Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/14/2018  2:02 PM
martin wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
blkexec wrote:He slowly turned this site into a racial discussion or debate on every political agenda, almost on a daily discussion thread. He also adds fuel to the fire on certain current events. Since he refused to keep the topics on knicks

Are you actually asking why someone would say things people won't like in a THREAD ABOUT POLITICS that was LEFT UP IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA and HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THE NY KNICKS on a board designed to TALK ABOUT THE NY KNICKS?

You wanted Briggs to talk about the Knicks, in a thread having nothing to do with the Knicks, left on a board's main area designed to actually talk about the NY Knicks.

While I think Briggs is one of the the dumbest people I've ever met regarding anything about the NBA, that is some serious ****ing horse**** you are spewing.

What the **** did anyone here think would happen when you leave up a thread about politics in a general area designed to talk about an NBA team?

Crazy idea. Really nutty idea here. DON'T GIVE ANYONE A PATHWAY TO TALK POLITICS IN THE GENERAL AREAS DESIGNED TO TALK ABOUT THE KNICKS. Crazy thought right? That NO ONE would have an opportunity to say **** no one wants to hear if there are no open pathways sanctioned to talk topics that only incite people and start **** with people.

Let's just get this down one more ****ing time.

You wanted Briggs to keep the topic on the Knicks IN A POLITICAL THREAD THAT HAD JACK SHIT TO DO WITH THE NY KNICKS. It's on Briggs for the **** he says. How people feel about that is up to them. That Briggs had an open pathway to piss people off, you want to clearly lay that on him too. But you gotta lay a **** load of road down to lay that part on him.

This is an appeal to Andrew, whomever he is and wherever he is right now - If you don't want your board members feuding each other over about clearly polarizing topics like politics, then don't allow those kind of topics to float in the general discussion area.

Something Chuck Daly used to say, and he wasn't the first -

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

PLAY STUPID GAMES. WIN STUPID PRIZES.

PLAY

STUPID

GAMES

WIN

STUPID

PRIZES

You are dead ****ing wrong on this. Politics is not an excuse for people to go bat**** crazy. End of story.

It's the laziest excuse I've ever heard.

And if you can't handle it and think it's OK to spew multiple levels of stupid, this is not the site for you.

Fair enough.
If any political thread is showing up in main Knicks blog - say away.
This is provocation...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/14/2018  4:05 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:What comments are we referring to with Briggs? Has he made racist remarks?

Oh, he only wanted to nuke the entire middle east and also south Korea 'to protect his family', but yeah, he's the real victim in all this because he got banned from a basketball forum after multiple warnings. I guess it's all about perspective.

I never got the impression that Briggs was a racist or a bigot. Im sure he doesn't think so. And really the important thing is whether he hates people based on their race. Some of the posts were incendiary for sure though.

The problem is people are very quick to pile on people with different opinions to make themselves feel better about them about themselves and gain approval of others. The end result is that this just reinforces everyone's opinions they hold and solves nothing.

Well, I suppose if you don't think wanting to nuke someone off the face of the earth based on their race is a hateful act or racist, then you probably won't think Briggs comes across as racist.

Correct, some of the stuff he posted was downright hurtful and bat**** crazy. He did sound completely unstable and in serious need of mental help at times. He couldn't keep his hate pointed towards the politics of an issue. He really honestly believed inner city kids are evil and so on.

So this were some thought passed in his mind at a moment which he put on paper instead of letting them go.
Why people were so worked out about other dude uncontrolled thoughts?
Billions of thoughts passing through the minds of the people every moment and disappear next moment.
Why we should care about this?

No one gives a flying flip about what thoughts pass through people's minds. It's when you start articulating them on a public forum that they become hate speech. He was asked to show self control several times and he didn't. That's on him. I miss Briggs here, but I support how Martin handled it with him, 100%

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/14/2018  5:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2018  5:40 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:What comments are we referring to with Briggs? Has he made racist remarks?

Oh, he only wanted to nuke the entire middle east and also south Korea 'to protect his family', but yeah, he's the real victim in all this because he got banned from a basketball forum after multiple warnings. I guess it's all about perspective.

I never got the impression that Briggs was a racist or a bigot. Im sure he doesn't think so. And really the important thing is whether he hates people based on their race. Some of the posts were incendiary for sure though.

The problem is people are very quick to pile on people with different opinions to make themselves feel better about them about themselves and gain approval of others. The end result is that this just reinforces everyone's opinions they hold and solves nothing.

Well, I suppose if you don't think wanting to nuke someone off the face of the earth based on their race is a hateful act or racist, then you probably won't think Briggs comes across as racist.

Correct, some of the stuff he posted was downright hurtful and bat**** crazy. He did sound completely unstable and in serious need of mental help at times. He couldn't keep his hate pointed towards the politics of an issue. He really honestly believed inner city kids are evil and so on.

So this were some thought passed in his mind at a moment which he put on paper instead of letting them go.
Why people were so worked out about other dude uncontrolled thoughts?
Billions of thoughts passing through the minds of the people every moment and disappear next moment.
Why we should care about this?

No one gives a flying flip about what thoughts pass through people's minds. It's when you start articulating them on a public forum that they become hate speech. He was asked to show self control several times and he didn't. That's on him. I miss Briggs here, but I support how Martin handled it with him, 100%

Obviously it is up to people to be respectful to audience whatever it is and try to not hurt other people feelings.
But it is also up to us to not provoke people, especially unstable once, from getting out of hook.
I try to improve myself by not paying attention to provocative posts and reply with respect and humor.
It will be great if all posters will take on the challenge to do just that.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/14/2018  8:46 PM
Papabear Says

Maybe Briggs got tired of the Knicks issues. I have not posted in a long time because I am so disgusted with just not the Knick but the politics of the NBA which also include the players. The way the cards are stacked against New York Knicks they may never win a championship. I look on the site sometimes and read some of the posts and see some of the dreams of you guys but I've been waiting for over 45 years. Papabear is in his 70s now and I see no hope down the road. Players make deals to play with one another and we get players who is on their last leg. We are now waiting for Porzingis and he is probably one step away from getting hurt again. I respect you guys clinging on to hope but when you get to be my age and was a Knicks fan since 10 years old I did enjoy 2 championships. Let me put it this way New York is probably the toughest place to play in. Too much partying too many drugs too many woman chasing the players. You have to have thick skin to play in New York. Melo had the thick skin but he was already done when he came here and we gave up everything to get him. We were never able to surround him with the right players to support him. What ever happened to Nicks luva? I'm still a Knicks fan but I just can't take the losses anymore.

Papabear
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
12/14/2018  11:01 PM
We got old
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/18/2018  9:23 PM
What happened to BRIGGS?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy