[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What if Porzingis...
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/1/2019  12:39 PM
KP definitely wanted to be here, as in NYC and for NY fans. No one can legitimately doubt that

What he didn't want was a crappy organization with a clueless FO, and a questionable coach -- whose best year was a smidge over .500 on a pretty good team, and then fired because he couldn't finish games and got his best player pissed at him

Luka, KP and Barnes are going to start rocking as the Warriors break up; our draft picks will be in the mid 20s or higher

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/1/2019  12:49 PM
Chandler wrote:KP definitely wanted to be here, as in NYC and for NY fans. No one can legitimately doubt that

What he didn't want was a crappy organization with a clueless FO, and a questionable coach -- whose best year was a smidge over .500 on a pretty good team, and then fired because he couldn't finish games and got his best player pissed at him

Luka, KP and Barnes are going to start rocking as the Warriors break up; our draft picks will be in the mid 20s or higher

If KP had been healthy, and ballin', Id be on KP's side about being competitive this season. Was never interested in seeing the Knicks tank from the start, but there is enough of a sample size now to say that the Knicks were wise to sit KP for most of the season.

He wasnt coming to the rescue this year, to carry us to the playoffs. Looks like coaching and mgmt didnt do themselves any favors in saying KP was further out in his rehab, than he was. And KP was wrong for not seeing the big picture, with him coming off a major injury.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/1/2019  12:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:KP definitely wanted to be here, as in NYC and for NY fans. No one can legitimately doubt that

If KP had been healthy, and ballin', Id be on KP's side about being competitive this season. Was never interested in seeing the Knicks tank from the start, but there is enough of a sample size now to say that the Knicks were wise to sit KP for most of the season.

He wasnt coming to the rescue this year, to carry us to the playoffs. Looks like coaching and mgmt didnt do themselves any favors in saying KP was further out in his rehab, than he was. And KP was wrong for not seeing the big picture, with him coming off a major injury.

Agreed. Obviously Janis was a major factor but KP was too stupid to realize better times were coming if he just waiting a few more damn months
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/1/2019  1:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

to be clear I'm fine that we're losing; i'm not fine with playing horrific basketball so that we're not developing while losing. We're not passing at all. We're selfish. On defense we don't stay in front of guys and the other night we didn't have guys within 3 feet of DeAndre on rolls.

KP was 100% right to question the direction of the franchise. I also suspect he was a little ticked that KAT got paid and he didn't; he's supposed to come back from an injury without the security blanket. And I also think Janis is a fool and a snake.

I am also 100% confident that this will go down as one of the all time worst trades in the NBA. Guys like KP don't come along often, and we traded him for a ball hog and two draft picks that will be in the high 20s at least. We got cap space but none of the max guys is going to want to come to a team of 19 and 20 year olds with bad habits and a coach seems to have problems relating to his best players (Gasol, KP)

Right now there are a lot of people in denial trying to look for a bright side. It's very simple. Do you really think Mills and Perry are better FO, than KP is a player; do you think they swindled Donnie Nelson Jr, Rick Carlisle

(5)(5)
StarksEwing1

2/1/2019  2:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

to be clear I'm fine that we're losing; i'm not fine with playing horrific basketball so that we're not developing while losing. We're not passing at all. We're selfish. On defense we don't stay in front of guys and the other night we didn't have guys within 3 feet of DeAndre on rolls.

KP was 100% right to question the direction of the franchise. I also suspect he was a little ticked that KAT got paid and he didn't; he's supposed to come back from an injury without the security blanket. And I also think Janis is a fool and a snake.

I am also 100% confident that this will go down as one of the all time worst trades in the NBA. Guys like KP don't come along often, and we traded him for a ball hog and two draft picks that will be in the high 20s at least. We got cap space but none of the max guys is going to want to come to a team of 19 and 20 year olds with bad habits and a coach seems to have problems relating to his best players (Gasol, KP)

Right now there are a lot of people in denial trying to look for a bright side. It's very simple. Do you really think Mills and Perry are better FO, than KP is a player; do you think they swindled Donnie Nelson Jr, Rick Carlisle

No KP is not right. He knew damn well without him we would struggle to win. He knew getting a top pick would be beneficial to himself and us going forward. Instead of being patient he got bitchy and petty along with his f@ckhead brother. Also unlike Trey Burke he obviously didn’t give a damn about Knick fans
blkexec
Member: #748
2/1/2019  2:32 PM
Whats funny is non knick fans are telling me this is the best trade they've seen from the knicks in a while.

While knick fans are ready to burn their jerseys. lol

I don't get the anger.

KP wasn't a superstar b4 surgery. His chances of being a superstar after surgery are now slim. He couldn't carry the team on his shoulders like Melo did, but he's expecting to get paid more than Melo.

THj is a chucker who needs a high value of shots to score.

Burke is the same as THj, a value shooter.

Lee is a has been journey man.

In return, we still have our own pick....2 future 1st round picks....and cap space to sign 2 max free agents right now. Sounds good to me.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
StarksEwing1

2/1/2019  2:38 PM
Look I defended KP through everything but the fact is he isn’t a superstar...yet. Yes the potential is there but it’s still an unknown. We also know he has had injury issues since being drafted. This compounded with his crazy brother giving him terrible advice really gave us no choice. We tried to use KP to get Davis but they said no. We looked at other teams who didn’t want to give up much. At the end of the day we got the best deal for a injured disgruntled player who was gone by next year
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/1/2019  3:34 PM
Chandler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Knicks thought the same thing when Isiah gave up those first rounders for Curry. He figured they would be low first rounders as well. Anything can happen to the Mavs, more trades, injuries. Good players can be had in the mid to low first round, if necessary.

To answer your question, I believe Perry is a good judge of talent, and can make something of those picks.

KP has a right to question the direction of the franchise, but not from the bench. Hasnt played in a year. Hasnt done enough in this league to be that demanding. Cant say "I gave it my all, but mgmt let me down."

Agree KP should get a quality agent, doesnt have one now.

What if Porzingis...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy