[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What the Phuck is Fiz doing with our crazy linups.......!
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/6/2018  11:34 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I agree that there has to be more than meets the eye with Hezonja. It's baffling. Whatever, I hope things are stabilized soon.

I think at this point it's safe to say Clarence Gaines is ANTI KNICK

He definitely is bitter. Seemed like he had a sweet thing going there when he and Mills were laughing at Melo's workout video right after Phil got canned. Berman reported that it appears Gaines was behind the pursuing and signing of Joakim.

Yikes. Definitely bad blood and super surprised to see this playing out in a Twitter feud

I don't know if anyone saw the post article where Fizz was saying FO supported him regarding Frank. Somehow I think Frank is being caught in the middle of some hissy-fit ****

Why?

we weren't winning with him and he was a mess,but I'm sure he'll have another opportunity if we lose more than 3 or 4 in a row

ES
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/6/2018  11:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I agree that there has to be more than meets the eye with Hezonja. It's baffling. Whatever, I hope things are stabilized soon.

He definitely is bitter. Seemed like he had a sweet thing going there when he and Mills were laughing at Melo's workout video right after Phil got canned. Berman reported that it appears Gaines was behind the pursuing and signing of Joakim.

Yikes. Definitely bad blood and super surprised to see this playing out in a Twitter feud

I don't know if anyone saw the post article where Fizz was saying FO supported him regarding Frank. Somehow I think Frank is being caught in the middle of some hissy-fit ****

Why?

we weren't winning with him and he was a mess,but I'm sure he'll have another opportunity if we lose more than 3 or 4 in a row

Yeah, Fiz did a decent job with the PG battle. He kept in line with this keep what you kill atmosphere the team was reportedly trying to build. I'm sure Frank will get another shot. It's the other positions outside of THj and Vonleh that are puzzling.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
12/7/2018  12:58 AM
The 2nd unit for the rest of this season should be:

Pg: Trier
Sg: Ntlinkina
Sf: Dotson
Pf: Knox
C: Robinson

Let those young guys play together. They can build a cohesiveness especially with Trier being the primary ball handler.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/7/2018  9:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Why?

It's speculation/inference. For example, I could imagine that Mills was advocating for Mitchell or DSJ and Gaines was advocating for Frank. Phil chooses Frank and Mills feels disrespected. Gaines starts criticizing Knicks about Hezonja (which could be fair); and the Knicks FO thinking you choose franl over mitchell

Anyway, DNPs make no sense to me so that's why I think it's more than basketball here.

Frank isn't going to foregt this. It could turn out well -- maybe it lights a fire; or it could be that he leaves this ****-show the first chance he gets

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/7/2018  9:51 AM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Anyone that thinks this year is about lineups, should stick to watching cricket.

Fiz has done a great job giving EVERYONE a look and fair shake thus far. He has done so and stayed competitive. Lets see the armchair geniuses suggest better lineups. For those mad that Frank is sitting, guess you were not listening at the beginning of the year when he said he will roll the ball out and let the best players play. What kind of respect would he have if he now changed the rules!!

Thank you. As I posted earlier- what is our record with KP? We're probably 500 or just a smidge over.

Add KD, and we're in first.

I love Fiz- I think he has done a great job of getting guys to overachieve.

What clear cut starter has he benched?

Before you fall too deeply in love consider the stats.

The team is playing worse on offense (passing and shooting) than last year (even though Fizz is rooted as a pg). We are dead last as a team in most passing stats. Mudiay is shooting better but passing worse (fewer assist more TOs). Yes he can look good here and there but he's averaging 3 assists and 2 TO a game roughly -- egads. that's our savior, our best passer? and he's not developing as a passer --he's regressing

More embarassing, we're far worse on defense (when Hornacek coached! let that sink in) This is so, even though this year we have Dot, Vonleh, and Mitch bring significantly more defensive energy than some of their predecessors

It's easy to like Fizz's passion (I do at least); and it's easy to see a lot of players playing hard for him (that's great). I am actually pulling for him, but that's because I'm a fan not because of the evidence in front of us.
the evidence suggests some very concerning aspects -- much more than lineups

His old GM said he couldn't close games; and we've seen that -- hopefully things improve

He alienated his best player in Memphis; Fizz said he learned from that, but KP has already called BS on him in a tweet, and Frank is probably not sending him any XMAS cards this year. ANd no, this isn't complaining about losing a starting role; i get that; Mud is playing better. This is about retarded DNPs when they could have used Frank's defense at least situationally (e.g., against Beale and the like) reinforcing and building Frank's confidence as a defensive stopper if nothing else. (How many games are we going to lose with THJ guarding the opponents best wing to end a game). And yes, I still think Fizz intended to humiliate Frank by gluing Frank to pine after 6 minutes when Frank did what coach wanted him to do --- attack the paint (albeit Frank could have done that better).

Whether it's KP or Frank, players have choices. The retreads will come here because we'll pay them. If we don't get some semblance of a system, culture, and real accountability the good guys are going to walk or find a way to force a trade.

Anyone who judges a new coach after 25 games and with a roster full of projects is an idiot! Anyone who thinks culture is developed in 25 games is a moron. We have a few on here.

As for accountability, Fiz has done nothing but hold players accountable.

Speak for yourself

Not one. Are you? Im not the one labeling him as a bad ccoach or a good one and showing stats to support the great theory at the 25 game mark. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though. Besides Only real morons on here are the ones still blaming the Knicks for not matching Jeremy Lin's ridiculous contract.

As stated, think he has done a good job giving everyone a shot. The ones that have their panties in a wad about benching Frank are the ones that pronounced Frank as the second coming and are mad he has not played well before his 20th bday. Think he will still be a very good player and will continue to improve.

Not sure where the Jeremy Lin contract stuff is coming from, not me. I wasn't on the board for that drama

on the flip side i do recall you calling every and anyone an idiot for questioning Melo's skills -- i.e., the guy who got kicked out of Okl in 1 year, and out of Houston in a heart beat

I've been wrong very often and admit to it when i am, but have never been that wrong

I called someone an idiot for saying Melo was no longer a building block at 37? Nah
Always defended Melo as not being the main cause of our bad seasons under Uncle Phil.
Thought he was the only All Star/HOF that has wanted to be a part of this **** show in 20 years.
Thought we could have done a better job with surrounding him with talent.
Did not think we should have given him a max deal.
But you keep reading whats convenient.

As for Fiz.... Think he is holding guys accountable and seems to be the best guy to head a rebuild.
As for Frank, thinks its curious why he is not getting any run, but feel there is some message Fiz is trying to get across.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/7/2018  9:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2018  9:55 AM
the message to frank: if you want to play, don't just act like you're happy to be there. don't loiter on offense. make sht happen. have some balls.

... and ditch the blond highlights.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/7/2018  9:58 AM
Vmart wrote:Fiz can’t get fired fast enough for my liking and Perry too. They trying to show up Young kids just because Phil picked them.

Think your right. Jist look at Phils first major pick. He just got a head coaching position in LA.Fiaher just got the head coaching job in LA.

How did Fiz show up Frank? By starting him?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
12/7/2018  10:25 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:Fiz can’t get fired fast enough for my liking and Perry too. They trying to show up Young kids just because Phil picked them.

Think your right. Jist look at Phils first major pick. He just got a head coaching position in LA.Fiaher just got the head coaching job in LA.

It wants fiz fired because he doesn't give frank special treatment or wont slow down the pace so frank could play at his own speed...awwww poor baby..

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/7/2018  11:33 AM
Chandler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Why?

It's speculation/inference. For example, I could imagine that Mills was advocating for Mitchell or DSJ and Gaines was advocating for Frank. Phil chooses Frank and Mills feels disrespected. Gaines starts criticizing Knicks about Hezonja (which could be fair); and the Knicks FO thinking you choose franl over mitchell

Anyway, DNPs make no sense to me so that's why I think it's more than basketball here.

Frank isn't going to foregt this. It could turn out well -- maybe it lights a fire; or it could be that he leaves this ****-show the first chance he gets

There is no benefit for Mills or Fizz to dog Frank out. None at all. But have EVERYTHING to gain by molding him. Don't know why we need to turn everything into a days of our lives soap opera all the time.

Frank got the start at Pg. Played well his first 2 games and then played poorly afterward. His jump shot clearly isn't working for him and its possible they are sitting him during games while working to "get him right" in practice. Continuing to play him while in the shooting slump he is in could have negative effects as well. As he is a guy who clearly has confidence issues.

Dotson was benched and I'm pretty sure Fizz likes Dotson a lot. Kanter lost his starter spot to Mitch. Burke was benched from time to time. I don't see a clear target on Frank's back. He wasn't shooting well. But most importantly a lot of the time didn't look like he knew what he was supposed to do.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
12/7/2018  11:38 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

It wants fiz fired because he doesn't give frank special treatment or wont slow down the pace so frank could play at his own speed...awwww poor baby..

I don't believe the speed was as big a deal as him missing so many shots. If he was wetting his jumper then he would be in. Vonleh isn't a freak athlete yet gets majority mins because he has been pretty consistent in his production and defense.

I also read on another site though didn't follow up on research that Frank and Trier combination have the highest pace on the team and good for 5th in the NBA.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/7/2018  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Bottom line says we still losing.

Vmart
USA
12/7/2018  12:25 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I don't believe the speed was as big a deal as him missing so many shots. If he was wetting his jumper then he would be in. Vonleh isn't a freak athlete yet gets majority mins because he has been pretty consistent in his production and defense.

I also read on another site though didn't follow up on research that Frank and Trier combination have the highest pace on the team and good for 5th in the NBA.

Frank and Trier have been good together because Frank compliments his teammates better. He is a very willing passer and he gets other players involved at his expense. He is what you call a team player. He wants his teammates to thrive. Unfortunately Fizz is a whack job of a Head Coach. He hasn’t a clue what he is doing.

Vmart
USA
12/7/2018  12:29 PM
anrst wrote:the message to frank: if you want to play, don't just act like you're happy to be there. don't loiter on offense. make sht happen. have some balls.

... and ditch the blond highlights.

You can’t show it riding the bench.

knicks1248
12/7/2018  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2018  12:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

have you eve since frank grab a rebound and go coast to coast...

Never ever ever ever ever has he done that, the ony other player who hasn't done it, KANTER, and KORNET.

so we should bench Mudiay and Mario when they were playing like trash, but frank should get a psss, he should be allowed to continue to practice bad habits. it's ok to be the only knick with multiple o point games, and the other 11 guys should bowed down to franks deveolpment

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2018  12:34 PM
I think Frank has been treated like the others and thus fair.
For all frank does, his position requires a better % of hitting outside shots left wide open.
As for whats I his head or between him and the coach, that's just not known.
newyorknewyork
12/7/2018  2:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Never ever ever ever ever has he done that, the ony other player who hasn't done it, KANTER, and KORNET.

so we should bench Mudiay and Mario when they were playing like trash, but frank should get a psss, he should be allowed to continue to practice bad habits. it's ok to be the only knick with multiple o point games, and the other 11 guys should bowed down to franks deveolpment

You must have missed my entire post before this reply to you.

But again if Frank was hitting his shot none of that would matter. Just like it didn't matter vs the Warriors or Nets in his first 2 starts. Because he was playing great defense and making shots and the game was organized and smoothly operated. If Frank was imposing his will on games within his style then nobody would care. Going coast to coast off a rebound isn't the deciding factor.

If I remember correctly during the triangle days you would often claim that the coach should adapt to his players. Not that I feel Fizz should slow it down for Frank if that's not what he wants. But which is it?

But I'm used to the hypocracy and double standards around here based on which players or people you like vs the ones you don't.

knicks1248
12/7/2018  2:50 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

But again if Frank was hitting his shot none of that would matter. Just like it didn't matter vs the Warriors or Nets in his first 2 starts. Because he was playing great defense and making shots and the game was organized and smoothly operated. If Frank was imposing his will on games within his style then nobody would care. Going coast to coast off a rebound isn't the deciding factor.

If I remember correctly during the triangle days you would often claim that the coach should adapt to his players. Not that I feel Fizz should slow it down for Frank if that's not what he wants. But which is it?

But I'm used to the hypocracy and double standards around here based on which players or people you like vs the ones you don't.

If the coach is telling him he needs you to push the pace and be more aggressive (this is not an option) and he chooses to continue to play slow and passive, he leaves the coach no choice but to do whats right for the team.

Frank starts thinking, i could play however I want to play, when I'm ready to play fast and aggressive i'll do it, but until then, kiss my ass.

If majority of the team played like frank, then yes the coach should make the adjustment, but if he is the only one playing like that, then you have to make a change

ES
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

12/7/2018  3:19 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:I called someone an idiot for saying Melo was no longer a building block at 37? Nah
Always defended Melo as not being the main cause of our bad seasons under Uncle Phil.
Thought he was the only All Star/HOF that has wanted to be a part of this **** show in 20 years.
Thought we could have done a better job with surrounding him with talent.
Did not think we should have given him a max deal.
But you keep reading whats convenient.

Same story from you -

If you can't hold Carmelo Anthony accountable for EVERYTHING, then you cannot hold him accountable for ANYTHING.

"They should have gotten more talent around him!" This is an easy cop out to avoid discussing the lack of effort on defense, the ****ty shot selection and general ball hoggery that killed offensive flow.

Your strategy is often used by children when they are caught stealing a candy bar at the drug store.

Apparently the rumors out are that Leon Rose and CAA can't wait for Melo to officially retire. They are tired of his ****. He's a long time client with low brand value to them but requires high maintenance in terms of media massage/spin control to shift the narrative away from him ****ty style of play/production. You however don't seem tired of his ****. Must taste like cotton candy to you. I bet even the little bits of corn bring you some kind of perverse joy.

I'd love to see you own a little drug store one day and see you catch a little boy stealing a candy bar in front of you and see how you'd react.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/7/2018  3:46 PM
this is insane
people really think Frank has earned significant minutes? this has to do with Phil?

newsflash: Frank sucks right now and he needs to start producing. if he ggets butt hurt over that then he is a mental midget. his PER is 5.7 and his TS% is 42.2%. That's garbage and worse than last year

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
12/7/2018  3:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

If the coach is telling him he needs you to push the pace and be more aggressive (this is not an option) and he chooses to continue to play slow and passive, he leaves the coach no choice but to do whats right for the team.

Frank starts thinking, i could play however I want to play, when I'm ready to play fast and aggressive i'll do it, but until then, kiss my ass.

If majority of the team played like frank, then yes the coach should make the adjustment, but if he is the only one playing like that, then you have to make a change

Your speaking to me as if I'm against Frank getting benched. When I've made it pretty clear that I'm not. His plays has warranted him getting benched.

I do believe him being benched has more to do with him shooting like 15% from the field than the pace he plays at though. Fizz was with him in the summer, summer league & pre season. He still started Frank knowing what type of player he was. If it was all about pace then he most likely deosnt start him to start the season or start him at PG after like 5 games or so.

If Frank was shooting at quality %s then he would still be getting PT. Doesn't matter what pace Frank plays at if he is shooting 15% that will get most people benched unless you ha e a proven track record of previous success. And the fact that he is shooting 15% probably reduces the speed he comfortably will play at even more. Not many players are willing to play faster and free when they are shooting like this poorly. But I can bet if he was shooting at 50% from down town all of a sudden his swagger would rise somewhat and he would be willing to take more risk because of the success he was having.

What the Phuck is Fiz doing with our crazy linups.......!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy