[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knox leading by example AKA MELO
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/16/2019  9:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It's funny how the same people who were bitching about melo and amre, and mudiay, and THJ, have excuses for Knox.

The thing about fiz is that, he has no track record to look back on to even know wtf is his system, because this looks nothing LIKE a Riley or Spoelstra system or way of thinking

Give Fiz players like Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Ewing, Wade, LeBron and Bosh and then see if Fiz's system is anything like Riley or Spo...

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2019  9:53 AM
Rainman...........Making shyt up.

"The same people"............
Even if true, is it not logical to hold max allstar players to a higher standard than a 19 year old rookie?

Lets discuss Trier and all that was said about him. "Let him be who he is". Fiz did that and let him establish his game. He got his contract and showed he can score. I see elements of him kicking out the ball more. Might be Fiz is asking him to do more now. AKA: Pass more.
Mudiay: The kid was a decent passer. What he was not doing was finishing at the rim and hitting his shot. This is what he does now. I would expect once he is comfortable scoring to then work on other things.
Knox, timid and physically over matched rookie. Let him find his game and be comfortable scoring in the NBA. Then work on other things.
Frank, Pass first euro not shooting enough. Great defender. Not injury prone, he missed a few games, They all do. To me Fiz left him be for 20 games and even started him. But got called out for not progressing. Either for not shooting, Hitting when open or going to the rim. Now we see him doing more. Evolving, not an over nite thing.

That's what I see. An ugly team with many moving parts concerned with developing. Add it all up it does not equate to wins. We were told to look for small "Wins". Not Rainman, he looks to be "that guy".

Who is right? Not really apparent but if called out for "excusing" well that's just plain ignorant. Im not "excusing" because Im not "blaming". Its what it is. Im not saying Fiz is doing a good or bad job. He is doing his job.
In the face of ignorance my tendency is to look beyond for what is not obvious.
The validity is in the future. That's too deep for some.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/16/2019  1:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2019  1:37 PM
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:It's funny how the same people who were bitching about melo and amre, and mudiay, and THJ, have excuses for Knox.

The thing about fiz is that, he has no track record to look back on to even know wtf is his system, because this looks nothing LIKE a Riley or Spoelstra system or way of thinking

Give Fiz players like Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Ewing, Wade, LeBron and Bosh and then see if Fiz's system is anything like Riley or Spo...

Don't understand Knicks1248's point.

Melo was the first perennial All Star in 20 years that wanted to come here. We did not surround him with enough.
STAT was a good player with bad knees. He had a very good season for us.
Mudiay is a young good role player that was given up by another team and we picked up on the cheap. He has outplayed expectations.
Timmy is a very good offensive player that may be a good value at 12M to 15M per year. He was playing up to his contract at beginning of year and has tailed off with injuries.
Knox is showing signs of being one of our best draft picks in a long history of flops.

Don't see the correlation.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/16/2019  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2019  2:08 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Melo was the first perennial All Star in 20 years that wanted to come here. We did not surround him with enough.
Mudiay is a young good role player that was given up by another team and we picked up on the cheap. He has outplayed expectations.
Timmy is a very good offensive player that may be a good value at 12M to 15M per year. He was playing up to his contract at beginning of year and has tailed off with injuries.
Knox is showing signs of being one of our best draft picks in a long history of flops.

I never really had a problem with any of those guys, because they were proven scorers. But there have been plenty of folks who have killed those guys for never passing the ball and being black holes.

Now with Knox being a 19 yr old and quite a few other young players around him, you can see that everyone(except frank) is taking this same route. Don't get me wrong, I love is aggressiveness, but with no balance, you just become a one trick pony

He obviously thinks this is the way to win games or win ROY, and fiz said (which i think he's 100% right) these guys are playing for new contracts.

That's a Bad Habit to play that way, why not teach him how to set a real screen for his teammates to get open..

It was a reason melo had his best season playing with Jason KIDD, he moved the ball and himself that entire season. Kidd use to tell him, the ball will find you just keep moving moving and cutting once you give it up, it will find you again.

ES
Nalod
USA
1/16/2019  2:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I never really had a problem with any of those guys, because they were proven scorers. But there have been plenty of folks who have killed those guys for never passing the ball and being black holes.

Now with Knox being a 19 yr old and quite a few other young players around him, you can see that everyone(except frank) is taking this same route. Don't get me wrong, I love is aggressiveness, but with no balance, you just become a one trick pony

He obviously thinks this is the way to win games or win ROY, and fiz said (which i think he's 100% right) these guys are playing for new contracts.

That's a Bad Habit to play that way, why not teach him how to set a real screen for his teammates to get open..

It was a reason melo had his best season playing with Jason KIDD, he moved the ball and himself that entire season. Kidd use to tell him, the ball will find you just keep moving moving and cutting once you give it up, it will find you again.

Again, your superimposing your Rainman thought synapse pattern to others.
You don't know what he is thinking.
You on the other hand explain yours and we still don't understand you.

HofstraBBall

1/16/2019  2:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2019  2:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fair enough.
Think the push back would be that he is in his first year. Its crazy but he is just a couple of years removed from playing high school ball. Yes, Kid has a lot to learn but I like the fact he is so young and yet playing in the NBA with such confidence. That is hard to teach. Just look at how Frank has struggled with that. He lacks confidence and he has played pro ball for several years.

Think you have to be more patient with what Knox, Frank and Fiz ultimately turn into. Judging anyone this early is hard to agree with. Its also safe to say that any coach in the NBA, including Fiz, would be struggling to show any kind of cohesiveness with this group of inexperienced players. As I do with my asset holdings, you have to know which ones are long term and which ones are a day trade. The Knicks assets are long term holdings. However, do think we are two to five years away from getting in the playoffs. If we get some help in FA and KP comes backs strong.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
1/16/2019  3:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fair enough.
Think the push back would be that he is in his first year. Its crazy but he is just a couple of years removed from playing high school ball. Yes, Kid has a lot to learn but I like the fact he is so young and yet playing in the NBA with such confidence. That is hard to teach. Just look at how Frank has struggled with that. He lacks confidence and he has played pro ball for several years.

Think you have to be more patient with what Knox, Frank and Fiz ultimately turn into. Judging anyone this early is hard to agree with. Its also safe to say that any coach in the NBA, including Fiz, would be struggling to show any kind of cohesiveness with this group of inexperienced players. As I do with my asset holdings, you have to know which ones are long term and which ones are a day trade. The Knicks assets are long term holdings. However, do think we are two to five years away from getting in the playoffs. If we get some help in FA and KP comes backs strong.

The knicks and denver, are the 2 youngest teams in the league at 24.4 yrs old , one is tied for the best record in the league, and one is tied for the 2nd worst record in the league.

Do know why the winning % gap is enormous ?

ES
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  7:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fair enough.

The knicks and denver, are the 2 youngest teams in the league at 24.4 yrs old , one is tied for the best record in the league, and one is tied for the 2nd worst record in the league.

Because youth alone is not a defining measure.
Because Denver scores more points than it gives up.
Because they are different than the knicks.
Because their unicorn is not out for the season.
Because their coach and staff have been there a while.
Because they traded Melo.
Because they been “rebuilding” with picks then we did the last 5 years.

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/17/2019  9:40 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fair enough.

They have continuity. We don't. not yet anyway.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  11:18 AM
Because they play in a different time zone?
HofstraBBall

1/17/2019  12:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fair enough.

Think it was pointed out that the Knicks lost their best player in KP, most consistent wing (Lee) and second best scorer in Timmy. So continuity has been affected. They also have a new coach with 6 new players and 2 that joined in second half of last year. Denver's roster has been together a for a couple of years. They also added a very good player in Millsap. And yes, their young players are playing nicely.

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

1/17/2019  1:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2019  1:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Melo's career has a very low B.ball IQ on defensive-switching and poor passing .. something that always out-weighed Melo's high scoring in games. It were Melo's star teammates got Melo 50 win seasons (Iverson KMart Camby Billups and Jason Kidd all been to the FINALS before becoming Melo's teammates). Melo's high scoring never one any of his 3 teams a playoff series in his career!

Mudiay's low IQ as a PG (plus having very poor passing-skills) got him thrown out of Denver!

In Timmy Hardaway Jr. 5 yr career performance in the NBA, Timmy has never showed his worth to be above $5M per as a NBA player. Timmy had a half of a season in his contract year with Atlanta Hawks where his scoring performance looked promising coming off the bench as a 6th man role-player. As a Knick Timmy's scoring has been inconsistent, and every Knick opponent has scored on Timmy's lack of defensive effort.

Rookie FortKnox is a 19 yr old athletic scorer, that's a 3 to 4 yr Project to increase his low IQ on the defensive end of the court. Plus Knox also has a low IQ in screening and distributing the ball to teammates.
Yes .. team-ball project.

When you look at the Boston Celtics last 4 years of draft picks .. Tatum Brown Rozier and Smart, their first two season under Celtics coach Brad Stevens were mainly on how fast they run back to set-up on defense! Plus their main offensive-roles were moving without the ball to create screens and distributing the ball to get 3 to 5 touches before the shot.
We do not want Knox to perform like Carmelo Anthony !!!

knicks1248
1/17/2019  2:15 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Fair enough.

They have continuity. We don't. not yet anyway.

BINGO...they never consider tanking since departing from melo

They had no high draft picks since coach malone took over, and he has improve there record every season since he got there..and they have drafted according to needs, not talent

That's the only way your going to have continuity and a culture change, is to keep improving..

The more change we make the worse we get, and next season we will probably have 6 to 7 new players..once again

ES
Nalod
USA
1/17/2019  3:01 PM

So your saying you good with Fiz, the front office and the process?
Or....
The results first, then continuity?

If you can prove you have an MBA degree I'll eat my hat.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/18/2019  8:21 AM
Nalod wrote:
So your saying you good with Fiz, the front office and the process?
Or....
The results first, then continuity?

If you can prove you have an MBA degree I'll eat my hat.

This is hard to have it in early teens... or with brain developed and froze at this level.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
1/18/2019  8:29 AM
Culture improves with winning. Wow, no wonder we’ve been getting it wrong all these years!!
Knox leading by example AKA MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy