[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is FIZ the answer
Author Thread
nyk2017
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7538

2/4/2019  10:53 PM
My 2 cents...

Fiz has done a good job with the talent on this roster. Couple of things stick out for me:
1) the team does very well out of timeouts and almost always execute a good play (as long as they can in bounds the ball). That speaks volumes to a good X/O's coach. If they have the talent, then he would do well. This leads me to point number 2.
2) He is seen as a player's coach and is well liked by superstars. Don't get it wrong, this is a superstars league. If he can attract superstars with the cap space, we will see more success. I am encouraged by the fact that AD, Kyrie and KD all want to come to us despite our poor records. This speaks volumes.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/5/2019  8:14 AM
IDK, losing 13 straight home games, that's happen once in over 60 yrs, and we are on pace to lose the most game this franchise has ever seen(since 1946)..and some of you want to sit there and state that the coach is not accountable, or the GM is not accountable, or is it the president..smh
ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2019  8:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:IDK, losing 13 straight home games, that's happen once in over 60 yrs, and we are on pace to lose the most game this franchise has ever seen(since 1946)..and some of you want to sit there and state that the coach is not accountable, or the GM is not accountable, or is it the president..smh

We all read of the discord between KP and FO. Given his injury and bird rights it was highly illogical what happened. Since your similar it worked for you.

That does to make you credible to evaluate Fiz for the purpose of this conversation. Fiz came from Miami’s championship years. If you look at Memphis, perhaps Fiz was correct. Conley was out and He wanted Gasol to move his ass and shoot threes. He does now. They still suck. JH was moved. Because we wanted to move forward and GROW with youth. Fiz was the choice. You want to lop the past into the present. IT does not work.
Being right as you were with KP for the wrong reasons does not make you better forecaster of what is to be. You don’t present well.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/5/2019  9:04 AM
nyk2017 wrote:My 2 cents...

Fiz has done a good job with the talent on this roster. Couple of things stick out for me:
1) the team does very well out of timeouts and almost always execute a good play (as long as they can in bounds the ball). That speaks volumes to a good X/O's coach. If they have the talent, then he would do well. This leads me to point number 2.
2) He is seen as a player's coach and is well liked by superstars. Don't get it wrong, this is a superstars league. If he can attract superstars with the cap space, we will see more success. I am encouraged by the fact that AD, Kyrie and KD all want to come to us despite our poor records. This speaks volumes.

1) Great points....He does design really good sets out of the timeout. Good observation.
2) Chuck Daly once said, "It's a players' league. They allow you to coach them or they don't,"...Fiz will be allowed to coach the superstars because he is respected and liked by them...

knicks1248
2/5/2019  9:20 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:IDK, losing 13 straight home games, that's happen once in over 60 yrs, and we are on pace to lose the most game this franchise has ever seen(since 1946)..and some of you want to sit there and state that the coach is not accountable, or the GM is not accountable, or is it the president..smh

We all read of the discord between KP and FO. Given his injury and bird rights it was highly illogical what happened. Since your similar it worked for you.

That does to make you credible to evaluate Fiz for the purpose of this conversation. Fiz came from Miami’s championship years. If you look at Memphis, perhaps Fiz was correct. Conley was out and He wanted Gasol to move his ass and shoot threes. He does now. They still suck. JH was moved. Because we wanted to move forward and GROW with youth. Fiz was the choice. You want to lop the past into the present. IT does not work.
Being right as you were with KP for the wrong reasons does not make you better forecaster of what is to be. You don’t present well.

this is why players love fiz

I’m loving it. It’s a lot of free play,” Smith said following his first practice with the Knicks on Monday. “Coach Fiz, he’s putting a lot of [trust] in me. That’s something he told me he was gonna do. That’s not saying to go out there, and I’m not gonna coach you. He’s gonna coach you hard, but at the same time he’s giving you the opportunity to play basketball. I couldn’t ask for a better position than that.”

that's why we look like we have no system, no chemistry, no assists 10 wins, and a ton of brain dead plays, because there's no structure..it's all YMCA

Not every young players is going to have a IQ of LBJ, Magic, Kobe, MJ..

Is he raising the IQ of the player like MDA has done for every PG he coached, or like POP does for every player he coached?

Whats does it mean when after 45+ games players make the exact same mistakes they did after 1st game?

ES
Nalod
USA
2/5/2019  10:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I’m loving it. It’s a lot of free play,” Smith said following his first practice with the Knicks on Monday. “Coach Fiz, he’s putting a lot of [trust] in me. That’s something he told me he was gonna do. That’s not saying to go out there, and I’m not gonna coach you. He’s gonna coach you hard, but at the same time he’s giving you the opportunity to play basketball. I couldn’t ask for a better position than that.”

that's why we look like we have no system, no chemistry, no assists 10 wins, and a ton of brain dead plays, because there's no structure..it's all YMCA

Is he raising the IQ of the player like MDA has done for every PG he coached, or like POP does for every player he coached?

Whats does it mean when after 45+ games players make the exact same mistakes they did after 1st game?

This team he is doing perhaps what he thinks is best to develop INDIVIDUAL talent with a roster in flux.
You pretend like most fans don't see the shyt show on the floor. WE do. 3 coaches in 4 years. Fix is the future. Rainman would see whats in front of him and extrapolate that into the future. We all know if knicks get a set roster they will work on chemistry and a system. If its true that coaches adapt to their team then this is what you see.
Remember, "DOn't Show a fool a job half done". There is more work to be done. Be smarter than that.

Uptown

2/5/2019  10:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2019  10:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Did you say MDA?!? Check out this quote from James Harden about the IQ Raiser:

@JHarden13 on Mike D'Antoni: "Playing for coach he gives not only myself, but this entire team a lot of freedom..All u have to do is go out there & play hard & do your job..He just lets u go out & play free. That's one of the things I love about him. He's a real player's coach."

knicks1248
2/5/2019  11:49 AM
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

@JHarden13 on Mike D'Antoni: "Playing for coach he gives not only myself, but this entire team a lot of freedom..All u have to do is go out there & play hard & do your job..He just lets u go out & play free. That's one of the things I love about him. He's a real player's coach."

yes there is no restrictions in MDA's SYSTEM which the entire league has adapted..But the KEY WORD is "SYSTEM"..No matter who is playing in that SYSTEM the ball moves, and the pg almost always has the ball and guys are discipline.

ES
knicks1248
2/5/2019  12:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

This team he is doing perhaps what he thinks is best to develop INDIVIDUAL talent with a roster in flux.
You pretend like most fans don't see the shyt show on the floor. WE do. 3 coaches in 4 years. Fix is the future. Rainman would see whats in front of him and extrapolate that into the future. We all know if knicks get a set roster they will work on chemistry and a system. If its true that coaches adapt to their team then this is what you see.
Remember, "DOn't Show a fool a job half done". There is more work to be done. Be smarter than that.

No one is really improving from a individual stand point, and definitely not a team stand...No team in the league has lost 13 straight home games in like forever.

Your basically acting like this normally nothing to be alarmed about..there's more to losing than just a overall lack of talent..

do you really need to fall off a bike 72 times before you figure out how to ride it..

The overall IQ level of the players we acquired over the last 2 seasons are well below average..why are we acquiring players like that?

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/5/2019  12:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No one is really improving from a individual stand point, and definitely not a team stand...No team in the league has lost 13 straight home games in like forever.

Your basically acting like this normally nothing to be alarmed about..there's more to losing than just a overall lack of talent..

do you really need to fall off a bike 72 times before you figure out how to ride it..

The overall IQ level of the players we acquired over the last 2 seasons are well below average ..why are we acquiring players like that

Disagree. Players acquired ran the gamut.

Uptown

2/5/2019  12:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

yes there is no restrictions in MDA's SYSTEM which the entire league has adapted..But the KEY WORD is "SYSTEM"..No matter who is playing in that SYSTEM the ball moves, and the pg almost always has the ball and guys are discipline.

Describe MDA's system.

Uptown

2/5/2019  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2019  12:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The overall IQ level of the players we acquired over the last 2 seasons are well below average..why are we acquiring players like that?

For 3 straight years, the Sixers under Brett Brown won 18 games, 19 games and 10 games! In your opinion, is Brett Brown a good coach? Why? Why Not?! Why did he only manage 10 wins? Brown fell off the bike 63 times his first year, 62 his second and he still didn't learn because he fell 72 times his 3rd year! There's more to losing than just talent so why was he losing so much and why is he winning now?

Nalod
USA
2/5/2019  1:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2019  1:48 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Alarmed?
A fool looking at a job half done is alarmed.
Rainman in a panic attack. He flips out on the smallest thing.
Nalod lays back and looks at the big picture. Chill. Do you know what I see? "OPPORTUNITY".
Can't expect you to understand what you can't see. I offer no guarantee of anything. I saw MIlls tear it down to the studs and open it all up. You want to lament on the past, you go on. Blame, mistakes are all for hindsight starphuchers to lament in. You see Hardaways bad contract, I saw a player breaking out. What happened? lets see how he does next year on a decent team. Do you learn from mistakes and gain from experience? If not, then you see Mills as not able to grow and be better at his job. Rainman goes round and round. Nalod makes mistakes. I learn. I grow. I try to block it out and move forward.
Alarmed? Its phuching basketball. Im finding this team enormously entertaining OFF THE COURT.
You saw 54 win woodson team as good, I saw 5 guys retiring and Bargs coming on board. You saw Chris SMith getting paid? Shyt, the problem was not him, it was that we were bowing down to JR Smith to begin with. Why? Talent depletion at the time. The Melt down in the playoffs that year was predicable. JR partying at disco, and Melo was exhausted by seasons end. It was a fun season but nothing to build on. WE win 39 the next year and you see Mills and Jax as the problem. The problem was there all along.
If we succeed and sign players, draft Zion and are top 4 talent you should leave here.
If the shyt show continues, Maybe I should. But I won't. I'll keep pushing it out another of hope!

Nalod don't care if he right or wrong. Simple, team that scores more wins games. Lost the battle and win the war. Im not going to say I enjoy all these lost battles at all. But if your not having fun at all this then why do it?

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

2/5/2019  2:11 PM
Chandler wrote:Judging on this year, the answer is no. The team is very selfish, truly bad on passing. When this was brought up to him he had some lame excuse that assists were down because guys weren't hitting shots, but in reality all passing stats are horrible.

His defense is worse than Horny's despite having Dot, Mitch, Frank, Vonleh and young legs in general

I don't mind the losses; it's the way we're playing which troubles me.

Maybe talent and experience will fix all of this, but i won't make that bet

Before the last game, we had Hardaway, Burke, Trier, Knox. Dotson, Frank, Lance, Kornet, Mudiay and Vonleh. This is the modern day "Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight." The worst group of chuckers to grace the floor of MSG. Let's call this season a wash. Lot's of upheaval, little progress. The hard work of team building begins when we have a team.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/5/2019  2:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

How many assists were registered in the 60+ pts that Harden scored at MSG?
You love stats...go look it up.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/5/2019  3:39 PM
THe irony is MDA was about ball movement when Carmelo was here and now has Harden and ball movement be damned.

Fiz has the mext 2 years to prove himself. He will have talent starting next year. Can they improve enough to challenge for EC and then the League the next year. That will show what he is as a coach.

Riley proved it 3 times.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/5/2019  4:46 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:THe irony is MDA was about ball movement when Carmelo was here and now has Harden and ball movement be damned.

Fiz has the mext 2 years to prove himself. He will have talent starting next year. Can they improve enough to challenge for EC and then the League the next year. That will show what he is as a coach.

Riley proved it 3 times.

Harden is still a threat for pass. Unlike Melo. With CP3 the ball is going to be moved.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/5/2019  10:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I will start to judge Fizz next season. He was ordered to tank for Zion this season. He is taking the hit on his record and having everyone question him in order to follow through.

This guy gets it

In other words...loyal soledado

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2019  10:14 PM
I was ready for Tim to leave but he loved being a Knick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/6/2019  11:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I was ready for Tim to leave but he loved being a Knick.

I have mixed feelings, and kind of feel bad for him for the reason you state

He was not hired, or meant, to be lead dog. He can be a solid, to very good complement to a number 1 and 2 (i.e., if you forget about him he can hurt you). He also competed hard

I also think the team should have played him at 2 where he could drive more and get to the line, and likewise feel playing frank at 2 or even 3 is a mistake as it mitigates perhaps his biggest strength -- his length on D at the point!

Wishing him the best (except when they play us)

(5)(5)
Is FIZ the answer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy