[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kanter is ticking me off
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

2/2/2019  11:19 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Yeah. For the record, he is actually correct for realizing there are issues here. With that said, he is acting like a 12 year old with this twitter stuff. He’s only making himself look bad even if he’s in the right with his issues.

It's a bad teammate decision, it's a functional contract decision.

Getting more playing time is his best chance to raise his value for a new contract out of NY in the offseason. Knicks aren't giving him the PT he needs to do this ( for good reason)

He's attempting to force the Knicks to cut him, since no team will trade for him and the Knicks won't keep him past this year.

On a new team, even a slight increase in playing time helps his new contract cause (relatively speaking, he still ****ing sucks)

This is strategic. Just like all his "love the Knicks" bull**** last year when some here demanded the Knicks sign him to an extension. ( Where are those choads now?)

Your contract situation is not improved in the NBA by being a good soldier. It's a massive flaw in the system. A hard cap and non guaranteed contracts would fix all this ( Knicks would have cut his ass, Kanter would get to pick a new team and operate at his real market value)

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/2/2019  11:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Wait till he can't play in the playoffs and then buy him out

Naw, come on. We need to do whats best for any player on our team. In his case just cut him, stirring the pot with all this drama. What a joke.

Yeah, there's no need to be petty. Of course, we need to do what's best for the team. But Enes isn't big, or small, enough for us to have any strong feelings for. He just doesn't get it. Three teams have called him out for bad defense and selfish play. You can say it's us. Fine. But what about Utah and OKC? I understand he is going through crap that's out of his control. But it seems he lacks a certain level of introspection.

wouldn't it be best for the team to stay on our current approach to dealing with disgrunted players? Melo wanted to be traded? Bam. KP no longer wants to be here ? alrighty then. same should apply to Kanter. We need to keep face and do the right thing from the players perspective. Its a part of changing the culture.

I want him gone asap. I'm just saying we need to keep personal feelings out of it. I would've wanted a asset back in a trade, but that's not happening. I think we should cut him so he can sit on another team's bench. I'm against doing vindictive crap. Let the man free to collect stats and destroy another team's defensive rotations.

dude we suck whether he plays or not,

you should be more concern that if we play deandre and start winning games, you can kiss that zion train goodbye..and I'm officially on the zion band waggon

Nah, those all defensive days from DeAndre weren't happening this season from what I hear. The tank will roll on. I know we suck regardless, and that's my point about Enes. He's not that guy and he needs to see that. It's like when Willy bitched about his role, only to do the same thing on another team's bench. Perry has shown that he's willing to play ball. Enes can chill and collect paychecks. Instead, he wants to be a clown on Twitter.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kanter is ticking me off

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy