[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Twitter trade rumor - Frank & Tim for Dennis Smith & Wes Matthers
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

1/18/2019  7:13 PM
Wow did we dodge a bullet by no drafting this piece of ****. I get why the trolls want us to trade for him. Imagine him and Mud in the backcourt with Fiz going ape-**** on the sideline in a tight skirt with pompoms? Now that would be real basketball.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/19/2019  8:31 AM
Problem with this team is that people judge many of the players
Without Porzingis

I like to judge the players based on how they would play off KP and possibly another star.

KP, second all star, Knox, THJ, Frank
>
KP, second all star, Knox, DSJ, Wes

When KP was healthy last year both THJ and Frank looked way better playing off him

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/19/2019  9:11 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Problem with this team is that people judge many of the players
Without Porzingis

I like to judge the players based on how they would play off KP and possibly another star.

>

When KP was healthy last year both THJ and Frank looked way better playing off him

Good point. Let’s focus on building team and chemistry

Not assembling hodge podge

(5)(5)
Juliano
Member: #7589

1/19/2019  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2019  9:45 AM
I remember there were big question marks over DSJ prior to the 17 draft. His athleticism was known to be off the charts but his injury history and attitude were a concern and lead to his dropping to 9th overall. Now we don't know exactly what is happening in Dallas but these concerns definitely look to have some legitimacy to them.

That being said, Frank has been underwhelming this season and a change of scenery might be beneficical to both, who knows.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/19/2019  10:20 AM
Juliano wrote:I remember there were big question marks over DSJ prior to the 17 draft. His athleticism was known to be off the charts but his injury history and attitude were a concern and lead to his dropping to 9th overall. Now we don't know exactly what is happening in Dallas but these concerns definitely look to have some legitimacy to them.

That being said, Frank has been underwhelming this season and a change of scenery might be beneficical to both, who knows.

Both need more time to settle into what they are not change.
Change is good for established players who lost his ways not for prospects in early development.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/19/2019  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2019  10:37 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Problem with this team is that people judge many of the players
Without Porzingis

>

Yes Hardaway Jr. and Frank > Wes Matthews and Smith but
2 years of 23 million in cap space and late first by trading Dennis Smith Jr. > Frank and Hardaway Jr.

However the Mavericks are not this stupid.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/19/2019  10:37 AM
Chandler wrote:
Without Porzingis

>

Good point. Let’s focus on building team and chemistry

Not assembling hodge podge

I am fine with keeping Frank. Tim looked good prior to having plantar fascia issues. Interesting discussion on the Film School pod between Macri and Piccolo (bball index) about the point guard position next year. The talk was about Mudiay and what to do with him after this season. Both guys said that you need to bring Mudiay back or get another starter level point guard that can create for others because Frank is not close to being ready to be the starter. Piccolo pointed out that other players development on offense will be stunted if the Knicks don't have a creator at the point guard position.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq

1/19/2019  11:00 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:Who besides fans has said THjr contract is awful? Im not saying I am happy with his play but as I have said many times its not on him to carry the team. I think he would benefit from being on a better team. Dumb statement, what player isn't?

In resource management terms, it's pretty awful.

In order for THJr to have value, he needs to be a 7th or 8th man in the rotation. I don't think he's consistent enough to be a true 6th man as some here claim. In order to "hide" a contract with an AAV that punitive ( and it has a trade kicker to boot), you'd need 3-4 guys outperforming their rookie deals and staggered so as not to create a cap question bunched up in one offseason.

It means you'd need to draft extremely well in consecutive years with NO MISSES in a short time frame and have all those guys produce that outstrips their rookie contracts exponentially.

Essentially , you'd need the Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka situation, but a contract like THJrs would have precluded them from getting a center. ( Rim protection cost different then...)

It's just very rare. The Seattle Seahawks built it's Super Bowl core in about 3 offseasons of unreal drafting and pan out rate.

It's awful because the conditions to actually contend/do extremely well in the playoffs with a THJr contract defies any kind of functional team building. Teams are gonna miss sometimes on picks. Even if they hit, most players don't hit the ground running in the NBA where THJr can hide as a 7th man.

People will cite other bad contracts given out near the same timeline.

WITH CURRENT MARKET CORRECTION, THJrs contract is just plain ****ing horrible. Knicks have tried to trade him since they signed him and no one wants him for a positive asset and the opportunity cost of the cap space implied.

I feel like this is ovious. People keep spinning Hardaway Jr. as a positive asset. If that were true at minuiumn we could trade him for an expiring contract. We can't so that should be pretty obvious its a bad contract. From my view trading Hardaway Jr will take a young player or a protected first. The only way a positive asset is not attached would be to a team that has a large expiring contract that would still be capped out the next 2 seasons even after shedding that player. For instance if Ian Mahinmi was an expiring contract. Maybe you trade Hardaway Jr. for him since the Wizards would lose that player for nothing.

Basically if someone wants Hardaway Jr for an expiring or even a small asset you say YES!!! You don't let that GM get off the phone until the paperwork is sent through and accepted by the league. You can't let them have a second to come off their crack high.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/19/2019  11:38 AM
Fans posting ideas and them not happening or not does not validate what has value is either positive or negative.
The twitter rumor we discuss is not representative of the knicks or the Mav’s.
Personally I have not read anything that says we are trying to trade Timmy. Logic of CLee sitting makes far more sense based on his contract and age. I’m not spinning Timmy as a positive asset but I can’t type that he is a mills favorite because he is tryin got cover his back.
It’s fun to speculate I suppose but we influence each other a lot too.
ankurk
Member: #6075

1/19/2019  12:11 PM
KD
Kwahi
Kyrie
Butler
Kemba
Klay
Boogie
Tobias Harris
Middleton
Mirotic
Horford
Gasol
Vucevic
Randle
Dragic
Bledsoe
Deandre Jordan
Whiteside
Valanciunas
Rubio

Here's a list of 20 of the top unrestricted FA's this upcoming year. We all know about striking out on lebron and ending up with STAT and how we splurged on Afflalo in the past. But pick 2 - any two. Does that not instantly make us significantly better? Fiz juice has to make our chances better at signing a top tier player.

Say we strike out on the top 5 but manage to get Middleton and Kemba Walker. Are we not instantly way better? Trading a future pick to dump THJ and keeping this years top 5 pick we could look at -

Kemba, Middleton , Knox, _____ , KP

What if we secured a big in FA - not a top tier one but how about from the bottom of the list - JV and Rubio - are we not instantly better?

Rubio, _____, Knox, KP, JV could the ____ be RJ?

This is with us expecting the worst. Any two of KD/Kyrie/Kwahi/Klay/Boogie would change our franchise overnight.

This is a mega FA class and attaching a future first if it means shedding THJ and Lee for an expiring deal is absolutely worth it. TradiAng Ntilikina in a package to shed these contracts is absolutely worth it.

As for filling out the rest of the roster - Vets always sign with playoff bound teams for less than their market value to have a championship run.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/19/2019  4:51 PM
ankurk wrote:KD
Kwahi
Kyrie
Butler
Kemba
Klay
Boogie
Tobias Harris
Middleton
Mirotic
Horford
Gasol
Vucevic
Randle
Dragic
Bledsoe
Deandre Jordan
Whiteside
Valanciunas
Rubio

Here's a list of 20 of the top unrestricted FA's this upcoming year. We all know about striking out on lebron and ending up with STAT and how we splurged on Afflalo in the past. But pick 2 - any two. Does that not instantly make us significantly better? Fiz juice has to make our chances better at signing a top tier player.

Say we strike out on the top 5 but manage to get Middleton and Kemba Walker. Are we not instantly way better? Trading a future pick to dump THJ and keeping this years top 5 pick we could look at -

What if we secured a big in FA - not a top tier one but how about from the bottom of the list - JV and Rubio - are we not instantly better?

This is with us expecting the worst. Any two of KD/Kyrie/Kwahi/Klay/Boogie would change our franchise overnight.

This is a mega FA class and attaching a future first if it means shedding THJ and Lee for an expiring deal is absolutely worth it. TradiAng Ntilikina in a package to shed these contracts is absolutely worth it.

As for filling out the rest of the roster - Vets always sign with playoff bound teams for less than their market value to have a championship run.

NO WAY do you trade a future #1 pick to trade timmy. Thats taking one step forward and 3 steps back. Thats how to destroy your future. He only has 1 more yr after this.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
USA
1/20/2019  8:10 PM
Jmpasq

1/20/2019  8:26 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
ankurk wrote:KD
Kwahi
Kyrie
Butler
Kemba
Klay
Boogie
Tobias Harris
Middleton
Mirotic
Horford
Gasol
Vucevic
Randle
Dragic
Bledsoe
Deandre Jordan
Whiteside
Valanciunas
Rubio

NO WAY do you trade a future #1 pick to trade timmy. Thats taking one step forward and 3 steps back. Thats how to destroy your future. He only has 1 more yr after this.

Yeah I dont think he opts out. he has 2 years left after this one.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/21/2019  12:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Translation: The Mavs didn't get any good deals offered to them for DSJr, so time to make nice with their draft pick

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
johnnystarks
Member: #8723

1/21/2019  3:57 AM
Mmm that's a pretty tasty deal! DSJ can run the offense pretty well when given the reins, and getting Matthews' expiring deal opens up some nice cap room. plus, who's really excited for the future of Tim and Frank? Good but not outstanding players...
CrushAlot
USA
1/21/2019  9:11 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Translation: The Mavs didn't get any good deals offered to them for DSJr, so time to make nice with their draft pick

I think you are probably right but I can’t remember ever hearing that Carlisle called to apologize to a player. Guys that feud with Carlisle are usually moved.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/21/2019  9:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think you are probably right but I can’t remember ever hearing that Carlisle called to apologize to a player. Guys that feud with Carlisle are usually moved.

Carlisle took one for the team

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/21/2019  10:12 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22190356/rick-carlisle-dallas-mavericks-apologizes-salah-mejri-angry-exchange

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/rick-carlisle-apologized-for-saying-chandler-parsons-was-overweight

Not a Mav’s follower but I would have thought the same. His pushback on Rondo was noteworthy.

Nalod
USA
1/21/2019  10:14 AM
In the end the rumor about Frank and Tim went nowhere. Not sure if it was unacceptable to knicks or Mav’s but seemingly went now where. Dsmith needs to get “his team” if he is to make the money he thought he would.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/21/2019  12:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nothing about apologizing in there. More of a make nice with player since it’s a players league and Cuban pays the bills probably asking FO to lie in the bed that they made
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Twitter trade rumor - Frank & Tim for Dennis Smith & Wes Matthers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy