[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why do the knicks feel like they are an attractive destination
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/13/2018  8:27 AM
we have lost to the bull, nets, and cavs, we look very attractive right now.

Who's is the better #8 pick, 2017 frank or 2018 sexton. and it's not even close, it's by a land slide

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/13/2018  8:40 AM
knicks1248 wrote:we have lost to the bull, nets, and cavs, we look very attractive right now.

Who's is the better #8 pick, 2017 frank or 2018 sexton. and it's not even close, it's by a land slide

AgendaBoy continues to go off the rails. By the way that draft thread you claimed didnt exist was just pulled up in this thread.
knicks1248
12/13/2018  8:52 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:we have lost to the bull, nets, and cavs, we look very attractive right now.

AgendaBoy continues to go off the rails. By the way that draft thread you claimed didnt exist was just pulled up in this thread.

I knew you would be the first to defend your love interest....did you pee the bed last night?

ES
StarksEwing1

12/13/2018  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2018  8:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I knew you would be the first to defend your love interest....did you pee the bed last night?

Wow thats so original, I guess getting exposed gets you pissy. No to answer your weird question I didnt BUT Kevin Knox throwing down that big dunk certainly got me pumped
knicks1248
12/13/2018  9:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2018  9:27 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Wow thats so original, I guess getting exposed gets you pissy. No to answer your weird question I didnt BUT Kevin Knox throwing down that big dunk certainly got me pumped

https:/http:///en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NBA_draft

go look at this list , of the 60 players that were drafted 4 yrs ago, less than 10 are on the team that drafted them, half are not even in the league any more..

Only 1 player (embiid) is an all star..

so who is getting expose.

ES
StarksEwing1

12/13/2018  9:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

go look at this list , of the 60 players that were drafted 4 yrs ago, less than 10 are on the team that drafted them, half are not even in the league any more..

I never suggested every draft pick is a guarantee. But just trading picks and youth for veterans like we did for 15 years obviously didn’t work. With KP coming back,along with a free agent,another top pick mixed with the kids we already have developing under fiz is a much better plans. Yes you want win right away but the reality is with a young team missing their top player wins are gonna be tough the first year. I rather have a chance of long sustainable success than just selling off assets to barely make the playoffs and get bounced the the first round...then being back to square one
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/13/2018  10:44 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I never suggested every draft pick is a guarantee. But just trading picks and youth for veterans like we did for 15 years obviously didn’t work. With KP coming back,along with a free agent,another top pick mixed with the kids we already have developing under fiz is a much better plans. Yes you want win right away but the reality is with a young team missing their top player wins are gonna be tough the first year. I rather have a chance of long sustainable success than just selling off assets to barely make the playoffs and get bounced the the first round...then being back to square one

It's maddening trying to get knicks1248 to understand this basic concept. High pick= best chance to land a star (and on a cheap locked in contract), because you get first dibs at them. Best chance of getting high pick= lose games. He retorts with "oh but there are lots of times drafted players have been bad", oblivious to the basic point you've just tried to make. Give yourself best chance= best chance of success. Yes you can get lucky outside of that, but the odds are less.

StarksEwing1

12/13/2018  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2018  11:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

It's maddening trying to get knicks1248 to understand this basic concept. High pick= best chance to land a star (and on a cheap locked in contract), because you get first dibs at them. Best chance of getting high pick= lose games. He retorts with "oh but there are lots of times drafted players have been bad", oblivious to the basic point you've just tried to make. Give yourself best chance= best chance of success. Yes you can get lucky outside of that, but the odds are less.

I ALWAYS root to win. Wherever we end up in the draft it’s most likely gonna be high pick Anyway. I’m not against trading picks if it absolutely makes sense but the way we are constructed and with management having a plan to build through youth/picks it makes no sense to just start trading the assets now
knicks1248
12/13/2018  11:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2018  11:49 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

It didn't work for us because we traded for the wrong type of players, it worked for Boston, it worked for Toronto, it worked for the Lakers, it worked for Houston, it worked for Denver.

Making bad trades and drafting bad players will give you the same results. You could tank and draft mario or trey burke, then wtf do you tell your fan base..be patient

The problem with you is that your so caught up on the IT ERA and the Bargiani trade(which scared us into not trading for lowry) that you think it's almost impossible for this franchise to make a good trade.

If the average length of an NBA player is 4.8 yrs, how many can you afford on development, which is why so many young players get moved after yr 2 if they don't show a vast improvement..

Im not banking on no draft pick to move the needle, just like im not banking on lottery #s to pay my bills..

ES
StarksEwing1

12/13/2018  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2018  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

It didn't work for us because we traded for the wrong type of players, it worked for Boston, it worked for Toronto, it worked for the Lakers, it worked for Houston, it worked for Denver.

Making bad trades and drafting bad players will give you the same results. You could tank and draft mario or trey burke, then wtf do you tell your fan base..be patient

The problem with you is that your so caught up on the IT ERA and the Bargiani trade(which scared us into not trading for lowry) that you think it's almost impossible for this franchise to make a good trade.

If the average length of an NBA player is 4.8 yrs, how many can you afford on development, which is why so many young players get moved after yr 2 if they don't show a vast improvement..

Im not banking on no draft pick to move the needle, just like im not banking on lottery #s to pay my bills..

I don’t get caught up in anything. It’s not about The Bargnani trade, that’s actually further down the list in regard to our screwups. The Knicks are doing the right thing for a change. You don’t agree and that’s fine but they are not changing their plan. Next year will be much better in terms of wins and in the long run it will be worth it. It seems you are the only one dead set against this plan
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/13/2018  12:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You have already gone on record to say that you don't trust perry and mills to make the right trade and yet you want them to pull the trigger. Read the thread: How we won the Melo trade.

SMH.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1

12/13/2018  12:52 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You have already gone on record to say that you don't trust perry and mills to make the right trade and yet you want them to pull the trigger. Read the thread: How we won the Melo trade.

SMH.

Very True
sidsanders
Member: #2426

12/13/2018  7:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

how do you make a trade when you dont have anything of value someone would want -- triplet has mentioned this to you in this very thread. if you do have things of value, you may not want to unload them. context matters, situation matters. always be prepared to take advantage. the knicks have stunk doing this. just because they have does not mean they always will.

so you dont like the draft, dont think the FO can make a trade and dont see how they can get fa cuz the team stinks. why are you a fan again? you have nothing to look forward to based on your posting style. however, carry on with angry fist shakes at a situation you cannot change. i have learned my lesson on that as a sports fan.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/13/2018  8:30 PM
sidsanders wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

how do you make a trade when you dont have anything of value someone would want -- triplet has mentioned this to you in this very thread. if you do have things of value, you may not want to unload them. context matters, situation matters. always be prepared to take advantage. the knicks have stunk doing this. just because they have does not mean they always will.

so you dont like the draft, dont think the FO can make a trade and dont see how they can get fa cuz the team stinks. why are you a fan again? you have nothing to look forward to based on your posting style. however, carry on with angry fist shakes at a situation you cannot change. i have learned my lesson on that as a sports fan.

You forgot KP may not be a real franchise player and he may be injury prone and Perry should sign him to a 1 5mil prove it contract just to be sure. And if he doesn't then he doesn't know what he is doing.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Why do the knicks feel like they are an attractive destination

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy