[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Reports that KP wants out
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2019  3:37 PM
KP or his agent has to be the one that made this public. The Knicks need to be smart and get something good for him in a package or just keep him. Coming off an acl he will sign a deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2019  3:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:KP or his agent has to be the one that made this public. The Knicks need to be smart and get something good for him in a package or just keep him. Coming off an acl he will sign a deal.
agreed. They did something similar when Phil was here. Could be just blowing off steam
smackeddog
Member: #883
SupremeCommander wrote:

Yuck none of those teams have anything compatible

magicTs
Member: #5564

What the **** is going on. He's being traded to the ****ing Mavs. This **** must have gone down with Cuban last night.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2019  3:41 PM
smackeddog wrote:A knock on problem is that without KP, you can kiss the chances of a big FA signing here.

Honestly, at this point it’s pray you can move him for AD, or add years to the rebuild (and pray we land the first pick)- this could be very bad.

Can’t really think of any KP deals that land you a foundation piece

What if we get Zion and he impresses lol. Look we don't have the money. That's what's keeping big-time free agents from coming here. Manage the cap and they will come. The key here is the assets we get back if a KP deal is done. This Perry's defining moment. Yeah, the Melo deal was nice and the MitchRob/Trier acquisitions we're solid, but this is where the rubber hits the road. Let's see how this pans out before we make any generalizations.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/31/2019  3:41 PM

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/31/2019  3:42 PM
He’s gonr so I’m hearing. Wow
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
smackeddog
1/31/2019  3:42 PM
magicTs wrote:What the **** is going on. He's being traded to the ****ing Mavs. This **** must have gone down with Cuban last night.

Mavs have nothing but Doncic. Cuban was at the game because it was Dirks last at MSG

smackeddog
1/31/2019  3:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  3:43 PM
magicTs wrote:

What the ****?! They have nothing but Doncic! We’re about to be screwed

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/31/2019  3:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Wow; what an arshole. 😡😡😡

I told you this would happen 3 months ago when the losing commence..

But ya'll was like KP LOVES NY, you don't know what your talking about,

NOBODY WANTS TO BE PART OF A LOSING, and the funny thing is, ya'll keep blaming the player and thinking they should accept losing and shut up..

THE other day DOLAN said NY needs a star, which is why he swoop in and Made the Melo deal happen..Less than 6 month later walsh stepped down..

When Phil was talking about trading KP he was fired 2 wks later

Watch what happens to this FO...and I've been telleing you this for the longest

I agree, losing does nothing. Fans are obsessed with tanking, probably the most thrown around word by fans. It kills culture. Teams who tank stay bad. Porzingis is a young player with the mind of a vet when it comes to this stuff. These guys don't like to lose, even when they are injured. I don't blame him for that, i blame the Knicks for not providing a better foundation and more reason for optimism. We have some nice young players, but only Knox has major upside, and is still a ways away. You can build better without mortgaging the future and trading draft picks. Can't just sit back and say these reclamation projects are part of the plan. Most of them will be gone, so we aren't really building anything sustainable. We need to add player who are part of the future and build with them. We need to get pass-first guards and show a sustainable offense. That's not happening. Porzingis clearly wants/wanted a reason to stay and we aren't giving him one aside from Knox.

BigDaddyG

1/31/2019  3:44 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:yeah I was literally posting this but got tied up...
this isn't good, but we got a whiff of this before when his bro ran his mouth
I think we could do a lot worse than AD for KP
But honestly my Celtics fan friend just texted me asking what it would take. I said a package featuring Rozier. He said fine, how about Rosier, Brown, and a first. KP is great when available but he's frequently unavailable. If we could get two lotto picks that aren't busts and another first I think we'd have to consider it

Looking for more than a package featuring Rozier. Rozier upcoming contract has the potential to THJ part deux. Brown is intriguing and the first rounders always draw interest. But we'd need more.

look, I agree it takes more than a Rozier one-for-one. But remember Perry and Mills said that they "wanted to find their Rozier"? It's obvious we would need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Rozier. But I think he would be the headliner. I love Jaylen Brown. But I mean I think a more realistic offer is Rozier, Tatum, and a first. Sign me up for that

Wouldn't Tatum be the headliner be the headliner on Boston's end in a deal like that? I would consider that deal if we can move salary as well.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2019  3:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Agreed. I dont want DSJ for KP.
smackeddog
Fuck this! The mavs?! They don’t even have their draft pick for this year! I’m freaking out!
CrushAlot
USA
Clean
Member: #743
1/31/2019  3:46 PM
I really hope we get more than cap space for trading KP. If all we get is cap space and we strikeout this summer I think this may be it for me as a Knicks fan.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

SupremeCommander wrote:yeah I was literally posting this but got tied up...
this isn't good, but we got a whiff of this before when his bro ran his mouth
I think we could do a lot worse than AD for KP
But honestly my Celtics fan friend just texted me asking what it would take. I said a package featuring Rozier. He said fine, how about Rosier, Brown, and a first. KP is great when available but he's frequently unavailable. If we could get two lotto picks that aren't busts and another first I think we'd have to consider it

Brown plus one or two first rounders feels about right. Honestly, with the current state of the team, the Knicks do not really fit the KP timeline, since we will have to max him out this summer and lose any cap flexibility for the next four years. Better to stockpile rookie talent for another year or two, and then make a splash on the FA market once Timmy's contract runs out, adding an experienced star to a better developed young core.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
After reading the article it seems a little blown out of proportion. Saying he left the impression isn't the same as him starting directly he wants to be traded. And he said he wants to play for a winner in NY while it's lead to believe that he is looking to play for any contender. It's clear the Knicks are gonna go hard with playoff moves directly after this draft after they attempt to nab a Zion etc.

Imo KP was scared to be shipped off to the Pelicans in an AD deal. So he went in to speak with management probably to claim that if they are to trade him to move home to a different team.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
magicTs wrote:

Wow.
BigDaddyG

smackeddog wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Wow! I missed this all in a few minutes.
smackeddog
1/31/2019  3:48 PM
We couldn’t find a better partner than Dallas?! The only player I’d want they’ll never trade
Reports that KP wants out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy