USA
1/19/2019  12:24 PM
Would anyone here traded KP for Doncic?
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

1/19/2019  1:30 PM
Vmart wrote:Would anyone here traded KP for Doncic?

KP is a two way player, Doncic needs to show more on defense

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/19/2019  5:06 PM
The NBA reality is this kind of players are not getting traded often and never for each other.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/19/2019  7:01 PM
Not yet. If KP can get healthy and stay healthy (Yes, that’s a big if) then you trade him for nobody. You’ll never find someone like him with his skillset and length.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Hamo49
Member: #6006

1/19/2019  7:53 PM
No.. but i would have traded everything else for him
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/19/2019  8:06 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Not yet. If KP can get healthy and stay healthy (Yes, thats a big if) then you trade him for nobody. Youll never find someone like him with his skillset and length.

The question is knowing what you know now, Do you think KP will be relatively healthy in his career, or not. I might have to bet against that and go for the trade. Time will tell if that was the smart bet.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/19/2019  10:40 PM

I guess the real question is would anyone trade KP for the overall #3 pick of 2018 draft. I think most people here would say no. But Dallas essentially is trading 3 lottery picks for Doncic if they're able to trade DSJr

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/20/2019  11:41 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

I guess the real question is would anyone trade KP for the overall #3 pick of 2018 draft. I think most people here would say no. But Dallas essentially is trading 3 lottery picks for Doncic if they're able to trade DSJr

That's not how that works. If/when they trade DSJr, Dallas will be getting something back in return. Also, the main reason Dallas appears to be trading him is because DSJr is acting disgruntled.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/20/2019  12:45 PM

At the time of the draft, no.

Interesting enough, had the Knicks offered Zinger, they would have gotten Doncic plus from Atlanta. The Hawks would have no doubt given up John Collins as well. Knicks could have built around Collins and Doncic for a long time.

A lot of Doncic's production is because he was a child basketball prodigy who pretty much played pro ball his entire life. But part of his NBA success comes from kid gloves from the refs. The league wants him to be a superstar even more than he already is showing.

He was arguably the most fully rounded/developed Euro BB prospect in the modern era. He comes from basketball pedigree, is a relatively good looking guy and his demographic has been something the league has wanted to push for a long time in terms of it's marketing. From a marketing standpoint, big men/pivots simply don't do as well ( sometimes there are outliers) in terms of branding/Q Rating, etc.

It would have been a win of a trade. But odds on, 90 percent of the time, it would be like the Bulls trading Brand ( think of Brand at that point, not his later career) for raw uncertainty. Elite rim protection/Elite floor spacing/Ability to create your own shot at will is just plain rare in combination. Doncic will get better ref calls his entire career compared to Zinger.

Interesting to see how the Hawks pan out over time. They are doing good work down there, obviously Doncic looks like a better bet than Trae Young at this point and likely for the long haul, but given their limitations, Atlanta has done pretty well for their situation.

I like Collins too. You could see the promise in his play last year.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/20/2019  2:45 PM
Rather have KP but Doncic is awesome.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/20/2019  4:10 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

At the time of the draft, no.

Interesting enough, had the Knicks offered Zinger, they would have gotten Doncic plus from Atlanta. The Hawks would have no doubt given up John Collins as well. Knicks could have built around Collins and Doncic for a long time.

A lot of Doncic's production is because he was a child basketball prodigy who pretty much played pro ball his entire life. But part of his NBA success comes from kid gloves from the refs. The league wants him to be a superstar even more than he already is showing.

He was arguably the most fully rounded/developed Euro BB prospect in the modern era. He comes from basketball pedigree, is a relatively good looking guy and his demographic has been something the league has wanted to push for a long time in terms of it's marketing. From a marketing standpoint, big men/pivots simply don't do as well ( sometimes there are outliers) in terms of branding/Q Rating, etc.

It would have been a win of a trade. But odds on, 90 percent of the time, it would be like the Bulls trading Brand ( think of Brand at that point, not his later career) for raw uncertainty. Elite rim protection/Elite floor spacing/Ability to create your own shot at will is just plain rare in combination. Doncic will get better ref calls his entire career compared to Zinger.

Interesting to see how the Hawks pan out over time. They are doing good work down there, obviously Doncic looks like a better bet than Trae Young at this point and likely for the long haul, but given their limitations, Atlanta has done pretty well for their situation.

I like Collins too. You could see the promise in his play last year.

Triplefraud with conspiracy theory # 22. You really are a crazy MFer.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Hypothetical question with hindsight being 20/20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy