[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is FIZ the answer
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
2/4/2019  8:56 AM
I am not sure. The players like him but so far his results are pretty awful. Same problems game after game...you would think he could fix the 3rd qtr issues. BUt he has not.

NExt year will tell.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/4/2019  9:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  9:15 AM
The signs of an inept coach are there. I know this was a throw away yr, but absolutely nothing has been establish

How do you know who fits your system if you don't know wtf the system is.

Never solidifying any kind of rotation whatsoever.

Never establishing a single role for rookies or vets.

Everyone looks suspect on defense..

No real chemistry for more than a few possessions.

90% of the roster is out to get theirs.

He hasn't raise the IQ of anyone.

He's a smart dude and knows the game well, pays a lot of attn to details. Communication, optimistic, encouraging..

He just doesn't know how to teach it,

If someone asked you, WHAT KIND OF HEAD COACH IS FIZ? A REALLY GOOD ONE, is not going to be your answer

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/4/2019  9:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:The signs of an inept coach are there. I know this was a throw away yr, but absolutely nothing has been establish

How do you know who fits your system if you don't know wtf the system is.

Never solidifying any kind of rotation whatsoever.

Never establishing a single role for rookies or vets.

Everyone looks suspect on defense..

No real chemistry for more than a few possessions.

90% of the roster is out to get theirs.

He hasn't raise the IQ of anyone.

He's a smart dude and knows the game well, pays a lot of attn to details. Communication, optimistic, encouraging..

He just doesn't know how to teach it,

If someone asked you, WHAT KIND OF HEAD COACH IS FIZ? A REALLY GOOD ONE, is not going to be your answer

I understand this season is now about the draft. Dont believe it means you cant do some culture building at the same time. That means a heck of a lot more ball movement, more emphasis on defensive lapses.

Seems to be too much tunnel vision from the coaching staff about tanking. Agree with those who say the real test of Fizdale's tenure begins next season.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/4/2019  9:25 AM
frenchy00 wrote:Wow. For the ppl knocking Fiz...seriuosly? Are you forgetting the past few years where every game knicks would go down by 30? And this pattern was across multiple coaching regimes. This year the knicks have played competitive ball games. Even though the losses are piling up most games are exciting and competitive. No more laughers.

Look- we are what our record says it is - but I can't believe I'm in the minority here to say - we've been competitive in most of our games - the players have given effort. They lack talent, and I see a squad that had we had KP at the start of the season, we'd be fighting for a play off spot.

Next year, if they add 2 max type talents, I see them being competitive. I like the passion Fiz has for the game. He's gotten guys to play, fight hard.

Now at this stage, it's taken a toll on players psyches, so I think understandable that some players have given up.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/4/2019  9:41 AM
Judging on this year, the answer is no. The team is very selfish, truly bad on passing. When this was brought up to him he had some lame excuse that assists were down because guys weren't hitting shots, but in reality all passing stats are horrible.

His defense is worse than Horny's despite having Dot, Mitch, Frank, Vonleh and young legs in general

I don't mind the losses; it's the way we're playing which troubles me.

Maybe talent and experience will fix all of this, but i won't make that bet

(5)(5)
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/4/2019  9:49 AM
frenchy00 wrote:Wow. For the ppl knocking Fiz...seriuosly? Are you forgetting the past few years where every game knicks would go down by 30? And this pattern was across multiple coaching regimes. This year the knicks have played competitive ball games. Even though the losses are piling up most games are exciting and competitive. No more laughers.

And lets not forget that if Perry/Mills/Fiz really are trying to tank then Fiz would have to make odd decisions in games that won't make him look good.

newyorker4ever

2/4/2019  9:49 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Nope
Hornaceck was a better coach by miles

Hahahahaha......

newyorker4ever

2/4/2019  9:51 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:I will start to judge Fizz next season. He was ordered to tank for Zion this season. He is taking the hit on his record and having everyone question him in order to follow through.

This guy gets it

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/4/2019  10:01 AM
can't really answer the question yet. All the stars apparently love Fiz. So if he can help us get KD and Kyrie than yes you can build a statue of him outside of MSG. If that doesn't happen I haven't seen Fiz do anything I like. We play "positionless" which generally means we get owned on defense and can't move the ball at all on offense. Right now he makes Horny look like a basketball savant
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/4/2019  10:14 AM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:His lack of system bothers me. He also hasn't made defense a priority or build a defensive identity like he talked about. Neither of those are results of lack of talent. He encourages the style of play I can't bear to watch - run up the court as fast as possible and shoot. He also hasn't made any of our young players better. Frank has regressed, Dotson is about the same but not getting minutes he deserves, Trier and Mitch are playing well, but have a long way to go. I am not sure what Fiz had actually pulled off that makes him a good coach. He was perfect for the tank. But I don't see key FAs signing here because of him. If they sign here it will be for the money

Mudiay and Vonleh are playing the best ball of their career's this year...

Vonleh is playing well, so he developed one player to play the right way. Big whoopdedo.

I am not going to discuss Mudiay anymore, I think I have been sufficiently clear about him. He will never be a starting point guard on a winning team. Apparently the FO you love doesn't agree with you. Because you think he is a top prospect(lottery pick) playing the best ball of his life. And they just went and traded for essentially the same player in Dennis Smith Jr and gave up the best two way player we have had in years, for him. Unless they envision a back court starting TWO no defense scrubs, its hard to see Muduay sticking around. But this IS the Knicks. We gave up good players to start Marbs and Franchise together, anything is possible. Don't lose hope.

Never said anything about him being a top prospect...and regardless of whether he is a future starter in this league or not or whether he can still improve defensively, the fact remains that he having his best season under Fiz.

The FO brought in Mudiay because they weren't sold on Frank and neither of them has proven they can be a starting pg on winning team as of yet....Smith is another young pg prospect for the Knicks to take a look at. The FO said they had multiple deals they were looking at for KP, so I dont think the Knicks were specifically targeting Smith for KP. They wanted a young prospect in return as well as 1st round picks and the ability to unload contracts. Smith just happened to be the young prospect available....

What a good FO should have done is committed a couple of years to developing Frank instead of creating this stupid three way logjam with Mudiay and Burke. They should have gotten a veteran PG to mentor Frank instead they chose to create again more confidence issues for a guy already struggling with it. Now we have wasted a whole year and proved nothing. Frank is still more valuable than the scrubs because he does something well. Unfortunately for him the FO and the majority of the fans don't value what he does.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/4/2019  10:14 AM
franco12 wrote:

Look- we are what our record says it is - but I can't believe I'm in the minority here to say - we've been competitive in most of our games - the players have given effort. They lack talent, and I see a squad that had we had KP at the start of the season, we'd be fighting for a play off spot.

Next year, if they add 2 max type talents, I see them being competitive. I like the passion Fiz has for the game. He's gotten guys to play, fight hard.

Now at this stage, it's taken a toll on players psyches, so I think understandable that some players have given up.

I think the one positive that can be taken is that the team usually fights hard every night. There have only been a few games where they just did not show up. Last year they won more games but showed up less frequently.

Fiz gets credit for that.

If the vets like him than that is good. I hope he can attract the right players to come.

I am all in for Kawhii. He is the first max FA needed, imo. Of course, he has to want to be in NYC. I am not sure he does.

meloshouldgo

2/4/2019  10:16 AM
Chandler wrote:Judging on this year, the answer is no. The team is very selfish, truly bad on passing. When this was brought up to him he had some lame excuse that assists were down because guys weren't hitting shots, but in reality all passing stats are horrible.

His defense is worse than Horny's despite having Dot, Mitch, Frank, Vonleh and young legs in general

I don't mind the losses; it's the way we're playing which troubles me.

Maybe talent and experience will fix all of this, but i won't make that bet

Exactly right

knicks1248
2/4/2019  10:27 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:can't really answer the question yet. All the stars apparently love Fiz. So if he can help us get KD and Kyrie than yes you can build a statue of him outside of MSG. If that doesn't happen I haven't seen Fiz do anything I like. We play "positionless" which generally means we get owned on defense and can't move the ball at all on offense. Right now he makes Horny look like a basketball savant

I know and that's crazy.

We gave JH the same benefit because he was handcuff by the triangle in his 1st season, and we were playing for lottery balls by January, but he ended up proven to be just as clueless on with his his own system the following season, and like this season, no one seem to be getting better, or consistent.

You can have all the talent in the world, but with no system, organization, roles identify, chemistry, your pretty much TOAST..

ES
meloshouldgo

2/4/2019  11:04 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I think the one positive that can be taken is that the team usually fights hard every night. There have only been a few games where they just did not show up. Last year they won more games but showed up less frequently.

Fiz gets credit for that.

If the vets like him than that is good. I hope he can attract the right players to come.

I am all in for Kawhii. He is the first max FA needed, imo. Of course, he has to want to be in NYC. I am not sure he does.

Do you think the fighting hard would continue past the contract year for most starters and noobs with something to prove?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/4/2019  2:44 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:can't really answer the question yet. All the stars apparently love Fiz. So if he can help us get KD and Kyrie than yes you can build a statue of him outside of MSG. If that doesn't happen I haven't seen Fiz do anything I like. We play "positionless" which generally means we get owned on defense and can't move the ball at all on offense. Right now he makes Horny look like a basketball savant

The basketball savant had KP for 48 games and for a month was playing at superstar level!!! Who the hell has Fiz had on this roster that was remotely close to KP

knicks1248
2/4/2019  2:55 PM
Uptown wrote:

The basketball savant had KP for 48 games and for a month was playing at superstar level!!! Who the hell has Fiz had on this roster that was remotely close to KP

So basically, the roster is beyond bad if the coach and his staff gets a complete pass.

Which also means JH was really a good coach(since 75% of roster was from last season) with absolutely trash players. So basically we fired him because phil hired him, just like phil fired woodson because he didnt hire him.

When MDA was in the same position as JH and fizdale, he still had those misfits playing in a system, and 3rd in the league in scoring, and our best player was AL HARRINGTON

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/4/2019  3:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

So basically, the roster is beyond bad if the coach and his staff gets a complete pass.

Which also means JH was really a good coach(since 75% of roster was from last season) with absolutely trash players. So basically we fired him because phil hired him, just like phil fired woodson because he didnt hire him.

When MDA was in the same position as JH and fizdale, he still had those misfits playing in a system, and 3rd in the league in scoring, and our best player was AL HARRINGTON

what was the records of both coaches without KP?

I find your black and white takes with blanket overrides kinda short-sighted. And that's a nice way of saying kinda dumb

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
2/4/2019  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  4:50 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I find your black and white takes with blanket overrides kinda short-sighted. And that's a nice way of saying kinda dumb

What I'm trying to get at "Mr know it all"

We hired 2 coaches that had very little experience, losing records (prior to coming here), were both fired from their previous head coaching jobs for there inept ability to move the needle...Are these not red flags..

If these were coaches that a good amount of success in the past, then you can put it all on the roster

Your the same person that said I was dumb for saying phils days were# JH days were numbered, woodson days were numbered. Fiz is not a good head coach and you know it..

so you need to wake up and pay attn to details, read between the lines of these comments coming out of the FO..

Had you listen carefully to PERRYs coments in the beginning of the season, you would have known sht wasn't right between KP and the FO.

Especially when he told the reporter to go ask KP how he feels..THAT WAS THE BIGGEST RAD FLAG FOR ME

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/4/2019  9:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  9:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

We hired 2 coaches that had very little experience, losing records (prior to coming here), were both fired from their previous head coaching jobs for there inept ability to move the needle...Are these not red flags..

If these were coaches that a good amount of success in the past, then you can put it all on the roster

Your the same person that said I was dumb for saying phils days were# JH days were numbered, woodson days were numbered. Fiz is not a good head coach and you know it..

so you need to wake up and pay attn to details, read between the lines of these comments coming out of the FO..

Had you listen carefully to PERRYs coments in the beginning of the season, you would have known sht wasn't right between KP and the FO.

Especially when he told the reporter to go ask KP how he feels..THAT WAS THE BIGGEST RAD FLAG FOR ME

Here's the difference, the agenda for JH and the other coaches you mentioned were to "move the needle" and get W's....The agenda for Fiz is "avoid the needle" and preserve the tank....Anybody with sense knows what this season is about...Reserve judgement on Fiz until he gets some legit NBA talent with experience on this team.

I'm pretty sure if you were a Sixer fan, you would have been calling for Brett Browns firing while they were tanking the year he won 10 games for the whole season!! In KP's voice, "Stay Woke!"

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/4/2019  9:51 PM
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Here's the difference, the agenda for JH and the other coaches you mentioned were to "move the needle" and get W's....The agenda for Fiz is "avoid the needle" and preserve the tank....Anybody with sense knows what this season is about...Reserve judgement on Fiz until he gets some legit NBA talent with experience on this team.

I'm pretty sure if you were a Sixer fan, you would have been calling for Brett Browns firing while they were tanking the year he won 10 games for the whole season!! In KP's voice, "Stay Woke!"

Or Kenny Atkinson who was 20-62 and 28-54 his first 2 seasons as the Nets strictly ate salaries for assets and prospects.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Is FIZ the answer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy