[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks at Jazz
Author Thread
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

12/29/2018  11:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:This is the future that some of you are so excited about and enjoying....lol..ok

The team has very little talent. They need to get top draft picks to build their talent level.

Not sure why this is so complicated for you.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/29/2018  11:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:This is the future that some of you are so excited about and enjoying....lol..ok
. If you honestly think the future will be like this then you are a good. Yes tonight stunk but for the most part this team has battled hard this season. This is the reality of a young team without KP. I doubt those veterans you crave so much would do much better. At least we know the future will be good

Do you hear yourself...

Veterans and youth just cracked our asses just now,

battling my fckng ass, these dudes play hard for 5 minutes, and are clueless for the othe 43 minutes.We were expected to win 29 games this season, we will lucky to win 15..we are worse than the 17 win season(and they can blame that on the triangle)

not only is the talent straight G league, they don't care(and i keep telling u that )the effort isn't there at all

ES
knicks1248
12/29/2018  11:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2018  11:19 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:

The team has very little talent. They need to get top draft picks to build their talent level.

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

go look at any roster in the NBA and see if they have that many high picks on their roster..

The draft dont mean sht if you pick suspect players

ES
knicks1248
12/29/2018  11:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2018  11:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:So when does Fizdale get benched? This is the worst coach the Knicks have had in many years.

Yeah...lets bring back Hornacek..oh wait, I mean Fisher...This is a players league...cant win without talent

Its not like the front office thinks they assembled a roster that will compete for a playoff berth. This isn't an accidental tank.

You know what all 3 of these coaches have in common(FISHER jh, fiz)..THE LACK OF HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE, and buddy buddy bull sht assisants like rambis and keith smart who has been fired twices..gsw, kings..

ES
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/29/2018  11:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

go look at any roster in the NBA and see if they have that many high picks on their roster..

KP is a suspect player?

Point is, it's very easy to pick out the busts. Now pick out Embiid, Doncic, Durant, Westbrook, etc. If you have the right scouts, which I think we are pretty decent in that department, you will end up with a good to great player. We didn't draft any of those other guys besides Frank and Knox, both of whom we still don't know what their careers will look like.

Good franchises rebuild like this. They take their lumps and draft their star players. Dumb franchises do what the Knicks have done for 18 years prior, which is make irrational trades and signings to try to satisfy fans like you who want to see an 8th seed run.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/29/2018  11:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Vmart wrote:So when does Fizdale get benched? This is the worst coach the Knicks have had in many years.

Yeah...lets bring back Hornacek..oh wait, I mean Fisher...This is a players league...cant win without talent

Its not like the front office thinks they assembled a roster that will compete for a playoff berth. This isn't an accidental tank.

No doubt...But when fans make comments like "Bench the coach" or complain about losses, its a reminder hat most Knick fans aint patient enough to rebuild in NY

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/29/2018  11:40 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

KP is a suspect player?

Point is, it's very easy to pick out the busts. Now pick out Embiid, Doncic, Durant, Westbrook, etc. If you have the right scouts, which I think we are pretty decent in that department, you will end up with a good to great player. We didn't draft any of those other guys besides Frank and Knox, both of whom we still don't know what their careers will look like.

Good franchises rebuild like this. They take their lumps and draft their star players. Dumb franchises do what the Knicks have done for 18 years prior, which is make irrational trades and signings to try to satisfy fans like you who want to see an 8th seed run.

Exactly
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/30/2018  12:08 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
. If you honestly think the future will be like this then you are a goof. Yes tonight stunk but for the most part this team has battled hard this season. This is the reality of a young team without KP. I doubt those veterans you crave so much would do much better. At least we know the future will be good

You Sure? We have years of this before we sniff being good. Knox is a negative impct player, his analytics are putrid. They were bad at Kentucky too. Frank is a bench player.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/30/2018  2:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

OK genius, how many of those players did the Knicks actually draft.

It's VERY COMMON for badly run and cap locked teams, in any sport, to have former high draft picks that were busts trying to reboot their career or find a place as a role player on a team.

The Knicks can, in theory, trade for players who might help ( like how the Rockets traded for Harden) but to do that, you need DRAFT PICKS and young assets acquired through the draft to trade in the first place. But trades like these are exceptions to the marketplace and are not a regular feature of the system. The Rockets suffered for years, unable to find a franchise player because they were under orders to not tank.

The draft is a ****ing crapshoot. But what other choice is there? You've been asked this for years with zero answer.

You also seem to ignore the issue that in any team building situation, sometimes you will miss on picks. The Warriors drafted Patrick O'Bryant after they drafted Steph Curry. It happens.

Misses are not proof that building through the draft does not work, misses are proof that building through the draft is a low percentage risk/reward situation where there are NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES.

At this point, you are just **** posting.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/30/2018  9:07 AM
Many successful assistant coaches became good ones after a few seasons.
And you need good players.
And you need time.
And for some fans to take it all in you need intelligence.
It’s easy to rant on the obvious.
This is my team and this is my choice.
Rainman is a child who thinks he is above it. Fans are disappointed. Most of knew being a bottom dweller would mean losing games and by doing so have to see ****ty play.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/30/2018  10:01 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

KP is a suspect player?

Unfortunately we have been going out of our to collect the busts. Which then makes arguments like this somewhat feasible. I was in favor of doing this but after having seen what they are, we should have cut them loose, instead we are trying to play the busts and resurrect their careers while ignoring our own picks. Only Noah is worth keeping. Mario, Mudiay and Burke are scrubs. Should not be on our active roster. The three of them put together don't play enough defense for a single average NBA player. I am all for building through the draft, but I am not subscribed to starfukking "potential" through other team's busts. The knicks just don't have the discipline to rebuild.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/30/2018  10:24 AM
Nalod wrote:Many successful assistant coaches became good ones after a few seasons.
And you need good players.
And you need time.
And for some fans to take it all in you need intelligence.
It's easy to rant on the obvious.
This is my team and this is my choice.
Rainman is a child who thinks he is above it. Fans are disappointed. Most of knew being a bottom dweller would mean losing games and by doing so have to see ****ty play.
Absolutely. 99 percent of people understood this. This is rebuilding. Obviously having KP out the entire year makes it harder BUT injuries happen. Just trading away picks/youth like we always did never worked.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/30/2018  11:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

KP is a suspect player?

Unfortunately we have been going out of our to collect the busts. Which then makes arguments like this somewhat feasible. I was in favor of doing this but after having seen what they are, we should have cut them loose, instead we are trying to play the busts and resurrect their careers while ignoring our own picks. Only Noah is worth keeping. Mario, Mudiay and Burke are scrubs. Should not be on our active roster. The three of them put together don't play enough defense for a single average NBA player. I am all for building through the draft, but I am not subscribed to starfukking "potential" through other team's busts. The knicks just don't have the discipline to rebuild.

Mario is not playing anymore. He has been out of the rotation for about 2 weeks. Knox is playing 34 minutes a game in December. Burke was hurt and only got to play last night because Mudiay sprained his ankle. Frank is still getting 18+ minutes a night despite having almost no impact on offense on the court. The last 7 games Frank is shooting 23 % from the field and 20% from three. He has taken 8 free throws in 7 games and is shooting just 50% from the line during that span. I think Fiz is committed to giving Frank the back up point minutes no matter how he plays but I am not sure you can make a case to give Frank more than that at this time. Also, unlike Mario and Burke, the front office traded for Mudiay so the investment is a bit different then a guy that they get as a free agent on a one year deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/30/2018  11:18 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

No doubt...But when fans make comments like "Bench the coach" or complain about losses, its a reminder hat most Knick fans aint patient enough to rebuild in NY

I don’t think you guys really care to see how bad a coach Fizdale is. You guys have blinders on its okay. If you watch the Knicks you will see how poorly they play. They have no system if you have a young team they need a system. Right now they are running a shyt show of who can get theirs.

Fizdale is a horrendous coach. Perry and Mills have to go also. People are gonna say you can’t rebuild in NY and all that jazz. But the truth is rebuilding has to do with teaching and having a system of play that put the team in a good position to win or learn something. They aren’t learning jack out there but how to get their butt kicked.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/30/2018  11:21 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown

12/30/2018  5:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2018  5:35 PM
Vmart wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I don’t think you guys really care to see how bad a coach Fizdale is. You guys have blinders on its okay. If you watch the Knicks you will see how poorly they play. They have no system if you have a young team they need a system. Right now they are running a shyt show of who can get theirs.

Fizdale is a horrendous coach. Perry and Mills have to go also. People are gonna say you can’t rebuild in NY and all that jazz. But the truth is rebuilding has to do with teaching and having a system of play that put the team in a good position to win or learn something. They aren’t learning jack out there but how to get their butt kicked.

Do you have access to the film room when the coaches and players are breaking down film? Do you attend practices or have access to practice plans? Do you speak with the coaches who are in charge of player development?! If the answers are no, then how the hell do you know what's being taught or learned when all you have is knick games on your tv?!?! It takes months, years for most young players to absorb everything being taught and for them grow into the players they are going to be. You want instant gratification which goes back to my initial post of your lack of pateints...

Speaking of your lack of patients, Brett Brown lost 63 games I believe in his 1st season in philly. According to you he should have been fired after his first season. He lost 72 the year after that...a few years later, he coaches the Sixers to 50 plus wins...did he all of a sudden learn to coach or did he finally get legit, NBA talent?! Its unfair to judge any coach with out legit talent...

Uptown

12/30/2018  5:45 PM
Vmart wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

On another note, if you haven't seen some improvement in Vonleh as a player from last year to this, and Mudiays improvement from last year to this, Knox improvement from the beginning of the season til now, you are the one with the blinders on!

And yes, let's fire a front office that's finally preaching patients, not trading away picks, opening up cap space, building through the draft and building the right way..You must be a butt hurt Phil Jackson fan

meloshouldgo

12/30/2018  6:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

burke pick 9
knox pick 9
mudiay pick 7
mario pick 5
frank pick 8
noah pick 9
Kp pick 4

KP is a suspect player?

Mario is not playing anymore. He has been out of the rotation for about 2 weeks. Knox is playing 34 minutes a game in December. Burke was hurt and only got to play last night because Mudiay sprained his ankle. Frank is still getting 18+ minutes a night despite having almost no impact on offense on the court. The last 7 games Frank is shooting 23 % from the field and 20% from three. He has taken 8 free throws in 7 games and is shooting just 50% from the line during that span. I think Fiz is committed to giving Frank the back up point minutes no matter how he plays but I am not sure you can make a case to give Frank more than that at this time. Also, unlike Mario and Burke, the front office traded for Mudiay so the investment is a bit different then a guy that they get as a free agent on a one year deal.

There's no point in rehashing the same conversation. What Frank does well, he does at an elite level. What every other player on the roster does well, they are barely league average. Fukk Mudiay, Burke and Mario and Kanter. These players don't play defense, Mudiay and Burke are chuckers, Mario is garbage and Kanter is not a good player player. None of them should get any minutes because of who they are. You trying to make this about just shows your agenda.

meloshouldgo

12/30/2018  6:25 PM
Vmart wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Exactly. Some fans are more interested in seeing the same type of selfish me first players being rehabbed as long as they can wrap some bull **** about a rebuild into their arguments. These people have zero intention of growing though the draft. They are still following the short term fix and still rooting for the same style of failed basketball the Melo represented.

Uptown

12/30/2018  6:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Exactly. Some fans are more interested in seeing the same type of selfish me first players being rehabbed as long as they can wrap some bull **** about a rebuild into their arguments. These people have zero intention of growing though the draft. They are still following the short term fix and still rooting for the same style of failed basketball the Melo represented.

Who are These People!!! Two posts up I mention my support for the front office and their vision to rebuild the right way and have praised Perry and Mills for their patients...

You just want Knicks to build the way you see fit and only with the players you like....when Frank got benched, and Mudiay was playing well, you vanished from the game threads...your the one that gets upset when the "wrong Knick" plays well...its all about the front if the jersey for me, but it seems like you care more about the names on the back
..you are last person on this board that should be accusing anyone of having an agenda!!

GameThread: Knicks at Jazz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy