[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Luke Kornet has the niche skills to make it in the NBA as a rotation guy
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/15/2018  6:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/15/2018  7:04 AM
I have seen Kornet a few times now in the NBA games.
While I do see his weaknesses as being slow,
You look at the Miwaukee Bucks with Bro Lopez.

Kornet can play a role like that in the NBA.
He's slow on his feet, so he can never play big minutes.
However his size, ability to block shots inside and then shoot three pointers from outside to space the floor will be real interesting when KP, Knox, Frank, Trier are all in their primes.

This is how we space the floor well.

KP is a post up nightmare at 4.
Knox can shoot and drive.
Hardaway can shoot and drive,

So with KP focusing on playing the same way he was at the start of last season (Remember him owning people inside and in the Dirk role) having a guy like Kornet who can shoot those three pointers outside like Bro Lopez, I think we have a real thing here.

One thing's for sure, I trade Kanter and one of Frank/Mudiay for a proven star on a big contract, instead of waiting for capspace. I don't see any star signing with us as early as next season. If we could swing for a trade instead, especially for an attacking point guard, our starting 5 next year is set, and then we'll still have young players developing coming off the bench such as Robinson, Dotson, Frank, Trier and whomever we draft in the lottery in 2019.

Future is real solid for us, however I think we could use a Kanter/Mudiay or Kanter/Frank for a proven star PG trade right now. Mudiay is playing pretty well and his stock has increased as a Knick vs when he was a Nugget. Kanter is a double double machine and instant cap relief. The time to execute a trade is now, when you have a few disgruntled star point guards around the league, or teams who aren't really going anywhere, possibly willing to move their franchise point guard for cap relief and a young player/picks. The alternative is waiting on Mudiay and Frank, which in my opinion will take a long time, and neither has shown they are sure things as starting point guards on a good team. Capspace is just that, cap space. We won't be getting Irving, Durant or anyone like that, when better teams have capspace to sign them, and also possibly sign TWO stars together in free agency in a warmer city (LA Clippers). There's just too many better situations next year for these players. Trade is the way to go, as we're going to lose Kanter for nothing and Mudiay will require about 8 million a year to stay a Knick beyond 2019.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/15/2018  8:33 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I have seen Kornet a few times now in the NBA games.

However his size, ability to block shots inside and then shoot three pointers from outside to space the floor will be real interesting when KP, Knox, Frank, Trier are all in their primes.

So with KP focusing on playing the same way he was at the start of last season (Remember him owning people inside and in the Dirk role) having a guy like Kornet who can shoot those three pointers outside like Bro Lopez, I think we have a real thing here.

One thing's for sure, I trade Kanter and one of Frank/Mudiay for a proven star on a big contract, instead of waiting for capspace. I don't see any star signing with us as early as next season. If we could swing for a trade instead, especially for an attacking point guard, our starting 5 next year is set, and then we'll still have young players developing coming off the bench such as Robinson, Dotson, Frank, Trier and whomever we draft in the lottery in 2019.

Future is real solid for us, however I think we could use a Kanter/Mudiay or Kanter/Frank for a proven star PG trade right now. Mudiay is playing pretty well and his stock has increased as a Knick vs when he was a Nugget. Kanter is a double double machine and instant cap relief. The time to execute a trade is now, when you have a few disgruntled star point guards around the league, or teams who aren't really going anywhere, possibly willing to move their franchise point guard for cap relief and a young player/picks. The alternative is waiting on Mudiay and Frank, which in my opinion will take a long time, and neither has shown they are sure things as starting point guards on a good team. Capspace is just that, cap space. We won't be getting Irving, Durant or anyone like that, when better teams have capspace to sign them, and also possibly sign TWO stars together in free agency in a warmer city (LA Clippers). There's just too many better situations next year for these players. Trade is the way to go, as we're going to lose Kanter for nothing and Mudiay will require about 8 million a year to stay a Knick beyond 2019.

What star are we getting for Kanter and Mudiay? Im sure the Knicks would do it in a second if that was all it would take.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/15/2018  10:13 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I have seen Kornet a few times now in the NBA games.

What star are we getting for Kanter and Mudiay? Im sure the Knicks would do it in a second if that was all it would take.

Kevin Love or John Wall might be attainable but why go there? The Knicks don't need Love and his injury history is horrible. Wall's contract is horrible and there are reports that suggest he would be too lit for NY.
Also, the Knicks might take a shot at signing Rozier or Russell if they don't get an A list guy. Both of those guys are on teams that made commitments to other players. Kanter's 18 mil comes off the cap this summer. If the Knicks renounce Mudiay his 5 mil comes off the books. I think stay the course and see what happens. If Frank has turned the corner like it appears, why trade him? I think if the Knicks bail on their plan to be players in free agency this summer, they trade Kanter for a first and a smaller, longer contract. I am curious to see if the front office moves Burke.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/15/2018  11:52 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Future is real solid for us, however I think we could use a Kanter/Mudiay or Kanter/Frank for a proven star PG trade right now.

The only player they could get under your criteria is John Wall. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad trade, I am saying it's a cap killing trade but there might not be a better long term alternative given the situation. ( i.e. if the goal is to keep Zinger and convince him not to walk if the Knicks never make the playoffs during his time here AND I'm not saying that should or should not be the right goal for the Knicks.)

Wall is a pretty good player, but not an elite one, and not a value for his future contract. But the Knicks would be getting an All Star caliber player and make the playoffs every year assuming Zinger is healthy.

It's a trade that makes no sense and makes perfect sense at the same time.

Kornet can't make defensive calls. Until he can and does, he has limited value on the floor aside from fringe minutes. In MLB, there is a reason why former/retired catchers end up as managers ( i.e. Giradi, Scoiscia, Brenly, etc) i.e. to deal with the level of complexity in matchups. You have to be able to understand every defender in place on your team and also every offensive player on the other team. This is what makes guys like Ben Wallace and Draymond Green so deadly. Kornet will also have to show he can consistently bomb it from PLUS RANGE. Maybe he can make this transition. Stranger things have happened in the NBA. He is an interesting player.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/16/2018  12:24 AM
Kornet is ridiculously slow and if he's not hitting the 3 he's absolutely useless on the court.

Nice guy, hard worker, but not an NBA player. Just like Ron Baker.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/16/2018  7:25 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:Kornet is ridiculously slow and if he's not hitting the 3 he's absolutely useless on the court.

Nice guy, hard worker, but not an NBA player. Just like Ron Baker.

Kornet blocks shots and shoot the 3 at a good rate.
Ron Baker didn't do anything on a consistent game to game basis that you could utilise to plan your offense or defense. I liked Ron, but his main attribute was hustle, smarts and running the right offense. However his actual game to game contribution, he didn't really have a threat that the defense or offense could rely on.

Kornet in contrast, if he is to be played 15-20 minutes a game, you can rely on him to space the floor and to also block shots inside. You could plan your offense and defense with that in mind, sort of like how Milwaukee has with Bro Lopez. This is just to say that I think he can make it in the NBA because of those two skills. They are at a premium right now. We should look to lock him up for a few years, for cheap.

Luke Kornet has the niche skills to make it in the NBA as a rotation guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy