[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Might be time to trade Frank (along with Lee)
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/27/2018  8:10 AM
frank needs our love.........LOL.
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
12/27/2018  8:21 AM
franco12 wrote:if we can clear Lee with Frank, do it.

Look - if I am a developing team, I'd value Frank highly enough to take Lee's deal on. A developing team isn't planning to sign a max FA, Lee's deal isn't horrible.

And look, Frank may yet develop. So, it's not that I am giving up on him, but realizing that maybe we don't have the minutes to give him to develop.

We should send him to the G League - but maybe we're scared of what he might not do there!

This is similar to the Lakers trading Deangelo Russell to the Nets. Do not think Frank will be as good as D.Russell which the Nets are very happy with. That trade enabled the Lakers to get Lebron.
Think we follow a similar blue print to free up $ for KD.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/27/2018  9:31 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:In typical knicks (FO) fashion, they will wait until their players value is at rock bottom, then snag a 2nd rnd pick for him. He's not worth a 1rst round pick, and certainly not a lottery pick.. I would attach frank to any trade that gets LEE off the books
New front office. I haven't seen them do anything really stupid since Perry took over. Trades I recall are the Willy trade and Mudiay trade.

They should have traded willy in the summer if they knew he wasn't in the rotation, not wait until he wanted out. Perry did trade melo, but the damage was pretty much done by phil, then mills continued you on with it before perry came in and saved him from the rockets potential trade.

If frank finishes the season like he's playing now, there's no way you don't upgrade his position, and that would leave him pretty much out the rotation, almost like Trier pushing Baker out..

It's up to frank to turned into a GYM rat and get his game up, because there are so many players better than him now, and coming into the league..we already have a glut at the guard position..

The knicks can turn around and sign middleton and brogdon, keep mudiay and THJ, knox at SF..where's franks mins coming from..

I said the same thing about baker during SL when trier entered the picture

baker wow...what a prediction... i think half the planet predicted that.
regarding willy....that trade was a wash...we had traded two 2nd round picks to get him and we got two 2nd round picks by trading him...nothing gained nothing lost.

frank knows whats at state.....if we draft zion and durant somehow magically signs here, the pressure is off frank and on the starters...no way frank breaks into that starting lineup.

next season's trade deadline...that's his deadline imho.

If any of that is true - if Durant wants to come here, we have to free up some money. If Frank can't break into the starting line up - assuming we retain Mudiay which I'd be in favor of and we draft a top 4 player- then it makes a ton of sense to trade him while teams still view him with upside.

I still think Frank can develop into a nice player. If I am a developing team, I'd take him on as value for accepting Lee's contract.

Nalod
USA
12/27/2018  10:51 AM
Don't we already have Durant money this upcoming season without "Dumping"?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/27/2018  11:19 AM
no dumping frank. i stand by my belief he’s going to still be in his early 20’s when he reaches the status of being one of the most valuable pg’s in the league. we’re gonna be glad as f**k we kept him.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/27/2018  9:08 PM
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:In typical knicks (FO) fashion, they will wait until their players value is at rock bottom, then snag a 2nd rnd pick for him. He's not worth a 1rst round pick, and certainly not a lottery pick.. I would attach frank to any trade that gets LEE off the books
New front office. I haven't seen them do anything really stupid since Perry took over. Trades I recall are the Willy trade and Mudiay trade.
They should have traded willy in the summer if they knew he wasn't in the rotation, not wait until he wanted out. Perry did trade melo, but the damage was pretty much done by phil, then mills continued you on with it before perry came in and saved him from the rockets potential trade.

If frank finishes the season like he's playing now, there's no way you don't upgrade his position, and that would leave him pretty much out the rotation, almost like Trier pushing Baker out..

It's up to frank to turned into a GYM rat and get his game up, because there are so many players better than him now, and coming into the league..we already have a glut at the guard position..

The knicks can turn around and sign middleton and brogdon, keep mudiay and THJ, knox at SF..where's franks mins coming from..

regarding willy....that trade was a wash...we had traded two 2nd round picks to get him and we got two 2nd round picks by trading him...nothing gained nothing lost.

frank knows whats at state.....if we draft zion and durant somehow magically signs here, the pressure is off frank and on the starters...no way frank breaks into that starting lineup.

If any of that is true - if Durant wants to come here, we have to free up some money. If Frank can't break into the starting line up - assuming we retain Mudiay which I'd be in favor of and we draft a top 4 player- then it makes a ton of sense to trade him while teams still view him with upside.

I still think Frank can develop into a nice player. If I am a developing team, I'd take him on as value for accepting Lee's contract.

What Nalod said...we already have Durant money
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/27/2018  10:27 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

sorry, looks like we don't. we have to trade THJr or Lee
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2018  11:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah. That is my understanding as well. I think the Knicks could add an asset to Lee or Tim and get space. That probably happens after the draft if they know KD is coming.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/28/2018  12:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah. That is my understanding as well. I think the Knicks could add an asset to Lee or Tim and get space. That probably happens after the draft ifa they know KD is coming.

this roster is soo bad, from top to bottom..

A bunch of one hit wonders, i give this roster maybe 5 more wins 10 if KP comes back..

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad we have to play zone defense like highschool kids...Nobody in the entire NBA plays zone defense,everyone is launching threes..That is just lazy coaching, is that what you call developing players now..

Players in and out of the line up..Is mario still on the team, is he hurt, perry's top FA acquisition is not even in the rotation..and its december..

I would love to here what their pitch to FA is going to be

ES
Nalod
USA
12/28/2018  12:51 AM
‘“Opportunity”
“Good afternoon Mr Durant, I’m glad we got to meet you. I take it your enjoying the Hamptons again this time of the year? Let me introduce you to Mr Porzingis and Mr Zion Williamson. They are excited over the prospects of playing with you. We apologize Mr Frank and Knox are working out today. Today Coach Fiz will walk you thru his vision.”
knicks1248
12/28/2018  8:57 AM
Opportunity like melo, I dont need NY for that..

Look mr mills, none of your players are on my timeline, and quite frankly your roster is a mess. How are you going to upgrade the roster once you pay me 90% of your cap.

You want me to sit around here and mentor your 19 yr olds in the prime of my career, is that what your proposing?

Like Melo putting phil in a bind, you can't go to a star in his prime and tell him to join a 3 yr rebuild..maybe if this roster was playing like the Lakers last yr, but we are not even close.

ES
Nalod
USA
12/28/2018  9:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Opportunity like melo, I dont need NY for that..

Look mr mills, none of your players are on my timeline, and quite frankly your roster is a mess. How are you going to upgrade the roster once you pay me 90% of your cap.

You want me to sit around here and mentor your 19 yr olds in the prime of my career, is that what your proposing?

Like Melo putting phil in a bind, you can't go to a star in his prime and tell him to join a 3 yr rebuild..maybe if this roster was playing like the Lakers last yr, but we are not even close.

Lakers did not have an 22 year old 7'3 allstar last year. We don't this year.
Lakers did not have perhaps a top 3 draft picks. We do.
You equate KD to Melo?
KD has 2 and maybe 3 rings. He is not coming to join a winning team. If he comes, and lord knows I am no in anyway knowledgeable nor putting myself in his shoes but from what I read in part he joined warriors not just to win or the money, but to experience SF and the silicon valley environment and learn much about the tech business. New York, and that would include Brooklyn BTW offers a player the ability to a small fish in a big pond and some amounts of movement without fanfare. Also unrivaled culture and exposure to financial, Fashion and other business all in one of the few hubs of the world we call NYC.
So its not about just Mills or Frank, its about Life.
On the court the east is very much open with no team dominant. Philly, Toronto and Boston are very good but still not established. Knicks with a tricore of Barrett/Zion, KP and KD represents an opportunity.
Its not ready made. That's why Knicks1248 can't see it. Before free agency the draft will have already taken place and the timeline on KP and where he is will be known.
If Durant is all about looking at the first half of the season and makes up his mind in the here and now as Knicks1248 suggests (He thinks KD and others think like him) then yes he will not even consider the knicks. But players and Agents do think ahead. Fiz and Perry will lay out a presentation and a vision which KD and his people will determine as viable or not.
fwk00
Member: #6048

12/28/2018  6:32 PM
When I speculate about trading players there's a goal in mind.

Given the sheer volume of flotsam on this team, players who have no true role to play here - why would Frankie ever be mentioned?

Is the goal to win games [and diminish lottery chances]? NO? Then what's the complaint that a 20 year old kid - immature, developing KID - isn't satisfying your unrealistic expectations?

WHAT oh what would be the point of trading Frankie? To give more minutes to, say, Burke? Because our defense isn't bad enough?

Or maybe you like to count cap space dollars that score no points, play no defense, assist no player... - just feel like you're going to sign - SIGH! - Durant, LeBron,... NO, Basketball Jesus! YES, SOMEDAY that will happen.

Frankie's destined to be a star in this league. He's two year's away. Two seasons of FA speculation about players who will never be signed and would have no positive impact if they were. If Frankie survives the lunatics we stand a chance at competing two years out. having watched the toxicity of NY sports, my guess is that we'll be rebuilding yet again in two years while Frankie is winning a ring elsewhere.

knicks1248
12/28/2018  8:25 PM
fwk00 wrote:When I speculate about trading players there's a goal in mind.

Given the sheer volume of flotsam on this team, players who have no true role to play here - why would Frankie ever be mentioned?

Is the goal to win games [and diminish lottery chances]? NO? Then what's the complaint that a 20 year old kid - immature, developing KID - isn't satisfying your unrealistic expectations?

WHAT oh what would be the point of trading Frankie? To give more minutes to, say, Burke? Because our defense isn't bad enough?

Or maybe you like to count cap space dollars that score no points, play no defense, assist no player... - just feel like you're going to sign - SIGH! - Durant, LeBron,... NO, Basketball Jesus! YES, SOMEDAY that will happen.

Frankie's destined to be a star in this league. He's two year's away. Two seasons of FA speculation about players who will never be signed and would have no positive impact if they were. If Frankie survives the lunatics we stand a chance at competing two years out. having watched the toxicity of NY sports, my guess is that we'll be rebuilding yet again in two years while Frankie is winning a ring elsewhere.

This was the NBA tweet of the day

While some general managers don’t fully embrace the Real Adjusted Plus-Minus stat introduced in 2014, Knox is ranked No. 463 out of 464 players. Frank Ntilikina comes in at 461.

I get the whole (RUDY RUDY RUDY) feel good pulling-for-the-underdog story, but reality is reality..

I like knox, but there's no way on earth he should be starting, but on this roster.... perhaps.

I guess these 2 complement each other ONE GUY NEVER SHOOTS AND PASSES TOO MUCH, THE OTHER SHOOTS TOO MUCH AND NEVER PASSES THE BALL AT all..lol

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/28/2018  9:43 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:When I speculate about trading players there's a goal in mind.

This was the NBA tweet of the day

While some general managers don’t fully embrace the Real Adjusted Plus-Minus stat introduced in 2014, Knox is ranked No. 463 out of 464 players. Frank Ntilikina comes in at 461.

I get the whole (RUDY RUDY RUDY) feel good pulling-for-the-underdog story, but reality is reality..

I like knox, but there's no way on earth he should be starting, but on this roster.... perhaps.

I guess these 2 complement each other ONE GUY NEVER SHOOTS AND PASSES TOO MUCH, THE OTHER SHOOTS TOO MUCH AND NEVER PASSES THE BALL AT all..lol

You are looking for 2 kinder-gardeners to pass the SAT from first try. Good luck with it.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/1/2019  4:06 PM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/1/2019  4:26 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think we could probably trade Frank for a future pick and stretch the remainder of Lee’s contract and have enough space created.

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/1/2019  5:17 PM
The Knicks should not trade any of their young core players until after they serve one season under a an experience NBA head coach.
Fizdale does not have the coaching skills to make it as a head coach in the NBA.
Fizdale had me all optimistic when he was hired as the Knicks head coach by taking Knick players to the playoff games. After that, its been all down hill for the Knicks, starting in the poor coaching in the summer league games, the extra poor coaching in the preseason games, and then came the no-system and no plans regular season games that has the Knicks sitting with the 3rd worst winning record on New Years Day 9-28, soon to be 9-32 on a 4 game road trip out West.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/2/2019  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2019  12:17 PM
Kemet wrote:The Knicks should not trade any of their young core players until after they serve one season under a an experience NBA head coach.
Fizdale does not have the coaching skills to make it as a head coach in the NBA.
Fizdale had me all optimistic when he was hired as the Knicks head coach by taking Knick players to the playoff games. After that, its been all down hill for the Knicks, starting in the poor coaching in the summer league games, the extra poor coaching in the preseason games, and then came the no-system and no plans regular season games that has the Knicks sitting with the 3rd worst winning record on New Years Day 9-28, soon to be 9-32 on a 4 game road trip out West.

I guess you will do a better job genius...
Who cares about wins and record?
Only a couple of delusional Knicks fans who are leaving in fantasy world.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/2/2019  12:45 PM
arkrud wrote:
Kemet wrote:The Knicks should not trade any of their young core players until after they serve one season under a an experience NBA head coach.

I guess you will do a better job genius...
Who cares about wins and record?
Only a couple of delusional Knicks fans who are leaving in fantasy world.

The players love Fizdale. Its obvious. The team plays hard but they are just not good enough yet...it will come.

At the same time Fiz is holding them accountable.

I will give him a year or two with a team that is actually ready to compete. This team is not BUT he is developing them.

Might be time to trade Frank (along with Lee)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy