[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The re-education of Frank......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/9/2018  10:33 AM
SHort sample in his return and does not mean the kid is back on a better trajectory. It’s also not a one man game so who your playing with matters.
But........
The defense energy was their and more important it was the Fiz Kids that were on the floor.
There was nothing about frank that was so different but with him playing the ball movement was their and if he can hit his shot he will draw defenders to him and AWAY from others.
This is such a simple concept and its why he has to sit. HE does not have to hit at an elite rate but he has to function at an avg NBA relate.
The pick and roll was also back last night. It’s a major weapon for KP as well when he returns. Bottom line is Frank plays defense and the team had two 24 second holds on the nets! This bought the energy. The defense fuels the offense. This team looked very different in the 4th quarter than it has in the last few games.

Half full or half empty. In a way Fiz and the “Craig Robinson Special Sauce” (my concoction) seems to be doing a very good job! It’s inconsstant as it should be with young players but its also creating a problem for who plays and who does not. It’s not as simple as “Play the yoots” and see where it goes as you run the risk of burn out and as Knicks1248 repeatingly says can led to bad habits. Fiz likely has an idea of where he wants to go with this team but the hard part how to get there. For fans its especially difficult to understand as the ebbs and flows don’t always add up.

I’m glad I stuck with the game last nite to see the 4th quarter. It gives me hope.

AUTOADVERT
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
12/9/2018  10:47 AM
I think Frank does a good job of getting the team into their rhythym.

NOt sure if it was noticed last niight but after Dotson hit his first 3, on the very NEXT possession, when Frnak got the ball in the backcourt he motioned to Dotson. Frank broiudht up the ball and Dotson came off a screen, got the ball and hit another 3. Frank recognized the hot hand and told him to be ready. LEADERSHIP. HE also shows it on the defensive end.

Mudiay also runs the team well and has looked good this year. Burke is a scoring PG. He runs the PnR very well but its alwasy about his shot. For Frank its about everyone else first and D. I am OK with that. If the team becomes what it is envisioned, KP, KNox, Durant (?), Zion and Hardaway are the scorers. Frank needs to facilitate and Defend. He already does that.

Frank is the future.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/9/2018  10:52 AM
Nalod wrote:SHort sample in his return and does not mean the kid is back on a better trajectory. It’s also not a one man game so who your playing with matters.
But........
The defense energy was their and more important it was the Fiz Kids that were on the floor.
There was nothing about frank that was so different but with him playing the ball movement was their and if he can hit his shot he will draw defenders to him and AWAY from others.
This is such a simple concept and its why he has to sit. HE does not have to hit at an elite rate but he has to function at an avg NBA relate.
The pick and roll was also back last night. It’s a major weapon for KP as well when he returns. Bottom line is Frank plays defense and the team had two 24 second holds on the nets! This bought the energy. The defense fuels the offense. This team looked very different in the 4th quarter than it has in the last few games.

Half full or half empty. In a way Fiz and the “Craig Robinson Special Sauce” (my concoction) seems to be doing a very good job! It’s inconsstant as it should be with young players but its also creating a problem for who plays and who does not. It’s not as simple as “Play the yoots” and see where it goes as you run the risk of burn out and as Knicks1248 repeatingly says can led to bad habits. Fiz likely has an idea of where he wants to go with this team but the hard part how to get there. For fans its especially difficult to understand as the ebbs and flows don’t always add up.

I’m glad I stuck with the game last nite to see the 4th quarter. It gives me hope.

He played well last night. The best minutes the team played last night were with Frank on the floor. I thought the performance from the team outside of the 4th quarter was unacceptable. Getting drilled on your home floor by the Nets can't happen.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/9/2018  11:04 AM
He always plays well vs the Nets. Was the perfect game to get him back out there for.

He seemed more fired up than usual.

Trier was jocking a little to much in that 4th. Ball wasn't coming out once it touched his hands. Needs work playing with the 4 other guys. There was times he would drive before his own teamates would clear the lane which created extra defenders. Granted he was looking to score quickly to help get the score closer. But he gotta work with his teammates better and keep looking to get guys like Mitch easy finishes and Knox/Dotson/Frank open looks with such strong penetration ability.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/9/2018  11:06 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I think Frank does a good job of getting the team into their rhythym.

NOt sure if it was noticed last niight but after Dotson hit his first 3, on the very NEXT possession, when Frnak got the ball in the backcourt he motioned to Dotson. Frank broiudht up the ball and Dotson came off a screen, got the ball and hit another 3. Frank recognized the hot hand and told him to be ready. LEADERSHIP. HE also shows it on the defensive end.

Mudiay also runs the team well and has looked good this year. Burke is a scoring PG. He runs the PnR very well but its alwasy about his shot. For Frank its about everyone else first and D. I am OK with that. If the team becomes what it is envisioned, KP, KNox, Durant (?), Zion and Hardaway are the scorers. Frank needs to facilitate and Defend. He already does that.

Frank is the future.

dude! i don’t want to have to change my pants this early in the day.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2018  11:35 AM
Marv wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I think Frank does a good job of getting the team into their rhythym.

Frank is the future.

I thought you were already on the adult diapers?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/9/2018  11:49 AM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:

Frank is the future.

I thought you were already on the adult diapers?

try ‘em. u’ll never go back.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/9/2018  11:57 AM

Frank is the future.

Please continue to share knowledge for some of these fans. Frank needs more confidence like most rookies and sophomores. That doesn't mean he should be a gunner.....We have plenty of those. And will continue to add more. What Frank brings is exactly what this team needs. A ball mover who can hit open shots....play defense...and be a floor leader. All of that takes time under the Broadway lights of NYC. Hopefully yesterday was a turning point for Frank's career.

It's not Frank's fault that his position is saturated. I'm curious who gets the boot to make room for Trier. Burke is a solid scoring guard, but is he better on the team or as trade bait? My dream trade is a Michigan package of Tim and Burke. I've never been a fan of inconsistent offensive players that doesn't impact the game on defense.

Having KD and Zion is definitely a wet dream.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
12/9/2018  1:45 PM
Timmy needs to be not a primary option. When team goes cold and timmy presses he either carries the team or it goes south quickly.
Thats true with any player. Timmy is not paid like a super star so lets not think he is disappointing. He should be 3rd option on a good team.
He was bought in to compliment KP.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/9/2018  4:15 PM
Marv wrote:

Frank is the future.

Well, I agree its a dream but is it not possible? WE already have KP, Knox, Hardaway and Frank. If we keep our record this bad, we could end up in the bottom 3. Zion is possible. IF we dump Lee for cap space, renounce kanter, I think they are close to the max money for Durant!

It would be my plan

Frank
Hardaway
Knox
Durant
KP

Robinson
VOnleh
Mudiay
Dotson
trier

Nalod
USA
12/10/2018  6:50 AM
What in gods name does Fiz get these guys to do from the bench? Best player last nite was Baker! Incredible full court pass, drive to the rim and outside shot in garbage time.
Even his hair looked more in control!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/10/2018  7:25 AM
Nalod wrote:What in gods name does Fiz get these guys to do from the bench? Best player last nite was Baker! Incredible full court pass, drive to the rim and outside shot in garbage time.
It's like he is starving the hounds and them letting them go Loco man.

Fiz really is pushing the right buttons with these DNPs . Hope the kids learn from this.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/10/2018  8:20 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Nalod wrote:What in gods name does Fiz get these guys to do from the bench? Best player last nite was Baker! Incredible full court pass, drive to the rim and outside shot in garbage time.
It's like he is starving the hounds and them letting them go Loco man.

Fiz really is pushing the right buttons with these DNPs . Hope the kids learn from this.

I agree with that

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/10/2018  8:36 AM

unfortunately the results are still the same

ES
Nalod
USA
12/10/2018  8:37 AM
They must be. Anyone that goes DNP comes back not just motivated but seemingly not jacked out. Frank got a taste of the hot hand and ran with it. Parker really took him to school last nite. Tony’s skill level still very apparent in half court sets. That was a treat to watch him again. HOF bound.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/10/2018  8:59 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Marv wrote:

Frank is the future.

Well, I agree its a dream but is it not possible? WE already have KP, Knox, Hardaway and Frank. If we keep our record this bad, we could end up in the bottom 3. Zion is possible. IF we dump Lee for cap space, renounce kanter, I think they are close to the max money for Durant!

It would be my plan

Frank
Hardaway
Knox
Durant
KP

Robinson
VOnleh
Mudiay
Dotson
trier

This is my hope too. I am not really as interested in bringing back Mudiay right now. I would prefer to draft Morant who is a small-school over-achiever like Lillard in the top 7.

C KP/ Robinson
PF Durant/ Vonleh
SF Knox/ Dotson
SG Hardaway/ Trier
PG Ntilikina/ Morant

That would be my dream team right there.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/10/2018  9:28 AM

be wary of valuing garbage time minutes. very different dynamic

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/10/2018  10:02 AM
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Marv wrote:

Frank is the future.

It would be my plan

Frank
Hardaway
Knox
Durant
KP

Robinson
VOnleh
Mudiay
Dotson
trier

This is my hope too. I am not really as interested in bringing back Mudiay right now. I would prefer to draft Morant who is a small-school over-achiever like Lillard in the top 7.

C KP/ Robinson
PF Durant/ Vonleh
SF Knox/ Dotson
SG Hardaway/ Trier
PG Ntilikina/ Morant

I would prefer an elite pg playing with KP, not KD who essential plays the same position as Knox nd KP, what sense does not make. They all take 20 shots a piece.

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/10/2018  10:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Marv wrote:

Frank is the future.

It would be my plan

Frank
Hardaway
Knox
Durant
KP

Robinson
VOnleh
Mudiay
Dotson
trier

C KP/ Robinson
PF Durant/ Vonleh
SF Knox/ Dotson
SG Hardaway/ Trier
PG Ntilikina/ Morant

I would prefer an elite pg playing with KP, not KD who essential plays the same position as Knox nd KP, what sense does not make. They all take 20 shots a piece.

There is only one ball and about 80 possessions in the game.
KP/KD/Knix/Timmy all need 20 shots... so how this lineup can work?
Dotson is many times over more efficient player that Timmy and he need 10 shots max.
Frank need no more that 10 also.
If KD is in (unlikely) Timmy is odd man out.
Also both KP and KD will need to change their game to shot less and move the ball.
I think KD can and like play like this. KP will need to learn and sacrifice some of his offense.
Also who will be the ultimate leader here KP or KD? They both are Alphas so it will not be easy to manage the egos.
They both need their own team so I doubt they will ever play together.
In fact it would make more sense if KD would be at the end of his NBA stint not at the prime.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/10/2018  10:43 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Marv wrote:

Frank is the future.

It would be my plan

Frank
Hardaway
Knox
Durant
KP

Robinson
VOnleh
Mudiay
Dotson
trier

C KP/ Robinson
PF Durant/ Vonleh
SF Knox/ Dotson
SG Hardaway/ Trier
PG Ntilikina/ Morant

There is only one ball and about 80 possessions in the game.
KP/KD/Knix/Timmy all need 20 shots... so how this lineup can work?
Dotson is many times over more efficient player that Timmy and he need 10 shots max.
Frank need no more that 10 also.
If KD is in (unlikely) Timmy is odd man out.
Also both KP and KD will need to change their game to shot less and move the ball.
I think KD can and like play like this. KP will need to learn and sacrifice some of his offense.
Also who will be the ultimate leader here KP or KD? They both are Alphas so it will not be easy to manage the egos.
They both need their own team so I doubt they will ever play together.
In fact it would make more sense if KD would be at the end of his NBA stint not at the prime.

Hardaway would eventually be the odd man out i'm sure. Dotson is the ideal SG for that roster. But Hardaway has 2 years left after this season. You figure out those things later. KD is now in his 30s and KP will take some of the load from him. Knox will too as he develops. But yeah nothing is guarenteed. If we don't land KD, i'm content going after a 2nd tier PG (Rubio or Bledsoe) and just rolling with what we have and developing all of the pieces.

The re-education of Frank......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy