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/11/2019  3:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If it was up to me, I'd thank him for the job he's done, and go in another direction. He hasn't proven to me that he can be a head coach or elevate talent to be a top coach in the NBA, or he can take a demotion(which i never seen done with a head coach).

my other option would give Fiz perry's job, and i would give perry Mills job, and I would give mills back his marketing job.

I would then hire JVG or Mark jackson without even a formal interview..

I would never in a million yrs hire another coach without a proven track record..

this dude has won 5 games in 3 months, that 5-40 dispite having reasonable talent.

And BTW, answer this, What make you think he's a good head coach?

Reasonable Talent? WTF does that mean?

Please let us know what reasonable talent means and how the Knicks have met that threshold

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Is FIZ the answer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy