[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP About to go to Dallas
Author Thread
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

5/13/2019  4:39 PM
Dallas has to suspend KP for at least the first 5 games. Especially with Mark Cuban's history.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/13/2019  4:42 PM
Sambakick wrote:Dallas has to suspend KP for at least the first 5 games. Especially with Mark Cuban's history.

i don't know man. u gotta wait until the entire story comes out imo. he and his buds may have been totally jumped in this deal and not deserve additional penalty. let's wait till there's more investigation and info.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/13/2019  4:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2019  4:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
magicTs wrote:KP getting himself into more trouble...

Bullet dodged...
exactly

"Bullet dodged?" Is that what you call what happened? We used a 4th pick in the draft that should have been a cornerstone of the franchise into a salary dump, and we dodged a bullet? Seems like we ate the bullet.
This team continually uses its assets to rid itself of its prior contractual blunders like a treadmill. As for KP himself just another chapter in ****ty draft history of this team. If we'd "dodged the bullet" we would have drafted a player we could actually keep.

We could have Porzingis under contract long term, and dealing with this endless drama. You're damned skippy its bullet dodged. We got a talented young PG on an expiring contract, who could save us a lot of cap space at the PG spot, or traded to shore up other positions. We got Jordan, dont believe its a coincidence that Mitch started playing more consistently with Deandre there to give him pointers. First round draft picks as well. Where do you get this "just a salary dump" caca?

Trading KP was business as usual for mills and this misguided franchise.

99% of NBA teams would pick KP over DSJ, so yes salary dumping was a huge part of the deal because we certainly didn't get the better player out of the deal

Strawman argument. We got more than just DSJr, we got two first round draft picks, AND Smith jr We dont know if KP will hold up. Hasnt to this point. Hasnt been able to finish any second half of the regular season on anything but an empty tank, or hurt. Playoffs? Not in regular season shape..yet.

Another thing you are leaving out is that KP and brother were trying to roll Perry/Mills. They saw the writing on the wall, and traded KP (not where he demanded) before they could force some big concessions from mgmt. KP was complaining about the direction of the team from the bench. Too much drama. The kid has zero street smarts.

You make it sound like more cap room than any other team, first round picks (to use or trade) A young, dynamic PG mgmt can give an extended look. Who likes to pass as much as score (regardless of your frame) is a bad thing. We also got a mentor for Mitch. Even if it was just this season, it paid dividends.

No more KP drama, no more humpty dumpty, no more wondering if KP will expand his game. With two max spots mgmt can acquire players without these questions, quality veteran role players in their prime. Draft picks to develop.

More work to do, but if you cant appreciate the flexibility the team has now to build a contender, and develop talent. Dont know what to tell you. It aint over, not sure why you're talking like Perry has had enough time to do anything yet.

When I say Business as usual, im talking in terms of having traded all of your draft picks either before the draft or after...I like what they got in terms of Cap space, but let's be honest, the knicks were not trading KP without unloading their other mistakes in THJ and LEE. and here's a news flash that i just read.

"While the Knicks love Williamson’s intangibles and electric talent, they also are hardly sure he will ever rise to the stratosphere of LeBron James — or Davis, who has become an inside and outside monster
."

Believe you would feel a bit more optimistic if you could look at moves as being "pre-Perry", and "post-Perry". When you include Lee, THJ, Melo, KP (and his endless drama) you're making Perry take ownership of decisions, mistakes, that were made before he got there.

Its about what Perry has done since he got here. Two Diva stars to unload, one with an NTC, and a lot of miles on him. Another with a season ending injury. Noah's contract.

Look at the position we were in when Perry took the job, and the position we are now. Like night and day.

As for Zion, LeBron had to learn to be clutch, handle big pressure situations, post ups. Jordan had to learn to be a better shooter and distributor. Zion will have parts of his game which will need work as well. Williamson is supposed to be a high IQ BBall player. He figures things out, look out. No way I trade him with two max slots. No way.

perry came in with the reputation of a Player friendly TYPE, and was hoping to get melo to either waive his NTC, or play out his contract, instead we essentially got a 2nd rnd pick (which turned into mitch) not bad, but far from great.

perry and mills work hand and hand( obviously he had nothing to do with THJ or lee), but the man he reports to had everything to do with it..Perry has the final word on nothing he just makes suggestions like Mills did under phil..I keep tripping on how some say Phil made every single move as president and mills (as GM )had nothing to do with it.. Now you want to say Perry(as gm) is making the moves and mills (as president) has little say..that no true at all.

I don't believe KP was a diva because he was tired of losing, and did perry do anything to mend the relationship between KP and The organization, neither him or mills set foot on a plane to lativia at any point to spend time with your suppose franchise player..Fiz took it upon himself to try and work things out..

please don't be one of those FANS that think their FO is blameless

Ask yourself, if Perry never got hired, and Mills was in effect GM, and team president, you honestly believe we would be exactly in the same place? Really? Because when you imply that Perry is just a figurehead, thats the only way you can be right.

I tend to believe that Perry is making the decisions, Mills is asking questions, adding some input. But its Perry driving the day to day operation of the team.

Dont believe you appreciate the fact that Perry traded a past their prime star, trouble staying healthy, and an NTC, for no long term cap implications, not really even a short term one. When has the Knicks front office ever been able to pull off something like that?

Perry just walks in the door, and he has Melo demanding to be traded. Didnt cave and take the first offer he got, something that mortgaged the future, waited weeks. Having a hard time understanding why you dont respect that, and the fact that you believe Mills could have done the same without Perry.

Perry convinced Melo to sign off on the deal, even though he was PO'd at mgmt because of Phil, and Mills to a lesser degree.

If KP was playing, giving it his all, as the team leader. And things werent going well, of course KP should speak up. You've been out since last season, you arent contributing anything to the fortunes of the team. Best for KP in that situation was to shut the hell up. What he did wasnt leadership, it was purely self interest.

First of all KP is not a leader, just like melo is not a leader, and Phil jackson saw that..The problem with this franchise for yrs, is they give people roles that don't suit them, from players to coaches to presidents..you can't argue that..

Mills said it out of mouth (in so many words)that perry was going to be a puppet sort to speak..why you think Griffen didn't take the job..

But i will say this about Mills and Perry, they have created an opportunity to turn this franchise into a instant contender next season, and i will give them tons of props if they do that..

When did phil see that Melo wasn't a leader? Before or after the Extended contract with the NTC? Speaking of giving people roles that don't suit them, how about phil being named prez when he clearly didn't want the job nor did he know what was doing. Then, he traded for and signed players (D Rose anyone?) that wasn't suited to play the offense he wanted them to play? Puppet? Did you say Hornacek puppet?

Sambakick

5/13/2019  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/13/2019  4:56 PM
Marv wrote:
Sambakick wrote:Dallas has to suspend KP for at least the first 5 games. Especially with Mark Cuban's history.

i don't know man. u gotta wait until the entire story comes out imo. he and his buds may have been totally jumped in this deal and not deserve additional penalty. let's wait till there's more investigation and info.

He put hands on a woman. Watch what happens to her. He could've walked around her, instead he shoved her and she took 2-3 steps back and the only saving grace was she didn't fall. NBA can't have their guys on video putting their hands on females like NFL players. Again, made worse by Mark Cuban employing a hostile environment to women.

Marv
5/13/2019  5:00 PM
Sambakick wrote:
Marv wrote:

He put hands on a woman. He could've walked around her, instead he shoved her and she took 2-3 steps back and the only saving grace was she didn't fall. NBA can't have their guys on video putting their hands on females like NFL players.

yes and no. reportedly he just saw his friend get knocked out with a chair to the head. he himself took a chair to the head and got his hand broken. he shoved her he didn't punch her. we have no idea what she was doing at that moment. obviously i'm not ok with hitting a woman but i don't see the application of an absolute statement like you're making given not knowing the entire context. just my opinion..

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/13/2019  11:34 PM
Dallas paper

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/05/13/mavericks-trade-kristaps-porzingis-always-risky-now-risks-just-keep-piling

Sambakick

5/14/2019  1:10 AM
Marv wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
Marv wrote:

He put hands on a woman. He could've walked around her, instead he shoved her and she took 2-3 steps back and the only saving grace was she didn't fall. NBA can't have their guys on video putting their hands on females like NFL players.

yes and no. reportedly he just saw his friend get knocked out with a chair to the head. he himself took a chair to the head and got his hand broken. he shoved her he didn't punch her. we have no idea what she was doing at that moment. obviously i'm not ok with hitting a woman but i don't see the application of an absolute statement like you're making given not knowing the entire context. just my opinion..

If you read the link NYKBocker left a link to you will see the Dallas writer worried about Adam Silver coming down on KP.

It isn't a good look, i'll just leave it there. Does he deserve a suspension? ... if i'm the judge... No. But no telling what Silver or Cuban do.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/22/2019  4:14 PM

Snake! seems his threats to Mills and Perry were much harsher than they originally said.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/22/2019  4:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2019  8:35 PM
Sambakick wrote:
Marv wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
Marv wrote:

If you read the link NYKBocker left a link to you will see the Dallas writer worried about Adam Silver coming down on KP.

It isn't a good look, i'll just leave it there. Does he deserve a suspension? ... if i'm the judge... No. But no telling what Silver or Cuban do.

Russian like Latvians same way as Arabs like Jews...
Unti-Russian nationalism and Russian Imperialism and abuse of small nations they can get their hands on is well documented.
Typical Western European setup. Drinking and fighting is as normal in Russian and other post-Soviet countries as cursing in US.
So from local cultural point of view nothing serious happened. Showing a woman is not considered different from showing the man except you can get your a..ss handed back to you rather quickly. Looking at what is going on in Russia and Latvia from Western countries point of view is laughable. People there not acting like us and not obligate to act.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/22/2019  4:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Snake! seems his threats to Mills and Perry were much harsher than they originally said.

We staying woke each and every day. Perry and Mills really did a great job getting what they got from Cuban.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/22/2019  8:42 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

We staying woke each and every day. Perry and Mills really did a great job getting what they got from Cuban.

The Knicks fortunes are changing!

ABout time, they got rid of a prima donna head case at the right time! What a blessing that ACL was!!

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/22/2019  9:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Haha!
Stay woke, D-bag!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/22/2019  9:47 PM
Panos wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Haha!
Stay woke, D-bag!

He was so likable and good natured his first couple of seasons. Really seemed only interested in basketball. Fame changes some people quick.

Marv
5/22/2019  9:58 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Panos wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Haha!
Stay woke, D-bag!

He was so likable and good natured his first couple of seasons. Really seemed only interested in basketball. Fame changes some people quick.

Yeah i still wonder if his brother was some kind of svengali on him.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/22/2019  10:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:

And yet media personalities continue to push the narrative that the Knicks MUST sign KD because they traded KP for cap space and will have egg on their face if they don't.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

5/23/2019  12:24 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

And yet media personalities continue to push the narrative that the Knicks MUST sign KD because they traded KP for cap space and will have egg on their face if they don't.

It's just never ending. Now, our faiths are hitched to another prima donna. Hold on! Looks like it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/23/2019  1:02 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/23/2019  3:08 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It's just never ending. Now, our faiths are hitched to another prima donna. Hold on! Looks like it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Maybe Barrett ends up being a no baggage star we were hoping from porzingis. You never know.

smackeddog
5/23/2019  4:30 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

At least KD has accomplished things! What irks me about KP is he acts like he's actually this accomplished championship vet

smackeddog
5/23/2019  4:31 AM
martin wrote:

Careful wording- he could have broken his wrist (they said his hands are fine)

KP About to go to Dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy