Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/17/2019  7:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2019  7:40 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Not sure why you'd care or feel this strongly about this either way.

I think the objection (if i may put it in my terms) was that "LeBitch" (Who i believe the author is using as an allegory for LeBron James) was putting himself into context in a similar fashion to the majority of millenials (defined loosely as those in born between the mid 1990s and the early 2000s) always trying to put themselves into situations before they have accomplished all of the hard work required to get there.

Perhaps the author has had outside interactions with millenials to help to prove his assertion. Two or three examples would suffice. But we aren't here to grade his exposition. I believe the spirit of his post was simply that .... well... LeBron is a bitch.

I don't particularly care about any of that. I just think that it is ridiculous to see people get so emotional about something that has no real impact on anyone's life. If you object to LeBron's comment, present a counterargument. But to go out of your way to demonize the man and make derogatory comments about someone you don't personally know, seems to be...immature- to put it mildly. Laws and the comfort of sitting behind a computer screen are the only reasons any of you feel bold enough to unjustly call a 6"8' and 250lbs physical specimen out of his name because you disagree with him. Keep that in mind.

You don't have to get emotional if you don't want to. I think it's ridiculous that you felt the need to question me on why I felt strongly. Don't worry about my motives. I did present a counterargument which was evident from the videos and the follow up posts, but if you couldn't fathom the counterargument, then best to stay away lol

Demonize....? Pray tell WHERE I demonized him. Sounds like you are trying to demonize me by using words like demonize. He's a bitch, calling him a bitch doesn't demonize him. Ballers who do lots of good things in life can still be bitches because of their egomaniacal ways.

I honestly don't care if he is 6'8 250, 7'8 350 or 5'8 150...he's still Lebitch "Millenial" James. As far as any of us feeling bold enough to say things about him because we are behind a computer screen or because of laws...the computer screen...dont care...would say it to his face not that he'd care about my opinion. As far as laws...well duh yeah this is America, not 1940s Gestapo Poland. I am sure he expresses his thoughts with the same freedom as opposed to how he would in oppressed Poland. As do you, unless you don't live in this country?

More importantly, why do you care about my feeling strongly or mildly about someone who's not close to you, or is he?

For the record, the following is not intended to be a direct or indirect threat

Men kill each other. Open up any history book or listen to any daily news report and that point becomes obvious. And in my opinion, most of us have the capacity to do so under the right set of circumstances.

As a result, I've found that the average man has an appreciation for the possibilities of "what could happen if...." which moderates our behavior and helps to form a kind of informal code of conduct. When we violate that code, the consequences can be dire. So when I see you have this incessant need to call a man you don't know personally "a bitch", "crybaby", etc. with the intention of trying to demean him, it makes me feel that you are doing so because you feel safe while doing it. If you were face-to-face with him, I'm sure all that tough talk would change.

LeBron is freakishly big, freakishly strong and freakishly coordinated so if you wouldn't have some reservations about addressing him like that face-to-face you'd be a fool. I'm 6"3' and 230lbs, with some technical skills in fighting and even I understand that the right punch from a LeBron could end my life. Again, it's an appreciation for "what could happen if...." and won't risk that type of reaction in my personal life if he (or any man of any size) isn't being disrespectful or threatening to me or mine. But that's me.

Run your life how you see fit but I get the impression you feel entitled to act like that in your personal life as well. Just understand that if that is the case, you've been lucky to not encounter the kind of man that would check you for talking to him like that. That 11-year old girl that got knocked out by a man at the mall was acting the same way, until he- as a much larger being- re-introduced her to physics.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/17/2019  9:23 AM
NardDogNation wrote:For the record, the following is not intended to be a direct or indirect threat

Men kill each other. Open up any history book or listen to any daily news report and that point becomes obvious. And in my opinion, most of us have the capacity to do so under the right set of circumstances.

As a result, I've found that the average man has an appreciation for the possibilities of "what could happen if...." which moderates our behavior and helps to form a kind of informal code of conduct. When we violate that code, the consequences can be dire. So when I see you have this incessant need to call a man you don't know personally "a bitch", "crybaby", etc. with the intention of trying to demean him, it makes me feel that you are doing so because you feel safe while doing it. If you were face-to-face with him, I'm sure all that tough talk would change.

LeBron is freakishly big, freakishly strong and freakishly coordinated so if you wouldn't have some reservations about addressing him like that face-to-face you'd be a fool. I'm 6"3' and 230lbs, with some technical skills in fighting and even I understand that the right punch from a LeBron could end my life. Again, it's an appreciation for "what could happen if...." and won't risk that type of reaction in my personal life if he (or any man of any size) isn't being disrespectful or threatening to me or mine. But that's me.

Run your life how you see fit but I get the impression you feel entitled to act like that in your personal life as well. Just understand that if that is the case, you've been lucky to not encounter the kind of man that would check you for talking to him like that. That 11-year old girl that got knocked out by a man at the mall was acting the same way, until he- as a much larger being- re-introduced her to physics.

I am not sure what to make of this post...you are making all kinds of assumptions and that's fine...and you never really answered my question from the last post...
More importantly, why do you care about my feeling strongly or mildly about someone who's not close to you, or is he?

Also more importantly, why do you care about my life at all?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/17/2019  1:36 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

So let me get this straight. In your world, larger, more agile coordinated "specimens" seem to be within their rights to pummel someone for something that is said to them? Is that really how things work in this culture? Say something out of line only to those smaller and weaker than you?

And you seem to be trumpeting the fact that a grown man punching an 11 year old girl is justified in using "physics" as a retort to something said. Or maybe you meant something else by the reference.

If Lebron did punch you for calling him a bitch to his face, he would also be proving your point. Unless you hold to the concept that might makes right and that idiotic machismo is slightly more meaningful than 'sticks and stones'...

Every ahole has an opinion as well. Grown adult men, no matter what they are physically capable of, can show restraint when called names. That would be a very small part of what would make them men intead of bitches.

Given that, calling anyone a bitch would also be covered by the idiom related to it takes one to know one...

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/18/2019  10:26 AM
jrodmc wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

So let me get this straight. In your world, larger, more agile coordinated "specimens" seem to be within their rights to pummel someone for something that is said to them? Is that really how things work in this culture? Say something out of line only to those smaller and weaker than you?

And you seem to be trumpeting the fact that a grown man punching an 11 year old girl is justified in using "physics" as a retort to something said. Or maybe you meant something else by the reference.

If Lebron did punch you for calling him a bitch to his face, he would also be proving your point. Unless you hold to the concept that might makes right and that idiotic machismo is slightly more meaningful than 'sticks and stones'...

Every ahole has an opinion as well. Grown adult men, no matter what they are physically capable of, can show restraint when called names. That would be a very small part of what would make them men intead of bitches.

Given that, calling anyone a bitch would also be covered by the idiom related to it takes one to know one...

Tell 'em Einstein, you got this. I am so tired of this idiotic "faster, stronger, bigger is better" stereotype being applied to humans.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/18/2019  11:38 AM
jrodmc wrote:You don't have to love or hate Lebron. Just state facts. Not just one great Finals.

Russell: 11 ****ing rings. 8 IN A ROW. He stepped into the league and won immediately with a Celtics team (including Bob Cousy) that couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs. He made everyone on his team better. Debate that. Better yet, read anything his teammates actually wrote about him. And while you're at it, explain how LeQ could coach his way out of an AAU tournament.

Jordan: Gets to Finals, wins Finals. He ever flop? MOFO won in big spots looking like he was dying from the flue. Please spare me the Scottie Pippen crutch argument. What did Scottie HOF accomplish without MJ? Fake migraines on the bench? LeQ orchestrates teams with DWade, Uncle Drew, etc and still loses. MJ wins with the likes of the Worm and Bill Cartwright.

Bird: Somewhere, he's laughing at LeQ's jumper.

Kobe: wins with Shaq, wins without Shaq. What's the LeQ's comparison? Wins with DWade, wins with Kyrie and Love.

GOAT the Fuck OUT. This is laughable.

He is a great player. Maybe he's slightly greater than Wilt.

Lebron has the greatest ego of all time. But no GOAT would ever make an attribution like that about himself. Humility comes with that label for a reason...they don't need to assert it because it's self-evident.

No question LBJ is the greatest of his era. But crossing eras makes little sense. The competitive dynamics helps form the player IN the era...so you can't take the player out of it and make GOAT comparisons.

Winning is ultimately what matters...and by that measure, MJ is still the GOAT.

Moonangie

1/18/2019  11:39 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:If you have to tell everyone that you are the GOAT. You're not.

^^^ This!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2019  11:47 AM
He said at that moment he was the Goat after carrying his team to defeat the best regular season team of all Time.
The last two teams to accomplish that was the 1972 Lakers and the Bulls with Jordan.
is he an ass for saying that? Perhaps. What was the context of the conversation? It matters. He is arrogant. He backed it up.
Cartman718

1/18/2019  11:50 AM
Nalod wrote:He said at that moment he was the Goat after carrying his team to defeat the best regular season team of all Time.
The last two teams to accomplish that was the 1972 Lakers and the Bulls with Jordan.
is he an ass for saying that? Perhaps. What was the context of the conversation? It matters. He is arrogant. He backed it up.

context is irrelevant to GOAT statements

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Moonangie

1/18/2019  11:51 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:He said at that moment he was the Goat after carrying his team to defeat the best regular season team of all Time.

context is irrelevant to GOAT statements

^^^ Again...this!

Nalod
USA
1/18/2019  1:27 PM
Context is relevant to everything.
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
1/18/2019  2:10 PM
Another great example of redefining the meaning of words in the dictionary.

Greatest Of ALL TIME. Not at the moment. Not in a particular context. Not in a particular series. Not against the best regular season team.

OF ALL TIME.

Learn the meaning of words before spouting ego-maniacal bull****.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/18/2019  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2019  3:49 PM
How dare Lebron (The Millenial) call himself the greatest because athletes of the past never did that...

Nalod
USA
1/18/2019  5:15 PM
https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/i-am-greatest-says-usain-bolt-after-finishing-olympics-campaign-48564

Rio2016

I am the greatest, says Usain Bolt after finishing Olympics campaign

Nalod
USA
1/18/2019  5:29 PM
Isiah Thomas:
“[Magic Johnson and Larry Bird are] 6-(feet)-9 and Jordan was 6-6 and a half. If they were all 6-1, it wouldn't even be a question. They wouldn't even ****ing rate. If they were all my size, ****, they wouldn't even be talked about. I beat the **** out of them when they were that big. If we were all the same size, ****.”
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
1/18/2019  7:05 PM
Moonangie wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:If you have to tell everyone that you are the GOAT. You're not.

^^^ This!

“Any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king.” - Tywin Lannister

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/18/2019  8:36 PM
He has an argument. I don't think there has been a player as well balanced in all phases of the game like Lebron has been/is. Very efficient and prolific scorer and this is with defenses keying in on him and all the double teams. Very good distributor. For most of his career a great defender and now a pretty good one still. Good rebounder. He's going to be near the top or at the top in a number of statistical categories when its all said and done. His game actually elevates significantly in the postseason. Look at the Cavs with and without him basically the same team. Last year went to the NBA finals. This year we can't even catch up to them in the race for Zion.
Cartman718

1/18/2019  9:49 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:He has an argument. I don't think there has been a player as well balanced in all phases of the game like Lebron has been/is. Very efficient and prolific scorer and this is with defenses keying in on him and all the double teams. Very good distributor. For most of his career a great defender and now a pretty good one still. Good rebounder. He's going to be near the top or at the top in a number of statistical categories when its all said and done. His game actually elevates significantly in the postseason. Look at the Cavs with and without him basically the same team. Last year went to the NBA finals. This year we can't even catch up to them in the race for Zion.
GOAT he is not. All rounder sure.
Nalod
USA
1/19/2019  10:56 AM
In the end its really just subjective.
Cartman718

1/19/2019  4:48 PM
Nalod wrote:In the end its really just subjective.
That’s a subjective lie
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/20/2019  11:32 AM
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Lebitch "Millenial" James

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy