12/3/2018  9:56 PM
Q4 0.0
NYK 107 WAS 110
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

12/3/2018  9:56 PM
Sangfroid wrote:Now what was that? I guess you don't get room to come down now. Just stealing points
Refs don’t give Knicks love even at home
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
JesseDark
Member: #467
12/3/2018  9:57 PM
A nice no quit comeback at the end that came up short.If we had a floor general maybe he would have carried us through that terrible 3rd quarter. A few more pieces folks a few more pieces.
Bring back dee-fense
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/3/2018  9:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2018  9:58 PM
15-3 run to close the game....Love the fight in this team!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/3/2018  9:57 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Dotson is a stud

He really looks like a big piece going forward. I definitely was one to sell him short.

ScoreBot
12/3/2018  9:58 PM
FINAL
NYK 107 WAS 110
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

12/3/2018  9:58 PM
Uptown wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

And THIS is the guy they want to trade?

Who is they

I'm sure that you were around when the idea of floating Dot was the drumbeat. You know, before trade Frank became the new fight song.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Cartman718

12/3/2018  9:59 PM
JesseDark wrote:A nice no quit comeback at the end that came up short.If we had a floor general maybe he would have carried us through that terrible 3rd quarter. A few more pieces folks a few more pieces.
Well I think we are right there. We play to the competition. This was Mudiay’s opportunity to show he can beat Wall at his own game and a team that has a similar record as us
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

12/3/2018  9:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
He really looks like a big piece going forward. I definitely was one to sell him short.
Me too after his summer league
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/3/2018  10:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Same. I thought they might move him with Lee.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718

12/3/2018  10:02 PM
Also. Who the **** is cleaning our courts. How do you have a player slip n fall twice in 1 min
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/3/2018  10:03 PM
Nets lost to the Cavs.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718

12/3/2018  10:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nets lost to the Cavs.
And then there’s that
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/3/2018  10:17 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

DD - 17 pts on 12 shots, plus 9 RBs

SRacide
Member: #7604

12/4/2018  3:46 AM
Frank did not play again?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2018  7:46 AM
What awful Defense Wiz played down the stretch! Beal seems to have adapted Paul Pierces early career “FuckFace” attitude and Wall gets on his heels and chills out. Talented group but what a collection of attitude. They bring Austin Rivers to that group? They really should bring Melo “home” and perhaps see if Marbury has anything left. At least he might just sit with a towel over his head!
While the rally to end was nice I saw a Wiz team allow them back in the game more than anything. Knicks turnovers cost the game. sorry, not sold on Mudiay as much as media would like me to.
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/4/2018  9:34 AM
Nalod wrote:What awful Defense Wiz played down the stretch! Beal seems to have adapted Paul Pierces early career “FuckFace” attitude and Wall gets on his heels and chills out. Talented group but what a collection of attitude. They bring Austin Rivers to that group? They really should bring Melo “home” and perhaps see if Marbury has anything left. At least he might just sit with a towel over his head!
While the rally to end was nice I saw a Wiz team allow them back in the game more than anything. Knicks turnovers cost the game. sorry, not sold on Mudiay as much as media would like me to.

I wouldn't be too negative (or positive) on the comeback effort. There are many players and teams that can't hit a wide open shot when the pressure is on. Pwe have shown that we at least have players who can hit a clutch shot (Yay Dot!!). Tempering that, I suspect that, since the Wiz were in the penalty, they didn't want to play too aggressive and risk fouls (charity stripe plus clock stops)

having said that, knicks still have plenty of problems. 3d quarter we folded in the face of defensive pressure. Guards picking up their dribble, never once beat pressure that I recall. So while I liked Mudiay hitting shots in the comeback, the 3d quarter showed he's far from being a floor general. Our "best passer" is averaging about 4 assists a game over his career and under 3 this season, with a high turnover rate. (His shooting has certainly improved to his credit )

We creamed the Wiz on the boards (+17) and if you just looked at that stat you would have to think we'd win in a blow out just because of the differential it would create in shot opportunities.
but then you see we didn't move the ball well (16 TOs to 20 assists; whereas wiz had 10 TOs to 30 assist) and realize we gave that advantage right back

For some reason we continue to play (even start) Hezonja. I have seen nothing on the court to justify this patience as a basketball decision. It's very hard to explain Hezonja minutes who brings nothing on either end, while sitting Frank who at least brings great D (and who we should be developing!). Most likely scenario is Perry's ego, and Mill's agenda. Or it could be that Fizz is simply not being a very good head coach. I like Fizz's enthusiasm but the stats are concerning. He is supposed to be defensive-minded -- yet Hornacek had better defensive stats (let that sink in, Hornacek had better stats with Melo, Beasley, etc. -- no Vonlehs, Mitch, Dot's on the court) IIRC correctly Fizdale was a pg, yet our passing is essentially league worst (and way worse than we had with Hornacek). Following this, we're like last in EFG% and again way worse than Hornacek

So while I love a bunch of our youths, I am super skeptical about our style of play, and where we are investing energy in development.

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2018  10:01 AM
LIke I said, the Wiz had the lead and they take their talent for granted which is what I saw. KNicks positive is they did not give up so Im not negative on that and yes they hit the shots. I liked that Mudiay took it to Wall and his "Matador defense" (so say clyde).
But what I saw in the minutes leading up to that was lazy passing and lazy play off the ball.
Im ok with this team finding itself. But until the last burst Mudiay was not impressive. To be fair, one has to expect inconsistency with youth and while Mudiay looks like Ray Ray Felton(Skinny version), he is just 22!!!
All in all I was ok with the game last night.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/4/2018  10:30 AM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:What awful Defense Wiz played down the stretch! Beal seems to have adapted Paul Pierces early career “FuckFace” attitude and Wall gets on his heels and chills out. Talented group but what a collection of attitude. They bring Austin Rivers to that group? They really should bring Melo “home” and perhaps see if Marbury has anything left. At least he might just sit with a towel over his head!

I wouldn't be too negative (or positive) on the comeback effort. There are many players and teams that can't hit a wide open shot when the pressure is on. Pwe have shown that we at least have players who can hit a clutch shot (Yay Dot!!). Tempering that, I suspect that, since the Wiz were in the penalty, they didn't want to play too aggressive and risk fouls (charity stripe plus clock stops)

having said that, knicks still have plenty of problems. 3d quarter we folded in the face of defensive pressure. Guards picking up their dribble, never once beat pressure that I recall. So while I liked Mudiay hitting shots in the comeback, the 3d quarter showed he's far from being a floor general. Our "best passer" is averaging about 4 assists a game over his career and under 3 this season, with a high turnover rate. (His shooting has certainly improved to his credit )

We creamed the Wiz on the boards (+17) and if you just looked at that stat you would have to think we'd win in a blow out just because of the differential it would create in shot opportunities.
but then you see we didn't move the ball well (16 TOs to 20 assists; whereas wiz had 10 TOs to 30 assist) and realize we gave that advantage right back

For some reason we continue to play (even start) Hezonja. I have seen nothing on the court to justify this patience as a basketball decision. It's very hard to explain Hezonja minutes who brings nothing on either end, while sitting Frank who at least brings great D (and who we should be developing!). Most likely scenario is Perry's ego, and Mill's agenda. Or it could be that Fizz is simply not being a very good head coach. I like Fizz's enthusiasm but the stats are concerning. He is supposed to be defensive-minded -- yet Hornacek had better defensive stats (let that sink in, Hornacek had better stats with Melo, Beasley, etc. -- no Vonlehs, Mitch, Dot's on the court) IIRC correctly Fizdale was a pg, yet our passing is essentially league worst (and way worse than we had with Hornacek). Following this, we're like last in EFG% and again way worse than Hornacek

So while I love a bunch of our youths, I am super skeptical about our style of play, and where we are investing energy in development.

Generally you can say that about any potential SF starter for the Knicks.

What's your solution if it isn't Hezonja and why?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/4/2018  11:58 AM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Generally you can say that about any potential SF starter for the Knicks.

What's your solution if it isn't Hezonja and why?

I'd play Knox if we needed or wanted length, and Dot or THJ if we were going small. I see them all in our future, and 2 out of three need time to develop. I frankly don't see hezonja in the league next year (assuming we keep him until the end of the year). I would like to see him gone when we sign Trier. Perhaps they are playing Hezonja in the hope he shows enough to net something in a trade but that seems like a longshot. Anyone could have had him this Summer, and he's done nothing since (unlike Vonleh or Mudiay [to a good but lesser degree])

(5)(5)
GameThread: Knicks beat Wiz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy