[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes for Zach Randolph?
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/10/2019  9:28 AM
if we get back a prospect or, preferably, a second rounder back I would do it

Ben McLemore, Kosta Koufas, Georgios Papagiannis, Deyonta Davis, Frank Mason III, and Willie Cauley-Stein are all players that the Knicks don't need to pay moving forward. I don't think they'd include Davis or Willie. But I guy like Ben McLemore would fit in nicely here - former lotto pick that hasn't quite lived up to expectations. We cut zbo and get a free look at someone that in theory could play our way into our future

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/10/2019  9:38 AM
Uptown wrote:A move to open up minutes for Kornet and Robinson in the middle...at the same time move a vet on an expiring who has made it known that he is unhappy with his new role. Kanters unhappiness will only get worse after the allstar break if he gets a few DNPs....good to trim the fat now if we can.

The Kings have like 9 second round picks over the course of the next few years. Even if all those picks panned out, which is unlikely,they won't have the necessary roster space. I think we can take a few off their hands in possible deal. Don't care if Kanter is happy or not, but this move makes sense for both sides.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/10/2019  9:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:A move to open up minutes for Kornet and Robinson in the middle...at the same time move a vet on an expiring who has made it known that he is unhappy with his new role. Kanters unhappiness will only get worse after the allstar break if he gets a few DNPs....good to trim the fat now if we can.

The Kings have like 9 second round picks over the course of the next few years. Even if all those picks panned out, which is unlikely,they won't have the necessary roster space. I think we can take a few off their hands in possible deal. Don't care if Kanter is happy or not, but this move makes sense for both sides.

Trading a asset for nothing in return, makes sense?

Thats my problem with this FO, they get nothing or very little in all of their trades. They will just waive Kanter soon so he can sign with a PO team.

They really think they have what it takes to sign major FAs

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/10/2019  10:11 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Trading a asset for nothing in return, makes sense?

Thats my problem with this FO, they get nothing or very little in all of their trades. They will just waive Kanter soon so he can sign with a PO team.

They really think they have what it takes to sign major FAs

Kanter isn't coming back and cap space/picks are assets too. Z-bo is has been called a good vet mentor by a number of sources. I question, that, but I don't hang with the dude, so what do I know? If Enes was such an assets, we would have him dealt him a while ago. He's a rotation guy. If we can pick for him, while preserving cap space, then do it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/10/2019  10:20 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Only way this could benefit the Knicks is to expand to save some additional salary - maybe Kanter, C.Lee and T.Burke for ZBo, Koufos and Shump? Can't see any other combination of players to make this worthwhile unless a 3rd team is involved. Hope they pass and just let Kanter expire.

They gotta be looking at multiple 2nd rounders in exchange. Or as you said looking to dump additional salary. Maybe Kings offer 2 2nds to a 3rd team to re route Lee and get Kanter in exchange.3rd team would get Lee and 2 2nds for an expiring. Knicks will get all expirings back for Kanter and Lee. Basically using Kanter to dump Lee.

I don't see any way the Knicks trade Lee without attatching a player or a pick. I doubt anyone would think Burke is a sweetner, Dotson is a free agent. I really think the Knicks have to part with a 2nd round pick to trade Lee. Even that won't be possible until other teams decide they will strike out on free agents. There is just better ways to spend 12 million

They would be giving up the 2nd rounders acquired from the Kings and forwarding them to a 3rd team to dump Lee essentially.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/10/2019  11:19 AM
Jazz are .500 for the season. A disappointment thus far.
Grass is always greener. Jazz are a much better team than ours.
If you dumped Mitchell on this time straight up for Hardaway (Hypothetical) and asked him to carry the team
Im not sure his stats would as good as his are now.
Hardaway this season avg's 20 pts per game at 39%
Mitchell also 20ppg at 42%. One might surmise that Hardaway is the best player on a shyt team and has to force more shots thus his % is lower. Hardaway Career in my opinion should be measured by the last half of his ATL season and as a knick. My point is not are they equal. Mitchell is far younger and has upside. My point is Timmy is not a 1st option star in this league. He is paid an average wage for a shooting guard which is not a franchise killer by any stretch. What we have here is the fan's ire toward assigning blame and thinking if we rid of him we'll be better.
Front office did not sign him to be the man. he was signed to play with KP and Frank. Soon with KP, Frank and Knox. Maybe not Frank, then Mudiay. If not him, who the phuch knows but Timmy is not the problem.
If I do this.......
KP
Durant
Zion
Frank
Hardaway

You think by superimposing their current play is the linear restraint by which they will play always? No, they will play off each other and things will open up. Chemistry and a system of play will. Timmy as the 3rd or 4th option on a good team will no doubt work. What if he puts up 18 but shoots 45%? How does he do that? No chucking. Why? Cuz he won't have to.

I like Rubio, and he'd do well for Hardaway. He does well for Mitchell! Kinda makes sense now.
Rubio a pass first euro with limited shooting ability. On this team he'd be a mess and we'd be calling for his head.
Mitchell would be a high volume shooter and we'd be bitching about him.
The logic Rainman1248 presents makes me more confident the FO is looking beyond the moment. Im not confident about anything other than:

This team is a mess, we have KP, a likely top 5 pick, cap space and non stop rumors about KD, and two blue chip rookies that are still going thru puberty. As mentioned by Stephan A, the knicks have a functional FO, better publicity policy and team now, and a new coach that has a great reputation. How good and how fast this happens I don' t know.
But things are different, just not on the floor this season.

knicks1248
1/10/2019  12:43 PM
LegendD wrote:Need trade THJ to Kings like a bonus in Kanter deal.

what? for who?

ES
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
1/10/2019  1:05 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Degree of improvement?

The guy is shooting 39% from the field! He’s straight garbage.

A contingent of people here think that THJ is better than Bradley Beal.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/10/2019  2:03 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:If we acquire him, can Zach be traded before trading deadline for an even smaller expiring salary, that might get us the extra $ to land a marquee FA.

This question makes no sense.

Trading Kanter will not affect what cap space we have formthis offseason. Neither will trading Zach, unless you're taking on longer contracts.

I have no idea why I thought that trade exceptions add to cap space lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/10/2019  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2019  2:36 PM
This is a stupid trade for the Knicks. Bees is younger and should fetch a pick at least Zack has a foot out the door and will be cut probably. Still need a pick in return. This trade basically says Melo had no damn value. Which we knew.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/10/2019  3:54 PM
Vmart wrote:This is a stupid trade for the Knicks. Bees is younger and should fetch a pick at least Zack has a foot out the door and will be cut probably. Still need a pick in return. This trade basically says Melo had no damn value. Which we knew.
Not sure how Kanter fetches a pick. He is owed 18 mil and his contract is expiring. If the Knicks wanted to take back a longer deal for Kanter they could probably get a pick but the want to be players in free agency. ZBO has a good rep as a veteran mentor type. The Knicks don’t want aka tee after this year. He opted in for a pay day. Moving him and keeping the cap space makes sense. I have heard some suggest the Knicks might just buy him out
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
1/10/2019  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/10/2019  5:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:This is a stupid trade for the Knicks. Bees is younger and should fetch a pick at least Zack has a foot out the door and will be cut probably. Still need a pick in return. This trade basically says Melo had no damn value. Which we knew.
Not sure how Kanter fetches a pick. He is owed 18 mil and his contract is expiring. If the Knicks wanted to take back a longer deal for Kanter they could probably get a pick but the want to be players in free agency. ZBO has a good rep as a veteran mentor type. The Knicks don’t want aka tee after this year. He opted in for a pay day. Moving him and keeping the cap space makes sense. I have heard some suggest the Knicks might just buy him out

Why can't they just trade for a use full player and stop worrying about cap space. I mean you want to leave some cap space for a possible star, but to think your going to fill every spot with viable options is putting all your eggs in one basket and ending up with (AA, NOAH, KOQ, and DWILL)

ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/10/2019  5:09 PM

Kanter remind me of a young Zach Randolph, double-double offensive rebounding threat.
I been saying for decades after coach JVG quit "the Knicks has a LOSER coaching-staff that's clueless of Defense!". The right coaching-staff could get Kanter and KP to improve on defensive-end of the court.
As a 40 year Knick Fan .. Kanter has been the best scoring center on the roster since Ewing & Cartwright.
I would take Kanter at the center spot over MitchRob, Kornet, and KP everyday of the week.

I recall OKC Thunder were a dangerous team to battle against when they had Kanter/Adams/Ibaka/ and Durant in their front-court rotation. Adams 3 season with Kanter and Ibaka learned how to be a 2-Way dominating center.

If the Knicks (Mills/Perry) doesn't resign Kanter in the upcoming offseason the Knicks will become another Lottery team in the 2019-20 season. Why? The Knicks has not put together a tandem backcourt of guards to perform on the same page in 40 games this season, having six guards on the roster.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/10/2019  5:38 PM
The deal hasn't been made for a reason. And was probably made public for a reason. The fact that it was said that the Kings may look for a 3rd team as me believing the Knicks are either asking for assets or are looking to add a other player who Kings don't want to take on.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/10/2019  6:15 PM
Interesting that Kanter went home sick after showing up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/10/2019  10:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why can't they just trade for a use full player and stop worrying about cap space. I mean you want to leave some cap space for a possible star, but to think your going to fill every spot with viable options is putting all your eggs in one basket and ending up with (AA, NOAH, KOQ, and DWILL)

Who will trade useful player for useless Kanter?
And what is useful for Knicks? Please elaborate.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/10/2019  11:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The point is to do right by Kanter. Send him to a playoff team. He's untradeable except for someone like Zack so its a no-brainer.

Its not so much about cap space as much it is in not taking on another needy vet or mediocre rotation player who steals time and attention from the kids.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/11/2019  11:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Build a case perhaps using precedent to justify Kanters value beyond your personal view that Front office is incompetent at all levels
Kanter has trade value beyond "cuz that's what I think". Don't worry about what we think, it has no baring on what Management does. We don't enable them at any level. If fans do they should be fired. Dolan is the won to worry about!!

Enes for Zach Randolph?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy