[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is FIZ the answer
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/3/2019  4:12 PM
I like FIZ, but no matter who is on the floor it's the same results..It is complete freestyle, with maybe a handful of curl plays and some basic PnR (which hardly anyone executes properly)

He's suppose to be the biggest mouth piece to attract FA, but do you see this mess of a system.

What is our style, what is our system

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/3/2019  4:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2019  4:23 PM
We we will see. In fairness to fiz this year was tough from the jump. We were missing KP since last year and having a lot of young players makes it tough because they are going through growing pains. I’m not saying Fizdale hasn’t made mistakes but I’m willing to see how he does next year after we hopefully have a big offseason and draft
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/3/2019  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2019  4:46 PM
Do you watch other games? If you do, you realize most teams run a lot of the same stuff....Lots of Read N React, 4 out 1 in, space the floor for a high PNR or a drive and kick for a 3...some dribble hand-offs or dribble-at and go back door...Most teams also set up their offense out of a Horns-set (2 bigs at the elbow and the wings set up wide in the corners).....The main offensive play these teams run is PNR because most teams switch allowing the offense to seek out the mismatches!!!!! If you watched the playoffs last year, its pretty much all the Rockets and Warriors did to each other...

The difference between the Knicks running a Read n React Offense vs a team like OKC running it is the difference in talent and experience....Most times when the offense stalls, elite teams can give the ball to their best players when the shot-clock is running down and a player like Paul George will make a play...A player like Kyrie will make a play...Harden will make a play...Lillard will make a play...Theses teams ain't running exotic offenses but they have multiple playmakers that can make plays. We do not have any playmakers right now....

Look at the Griz this afternoon...When they needed a basket, they dumped it to Gasol and he made plays...Nothing exotic about that! They ran Holiday off some double drag screens to pen him up for a couple of 3's but its the same play the Knicks used to run for Hardaway...Conley ran some PNR's, got a mismatch, drove to the basket and hit the floater....Playmakers make Plays. We are void of playmakers!

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/3/2019  6:07 PM
He is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. The fans at the Garden chanting for Kanter isn't helping. Knick fans want to win but no one is coming here with this crap going on
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/3/2019  6:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2019  6:43 PM
He hasn't had a solid starting unit, 2nd unit or rotation at all this year cause he's trying so many different things seeing who can play with who so there's absolutely no way any of us can say what he can do until we see him do it with a set starting 5 that has gotten in many games playing together and a set 2nd unit and rotation. I know many love to think they can go off of what you've seen this year but to keep it very simple.......you can't.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/3/2019  9:44 PM
His lack of system bothers me. He also hasn't made defense a priority or build a defensive identity like he talked about. Neither of those are results of lack of talent. He encourages the style of play I can't bear to watch - run up the court as fast as possible and shoot. He also hasn't made any of our young players better. Frank has regressed, Dotson is about the same but not getting minutes he deserves, Trier and Mitch are playing well, but have a long way to go. I am not sure what Fiz had actually pulled off that makes him a good coach. He was perfect for the tank. But I don't see key FAs signing here because of him. If they sign here it will be for the money
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/3/2019  10:52 PM
Fizz is atrocious. He is not coaching material.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/3/2019  10:55 PM
I have no opinion on Fiz as an in-game coach.
Because I never sow any games yet.
I saw a bunch of practices and audition in real time with no goal to win or create any chemistry between players who will be gone.
I do not think this will be any different until next season begins.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/3/2019  11:02 PM
I find it very hard to evaluate him. I thought we started off pretty good, winning some games and being very competetive in most of them even with inferior talent. Our lead scorer was a guy who didn't play D, takes wild shots and is an inefficient & inconsistent scorer. And that was our best player.
Uptown

2/3/2019  11:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:His lack of system bothers me. He also hasn't made defense a priority or build a defensive identity like he talked about. Neither of those are results of lack of talent. He encourages the style of play I can't bear to watch - run up the court as fast as possible and shoot. He also hasn't made any of our young players better. Frank has regressed, Dotson is about the same but not getting minutes he deserves, Trier and Mitch are playing well, but have a long way to go. I am not sure what Fiz had actually pulled off that makes him a good coach. He was perfect for the tank. But I don't see key FAs signing here because of him. If they sign here it will be for the money

Mudiay and Vonleh are playing the best ball of their career's this year...

JesseDark
Member: #467
2/3/2019  11:31 PM
I suspect the lack of a system was part of KP's discontent. This year is gimme, but next year has to have a better system. Right now it's like watching a rec league, whoever gets the rebound turn and go. No matter who comes as a free agent I can't see him lasting too long without a system.
Bring back dee-fense
frenchy00
Member: #7514

2/4/2019  1:01 AM
Wow. For the ppl knocking Fiz...seriuosly? Are you forgetting the past few years where every game knicks would go down by 30? And this pattern was across multiple coaching regimes. This year the knicks have played competitive ball games. Even though the losses are piling up most games are exciting and competitive. No more laughers.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/4/2019  6:32 AM
Nope
Hornaceck was a better coach by miles
frenchy00

2/4/2019  6:37 AM
Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Alot of games were blowouts...reminded of the Larry Brown era.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/4/2019  6:53 AM
Uptown wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:His lack of system bothers me. He also hasn't made defense a priority or build a defensive identity like he talked about. Neither of those are results of lack of talent. He encourages the style of play I can't bear to watch - run up the court as fast as possible and shoot. He also hasn't made any of our young players better. Frank has regressed, Dotson is about the same but not getting minutes he deserves, Trier and Mitch are playing well, but have a long way to go. I am not sure what Fiz had actually pulled off that makes him a good coach. He was perfect for the tank. But I don't see key FAs signing here because of him. If they sign here it will be for the money

Vonleh is playing well, so he developed one player to play the right way. Big whoopdedo.

I am not going to discuss Mudiay anymore, I think I have been sufficiently clear about him. He will never be a starting point guard on a winning team. Apparently the FO you love doesn't agree with you. Because you think he is a top prospect(lottery pick) playing the best ball of his life. And they just went and traded for essentially the same player in Dennis Smith Jr and gave up the best two way player we have had in years, for him. Unless they envision a back court starting TWO no defense scrubs, its hard to see Muduay sticking around. But this IS the Knicks. We gave up good players to start Marbs and Franchise together, anything is possible. Don't lose hope.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
frenchy00

2/4/2019  7:16 AM
Sorry..who"s the best two way player in "years" we gave up?
Uptown

2/4/2019  7:42 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Vonleh is playing well, so he developed one player to play the right way. Big whoopdedo.

I am not going to discuss Mudiay anymore, I think I have been sufficiently clear about him. He will never be a starting point guard on a winning team. Apparently the FO you love doesn't agree with you. Because you think he is a top prospect(lottery pick) playing the best ball of his life. And they just went and traded for essentially the same player in Dennis Smith Jr and gave up the best two way player we have had in years, for him. Unless they envision a back court starting TWO no defense scrubs, its hard to see Muduay sticking around. But this IS the Knicks. We gave up good players to start Marbs and Franchise together, anything is possible. Don't lose hope.

Never said anything about him being a top prospect...and regardless of whether he is a future starter in this league or not or whether he can still improve defensively, the fact remains that he having his best season under Fiz.

The FO brought in Mudiay because they weren't sold on Frank and neither of them has proven they can be a starting pg on winning team as of yet....Smith is another young pg prospect for the Knicks to take a look at. The FO said they had multiple deals they were looking at for KP, so I dont think the Knicks were specifically targeting Smith for KP. They wanted a young prospect in return as well as 1st round picks and the ability to unload contracts. Smith just happened to be the young prospect available....

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2019  7:49 AM
IS Fiz the answer?
Depends on the question. Last years team had started with Allstar KP and Veteran presence Jack starting.
Team construction was vastly different. The agenda decided this year with another coach do better?
10 wins is so easy to say another could do better. I think Fiz could have done better. WIns were not the priority this year.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/4/2019  7:57 AM
I will start to judge Fizz next season. He was ordered to tank for Zion this season. He is taking the hit on his record and having everyone question him in order to follow through.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
2/4/2019  8:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2019  8:36 AM
i had to laugh real hard after yesterday's game when he said the new guys didn't have any practice and "don't know any of our stuff"

what stuff?

we got no stuff.

pnr iso ad hoc loserball

good point about the team not quitting though... we've seen massive massive massive blowout losses on the regular for 20 years and that hasn't beeen the case this year

Is FIZ the answer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy