[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks in the Queen city of Charlotte vs. Willy and the Hornets!
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

12/14/2018  10:00 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
Ira wrote:Luke Kornet has earned some playing time tonight.

Kornet may be greasing the skids for Kanter to be traded. That's a lot of rebounds for a playoff team.

Just one game. Let's give it some time. But he was a big time shot blocker in college.

Seven foot 3 and D players are a rarity. Also 1.6 mil to 18 mil makes a difference too.

No doubt. But you gotta be careful with dudes to put up good games when the other team didn't have him on their scouting report. Lets see what he does when teams expect to see him in the game.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/14/2018  11:49 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Nalod is at the game. I hope he's screaming lol

Nope, I was pretty chill. Took my meds like you suggested!

Was at the game and the first half was awful. Boring and uninspired! Had a great roast turkey "Carv" sandwich a the game and a good beer. Carbs about put me asleep. Actually I did. Been a long week. Had a 24 hour bug yesterday with low grade fever so was happy to wake up game day feeling good.

Good come back and good defense by frank on slowing Kemba down. Enes is so bad on offense it was pathetic. Kornet in because Mitch got hurt as most of you know. Frank got no respect by refs and was balled over in what looked bad. Kid never got his grove going. But Mudiay did. That "notch" is as evident in person as it is on TV. But he got going with short range shots and looked good. Kornet played good defense and that was key. As seen Knox had a great first half. 70points at half was bad look for knicks. Knox did what good rookies do and had his moments but also inconsistent. Thats ok, he looked pretty good and played some nice defense SOMETIMES. That kid got "chicken legs" and looks much younger in person. So does frank.
He looks every bit of 6'6 or 6'7 and won't fill out until he stops growing. He looks younger than Knox!!!
Fans in our area all begged Vonleh to stop shooting! If you saw the game you know what I mean.
Another good knick crowd at the arena. About 1/4 or more were representing knicks. Got loud for both teams in there.
Kemba had a good first half but then he disappeared. Im never in favor of paying small guys. I like Kemba and enjoyed watching him over the years. I hope he retires a Hornet.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/14/2018  11:56 PM
Cartman718 wrote:How many players have been injured in this game , Mitch Frank Monk Kemba

Missed the game not seeing anything in the recap are they okay?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2018  9:33 AM
Should read Enes on “Defense”. he was that pathetic! If we don’t trade him there is a reason. After what we saw I’d cut him. He is an animal in the paint.
Knicks went to a zone in second half and Jeremy Lamb who usually kills us is a moron.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/15/2018  11:43 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:How many players have been injured in this game , Mitch Frank Monk Kemba

Missed the game not seeing anything in the recap are they okay?

Fell asleep towards the end. My sleep deprived state is catching up with me. Looks like they pulled out a good win. Mudiay went off. Wish I had seen the Kornet defense some more.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/15/2018  12:06 PM
Last night was the best win of the season for me at least, even more than the bucks. Mudiay had probably his best game as a pro and Kornet really stepped up. Down to 8 guys for basically an entire half is inpressive. Obviously I hope Mitch and Frank are ok
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

12/15/2018  12:51 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Last night was the best win of the season for me at least, even more than the bucks. Mudiay had probably his best game as a pro and Kornet really stepped up. Down to 8 guys for basically an entire half is inpressive. Obviously I hope Mitch and Frank are ok

They need to be consistent day in and day out and not disappear like Houdini before I'm sold. Mudiay has a great change to stick next year!

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/15/2018  12:55 PM
Nobody should get wowed by sub-par players.

Don't get caught up in someone like Mudiay, who is incredibly inconsistent and is also playing for a contract next season. I wouldn't give Mudiay any contract next year. He's just a filler and not the long-term solution at PG. He's simply a guy starting on a bad team and putting up some numbers.

Absolute best case I would renounce him and offer him a minimum salary as a backup PG. No way can we afford to stake future money to unknown and unproven players like Mudiay with Brickaway Jr still on the roster and Noah's wasted money on our cap moving forward. We have to make smart signings. The only guy worth coming back is Vonleh. I'd give him the MLE.

Dotson is on the roster next year for $1.6 million, which is a steal. I wouldn't trade him for anything. If we sign a free agent we'll need guys like Dotson to fill out the roster. Plus he's a solid player.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/15/2018  1:42 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Last night was the best win of the season for me at least, even more than the bucks. Mudiay had probably his best game as a pro and Kornet really stepped up. Down to 8 guys for basically an entire half is inpressive. Obviously I hope Mitch and Frank are ok

They need to be consistent day in and day out and not disappear like Houdini before I'm sold. Mudiay has a great change to stick next year!

I agree. I just meant last night specifically. Wins are still gonna be tough to come by but last night felt good
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/15/2018  1:46 PM
I definitely hope we can flip Mudiay for a second rounder at some point. I never liked **** first no defense players.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/15/2018  2:02 PM
I only got to see the overtime but I taped the gamee. I will make a point of watching it. Sounds like must see knicks tv.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/15/2018  3:24 PM

Mudiay has a very old school style of play, and he’s starting to realize he can dominate with his size, I love how he attacked the hoop and didn’t just settle.... hope he keeps putting in the work and keeps evolving into a nice player.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/15/2018  5:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I definitely hope we can flip Mudiay for a second rounder at some point. I never liked **** first no defense players.

haterrrr lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/15/2018  8:20 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I definitely hope we can flip Mudiay for a second rounder at some point. I never liked **** first no defense players.

haterrrr lol

For some being right is a higher priority than seeing a player they trashed have success.
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/16/2018  9:54 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

Mudiay has a very old school style of play, and he’s starting to realize he can dominate with his size, I love how he attacked the hoop and didn’t just settle.... hope he keeps putting in the work and keeps evolving into a nice player.

I’m glad he had a good game but I think he still has periods where he’s soft and he resorts to fade-aways etc

He’s far more effective when he keeps things simple and aggressive

(5)(5)
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/16/2018  1:42 PM
Chandler wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I’m glad he had a good game but I think he still has periods where he’s soft and he resorts to fade-aways etc

He’s far more effective when he keeps things simple and aggressive

Fadeaways is not a bad thing if he's able to create space and make them effectively

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Game Thread: Knicks in the Queen city of Charlotte vs. Willy and the Hornets!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy