Top Five
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
2/2/2019  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2019  11:15 AM
Top Five Things Nobody Is Talking About

1.Addition By Subtraction (nobody is talking Tim Hardaway Jr) the shot distribution changes. Dennis Smith jR can play.

2.Luke Kornet gets a closer look. Is his skill set that much different from Porzingis?

3.Trier is a rookie. he has a sense of the angles and would be money shooting mid range jumpers off screens

4.Did i mention that Kevin Knox is only 19 years old?

5.when was the last time the Knicks owned multiple premium draft assets and cap space?

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/2/2019  10:32 AM
I agree. Also not having to deal with Janis or fear of KP's next major injury after giving KP a monster contract is a good thing
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/2/2019  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2019  10:45 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I agree. Also not having to deal with Janis or fear of KP's next major injury after giving KP a monster contract is a good thing

At 7’3, with a slight frame, unless Porzingis changes his lower body dramatically, his long term health is anyone’s guess. KP is physically closer to Shawn Bradley than Shaq. Landing in the paint is problematic on damaged wheels.

once a knick always a knick
StarksEwing1

2/2/2019  10:57 AM
misterearl wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I agree. Also not having to deal with Janis or fear of KP's next major injury after giving KP a monster contract is a good thing

At 7’3, with a slight frame, unless Porzingis changes his lower body dramatically, his long term health is anyone’s guess. KP is physically closer to Shawn Bradley than Shaq. Landing in the paint is problematic on damaged wheels.

Agree his frame makes the likelihood of more injuries very high. He also gets tired quite often because he doesnt have that strength despite the tall frame. I wanted him here because of the potential but there were way too many red flags in terms of health and personality
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/2/2019  11:19 AM
misterearl wrote:

Didn't Phil say the exact same thing???? Facts

StarksEwing1

2/2/2019  11:23 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Honestly Phil turned out to be right about some things. Obviously he still made some bad moves like noah and the derrick rose trade but he was right about KP. In retrospect we probably should of traded him in 2017 and got a kings ransom
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/2/2019  11:30 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Honestly Phil turned out to be right about some things. Obviously he still made some bad moves like noah and the derrick rose trade but he was right about KP. In retrospect we probably should of traded him in 2017 and got a kings ransom

Somewhere in a ranch in Montana, Phil Jackson is rolling on the floor laughing his ass off.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1

2/2/2019  11:32 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Somewhere in a ranch in Montana, Phil Jackson is rolling on the floor laughing his ass off.

I blame Dolan most of all. I actually like Perry and feel he has made good moves. But Dolan has killed this team for over 15 years
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/2/2019  11:37 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Phil had been so bad at his job that what he said did not matter. I am happy with the trade but the problems in the relationship with KP go back to when Phil was running things.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/2/2019  11:38 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

He couldn’t have made that trade but he got his extension.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/2/2019  11:41 AM
misterearl wrote:Top Five Things Nobody Is Talking About

1.Addition By Subtraction (nobody is talking Tim Hardaway Jr) the shot distribution changes. Dennis Smith jR can play.

2.Luke Kornet gets a closer look. Is his skill set that much different from Porzingis?

3.Trier is a rookie. he has a sense of the angles and would be money shooting mid range jumpers off screens

5.when was the last time the Knicks owned multiple premium draft assets and cap space?

Let me help you with number 2. The correct answer is: YES

Does anyone know if Lance's cap hit is limited to only the $1M he is guaranteed next year if released?

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/2/2019  11:43 AM
phuck phil and the weak work habits, inflated ego, out-of-touch viewpoints and poor judgement he rode in on.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/2/2019  11:55 AM
misterearl wrote:Top Five Things Nobody Is Talking About

1. he sure can. anyone see the 15 assists he compiled in his triple double the other night in the garden? his court vision was excellent and passes found people in the right timing for their shot.

2. total apples and oranges but i like continuing to give luke looks as possible backup 5 going forward.

3. tell fiz to run some.

4. i wanna see kevin score a consistent efficient 17-20 by mixing in more movement to the rim into his game.

5. it’s nice that they do but doesn’t mean they’re not gonna screw it up.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/2/2019  11:55 AM
Marv wrote:phuck phil and the weak work habits, inflated ego, out-of-touch viewpoints and poor judgement he rode in on.

This....and according to reports, Phil was never serious about trading KP anyway...it was just another one of Phil's mind games..

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/2/2019  12:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Phil had been so bad at his job that what he said did not matter. I am happy with the trade but the problems in the relationship with KP go back to when Phil was running things.

It goes only back to when KP skipped exit interview. KP is disrespectful guy.

CrushAlot
USA
2/2/2019  12:19 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

i love the trade even more as time goes by. Why did KP skip the interview?
StarksEwing1

2/2/2019  12:22 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Agreed. Hell even Melo had the professionalism to meet with Phil despite their feud. Im not trying to defend Phil but blaming this KP thing totally on him is silly. KP and Janis turned out to be extreme pain in the asses
CrushAlot
USA
2/2/2019  12:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Agreed. Hell even Melo had the professionalism to meet with Phil despite their feud. Im not trying to defend Phil but blaming this KP thing totally on him is silly. KP and Janis turned out to be extreme pain in the asses

Not a fan of KP but guys wouldn’t even workout for the Knicks prior to the draft because Phil was so bad at his job.
StarksEwing1

2/2/2019  12:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Not a fan of KP but guys wouldn’t even workout for the Knicks prior to the draft because Phil was so bad at his job.
Again im not denying he was bad BUT you make it seem like he is totally to blame which isnt fair and honestly this situation has kinda proven Phil's point about KP
CrushAlot
USA
2/2/2019  12:41 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
misterearl wrote:

Again im not denying he was bad BUT you make it seem like he is totally to blame which isnt fair and honestly this situation has kinda proven Phil's point about KP

My intent is to push back on guys saying Phil was right about KP. Phil created a bad situation and KP skipped an exit interview. Phil did not help the situation. Someone reacting at the time to the dysfunction he created doesn't make him right now.
Top Five

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy