LeBron, Coach Killer
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/17/2019  6:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fwk00 wrote:LA is not working for him. It's the land of entitlement. LeBron's a working class hero - East Coast style.

I think he's going to be gone from LA soon. This ain't about Walton, its about LA culture.

Walton has a hand in this too...They were bad before LeBron got there...Walton hasn't done anything to prove he can coach in this league...When you sign LeBron, the goal is to try and win championships. So, the goal should be to bring in a coach with a championship resume.

Never understood this coach killer theme...Blatt is the only one who was fired after 1 year with LeBron and the very next year they win a 'chip and Blatt has yet to resurface back in the NBA. Blatt was brought there to rebuild, but when LeBron decided to go back home, plans change.

One thing people rarely mention when they compare Lebron to Jordan and Kobe....Both MJ and Kobe and won all their chips with the best coach in the history of the game, none without him...LeBron won rings with Eric Spolstra and Tyron Lue for crying out loud.

I think he might have tried to get Spo out when he initially got to Miami and they weren't doing well initially.

I do remember reading something like that...But, a legend and champion like Riley was able to lower any concern that LeBron may have had with a young coach like Spo. If you remember, when they traded for Shaq, they lost in the ECF and the next year, Riles fired Van Gundy and took over himself to win the championship. You need championship experience and leadership at coach and or in the front office when you bring in a championship level player. If the expectations are to win 'chips.

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

4/10/2019  4:08 PM
Time to move LeBron.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/10/2019  9:37 PM
fwk00 wrote:Time to move LeBron.
Why
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/11/2019  9:43 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Why

Because he doesn't like him.

fwk00

4/11/2019  4:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Why

LeBron is to LA today as Melo was to the Knicks, OKC, and Houston in these last years. LA is a team that needs to contend and not become a nursing home for LeBron and his clown-car of cast-offs.
Cartman718

4/12/2019  6:50 PM
fwk00 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Why

LeBron is to LA today as Melo was to the Knicks, OKC, and Houston in these last years. LA is a team that needs to contend and not become a nursing home for LeBron and his clown-car of cast-offs.

again....why? if you don't like lebron...keep him in LA...his playoff days are over. and the lakers suck at the same time...sounds like a win win to me. unless of course...you are a lakers fan....are you?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/13/2019  11:52 AM
fwk00 wrote:I can't help but think that LeBron may get traded at season's end. He may have met a coach in Like Walton who has more charisma than he has left in the tank.

Just speculating.

And if he does come available, would NY be interested at all?

Looks like Walton's charisma lost to what LeBron still has left in the tank!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2019  2:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2019  3:15 PM
MY take is Walton had years and did not get the job done. In that time the whole franchise changed direction.
Walton is the 5th coach since Phil left 9 years ago. They the shyt showtime knicks.
Walton should want to leave as well. This season they were 20-14 after bad start and then injuries mounted and Magic/Lebron messed up with the AD thing.
If you hate Lebron you blame him. IN my view Magic pulled an Isiah, had the wrong roster with the wrong coach headed by Lebron who was really playing some of the best ball of his career until he got hurt.
Seems the timeline was all messed up.
Pelinka was a bad hire too. This is all on Jeannie. She is the boss.
Amazing inept Laker front office. Seems they all just look at the trophy case, convince themselves because they are the lakers it all will be good.
fwk00

4/13/2019  3:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fwk00 wrote:I can't help but think that LeBron may get traded at season's end. He may have met a coach in Like Walton who has more charisma than he has left in the tank.

Just speculating.

And if he does come available, would NY be interested at all?

Looks like Walton's charisma lost to what LeBron still has left in the tank!

I think LA is locked into LeBron and that ship be sinking. They have to land a stud and its questionable if any of the studs want that action.

My interest is/was in Walton, who by all indications seemed like one of those coaches with a lifelong gig. In CLE, LeBron benefited from being gifted Carmelo's sidekicks. But in those days, LeBron could pull the train. He ain't that anymore.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/15/2019  12:48 PM
Luke Walton has landed on his feet well.

LeJerk will bring down an iconic franchise.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/15/2019  1:55 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Luke Walton has landed on his feet well.

Walton did land on his feet, but I'm not sure he landed at the most secure spot. Kings is an accurate name, since there always seems to be some sort of Game of Thrones intrigue going on with that organization.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
4/15/2019  2:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Luke Walton has landed on his feet well.

Walton did land on his feet, but I'm not sure he landed at the most secure spot. Kings is an accurate name, since there always seems to be some sort of Game of Thrones intrigue going on with that organization.

Its a good resume builder! Does not stain the resume to have worked in SAC. Walton was hired to develop a young team in Laker land and that's why he likely demanded a 5 year deal. The Brett Brown and Brad Stevens type of deals to young coaches get time and space. Magic changed the Narrative and shoe horned Lebron in awkwardly. Walton found out there was love for him and best for him to leave Lakers. Young team core of SAC a better mix than what he had in Lakers pre Lebron. If Jeannie is still the boss he can always circle back when Lebron is gone.
Walton had leverage to set path and expectations with Divac and Kings so its quite possible its a good fit. Its never bad to go where your wanted.
Joerger is a good coach in a Larry Brown dick kind of way. Walton's got some Zen in him.
I don't think they every played together in LA or that Divac played under Phil. He was traded for Kobe to Charlotte.

fwk00

5/9/2019  6:37 PM
It ain't over till its over.

What if LeBron and Kawai agree on a NY destination?

Nalod
USA
5/9/2019  7:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2019  7:15 PM
fwk00 wrote:It ain't over till its over.

If Lakes want a salary dump Lebron, OK. If not, I don’t want to pay. We paid for the cap space already. Leonard can just sign up with Lakes and enjoy the sunshine.

Cartman718

5/9/2019  10:16 PM
fwk00 wrote:It ain't over till its over.

Fuck no. Want no part of Lebron
LeBron, Coach Killer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy