[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would a Jabari Parker for Tim Hardaway trade make sense
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/14/2018  8:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2018  8:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Wasn't there a bunch of clips showing how lazy Jabari Parker is on defense? I don't think I want any part of another lazy player

He would just be here for the rest of the season. The key would be the cap space the deal opens for this upcoming free agency. But the Bulls can just cut ties with Parker after the season. Why would they bring Tim on for additional years?

I believe options on a player's contract- should it belong to the team or player himself- become fully gauranteed if traded. It was some new wrinkle in the past CBA that kicked in after the cap spike. So if we trade for Parker, it's for keeps.

....I don't think we ahould trade for Parker for keepsy, lol.

AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

12/15/2018  6:34 AM
Rookie wrote:Does the signing of Trier, who seems to do all of the things we wish Hardaway could do except more efficiently, make Hardaway expendable? Follow me here. Parker would help balance the roster in the short term, and his club option for 2019-20 would give the Knicks much needed cap flexibility to sign a max free agent. While Durant is a long shot, he also has a relationship with Trier as a mentor. We would also have a healthy unicorn to help attract Durant who looks destined for a breakup with GS.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/13/allonzo-triers-charmed-season-may-be-knicks-kevin-durant-key/

Parker is a bigger version of Hardway Jr. Offensive player who plays no defense. The fact is we already have Jabari Parker, his name is Mario Hezonja.
FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

12/15/2018  7:43 AM
There’s a reason Jabari is out of the rotation in Chicago. He’s nothing like the player he was coming out of college. I’m sure the injuries are to blame but he looks big, slow, one dimensional. He’s just not very good.

That said, I’d trade Hardaway for him. I’d trade Hardaway for literally any contract that expires after this season.

Ira
Member: #91
12/15/2018  8:49 AM
Bringing in Parker would help us tank,
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2018  11:39 AM
Three sides to Timmy. He is either on fire which is awesome, or he forces the shots/game given we suck at times, or the game comes to him and he contributes as a role player until he gets hot. That is a good role for a 18mm player on a good team to have. As mentioned he is first option on a not so good team. I’m not saying he is untouchable via a trade by any means but if he is 3rd or 4th option after KP, Knox (a more mature version) and KP that is really a good place for him.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/15/2018  12:11 PM
Timmy had played best this year. He has shown some maturity and at least plays within control some of the time. Therein the are the times when he keeps shooting and turns into his mini Melo mode.

He maybe worth a good second rounder to someone. Someone posted up thread that the team option gets automatically picked up when we trade for him, I wouldn't want to do that if it's true. Two years of another no defense chucker that we trade for?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/15/2018  12:32 PM
Nobody is taking Hardaway's garbage contract without a 1st round pick.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
meloshouldgo

12/15/2018  2:23 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Nobody is taking Hardaway's garbage contract without a 1st round pick.

In that case we keep him

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/15/2018  2:45 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:Nobody is taking Hardaway's garbage contract without a 1st round pick.

In that case we keep him

If you want to keep losing, sure.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/15/2018  3:46 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Wasn't there a bunch of clips showing how lazy Jabari Parker is on defense? I don't think I want any part of another lazy player

He would just be here for the rest of the season. The key would be the cap space the deal opens for this upcoming free agency. But the Bulls can just cut ties with Parker after the season. Why would they bring Tim on for additional years?

I believe options on a player's contract- should it belong to the team or player himself- become fully gauranteed if traded. It was some new wrinkle in the past CBA that kicked in after the cap spike. So if we trade for Parker, it's for keeps.

....I don't think we ahould trade for Parker for keepsy, lol.

If that's the case, then this trade doesn't make sense for anybody.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo

12/15/2018  5:33 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

In that case we keep him

If you want to keep losing, sure.

Jabari Parker isn't going to help us win. And keeping first round picks are more important than taking THJR.
if he keeps regressing to his usual play from the last few seasons, he needs to be benched

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/16/2018  8:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2018  8:03 AM
I think we'll be a good team on offense with a healthy KP, 2nd year Knox, Hardaway and a point guard that is starting worthy on a good team (we don't have this player right now).

So to me the moves are to wait on KP's health, Knox going into a better experienced second year where he can give the team 15+ a night, THJ being who he is, and just adding that point guard that is of the level we need.

It all depends on who we could get, but say we were able to sign Kemba Walker to a 4 year deal.

Porzingis
Knox
Frank
Hardaway
Walker

Man that lineup looks good to me. Especially if KP has become stronger physically like his trainer said he is.
Factor we'll have a bench of Robinson, Vonleh (if he can be re-signed) Dotson, Trier and a top 10 (maybe 5) lottery pick from 2019 draft.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/16/2018  8:35 AM

Maybe a team with needs at SG would take him for an expiring or 2nd if we packaged him with Courtney Lee?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/16/2018  9:35 AM
This is from a Kings blog.
#3. New York A
To SAC: Tim Hardaway Jr.

To NYK: Zach Randolph, MIL 2019 2nd

Why Would NYK do this?
Welcome to the tank. While Hardaway can certainly supply some offensive punch, the Knicks may not want that right now. This trade would require New York to take the long view on their roster, but getting worse this year will almost certainly make them better in the years to come. $20 million in cap space can go a long way in New York, and if the Knicks think they can court a major free agent, they would probably roll the dice on pairing Kristaps Porzingis with another superstar. And this tank effort could even add Zion Williamson to the mix as well.

Why Would SAC do this?
Now we’re getting into some complex value assessment here. Tim Hardaway Jr. is a 26 year-old averaging over 20 points per game who has the capacity to play small forward in certain lineups. But in truth, he is probably a traditional shooting guard in a bigger body. He won’t bring any defensive value to this team, but I’d be willing to bet that the Kings front office is interested. Here’s why: They were interested in Zach LaVine. Hardaway is just a slight older, slightly bigger LaVine, and he’s on a similar deal. If they really want to push for that 8th seed, there’s a chance that Hardaway could get them there.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2018/12/15/18135629/ten-trades-the-sacramento-kings-could-consider
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/16/2018  1:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:This is from a Kings blog.
#3. New York A

Why Would NYK do this?
Welcome to the tank. While Hardaway can certainly supply some offensive punch, the Knicks may not want that right now. This trade would require New York to take the long view on their roster, but getting worse this year will almost certainly make them better in the years to come. $20 million in cap space can go a long way in New York, and if the Knicks think they can court a major free agent, they would probably roll the dice on pairing Kristaps Porzingis with another superstar. And this tank effort could even add Zion Williamson to the mix as well.

Why Would SAC do this?
Now we’re getting into some complex value assessment here. Tim Hardaway Jr. is a 26 year-old averaging over 20 points per game who has the capacity to play small forward in certain lineups. But in truth, he is probably a traditional shooting guard in a bigger body. He won’t bring any defensive value to this team, but I’d be willing to bet that the Kings front office is interested. Here’s why: They were interested in Zach LaVine. Hardaway is just a slight older, slightly bigger LaVine, and he’s on a similar deal. If they really want to push for that 8th seed, there’s a chance that Hardaway could get them there.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2018/12/15/18135629/ten-trades-the-sacramento-kings-could-consider

I would do this for sure, we get cap space and we get a 2nd? My guess is if Tim starts peaking in Jan, Perry will wait to pull the trigger around all star

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/16/2018  4:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
#3. New York A

Why Would NYK do this?

Why Would SAC do this?

I would do this for sure, we get cap space and we get a 2nd? My guess is if Tim starts peaking in Jan, Perry will wait to pull the trigger around all star

I hope he makes a trade like this earlier

THJ has at least produced his contact value this season... I would like to get assets for Lee too. Unless you are going to not play rookies, you need to get rid of THJ in order to get something for Lee. And if you can pull that off more minutes for Lance Thomas maybe get something for him too

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/16/2018  4:51 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
#3. New York A

Why Would NYK do this?

Why Would SAC do this?

I would pull the trigger right now. I'd also waive Zach the minute he landed and open up anothet roster spot. Nothing against THJ and I'd feel bad banishing him to Sacramento. But the cap implications are too good to be passed up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/16/2018  11:16 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:THJ has at least produced his contract value this season...

THJr's contract is in line with other PREVIOUS poor value contracts WHILE DENYING ACTUAL CURRENT MARKET CORRECTION.

In a previous marketplace environment, the league saw a massive cap spike, the largest in NBA history, without any kind of smoothing option or mechanism to avoid the largest impending market correction bounceback in all of recorded professional basketball.

He's trying, that's for sure, but he's a bad contract. If he was anything other than a bad contract, he would be traded off the roster already. The Knicks have tried to trade EVERYONE not named Zinger/Knox/MRob/Frank N and have gotten no league traction from it.

The same reason you and others would be happy to dump THJr's contract is the EXACT SAME REASON no other non Knicks team wants it. Mirror Test.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2018  8:22 AM
Where is it known that Timmy is up for trade and there is no market? Triple, your conviction is high and I can dig it, but is that your opinion or can you make a valid fact at some level? Blog rumors are well intended thoughts. Bad enough “unnamed sources” exist but blogs are just opinion platforms for profits. Timmy has no market because he had not been traded. It’s logic but do we know Knicks want to move him??? Cap space is just “hope”. We have enough for One max existing.
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/17/2018  8:23 AM
parker = toxic. no way
Would a Jabari Parker for Tim Hardaway trade make sense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy