[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

tim to new orleans idea
Author Thread
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

1/2/2019  7:51 PM
Tim for Solomon Hill and their first

With the pressure of AD potentially wanting out on the pels - is it too far fetched that they look to make a move and part with their first rounder to get more firepower into their lineup and make a playoff push?

Worst case - they make a playoff run and the first rounder sucks but we shed tim
Best case - they suck even with tim and we get a late lottery pick in addition to a salary dump

If im being an unrealistic fan how about adding frank to it and taking back the expiring of wesley johnson?

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/2/2019  10:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2019  10:29 PM
ankurk wrote:Tim for Solomon Hill and their first

With the pressure of AD potentially wanting out on the pels - is it too far fetched that they look to make a move and part with their first rounder to get more firepower into their lineup and make a playoff push?

Worst case - they make a playoff run and the first rounder sucks but we shed tim
Best case - they suck even with tim and we get a late lottery pick in addition to a salary dump

If im being an unrealistic fan how about adding frank to it and taking back the expiring of wesley johnson?

What you are cleaning cap for?
For KD who will not come?
This kind of moves are done when team has a verbal agreement with the star to come as FA.
Otherwise it is useless.
We need assets not blank cap space.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/2/2019  11:36 PM
arkrud wrote:

What you are cleaning cap for?
For KD who will not come?
This kind of moves are done when team has a verbal agreement with the star to come as FA.
Otherwise it is useless.
We need assets not blank cap space.

....cap space IS an asset. You can practically get anything you want with it in the right market.

NardDogNation

1/2/2019  11:45 PM

Adding Frank would be overkill. I think that you're trade is perfectly fine otherwise.

Dell Demps is on the hotseat and history shows he is willing to mortgage the future to save his job (see the CP3 trade to LAL). With his back against the wall, I think he'll take on long-term salary to make the team only incrementally better. After all, the Pelicans seem to be averse to developing players so I doubt that first round pick will have much value to them especially in a weak draft.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
1/3/2019  12:07 AM
All for that trade. Then put C.Lee in the starting line-up to build up his trade value; or keep him to continue mentoring the younger guys while being an expiring contract for next season.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
1/3/2019  12:15 AM
Or expand the trade to Hardaway,Kanter, & Burke for
Nicola Mirotec (expiring), Wesley Johnson (expiring), Solomon Hill & 1st
NardDogNation

1/3/2019  9:15 AM
TLover wrote:All for that trade. Then put C.Lee in the starting line-up to build up his trade value; or keep him to continue mentoring the younger guys while being an expiring contract for next season.

Or in a seperate trade with NOP, trade Lee for Wesley Johnson and Ian Clark; both of whom are expirers. We'd essentially clear $11 million immediately after the trade,$17 million overall for the 2019 offseason.

NardDogNation

1/3/2019  9:15 AM
TLover wrote:Or expand the trade to Hardaway,Kanter, & Burke for

Mirotic is a more valuable player than Kanter. Why would the Pelicans do that deal?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/3/2019  9:25 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
TLover wrote:Or expand the trade to Hardaway,Kanter, & Burke for

Mirotic is a more valuable player than Kanter. Why would the Pelicans do that deal?

And why would anyone include a 1st rounder for any deal involving Kanter? Is Solomon Hill's contract that bad?

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/3/2019  6:11 PM

Stupid ass post. New Orleans has the 7th WORST record in the league. They are NOT trading a 1st rnd pick for Tim Hardaway. NO F'in WAY! Ainge would somehow sleeze in and make a trade to get this pick.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/3/2019  9:25 PM

I don't think you get a first-rounder back either.

I keep watching the Chandler Parsons drama in Memphis. Timmy and Hezonja for Parsons works more or less.

Not sure what Parsons has left in the tank but I'd roll those dice. And if not Timmy then maybe Kanter and an expendable.

fwk00

1/3/2019  10:14 PM
The other player who might be available is Detroit's Reggie Jackson who is choking there. Would they take Lee and Mudiay in straight exchange?

What's tricky here is that Jackson is a bit older. But if he rehabbed back to his previous self, he'd take the heat off Frankie and backcourt crew for a few years and allow them to develop. There's no cost savings in this trade. RJ becomes the starting PG for a year or two or until he wears out the welcome. It's a risky deal in some ways but an interesting accelerator of the rebuild if it worked.

Detroit maybe saves its season with the addition of Lee and loses little in RJ's departure.

NardDogNation

1/4/2019  12:24 AM
fwk00 wrote:

I keep watching the Chandler Parsons drama in Memphis. Timmy and Hezonja for Parsons works more or less.

Not sure what Parsons has left in the tank but I'd roll those dice. And if not Timmy then maybe Kanter and an expendable.

Why would we give up the better player and take on worse money? What you're suggesting would be a coup for the Grizzlies.

NardDogNation

1/4/2019  12:26 AM
fwk00 wrote:The other player who might be available is Detroit's Reggie Jackson who is choking there. Would they take Lee and Mudiay in straight exchange?

What's tricky here is that Jackson is a bit older. But if he rehabbed back to his previous self, he'd take the heat off Frankie and backcourt crew for a few years and allow them to develop. There's no cost savings in this trade. RJ becomes the starting PG for a year or two or until he wears out the welcome. It's a risky deal in some ways but an interesting accelerator of the rebuild if it worked.

Detroit maybe saves its season with the addition of Lee and loses little in RJ's departure.

I think Reggie Jackson has no value in this league and will likely be relegated to accepting one-year minimum deals for the rest of his career, if he intends on staying in the NBA. Courtney Lee might be an older player but he still has value to a contender.

fwk00

1/4/2019  12:29 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Why would we give up the better player and take on worse money? What you're suggesting would be a coup for the Grizzlies.

It's a risky deal but it does move Timmy to a contender and kinda sorta allows the FO to package Hezonja without losing face.

Iff (If and only if) Parsons still has some game it might be a trade worth making.

NardDogNation

1/4/2019  12:33 AM
fwk00 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

It's a risky deal but it does move Timmy to a contender and kinda sorta allows the FO to package Hezonja without losing face.

Iff (If and only if) Parsons still has some game it might be a trade worth making.

Parson hasn't played in nearly 2 full seasons. Why is there any expectation he has any game left? And why would we add nearly $7 million to our payroll to find out?

fwk00

1/4/2019  12:36 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:The other player who might be available is Detroit's Reggie Jackson who is choking there. Would they take Lee and Mudiay in straight exchange?

I think Reggie Jackson has no value in this league and will likely be relegated to accepting one-year minimum deals for the rest of his career, if he intends on staying in the NBA. Courtney Lee might be an older player but he still has value to a contender.

Yes, Lee has value to a contender. We aren't that. Why not let him get some playoff cash? He's a hard contract to move not because of talent but because of contract.

Maybe RJ is a bum, maybe not. If Fizdale can turn him back around he's useful in ways neither Lee nor Mud are.

Most of the guys we have to deal are from the Island of broken toys and that's the market we would be exchanging disappointments.

We won't be getting blue chip players back for our goods. Its better to think about doing right by our deserving guys than to imagine deals that are steals.

fwk00

1/4/2019  12:41 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

Parson hasn't played in nearly 2 full seasons. Why is there any expectation he has any game left? And why would we add nearly $7 million to our payroll to find out?

This is just me talking aloud but $7M is a cheap cost to get rid of THJ and Hezonja or Kanter and filler, IMO. I'm not buying into the MAX FA fantasies. Don't want any.

NardDogNation

1/4/2019  12:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2019  12:47 AM
fwk00 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Yes, Lee has value to a contender. We aren't that. Why not let him get some playoff cash? He's a hard contract to move not because of talent but because of contract.

Maybe RJ is a bum, maybe not. If Fizdale can turn him back around he's useful in ways neither Lee nor Mud are.

Most of the guys we have to deal are from the Island of broken toys and that's the market we would be exchanging disappointments.

We won't be getting blue chip players back for our goods. Its better to think about doing right by our deserving guys than to imagine deals that are steals.

I'm not suggesting we could get blue chip players back. But there is no need to rescue other teams from worse decisions. I think Courtney Lee's value at least requires an expiring contract/financial flexibility and a second round pick in exchange. The JR Smith-Iman Shumpert trade set the market for this type of trade.

NardDogNation

1/4/2019  12:46 AM
fwk00 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

This is just me talking aloud but $7M is a cheap cost to get rid of THJ and Hezonja or Kanter and filler, IMO. I'm not buying into the MAX FA fantasies. Don't want any.

We're getting rid of THJr to get a more expensive player that is also a worse asset. That logic doesn't make sense. I'm not a proponent of trying to sign anyone to the max but that doesn't mean we should be a charity, either.

tim to new orleans idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy