[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes for Zach Randolph?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/9/2019  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2019  2:43 PM
As per wojo...

Definitely more to it.... I dunno if ESPN got him tabloid tweeting now, but when he tweets there's usually something real to it.

Thoughts?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/9/2019  2:49 PM

Thoughts? Its good for Enes and good that knicks don't c**k block a player trying to get stats for a contract.
Im sure some of you want a second round pick but fact is few are given for expirings unless there is a market for enes. Why pay for something you can get for free this summer unless you really need it? Also he is not a player every team wants or needs. So I think its a good idea for both teams.
We don't need Zach to be a coach. We have plenty of them.
We lose plenty with Enes in the middle. I'd rather give the minutes to Hicks or thinking someone got to go if KP returns. I like Enes. I want him to play and get paid. In Sacremento.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/9/2019  3:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2019  3:06 PM
A move to open up minutes for Kornet and Robinson in the middle...at the same time move a vet on an expiring who has made it known that he is unhappy with his new role. Kanters unhappiness will only get worse after the allstar break if he gets a few DNPs....good to trim the fat now if we can.
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

1/9/2019  4:18 PM
I’ve been watching a lot of kings games lately and they are definitely a fun young team to watch. I wonder if their FO has comes to terms with not being a marquee destination for free agents and are willing to take on long term contracts in trades to acquire talent.

If we include Tim and lance with Enes it’ll be quite a lot of scoring power going to the kings bench and help them make a stronger playoff push. Add in Burke too who doesn’t seem to have a future in ny.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaxrpqkl

Fox, Burke, Ferrel
Hield/Hardaway
Bogdanovic/Jackson/Thomas
Bagley/Bjelica
Kanter/WCS/Giles

I’ve become a fan of the young kings in watching their games and think that such a trade would give them a much more balanced team to take the next step. The kings have shown a consistent inability to appeal to marquee FA and this move gives them depth to make a run.

For the Knicks it will open close to 40 mil in cap space for this offseason and create another opening at SG for draft options such as RJ barrett Incase we don’t land #1 and Zion.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/9/2019  4:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2019  4:34 PM
ankurk wrote:I’ve been watching a lot of kings games lately and they are definitely a fun young team to watch. I wonder if their FO has comes to terms with not being a marquee destination for free agents and are willing to take on long term contracts in trades to acquire talent.

If we include Tim and lance with Enes it’ll be quite a lot of scoring power going to the kings bench and help them make a stronger playoff push. Add in Burke too who doesn’t seem to have a future in ny.

Fox, Burke, Ferrel
Hield/Hardaway
Bagley/Bjelica
Kanter/WCS/Giles

I’ve become a fan of the young kings in watching their games and think that such a trade would give them a much more balanced team to take the next step. The kings have shown a consistent inability to appeal to marquee FA and this move gives them depth to make a run.

For the Knicks it will open close to 40 mil in cap space for this offseason and create another opening at SG for draft options such as RJ barrett Incase we don’t land #1 and Zion.

The Kings have said they are not going to risk future cap space to win now.

And let's be realistic on Brickaway - he is a garbage contract.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2019  5:02 PM
Randolph has a very good reputation as a mentor/leader. Bringing in a guy that is ok with the role he will have while giving Kanter a chance to get numbers and playing time is definitely a win for the Knicks. ZBo/Shump for Burke/Kanter works. The Knicks also get a little more cap space in that deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

1/9/2019  5:26 PM
damn, how about thj for rubio also?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/9/2019  6:12 PM
dacash wrote:damn, how about thj for rubio also?

Donovan Mitchell > THJr

Besides, the Jazz are a resourceful franchise and has consistently shown that they can do wonders with cap space. No way they commit $18 million of said cap space to a dude like Hardaway Jr.; only dysfunctional franchises do that.

NardDogNation

1/9/2019  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2019  6:46 PM
ankurk wrote:I’ve been watching a lot of kings games lately and they are definitely a fun young team to watch. I wonder if their FO has comes to terms with not being a marquee destination for free agents and are willing to take on long term contracts in trades to acquire talent.

Fox, Burke, Ferrel
Hield/Hardaway
Bagley/Bjelica
Kanter/WCS/Giles

I don't think this makes the Kings a playoff team. So why would they do it before having the opportunity to re-assess their team during free agency?

Maybe the Grizzlies might have interest in Hardaway Jr. Ever since this past draft, I've wondered if we could consolidate Hardaway and Lee's contracts for Chandler Parsons and an asset. The Grizzlies need floor spacers and I would imagine they'd have some interest in that package if it offered the opportunity to turn dead money into production. And with Chandler Parsons being banished from the team, I think it only increases the Grizzlies' willingness to get something for him rather than burn all that money. I wonder if they'd be willing to offer a reasonably protected first round pick in that type of deal? And would that reasonably protected first round pick and an asset we'd provide be enough to dump Parsons outright?

It's a shame the Grizzlies weren't able to land Kelly Oubre. He's the type of player the Kings would want and be willing to accept the one year, $24 million left on Parson's contract as a consequence. Maybe we could offer the Suns cash to get Oubre involved.

There are a lot of moving parts in this but...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9jbu2su

...with the Grizzlies giving up a decently protected first round pick to the Kings and us giving the Suns $5.3 million. That seems like more than enough for a team that doesn't need Oubre and will lose him in free agency anyway.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/9/2019  6:42 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

Donovan Mitchell > THJr

Besides, the Jazz are a resourceful franchise and has consistently shown that they can do wonders with cap space. No way they commit $18 million of said cap space to a dude like Hardaway Jr.; only dysfunctional franchises do that.

truth. He has shown a certain degree of improvement this year, but still ridiculously overpaid.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
JamesKPolk

1/9/2019  6:54 PM
Degree of improvement?

The guy is shooting 39% from the field! He’s straight garbage.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

1/9/2019  6:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Donovan Mitchell > THJr

truth. He has shown a certain degree of improvement this year, but still ridiculously overpaid.

i agree, my apologies for not going in full been busy.
mitchell is listed as a point, so is rubio and exum in fact i think grayson allen is the only shooting guard. exum has been picking up steam as of late with rubio battling back n leg injuries, the swap would give us a nother expiring while giving the jazz a sg that can either play along side either mitchell as a starter or exum off the bench. with both kanter and thj gone thats load of space, imagine if they got rid of lee too
NardDogNation

1/9/2019  7:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2019  7:39 PM
dacash wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Donovan Mitchell > THJr

i agree, my apologies for not going in full been busy.
mitchell is listed as a point, so is rubio and exum in fact i think grayson allen is the only shooting guard. exum has been picking up steam as of late with rubio battling back n leg injuries, the swap would give us a nother expiring while giving the jazz a sg that can either play along side either mitchell as a starter or exum off the bench. with both kanter and thj gone thats load of space, imagine if they got rid of lee too

Rubio- even hampered by an injury- is a better value proposition than Hardaway Jr. The same can be said for everyone else you mentioned on the Jazz except Grayson Allen. The Jazz are especially thrifty and I can't see them trading for Hardaway without an asset attached.

And for what it's worth, Exum is out several weeks with an ankle sprain. Doubt the Jazz Rubio now without getting a PG in return.

NardDogNation

1/9/2019  7:41 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Donovan Mitchell > THJr

Yeah. I can't see us moving Hardaway without an asset attached or for a bad player with a more appealing contract. It can be done but we'd have to get creative.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/10/2019  12:20 AM
If we acquire him, can Zach be traded before trading deadline for an even smaller expiring salary, that might get us the extra $ to land a marquee FA.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
JamesKPolk

1/10/2019  1:16 AM
Cartman718 wrote:If we acquire him, can Zach be traded before trading deadline for an even smaller expiring salary, that might get us the extra $ to land a marquee FA.

This question makes no sense.

Trading Kanter will not affect what cap space we have formthis offseason. Neither will trading Zach, unless you're taking on longer contracts.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/10/2019  1:39 AM
Only way this could benefit the Knicks is to expand to save some additional salary - maybe Kanter, C.Lee and T.Burke for ZBo, Koufos and Shump? Can't see any other combination of players to make this worthwhile unless a 3rd team is involved. Hope they pass and just let Kanter expire.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/10/2019  2:24 AM
jskinny35 wrote:Only way this could benefit the Knicks is to expand to save some additional salary - maybe Kanter, C.Lee and T.Burke for ZBo, Koufos and Shump? Can't see any other combination of players to make this worthwhile unless a 3rd team is involved. Hope they pass and just let Kanter expire.

They gotta be looking at multiple 2nd rounders in exchange. Or as you said looking to dump additional salary. Maybe Kings offer 2 2nds to a 3rd team to re route Lee and get Kanter in exchange.3rd team would get Lee and 2 2nds for an expiring. Knicks will get all expirings back for Kanter and Lee. Basically using Kanter to dump Lee.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/10/2019  7:48 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Only way this could benefit the Knicks is to expand to save some additional salary - maybe Kanter, C.Lee and T.Burke for ZBo, Koufos and Shump? Can't see any other combination of players to make this worthwhile unless a 3rd team is involved. Hope they pass and just let Kanter expire.

They gotta be looking at multiple 2nd rounders in exchange. Or as you said looking to dump additional salary. Maybe Kings offer 2 2nds to a 3rd team to re route Lee and get Kanter in exchange.3rd team would get Lee and 2 2nds for an expiring. Knicks will get all expirings back for Kanter and Lee. Basically using Kanter to dump Lee.

I don't see any way the Knicks trade Lee without attatching a player or a pick. I doubt anyone would think Burke is a sweetner, Dotson is a free agent. I really think the Knicks have to part with a 2nd round pick to trade Lee. Even that won't be possible until other teams decide they will strike out on free agents. There is just better ways to spend 12 million

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
1/10/2019  9:13 AM
Need trade THJ to Kings like a bonus in Kanter deal.
Enes for Zach Randolph?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy