[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is this the year we blatantly tank?
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
12/12/2018  5:21 PM
Suns, Cavs, and Bulls were just pathetic last year with their tanking. I have no idea how Stern doesn't do something about it. Meanwhile, we win an extra 3 games at the end of the season and lose out of Doncic. Is this finally the year we tank for real until the end of the season or will the knicks just mess it up again and let Tim Hardaway Jr get hot and let him win like 10 extra games for us?

But why do the Knicks just REFUSE to blatantly tank like the the fore mentioned teams?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/12/2018  5:23 PM
You can make the case that you can't be more blatant than sticking Hezonja in your starting lineup lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/12/2018  6:09 PM
KP4Life wrote:Suns, Cavs, and Bulls were just pathetic last year with their tanking. I have no idea how Stern doesn't do something about it. Meanwhile, we win an extra 3 games at the end of the season and lose out of Doncic. Is this finally the year we tank for real until the end of the season or will the knicks just mess it up again and let Tim Hardaway Jr get hot and let him win like 10 extra games for us?

But why do the Knicks just REFUSE to blatantly tank like the the fore mentioned teams?

Hornacek screwed us out of the Doncic race, as his parting gift. Lowlife jerk.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/13/2018  2:36 AM
KP4Life wrote:Suns, Cavs, and Bulls were just pathetic last year with their tanking. I have no idea how Stern doesn't do something about it. Meanwhile, we win an extra 3 games at the end of the season and lose out of Doncic. Is this finally the year we tank for real until the end of the season or will the knicks just mess it up again and let Tim Hardaway Jr get hot and let him win like 10 extra games for us?

David Stern is no longer Commissioner.

I fail to see how the Cavs tanked last year. Feel free to give your reasoning as to that.

Western teams are an entirely different animal. The bottom rung Western teams get the **** beaten out of them because the West is so strong.

Knicks play in a gutted East. Less talented teams tanking and playoff teams resting their cores at the end of the season mean more back end wins. The Bulls can trade Jimmy Butler for young assets and negate Butler's ability to help generate wins. No one wants Kanter, Lee, Hardaway Jr, etc but those players will help the team generate a few wins.

When you have ****ty contracts no one wants, you cannot "organically tank"

Boston organically tanked. They traded off Garnett and Pierce and Rondo. They got draft picks and other young assets. They negated players who would help them get wins, improving their draft positions.

The Knicks cannot organically tank because of a ****ty roster based on it's stuck in the mud contracts and play in the Conference that is weaker, getting them more wins.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/13/2018  8:22 AM
Tanking would require you sitting your top guys, or playing them less, unfortunately, these are our top guys..
ES
blkexec
Member: #748
12/13/2018  11:57 AM
No....

This is the year we BLATANTLY SUCK.

But seriously, we don't have to sit our top guys to get a top pick. Our top guys are rookies learning on the job, injured and recovering from surgery, or playing in the G-league.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/13/2018  12:02 PM
blkexec wrote:No....

But seriously, we don't have to sit our top guys to get a top pick. Our top guys are rookies learning on the job, injured and recovering from surgery, or playing in the G-league.

the future looks ass bright as ever

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/13/2018  12:33 PM

Because he retired and Silver took over. Plus, Silver DID do something about it, changing the % related to top three picks.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/14/2018  4:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:No....

the future looks ass bright as ever

The future ain't what it used to be. - Yogi

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Is this the year we blatantly tank?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy