[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What the Phuck is Fiz doing with our crazy linups.......!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2018  10:47 AM
......we are not even halfway thru this process and some are on fire about the lineup mash ups!

Don't extrapolate the lineups and think its the end all. We are far from being complete and next year many new faces as well.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/5/2018  10:49 AM
here are your meds...please take them now.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
12/5/2018  10:51 AM
Cartman718 wrote:here are your meds...please take them now.

"Only a fool takes half his meds"......

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2018  11:57 AM
I think Fiz is using Hezonja as a placeholder until he confidently can put Knox back in the lineup. He can't put Dotson in because Dotson won't give up that spot. Hezonja is playing his way out of it and Knox will eventually be the guy. Also, clearly Hezonja was promised preferential treatment, so he's getting it now until Knox is ready.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/5/2018  12:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:I think Fiz is using Hezonja as a placeholder until he confidently can put Knox back in the lineup. He can't put Dotson in because Dotson won't give up that spot. Hezonja is playing his way out of it and Knox will eventually be the guy. Also, clearly Hezonja was promised preferential treatment, so he's getting it now until Knox is ready.

Ok. But this is the complete opposite of keeping what you kill lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/5/2018  1:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I think Fiz is using Hezonja as a placeholder until he confidently can put Knox back in the lineup. He can't put Dotson in because Dotson won't give up that spot. Hezonja is playing his way out of it and Knox will eventually be the guy. Also, clearly Hezonja was promised preferential treatment, so he's getting it now until Knox is ready.

I don't want knox, trier or dotson in the starting line up, because if you fill out the bench with everyone who is struggling, what do you think is going to happen?

Either they wont be able to sustain leads or comeback from a deficit. Its got to be a balance

ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/5/2018  1:26 PM
I don't understand some people here.

Fiz is the best coach we've had since Riley.

Full stop.

He is trying to win games, and I think also trying to figure out which players should be part of the long term future here.

I don't think there is one player right now on the team healthy who is a clear cut starter in the NBA.

You have a ton of middling, average, mixed talents. Some with upside, some with downsides.

Besides KP, who is the clear cut starters????

BigDaddyG

12/5/2018  2:10 PM
franco12 wrote:I don't understand some people here.

Full stop.

He is trying to win games, and I think also trying to figure out which players should be part of the long term future here.

I don't think there is one player right now on the team healthy who is a clear cut starter in the NBA.

You have a ton of middling, average, mixed talents. Some with upside, some with downsides.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/5/2018  2:10 PM

Full stop.

Fizz is just another stop gap coach. He sucks there is no system no plan.

BigDaddyG

12/5/2018  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2018  2:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't want knox, trier or dotson in the starting line up, because if you fill out the bench with everyone who is struggling, what do you think is going to happen?

Either they wont be able to sustain leads or comeback from a deficit. Its got to be a balance

I don't agree with this, but I can kinda see your point. How do you explain the fact that Dot wasn't playing at all?
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/5/2018  2:38 PM
Vmart wrote:

Full stop.

So True .. Fiz is just another front-office puppet-coach without a system or defensive plan.
All the different starter lineup changes in 24 games has not got players on the same-page.

Vmart
USA
12/5/2018  2:49 PM
Kemet wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Full stop.

So True .. Fiz is just another front-office puppet-coach without a system or defensive plan.
All the different starter lineup changes in 24 games has not got players on the same-page.

Glad someone seems to know. Yes this guy is Perry’s puppet and Perry scares me as a no talent GM. Who is know to give up on the wrong up and coming players. Oladipo and Harris are prime examples. This what he is doing to Ntlikina and this going to be disastrous mistake. As for Fizz he has no system so any player of Ntlikina’s ilk is going to struggle. He isn’t a street baller. Usually street ballers don’t play well in systems. And system players don’t play well in street ball. Ntlikina needs structure and Fiz has no structure. Street ball fans will be happy with Fizz but winning is about system.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/5/2018  3:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't agree with this, but I can kinda see your point. How do you explain the fact that Dot wasn't playing at all?

He was part of the starting line up that would get off to slow starts, then he started missing shots and playing a lil shaky. He rewarded Mario with his minutes because he saw an improvement in his defense.

fiz was very honest about the knicks having an extended preseason, 20 to 25 games in.

should he have just stayed with a line up that was falling behind by double digits for 5 straight games

ES
BigDaddyG

12/5/2018  3:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He was part of the starting line up that would get off to slow starts, then he started missing shots and playing a lil shaky. He rewarded Mario with his minutes because he saw an improvement in his defense.

fiz was very honest about the knicks having an extended preseason, 20 to 25 games in.

should he have just stayed with a line up that was falling behind by double digits for 5 straight games

That doesn't explain the DNPs. Have you seen anything from Mario that gives you any indication that he'd have more of an offensive or defensive impact than DOT. His overallplay on the court makes it hard to believe he deserves minutes at all, forget about starting. Again, I could understand wanting to see how Mario fits in as a starter. But not playing Dot at all, who is clearly our best available option on the wing, doesn't make sense.
BigDaddyG

12/5/2018  3:48 PM
Vmart wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Full stop.

Glad someone seems to know. Yes this guy is Perry’s puppet and Perry scares me as a no talent GM. Who is know to give up on the wrong up and coming players. Oladipo and Harris are prime examples. This what he is doing to Ntlikina and this going to be disastrous mistake. As for Fizz he has no system so any player of Ntlikina’s ilk is going to struggle. He isn’t a street baller. Usually street ballers don’t play well in systems. And system players don’t play well in street ball. Ntlikina needs structure and Fiz has no structure. Street ball fans will be happy with Fizz but winning is about system.

I'm not ready to go this far, yet. But I can definitely see some of the frustration Gasol and Memphis fans had with Fiz's media statements.

Nalod
USA
12/5/2018  3:50 PM
Is fiz doing what it takes for NOW? Or this the direction going forward.
Because of this I can't say Im unhappy. If we are still sorting things out so be it.
Maybe we just shelving Frank because of the lack of system for now.
Nalod
USA
12/5/2018  3:52 PM
Vmart wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Full stop.

Perry was the assistant GM in Orlando.
BigDaddyG

12/5/2018  4:03 PM
Nalod wrote:Is fiz doing what it takes for NOW? Or this the direction going forward.
Because of this I can't say Im unhappy. If we are still sorting things out so be it.

That's what has bothered me. Their could be a method to the crazy lineups, or he could be just throwing crap on the wall. If he decided to play the vets while giving the younger players time to find their depth, then fine. If he decided to focus more on the younger players, then fine. I came in expecting a keep what you kill mentality toward playing time. Instead, coach is handling playing time like it's a low scale Chinese buffet.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/5/2018  4:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Full stop.

Perry was the assistant GM in Orlando.

Ssssh. Don't let the facts get in the way of Vmarts agenda.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Vmart
USA
12/5/2018  4:26 PM
Nalod wrote:Is fiz doing what it takes for NOW? Or this the direction going forward.

You either have a system to implement or you don’t. He doesn’t have a system at least nothing that will result in winning.

What the Phuck is Fiz doing with our crazy linups.......!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy