I want Vonley back next year
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2019  11:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Seems like every season we have a player requesting a trade..Kanter is definitely right, play me or trade me, dude is force to sit in a contract yr..wow...you go to a guy and straight lie to him telling him your going to play him (start him) and bench him the entire game..

This is just bad from A FA stand point..

first it was Jennings, then Melo, then Kuz, then willy, then noah, now kanter ..

You really want to argue that their performances were not justified to be benched?
Don't forget Marbles either.
You talk about winning and Kanter puts up good number but does not effect the game. We then play others who are contributing or will in the future and you complain again. Kanter got all kinds of starter minutes and put up good numbers and really adds little at the same time. Rockets play small ball and Kanter is at his worst on defense in that mode.
Rockets for all their woes are still 5th best in the west and we nearly won.

ANd your going to defend all those guys? Willy? We doubled our investment in him BTW. And Willy is nothing more than what he was here. Jennings got his chance. Kuz got paid nice and fulfilled his NBA dream. Now he is out. Noah? Your agenda driving again. He all but admitted to being a mess in NY and you go off on coaches benching him. He he played 10 a game for 7 games and has missed the last 3. My guess is Memphis if they are going nowhere will cut him.
Kanter? We are 10-34 if and he is a free agent that we won't likely resign. You think we are killing his trade value? We played him, he is a double double machine and you'll blame FO for lack of trade juice? GM's know his game. If he has any value he'd be in demand based on his on court play, not his benching.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/24/2019  12:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Seems like every season we have a player requesting a trade..Kanter is definitely right, play me or trade me, dude is force to sit in a contract yr..wow...you go to a guy and straight lie to him telling him your going to play him (start him) and bench him the entire game..

first it was Jennings, then Melo, then Kuz, then willy, then noah, now kanter ..

Jennings... who is this dude?
Melo... we give him 7 years to win...
Kuz... hello dude, where are you now?
Willy... showing great cheerleader skills
Noah... Weed is good... Weed with peds is better...
Kanter... What the hell are you doing here.. But who wants you?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/24/2019  12:19 PM
arkrud wrote:

Exactly.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/24/2019  12:53 PM
arkrud wrote:

Im not disagreeing with you...But don't lie to the guy

It's a certain way to handle things, and the knicks do a piss poor job at.

why no other franchise has this many disgruntled players season after season...

If you had no role for kanter you should have been traded him..

Our seasons only last a month or 2 before we're playing for ping pong balls..

You trade melo, and end up with the same problem a 1 yr and a half later for the guy you traded him for,

that's why I'm always saying mills is spinning wheels..round and round we go

ES
StarksEwing1

1/24/2019  1:31 PM
We have had many players this season who have been benched for a few games but they never whine about it. Kanter used to be a favorite of mine but the past month or so all the guy does is complain
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2019  1:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Im not disagreeing with you...But don't lie to the guy

It's a certain way to handle things, and the knicks do a piss poor job at.

why no other franchise has this many disgruntled players season after season...

If you had no role for kanter you should have been traded him..

Our seasons only last a month or 2 before we're playing for ping pong balls..

You trade melo, and end up with the same problem a 1 yr and a half later for the guy you traded him for,

that's why I'm always saying mills is spinning wheels..round and round we go

It was his first DNP. Such drama! Your agenda driving to make Kanter treatment like as if we treated Clyde to Cleveland!!

Certain way to handle it. Maybe don't whine to the press after one DNP.
"This many year after year"....That your opinion or you being Factorial?
One DNP and we should have traded him? first off its not about him, its about the team.
Second the game last night was winnable. In part because he did not play.
Melo was treated bad. he also treated knicks bad with empty words and promises. Works both ways.
Not happy either with how things are treated but Noah bought it on himself, and The only drama is one DNP with a guy that I like, but he talks about everything to the press.
Your blaming mills when I doubt he has anything to do with who plays. Perry is the GM and Fiz the coach.
Mills not spinning his wheels, that's your Rainman head replaying everything over and over.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/24/2019  1:45 PM
our record clearly sucks. Biggly.

But I don't understand the notion of dumping everyone.

A lot of the games we've played, they've been in it. Last night, one bad quarter, and we lose by 4 to a Houston Rocket team that has mr free throw if you look at me James Harden.

Put KP and our pick next year and a potential free agent, and we win last night.

We got a nice group that try like heck every night. They are learning and developing the knowledge and skills needed to be a winning franchise.

100% faith in Fizdale.

Gudris
Member: #6213

1/24/2019  1:47 PM
franco12 wrote:our record clearly sucks. Biggly.

A lot of the games we've played, they've been in it. Last night, one bad quarter, and we lose by 4 to a Houston Rocket team that has mr free throw if you look at me James Harden.

Put KP and our pick next year and a potential free agent, and we win last night.

We got a nice group that try like heck every night. They are learning and developing the knowledge and skills needed to be a winning franchise.

100% faith in Fizdale.

agree

StarksEwing1

1/24/2019  1:59 PM

100% faith in Fizdale.

I dont want to dump everyone. I would love to keep vonleh and possibly mudiay but they are up for raises and I dont know if we have the cap space for them and a big free agent
mlby1215
Member: #6486

1/24/2019  2:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2019  2:17 PM
This is why tanking usually doesn't work. Tanking will devalue everything a team has, and players are not slaves. Their contracts will expire one day. A tanking team will get new talents every year, then they are devalued, then they are expired and go to a better team to be better players.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/24/2019  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2019  3:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:We have had many players this season who have been benched for a few games but they never whine about it. Kanter used to be a favorite of mine but the past month or so all the guy does is complain

you know the saying it's not what you say, it's how you say it that make all the difference..

It just adds on to the so many reason top tier FA pass us by...

Its been the same thing for 6 yrs, play the vets in NOV/DEC...and then full blown development mode,

but the funny thing is, where are all the players we have been developing for the last 5 yrs?

Lets also not forget that KANTER has a history of bitching about PT since UTAH

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/24/2019  4:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2019  4:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:We have had many players this season who have been benched for a few games but they never whine about it. Kanter used to be a favorite of mine but the past month or so all the guy does is complain

you know the saying it's not what you say, it's how you say it that make all the difference..

It just adds on to the so many reason top tier FA pass us by...

Its been the same thing for 6 yrs, play the vets in NOV/DEC...and then full blown development mode,

but the funny thing is, where are all the players we have been developing for the last 5 yrs?

Lets also not forget that KANTER has a history of bitching about PT since UTAH

Why you taking 5 years as a measuring time.
Why not 1.5 year when on new FO, or not 20 under same ownership?
We can throw everything that transpired before Phil was fired back to Ewing trade out of the window.
It is water under the bridge and is irrelevant.
The only thing to be considered is cap, asset, and talent strapped team with best player down with major injury.
This how the new era started. We were worse that worthless for many years to come.
And we still in deep sth.
All we have is hope and all we need is patience.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/25/2019  10:36 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

100% faith in Fizdale.

I dont want to dump everyone. I would love to keep vonleh and possibly mudiay but they are up for raises and I dont know if we have the cap space for them and a big free agent

I agree- I would assume Vonleh can be kept cheap, not sure about Mudiay- and you're right, we're stuck between having some guys you want to keep, and then having the cap space to sign a major talent.

This is why making mistakes like signing Noah and Lee set back a franchise. THjr is probably in that same category.

find new homes for kanter vonleh mudiay burke

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy