(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/6/2018  10:49 PM
Chandler wrote:Of course frank doesn’t have the clout

We are the new Magic. The old Magic now have budenholzer and a future

Get a grip. The two situations are nothing alike.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/6/2018  11:03 PM
Panos wrote:

By that I suspect u mean it only took benching Gasol for one fourth quarter and a FO who had a clue

To that extent you’re right

(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/7/2018  7:50 AM
I'm going to keep posting this until people here see it themselves.

Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley.

Fiz has gotten Mudiay right, he got Dotson right, he will get Frank right.

Frank probably needs to go down to the G League.

Trust Fiz.

Not to offend any women, but there are a fair number of posters that seem to get their panties in a bunch, and they have no clear idea as to what they are lashing out at.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/7/2018  8:11 AM
So he suppose to sit Lee who's 10x better than frank, .

His rotation is 10, who is suppose to sit when they are trying to see what they have in mario, mudiay. You know how many DNPs CD Mudiay and Burke got in their 2nd yr.

Cant believe he is comparing Gasol and Frank..lol, what a BIAS statement

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/7/2018  8:24 AM
fiz has a lot to manage here. for example, to me it’s clear that mario is not gonna be here next year. but the knicks don’t really want to go on record with saying hey come sign here and watch your nba career die on the vine. this isn’t just a favor to mario, they have to keep him on the floor so future guys in his position don’t say **** new york that place is a graveyard.
Chandler

12/7/2018  9:28 AM
We just got waxed by a team struggling with offense. they scored 40 in the first quarter, and this year celts are near the bottom in first quarter scoring. We've had other games where we lose by not putting our best D on the best wing to close a game

c'mon don't be naïve. there is more going on here than you give credit to. Whether it's Phil/Gaines or whatever, there is something driving this decision. can't credibly deny that the team could have sorely used him. Celts have no problem playing Smart effectively who is great on D but has a truly horrible shot

If this is supposed to be a development year, they should play Frank. It's that simple. If you don't want to start him, fine. But DNPs are there to humiliate him. At a minimum they should be molding him to be a defensive stopper akin to Smart, Bowen, whoever you choose.

And while I'm happy to give Fizz and FO for credit where it's due, it's nuts to say he or the FO are completely above any criticism.

And regarding Fizz being a great coach, I'm not ready to concede that. He might be a great motivator, and he might be good (for the vast majority of cases) of connecting with today's players. That's all good and he should get credit for that. But great? C'mon, he was roughly .500 with Memphis -- a good team -- and barely lasted a season. Mud's shooting has improved -- that's great, but his passing has regressed -- sorry that's just the stats talking.

(5)(5)
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/7/2018  9:51 AM
Marv wrote:fiz has a lot to manage here. for example, to me it’s clear that mario is not gonna be here next year. but the knicks don’t really want to go on record with saying hey come sign here and watch your nba career die on the vine. this isn’t just a favor to mario, they have to keep him on the floor so future guys in his position don’t say **** new york that place is a graveyard.

i don't understand that thinking at all.

mario doesn't deserve to play. he totally sucks.

any free agent who doesn't totally suck should not be comparing themselves to how the knicks did or didn't treat a free agent signing who totally sucks.

Chandler

12/7/2018  9:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2018  9:59 AM
franco12 wrote:I'm going to keep posting this until people here see it themselves.

Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley.

Fiz has gotten Mudiay right, he got Dotson right, he will get Frank right.

Frank probably needs to go down to the G League.

Trust Fiz.

Not to offend any women, but there are a fair number of posters that seem to get their panties in a bunch, and they have no clear idea as to what they are lashing out at.

Fizdale said he appreciates Hezonja’s defense, which, historically, has not been the Croatian’s strong suit.
“I love the way he’s defending,” Fizdale said. “That’s the thing at that position – setting a good tone for that big wing position. I’ve really been happy the way he’s been competing that way. And he’s been getting some stuff easy in transition when we need some easy baskets.”

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/7/2018  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2018  10:03 AM
Chandler wrote:
Panos wrote:

By that I suspect u mean it only took benching Gasol for one fourth quarter and a FO who had a clue

To that extent you’re right

Your comparing the benching of a 3 time All Star vs the DNP of a 19 year old who was getting outplayed by several others?
Bout right for you.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/7/2018  11:25 AM
anrst wrote:
Marv wrote:fiz has a lot to manage here. for example, to me it’s clear that mario is not gonna be here next year. but the knicks don’t really want to go on record with saying hey come sign here and watch your nba career die on the vine. this isn’t just a favor to mario, they have to keep him on the floor so future guys in his position don’t say **** new york that place is a graveyard.

any free agent who doesn't totally suck should not be comparing themselves to how the knicks did or didn't treat a free agent signing who totally sucks.

i think u’re right it won’t matter to a long-term signing but i think it will for a guy who’s willing to sign for one year with the hopes of resurrecting his career path. and this FO seems to be utilizing that approach.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2018  11:41 AM

Im glad someone else bought this up as I have tried before. Having a reputation is important as some players will take less money for an opportunity. They still have to make good on it (Burke did) and Mario is still just 25 games in. To be fair he did have some limited game minute games when he did not play well.
As a franchise its important that knicks uphold what ever promise was made. Mario made a deal. Does he deserve his minutes? Not likely.

I am totally a Frank fan and think if we going to suck, why not just let him work it thru. It has to become evident that everyone else is not really getting it done before you bring that back.

CLee is working back into shape and must get minutes if he is to be traded. That or we have to buy him out. Again, have to treat these guys good to keep a reputation of being fair. He seems to be hitting his shots.

As for comparing anything to Grizz Its a silly thing.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/7/2018  12:31 PM
anrst wrote:

Yeah, this is a weak argument, especially when we have Vonleh starting. We have enough examples of guys coming here and making good on prove it deals. I think most agents and players are savvy enough to understand that Mario sucks. It was a bad signing. Even, if the plan is to build up Mario's confidence, where not putting him in the best position to succeed. He played well as a point forward at the PF spot last season. Why don't we try him there coming off the bench in limited minutes?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/7/2018  6:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
anrst wrote:

Yeah, this is a weak argument, especially when we have Vonleh starting. We have enough examples of guys coming here and making good on prove it deals. I think most agents and players are savvy enough to understand that Mario sucks. It was a bad signing. Even, if the plan is to build up Mario's confidence, where not putting him in the best position to succeed. He played well as a point forward at the PF spot last season. Why don't we try him there coming off the bench in limited minutes?

This was already tried. Now they try to present him as a starter to get anything for him in trade.
Not sure he can help with that. But why not to try? We may lose 55 games instead of 50. All for better.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/7/2018  6:21 PM
Nalod wrote:

Im glad someone else bought this up as I have tried before. Having a reputation is important as some players will take less money for an opportunity. They still have to make good on it (Burke did) and Mario is still just 25 games in. To be fair he did have some limited game minute games when he did not play well.
As a franchise its important that knicks uphold what ever promise was made. Mario made a deal. Does he deserve his minutes? Not likely.

I am totally a Frank fan and think if we going to suck, why not just let him work it thru. It has to become evident that everyone else is not really getting it done before you bring that back.

CLee is working back into shape and must get minutes if he is to be traded. That or we have to buy him out. Again, have to treat these guys good to keep a reputation of being fair. He seems to be hitting his shots.

As for comparing anything to Grizz Its a silly thing.

Frank is 2nd year rookie 20-year old kid and Gasol is seasoned veteran and star player.
One can kind of compare Gasol with Enes... but even this is weak as Kanter is a just a role player.
We saw Burke, Mud, Dot, and others DNP for some stretches.
This is Fiz way to deal with evaluation process on team with a bunch of unknowns during the initial rebuild season.
It facilitates a lot of goals, including evaluating, teaching, disciplining, reducing the wins total, etc.
Plus it keeps players fresh to see how they perform in top physical shape. Also it is injury prevention tactics.
Absolutely rare opportunity for the coaching stuff to have training-camp like season.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2018  7:46 PM
This. Knick management has to repair the franchise's reputation with players, agents and other front offices. Burying a guy that chose a 1 yr deal because of relationships and opportunity over a multi year deal other places is not a good look.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/7/2018  7:50 PM

It doesn't seem like throwing Frank out there no matter how poorly he played was working. Trying something different that worked for Fiz with other guys should not be out of the question for Frank. It is possible that Fiz is doing this for a reason that doesn't harm Frank. Frank certainly wasn't working his way through his struggles on the court.
Budenholzer is with the Bucks.
CrushAlot
USA
12/7/2018  7:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
anrst wrote:

I am good with Fiz making these decisions. When Lance and Frank were killing the offense he eventually pulled them. I don't think Mario is locked into the position this season but I do think Fiz might be seeing if he can get into a rhythm and play better. He has kept other guys that were struggling in the line up for long stretches.
CrushAlot
USA
12/7/2018  8:24 PM
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/7/2018  10:55 PM
and there you have it folks
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Frank = Gasol 2.0

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy