[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The re-education of Frank......
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

12/10/2018  11:27 AM

Last night was frank’s breakout he absolutely dominated his opponent on offense in the 3rd quarter. If frank is starting to realize he can’t be stopped by smaller guards Watch Out! His mid range first step is deadly long.... last nights game was a huge stepping stone for his development. I want frank to keep being a ball hog!

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2018  11:46 AM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:What in gods name does Fiz get these guys to do from the bench? Best player last nite was Baker! Incredible full court pass, drive to the rim and outside shot in garbage time.
Even his hair looked more in control!!

be wary of valuing garbage time minutes. very different dynamic

Did you watch his minutes?
Don't get me wrong, Baker should be first waived player. I've seen garbage time. Courtney was not playing garbage and team did not give up.

Nalod
USA
12/10/2018  12:09 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

Last night was frank’s breakout he absolutely dominated his opponent on offense in the 3rd quarter. If frank is starting to realize he can’t be stopped by smaller guards Watch Out! His mid range first step is deadly long.... last nights game was a huge stepping stone for his development. I want frank to keep being a ball hog!

The shot was syrupy smooth!!! The kid looked great. I loved Fez's reaction when there was a time out. The kid dominated for a few minutes. I don't know if that was the breakout but THAT HAD TO HAPPEN IF THERE WAS TO BE A BREAKOUT/UPSIDE to occur!!! Reference moments where it he "FEELS IT".
When Trier returns I don't know whose minutes he takes but at some point Fiz has to decide something about Mudiay and Burke. Both have improved this year and has worked hard.
With at team like this its not always about who deserves the minutes. Burke has busted his arse and earned his spot but sometimes age and potential trump above the rest. If the team was winning you go with what works. Its not, then its about the future.
All of Fizdales combinations have worked and not worked. Nobody has clearly stood out in long stretches. Dotson has earned his spot in the rotation certainly over Mario.
If he sets goals for the players and its defined who is and who is not meeting them then the order should sit reasonably with who is sitting.
All things being equal, you play the Yoot. In my mind Trier takes Burkes minutes. Trier backs Timmy. Mudiay and Frank are at the PG. Mario should be out. Start Knox, Mario back up. Dotson deserves to play. There is a problem there. I get Mario's place and why he is playing. Thats Logic. Emotionally I'd waive him. I have not seen anything that makes me want to keep him. Dot is a bit small for the SF spot. I'd be inclined to trade him if there is a value that can be had.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/10/2018  12:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

The shot was syrupy smooth!!! The kid looked great. I loved Fez's reaction when there was a time out. The kid dominated for a few minutes. I don't know if that was the breakout but THAT HAD TO HAPPEN IF THERE WAS TO BE A BREAKOUT/UPSIDE to occur!!! Reference moments where it he "FEELS IT".
When Trier returns I don't know whose minutes he takes but at some point Fiz has to decide something about Mudiay and Burke. Both have improved this year and has worked hard.
With at team like this its not always about who deserves the minutes. Burke has busted his arse and earned his spot but sometimes age and potential trump above the rest. If the team was winning you go with what works. Its not, then its about the future.
All of Fizdales combinations have worked and not worked. Nobody has clearly stood out in long stretches. Dotson has earned his spot in the rotation certainly over Mario.
If he sets goals for the players and its defined who is and who is not meeting them then the order should sit reasonably with who is sitting.
All things being equal, you play the Yoot. In my mind Trier takes Burkes minutes. Trier backs Timmy. Mudiay and Frank are at the PG. Mario should be out. Start Knox, Mario back up. Dotson deserves to play. There is a problem there. I get Mario's place and why he is playing. Thats Logic. Emotionally I'd waive him. I have not seen anything that makes me want to keep him. Dot is a bit small for the SF spot. I'd be inclined to trade him if there is a value that can be had.

Mario should be out of the rotation. Knox should be starting. It's time.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/10/2018  12:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:What in gods name does Fiz get these guys to do from the bench? Best player last nite was Baker! Incredible full court pass, drive to the rim and outside shot in garbage time.
Even his hair looked more in control!!

be wary of valuing garbage time minutes. very different dynamic

Did you watch his minutes?
Don't get me wrong, Baker should be first waived player. I've seen garbage time. Courtney was not playing garbage and team did not give up.

its more the opponent, e.g., playing more conservative D, to avoid fouls and clock stoppage, FTs etc. A lot of guys shine in that situation

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/10/2018  12:35 PM
Boobies is a SG and should be backing up Timmy or starting at forward over both Knox and Mario. I like Trier but Boobies has done more on defense and he has shown he can score. Trier had to show he can respond to defenses planning for him. Otherwise his iso style won't lead to success. Mudiay and Burke still suck on defense along with Kanter.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/10/2018  1:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Boobies is a SG and should be backing up Timmy or starting at forward over both Knox and Mario. I like Trier but Boobies has done more on defense and he has shown he can score. Trier had to show he can respond to defenses planning for him. Otherwise his iso style won't lead to success. Mudiay and Burke still suck on defense along with Kanter.

All this time trying to figure it out and I still don't know who "boobies"I. I give up, who is boobies?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/10/2018  1:20 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

It's more imppressive that he had this type of game after having such a horrible November. Shows he is willing to fight. Willing to put in the work. Shows Fizz is in these guys ears building them up.

I am also wondering if it was fatigue and those game off allowed him to rest and rejuvenate himself?

But now he needs to string together multiple games.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/10/2018  1:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Boobies is a SG and should be backing up Timmy or starting at forward over both Knox and Mario. I like Trier but Boobies has done more on defense and he has shown he can score. Trier had to show he can respond to defenses planning for him. Otherwise his iso style won't lead to success. Mudiay and Burke still suck on defense along with Kanter.

All this time trying to figure it out and I still don't know who "boobies"I. I give up, who is boobies?

I was in the same boat; was told it is Dotson, because his initials are DD

I'll stick with Dot, personally

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
12/10/2018  2:56 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

It's more imppressive that he had this type of game after having such a horrible November. Shows he is willing to fight. Willing to put in the work. Shows Fizz is in these guys ears building them up.

I am also wondering if it was fatigue and those game off allowed him to rest and rejuvenate himself?

But now he needs to string together multiple games.

Two games now he has had good moments. Lets be real, it not logical he being comes "LINsane" over nite. Inconsistency is the norm for young players. The kid looks like he still don't shave!! I think 20 min a nite as back up and as long as he has moments with more consistency. It was rumored KP likes Frank in the line up and one can see his PNR is really quite good!
He does connect with Mitch well.

The re-education of Frank......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy