[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks @ Pacers 5 PM ET Game Thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/16/2018  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2018  7:30 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:WTH?!?? When did Turner morph into Garnett?

what are you talking about

Turner had a defensive spurt where he was blocking and contesting everything.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/16/2018  7:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:WTH?!?? When did Turner morph into Garnett?

what are you talking about

Turner had a defensive spurt where he was blocking and contesting everything.

Well, when you just got abused by AD who had an historic night against Turner, guarding below average forwards the next game is exactly what you need to get your confidence back. I'm sure he was motivated to get some revenge.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/16/2018  10:59 PM
Cartman718 wrote:I'll say it again...Refs love ****ing the Knicks. God forbid if they ever made a call that was questionable in our favor

Refs will generally shade for the home team and, in general, when it's not an elite matchup, will try to keep the game close. They also have to massage the length of the game to fit the time slot set up by the networks. Networks need a degree of certainty with time elements to properly sell ad time to corporations/brands for commercials.

Knicks also have a lot of young players and journeymen, and those guys never get any calls.

This was the open conflict with Melo. As an All Star and Olympian and a marketable player, he rated tons of free contact where the refs would look the other way. No home game at MSG would sit well with fans paying courtside seat prices to watch Melo foul out at the start of the 4th quarter. He had a massive advantage to basically maul any non elite player he wanted, but never cared enough to do it. Meaning even an average defender/defensive effort would scale up accordingly just from the free contact that "superstar" players rate. He could have made a big impact defensively just by getting to league average. Of course, he didn't give a ****.

Zinger will be able to bang at will when he comes back, but I doubt he'll do that or take advantage of that.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/17/2018  10:18 AM
giving credit where it's due. Nate has them playing well, and their best attribute is defense

I know the refrain is the league is all about offense, but the Pacers' best facet is defense (and balance)

(5)(5)
Knicks @ Pacers 5 PM ET Game Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy