[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dennis Smith Jr
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2019  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  11:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow..... you're telling me we've got a hall of famer in our hands lol Some of the numbers that are singled out are so stupid.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2019  11:59 PM
it doesn't make sense to look at either Kemba or Kyrie in FA this summer - we have a potential max type talent at the PG spot, thank you Dallas.

I know he has warts, so do Kemba and Kyrie- just their warts are age and money.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/9/2019  12:06 AM
franco12 wrote:it doesn't make sense to look at either Kemba or Kyrie in FA this summer - we have a potential max type talent at the PG spot, thank you Dallas.

Thanks for saying it. Thought I was over reacting. I know where I was when my phone blew up with DSjr's record setting vertical.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2019  12:16 AM
Maybe Carlisle was doing. Good job with him and he was getting ready. The kid can score, few doubted that.
We are a shytty team so its good to set him free and have some fun.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/9/2019  1:19 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

i am fine with the 30 points 8 assists 60% FG and 11 FTM. Hopefully there's even more and this is not a one week two week ceiling. This was a good performance but it got better as the game went on. First quarter was horrible.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

2/9/2019  1:32 AM
Just realized he missed 8 FTs, but 19 attempts is definitely encouraging! But how do you miss 8 FTs! This could have been a 40 point night for him

Frank needs to grow so much stronger.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
RonRon
Member: #246
2/9/2019  2:59 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Just realized he missed 8 FTs, but 19 attempts is definitely encouraging! But how do you miss 8 FTs! This could have been a 40 point night for him

confidence is the main missing ingredient along with other high IQ versatile players talents on both ends

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/9/2019  8:21 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Just realized he missed 8 FTs, but 19 attempts is definitely encouraging! But how do you miss 8 FTs! This could have been a 40 point night for him

It seemed like the missing got into his head. He missed five in a row.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/9/2019  8:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  8:30 AM
franco12 wrote:it doesn't make sense to look at either Kemba or Kyrie in FA this summer - we have a potential max type talent at the PG spot, thank you Dallas.

I agree to an extent...Love Smith jr, wanted him over Frank on draft night. Im torn on this, but, if Durant says he will only come here if we sign Kyrie than we might have to do it. No way do I sign Kemba, though.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/9/2019  10:27 AM
KD and KAwhii is the way to go, if not KAwhii then KLAY. Kyrie and Kemba are next in that order. I really think the money is better spent on players who are not PG's. DSjr and Frank can do the job. I would like to see a better 2 and then a 3/4 along with whoever is drafted (zion/Barret)

Also DJ is playing his way into the future imo. IF he could return on the chaep, NY would have something here.

DJ
KD
KNox/Zion(Barrett)
Kawhii or Klay
DSjr/Frank

Robinson
Zion.KNox (whoever doesnt start)
Dotson
Trier
(need a sold tough 4/5 rebounding guy off the bench) - Vonleh is fine but as with DJ can we get cheap enough?
Kornet

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2019  11:24 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KD and KAwhii is the way to go, if not KAwhii then KLAY. Kyrie and Kemba are next in that order. I really think the money is better spent on players who are not PG's. DSjr and Frank can do the job. I would like to see a better 2 and then a 3/4 along with whoever is drafted (zion/Barret)

Also DJ is playing his way into the future imo. IF he could return on the chaep, NY would have something here.

DJ
KD
KNox/Zion(Barrett)
Kawhii or Klay
DSjr/Frank

Robinson
Dotson
Trier
(need a sold tough 4/5 rebounding guy off the bench) - Vonleh is fine but as with DJ can we get cheap enough?
Kornet

I’m on this boat. Would love to see Zion KD Kawhi

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/9/2019  11:32 AM
martin wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KD and KAwhii is the way to go, if not KAwhii then KLAY. Kyrie and Kemba are next in that order. I really think the money is better spent on players who are not PG's. DSjr and Frank can do the job. I would like to see a better 2 and then a 3/4 along with whoever is drafted (zion/Barret)

DJ
KD
KNox/Zion(Barrett)
Kawhii or Klay
DSjr/Frank

Robinson
Dotson
Trier
Kornet

Zion wil be interesting for sure, he will make just about any point guard look good. But he needs an offense that passes the rock to inspect the game. He is kinda like DJ or Steven Adam's editor the height. Big bruiser type that dunks well, can shoot an odd three but not consistently. His explosiveness is at level of its own. No one has ever dunked from the free throw line. He is also a good defender and will do the unsexy stuff without bitching about it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/9/2019  2:30 PM
DSJ is way to ball dominant. Everyone else is standing around while he dribbles. Durant, Leonard, Thompson wont want to play with him
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/9/2019  2:58 PM
Jmpasq wrote:DSJ is way to ball dominant. Everyone else is standing around while he dribbles. Durant, Leonard, Thompson wont want to play with him

That’s subjective, I’m sure he’s more willing to pass if he has stars around him.

Do you take it to the hoop or pass it to Lance Thomas for a brick or missed dunk....

I say you keep letting Smith do what he can do and build his confidence to a star level and get ready for the future HOF players to come in...

DSJR is definitely a willing passer. After rewatching the game, he could have finished with 15 assists and that’s a conservative estimate . Thomas missed two easy layup/dunks as well as 2 wide open shots set up by Smith.... Dotson missed 3 wide open shots set up by Smith, Knox missed a lot of open looks set up by Smith as well as vonleh in the first half...

Imagine if Smith was passing to Durant & klay.

He probably would be averaging a double double like 20+ pts and 12 assists a game.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2019  7:14 PM
Jmpasq wrote:DSJ is way to ball dominant. Everyone else is standing around while he dribbles. Durant, Leonard, Thompson wont want to play with him

Love these posts. So you know that KD, Leonard and Thompson would not like to play with a PG that can get in the paint and get them open looks?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2019  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  7:19 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

That’s subjective, I’m sure he’s more willing to pass if he has stars around him.

Do you take it to the hoop or pass it to Lance Thomas for a brick or missed dunk....

I say you keep letting Smith do what he can do and build his confidence to a star level and get ready for the future HOF players to come in...

DSJR is definitely a willing passer. After rewatching the game, he could have finished with 15 assists and that’s a conservative estimate . Thomas missed two easy layup/dunks as well as 2 wide open shots set up by Smith.... Dotson missed 3 wide open shots set up by Smith, Knox missed a lot of open looks set up by Smith as well as vonleh in the first half...

Imagine if Smith was passing to Durant & klay.

He probably would be averaging a double double like 20+ pts and 12 assists a game.

Smith had 8 kick outs to wide open shooters that resulted in misses.
In his first game he had 3 to Vonleh in first 2 minutes. All missed shots.
But yeah, if we had Thompson and Durant, it is logical to conclude he would never pass them the ball.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718

2/9/2019  8:20 PM
Hofstra..8 kickouts... is this listed somewhere or were you counting while watching
Cartman718

2/9/2019  8:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Love these posts. So you know that KD, Leonard and Thompson would not like to play with a PG that can get in the paint and get them open looks?

Isn’t one of the biggest complaints about Frank that he rarely drives to the paint?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/11/2019  3:59 PM
From the front page..

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-dennis-smith-jr-knicks-scouting-report-potential-20190211-story.html

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/11/2019  5:41 PM
martin wrote:

DJ
KD
KNox/Zion(Barrett)
Kawhii or Klay
DSjr/Frank

Robinson
Dotson
Trier
Kornet

So would I...and if not that, then AD, Zion, Kawhi, Frank, DSjr

Dennis Smith Jr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy