12/21/2018  4:39 PM
https://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/21/2018  6:11 PM
kudos to kevin and to perry. let’s keep building on it.
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

12/22/2018  1:41 PM
He is for sure looking better. I was a bit worried for a while with his inefficient shooting. His defense will take time, but luckily we have a coach to instill that in him.
His 3pt shooting is over 40% and luckily his regular shooting % is rising. For where we picked, we really did wonderful. So happy (still) we took him over Miles Bridges (or Mikale).
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
12/22/2018  4:37 PM
I'm pretty pleased by how well Knox has been playing. 17.6ppg, 42% from the field, 39%+ from 3, 6.1rpg, 1.5apg in 11 games in December. The Knicks without a doubt made a really strong pick in spite of some established college names on the board. Regarding his relatively low FG%, over 40% of his shots are from 3pt land - he just needs to throw in a couple of attempts near the rim and he'd be right on target.

Obviously there's room for improvement, but that's the exciting part... just a few refinements and we've got a 20ppg type of scorer.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/22/2018  5:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2018  5:48 PM
technomaster wrote:I'm pretty pleased by how well Knox has been playing. 17.6ppg, 42% from the field, 39%+ from 3, 6.1rpg, 1.5apg in 11 games in December. The Knicks without a doubt made a really strong pick in spite of some established college names on the board. Regarding his relatively low FG%, over 40% of his shots are from 3pt land - he just needs to throw in a couple of attempts near the rim and he'd be right on target.

Obviously there's room for improvement, but that's the exciting part... just a few refinements and we've got a 20ppg type of scorer.

His defense is horrendus but at least his shooting has improved from the ghastly 30% mark
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/23/2018  7:02 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
technomaster wrote:I'm pretty pleased by how well Knox has been playing. 17.6ppg, 42% from the field, 39%+ from 3, 6.1rpg, 1.5apg in 11 games in December. The Knicks without a doubt made a really strong pick in spite of some established college names on the board. Regarding his relatively low FG%, over 40% of his shots are from 3pt land - he just needs to throw in a couple of attempts near the rim and he'd be right on target.

His defense is horrendus but at least his shooting has improved from the ghastly 30% mark

Correction, his defense WAS horrendous. I would say over the last 2 weeks its been much better than beginning of the season, I saw some blocks and steals in the past few games.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
technomaster
USA
12/23/2018  8:39 AM
I’d say his defense has improved to mediocre level vs an absolute zero. He’s more active all around, more engaged, more prepared. I’m not sure we can predict a defensive ceiling for him, but I’d say his defensive floor would be at least equal to vintage Melo.

I think part of his defensive improvement is due to the Robinson and Trier injuries. Surrounded by relative veterans who have a better sense in where they’re supposed to be on the floor has given him more defensive clarity.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/23/2018  10:36 AM
He is doing what rookies do......Incosistant and young ones get physically ground. What you look for are bright spots and improvements over 10 game samples. Knox is responding. Trier will be setback by his injury which is expected. Mitch as well.
Frank worries me. He will likely be exiled to the bench if we get full strength and perhaps he can rest. I can’t paint his future either way. What I hope and what is will be determined in time. This team is so bad right now its hard to see anyone in positive light except Knox and Mudiay with his inflated stats.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/23/2018  11:10 AM
Nalod wrote:He is doing what rookies do......Incosistant and young ones get physically ground. What you look for are bright spots and improvements over 10 game samples. Knox is responding. Trier will be setback by his injury which is expected. Mitch as well.
Frank worries me. He will likely be exiled to the bench if we get full strength and perhaps he can rest. I can't paint his future either way. What I hope and what is will be determined in time. This team is so bad right now its hard to see anyone in positive light except Knox and Mudiay with his inflated stats.
I wonder if the Knicks move Burke to lock Frank into the back up point position. Otherwise a benching or minimally a smaller role almost seems inevitable. Frank is shooting 21% from the field for his last 5 games. I thought he had turned the corner with his two games after his benching but he is struggling more now then before in my opinion. If Trier gets minutes at the point I think they come at the expense of Frank.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/23/2018  5:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:He is doing what rookies do......Incosistant and young ones get physically ground. What you look for are bright spots and improvements over 10 game samples. Knox is responding. Trier will be setback by his injury which is expected. Mitch as well.
Frank worries me. He will likely be exiled to the bench if we get full strength and perhaps he can rest. I can't paint his future either way. What I hope and what is will be determined in time. This team is so bad right now its hard to see anyone in positive light except Knox and Mudiay with his inflated stats.
I wonder if the Knicks move Burke to lock Frank into the back up point position. Otherwise a benching or minimally a smaller role almost seems inevitable. Frank is shooting 21% from the field for his last 5 games. I thought he had turned the corner with his two games after his benching but he is struggling more now then before in my opinion. If Trier gets minutes at the point I think they come at the expense of Frank.

I don’t know really what the future holds for Burke but its pretty common fo the little guys to not make it much past 30 because they need every explosiveness they can get to stay in the league. Burke has talent but he is small. Seems Fiz wants his kids big. I like Trey and want him to succeed.
Bottom line is there is a draft and we have some trade chips so Mapping it all out is an exercise in futility as is stressing out about the current roster. Knicks are doing the right things. We don’t have Franks xrays of his growth plates or his charts from his endocrinologist. He looks like he is 16 years old still. We don’t know the party line of Perry and if the stench of Triangulaton is still upon him via Phil and Gaines endorsement (silly shyt really) which taints him in the eyes of some.
The kid is 20.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/24/2018  1:44 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't know really what the future holds for Burke but its pretty common fo the little guys to not make it much past 30 because they need every explosiveness they can get to stay in the league. Burke has talent but he is small. Seems Fiz wants his kids big. I like Trey and want him to succeed.
Bottom line is there is a draft and we have some trade chips so Mapping it all out is an exercise in futility as is stressing out about the current roster. Knicks are doing the right things. We don't have Franks xrays of his growth plates or his charts from his endocrinologist. He looks like he is 16 years old still. We don't know the party line of Perry and if the stench of Triangulaton is still upon him via Phil and Gaines endorsement (silly shyt really) which taints him in the eyes of some.
The kid is 20.

I was a big fan of Burke's in college and as a prospect... I would not commit to him long term. I agree with what you said and I also am more interested in Frank and Mudiay's potential than I am in Burke's

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

12/24/2018  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2018  1:48 PM
as for Knox, Calapari's comments are the most telling. He said something like some 19 year olds have some really impressive beards and others don't have under arm hair yet... Knox is definitely in the latter. So as he matures and really comes into his frame, man, he's going to be way better than at present. It's nice to have drafted a legitimate wing prospect. When is the last time that was the case?
technomaster
USA
12/25/2018  2:46 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:as for Knox, Calapari's comments are the most telling. He said something like some 19 year olds have some really impressive beards and others don't have under arm hair yet... Knox is definitely in the latter. So as he matures and really comes into his frame, man, he's going to be way better than at present. It's nice to have drafted a legitimate wing prospect. When is the last time that was the case?

Hmm. Ntilikina, Dotson. Tim Hardaway Jr. Landry Fields. Gallinari. Wilson Chandler.

Knox has a chance to be better than all of them. THJR seems pretty solid, tho overpaid perhaps by 2-4mil/year. Chandler has a chance to be a really super Shawn Marion type of player before he ran into a series of hip injuries in Denver.

technomaster
USA
12/26/2018  12:51 PM
I’m a bit curious who the Knicks would have selected had they done a proper tank job and picked higher, let’s say anywhere from 4-8. I presume Trae Young was the number 1 target? Had Jackson, Carter, Bamba, or Sexton been on the board, would they have looked at Knox?
SupremeCommander

12/26/2018  1:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2018  1:33 PM
technomaster wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:as for Knox, Calapari's comments are the most telling. He said something like some 19 year olds have some really impressive beards and others don't have under arm hair yet... Knox is definitely in the latter. So as he matures and really comes into his frame, man, he's going to be way better than at present. It's nice to have drafted a legitimate wing prospect. When is the last time that was the case?

Hmm. Ntilikina, Dotson. Tim Hardaway Jr. Landry Fields. Gallinari. Wilson Chandler.

Knox has a chance to be better than all of them. THJR seems pretty solid, tho overpaid perhaps by 2-4mil/year. Chandler has a chance to be a really super Shawn Marion type of player before he ran into a series of hip injuries in Denver.

The only guy I will say was a legitimate wing prospect there - meaning, future all star potential - was maybe Gallo. And I think that's a stretch. If you were as excited for Landry Fields (I have his jersey) as Knox I mean I don't really know how to respond to you

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/26/2018  1:32 PM
I dont like Calipari but ive always agreed with his comments that teams will regret passing on Knox down the line. Obviously he is starting to put it together much quicker than anticipated which is terrific
SupremeCommander

12/26/2018  1:34 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont like Calipari but ive always agreed with his comments that teams will regret passing on Knox down the line. Obviously he is starting to put it together much quicker than anticipated which is terrific

yes...

Knox is a "potential" pick like Frank, but Knox has already shown waaaaaaaaaay more

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/26/2018  1:47 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont like Calipari but ive always agreed with his comments that teams will regret passing on Knox down the line. Obviously he is starting to put it together much quicker than anticipated which is terrific

yes...

Knox is a "potential" pick like Frank, but Knox has already shown waaaaaaaaaay more

Where did I mention Frank? My post was about Knox
SupremeCommander

12/26/2018  2:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2018  2:24 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

yes...

Where did I mention Frank? My post was about Knox

ok? I agreed with your assessment and then compared it to another Knicks draft pick that was drafted based upon potential and measurements

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/27/2018  3:22 AM
technomaster wrote:I’m a bit curious who the Knicks would have selected had they done a proper tank job and picked higher, let’s say anywhere from 4-8. I presume Trae Young was the number 1 target? Had Jackson, Carter, Bamba, or Sexton been on the board, would they have looked at Knox?

Doncic would have been perfect (we could have done the deal Dallas did, though the higher we picked the less necessary it would have been). But at least we got those 3 extra meaningless wins!

Week 8 ROY Ladder, Knox moves up to #3

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy