CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I agree. Also not having to deal with Janis or fear of KP's next major injury after giving KP a monster contract is a good thing

At 7’3, with a slight frame, unless Porzingis changes his lower body dramatically, his long term health is anyone’s guess. KP is physically closer to Shawn Bradley than Shaq. Landing in the paint is problematic on damaged wheels.

Didn't Phil say the exact same thing???? Facts

Phil had been so bad at his job that what he said did not matter. I am happy with the trade but the problems in the relationship with KP go back to when Phil was running things.

It goes only back to when KP skipped exit interview. KP is disrespectful guy.

Agreed. Hell even Melo had the professionalism to meet with Phil despite their feud. Im not trying to defend Phil but blaming this KP thing totally on him is silly. KP and Janis turned out to be extreme pain in the asses

Not a fan of KP but guys wouldn’t even workout for the Knicks prior to the draft because Phil was so bad at his job.
Again im not denying he was bad BUT you make it seem like he is totally to blame which isnt fair and honestly this situation has kinda proven Phil's point about KP

My intent is to push back on guys saying Phil was right about KP. Phil created a bad situation and KP skipped an exit interview. Phil did not help the situation. Someone reacting at the time to the dysfunction he created doesn't make him right now.
There is no need to push back. Nobody ie saying Phil did a great job. However a lot of things he was saying about KP didnt turn out to be far off at all. Doesnt mean anybody is praising Phil. Phil deserves some blame for sure but I just think its kinda ridiculous to say this 100 percent on him. KP had a fresh start with a new regime. Unfortunately he got hurt but better days were ahead. But once again Janis got in his ear and here we go again. Gotta be fair cant just blame a guy who left almost 2 years ago. Dolan is the biggest problem honestly or at least he was for many years
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
2/2/2019  1:08 PM
A few thoughts here:
* THJr's departure means more ball and more shots for everyone... and an opportunity for more system. That's probably good. At the same time...

* DSJr seems to have a bit of Steve Francis/Allen Iverson to his game at this stage of his career - overwhelm opponents with sheer athleticism and explosion. He'd be a good student for Fizdale in the short term to expand his game. For what it's worth, I think we've upgraded our PG situation in the event that the free agent market (KYRIE) is not kind to us. IMHO for all the strides Mudiay has made this year, I think DSJr is already more advanced with higher upside(not sure what that says about Mudiay's game) at a younger age with less pro experience. All that means is he's likely our starting PG - unless he wins us too many games.

* Kornet is a bit of a poor man's KP or perhaps more accurately, a more traditional big man version of KP. He does a lot of the same things that KP does well, just with less athleticism. He has good hands, can dunk, finish, shoot from the perimeter, block shots. But he doesn't put the ball on the floor too much on the perimeter and play the SF game - the thing that makes KP unique but also an injury risk. I think he can evolve into a solid 15-20mpg center in the NBA. I would note that a few years back, KP looked like a far superior prospect vs those other Euro centers drafted around the same time (Jokic and Nurkic). Jokic (in spite of his soft body) has turned into a superstar (31.4mpg: 20.4ppg, 10.4rpg, 7.7apg, 51%FG, 27.7 PER) and Nurkic is putting together legit big man numbers (27.4mpg: 15.2ppg, 10.4rpg, 3.2apg, 1.6bpg, 50%FG, 23.3 PER).

* About KP: Well here were the big flags on KP:
1) He misses a LOT of games. Scouts were worried about his thin frame holding up. Well, they were right. He has missed a LOT of games as a pro. If Cuban's comments are right and he doesn't play at all this year, in 4 seasons he'll have played in 186 games and will have missed 152. And we of course don't really know if he'll be the same player after this ACL injury. We've seen an established all-star player like Hayward struggling to regain his form a year and a half after his horrific ankle injury.

2) He hasn't established himself as a passer. Like at all. To this point, he's among the worst black holes in the game. Of his modern young big man peers, he's among the worst. Here's how he compares er 36 minutes to some notable black holes: KP 1.5; Eddy Curry: 0.8; Deandre Jordan: 1.0; Tyson Chandler: 1.1; Chris Gatling: 1.2; Amare Stoudemire: 1.4; Dwight Howard: 1.5; Zach Randolph: 2.1. Dirk Nowitzki comes in a touch higher at 2.4. Carmelo: 3.0.
Typically the worst ones on this list are centers who only touch the ball on layups/dunks/putbacks. But KP fancies himself as a SF and handles the ball a lot. He needs to grow as a playmaker. A lot. Like 50% growth to get to Dirk level.

3) The last 2 times we had this much cap flexibility: when we signed Childs, Houston, and traded for LJ... and when we picked up Amare. I think we have some really nice young role players. If we can get Kyrie and KD... and a few veteran fillers on this roster, we'd be instant contenders. Some ifs. I'd just be wary of the Knicks caving in and getting 2nd rate free agents. I don't want to see us handing Harris or Middleton a max deal just cuz. I'm already twitchy thinking about whether Kemba Walker and D'Angelo Russell might be deserving. The key pickup would be KD. He's the game changer.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/2/2019  1:23 PM
technomaster wrote:
2) He hasn't established himself as a passer. Like at all. To this point, he's among the worst black holes in the game. Of his modern young big man peers, he's among the worst. Here's how he compares er 36 minutes to some notable black holes: KP 1.5; Eddy Curry: 0.8; Deandre Jordan: 1.0; Tyson Chandler: 1.1; Chris Gatling: 1.2; Amare Stoudemire: 1.4; Dwight Howard: 1.5; Zach Randolph: 2.1. Dirk Nowitzki comes in a touch higher at 2.4. Carmelo: 3.0.
Typically the worst ones on this list are centers who only touch the ball on layups/dunks/putbacks. But KP fancies himself as a SF and handles the ball a lot. He needs to grow as a playmaker. A lot. Like 50% growth to get to Dirk level.

This is what worried me about him too. Great big men who won championships - Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson, Duncan - were all effective and willing passers out of the post. Other great big men who were less willing passers, like Ewing, missed the boat.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/2/2019  2:03 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I agree. Also not having to deal with Janis or fear of KP's next major injury after giving KP a monster contract is a good thing

At 7’3, with a slight frame, unless Porzingis changes his lower body dramatically, his long term health is anyone’s guess. KP is physically closer to Shawn Bradley than Shaq. Landing in the paint is problematic on damaged wheels.

He's the one who ****ing drafted KP!

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/2/2019  2:08 PM
misterearl wrote:Top Five Things Nobody Is Talking About

1.Addition By Subtraction (nobody is talking Tim Hardaway Jr) the shot distribution changes. Dennis Smith jR can play.

2.Luke Kornet gets a closer look. Is his skill set that much different from Porzingis?

3.Trier is a rookie. he has a sense of the angles and would be money shooting mid range jumpers off screens

4.Did i mention that Kevin Knox is only 19 years old?

5.when was the last time the Knicks owned multiple premium draft assets and cap space?

1. Yes, it's a good thing that Hardaway is gone. That was a terrible contract for a terrible player. Steve Mills, our current President, is who gave him that contract.

2. I like Kornet but he's definitely different from KP

3. Trier is fine

4. He's also terrible. If the only thing we can say in his favor is that he's 19 that's not a good thing

5. Never, thanks Dolan!

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/2/2019  2:55 PM
This is crazy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/2/2019  3:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:This is crazy.
If this happens a lot of people will eat crow. Many execs have said the feel Perry will land KD which means kyrie is pretty much a given. Zion will require more luck obviously with the new lottery rules but as long as we remain in the top 3 I will be happy
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2019  5:07 PM
Panos wrote:
misterearl wrote:Top Five Things Nobody Is Talking About

1.Addition By Subtraction (nobody is talking Tim Hardaway Jr) the shot distribution changes. Dennis Smith jR can play.

2.Luke Kornet gets a closer look. Is his skill set that much different from Porzingis?

3.Trier is a rookie. he has a sense of the angles and would be money shooting mid range jumpers off screens

4.Did i mention that Kevin Knox is only 19 years old?

5.when was the last time the Knicks owned multiple premium draft assets and cap space?

Let me help you with number 2. The correct answer is: YES

Does anyone know if Lance's cap hit is limited to only the $1M he is guaranteed next year if released?

Ha everyone but you. Confirmed, just $1m against cap after released. This has been baked into the $70+m estimate everyone predicting for Knicks this offseason.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/2/2019  11:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Honestly Phil turned out to be right about some things. Obviously he still made some bad moves like noah and the derrick rose trade but he was right about KP. In retrospect we probably should of traded him in 2017 and got a kings ransom

Somewhere in a ranch in Montana, Phil Jackson is rolling on the floor laughing his ass off.

And cashing MSG checks

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/2/2019  11:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Agree his frame makes the likelihood of more injuries very high. He also gets tired quite often because he doesnt have that strength despite the tall frame. I wanted him here because of the potential but there were way too many red flags in terms of health and personality

THIS!!!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/3/2019  12:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Phil had been so bad at his job that what he said did not matter. I am happy with the trade but the problems in the relationship with KP go back to when Phil was running things.

It goes only back to when KP skipped exit interview. KP is disrespectful guy.

Agreed. Hell even Melo had the professionalism to meet with Phil despite their feud. Im not trying to defend Phil but blaming this KP thing totally on him is silly. KP and Janis turned out to be extreme pain in the asses

Not a fan of KP but guys wouldn’t even workout for the Knicks prior to the draft because Phil was so bad at his job.
Again im not denying he was bad BUT you make it seem like he is totally to blame which isnt fair and honestly this situation has kinda proven Phil's point about KP

My intent is to push back on guys saying Phil was right about KP. Phil created a bad situation and KP skipped an exit interview. Phil did not help the situation. Someone reacting at the time to the dysfunction he created doesn't make him right now.

Phil criticizing his players in the media was stupid in terms of trade value and stupid in terms of team morale. Very petty & childish, I felt like this was what KP was responding to. Regardless of how u feel about Melo, Phil Jax handled the situation horrifically.
Top Five

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy