[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What Happens When A DNP Guy Returns And Plays Poorly?
Author Thread
FireHornacek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7584

12/3/2018  3:06 PM
So far Fiz, I'll say it, has been lucky with his reckless benchings. Dotson gets six DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Vonleh DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Mud DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Knox, too.

But what is going to happen when a guy gets his start after one or two DNPs and does not do well? I'm alluding to Frank the Frenchman right now. Frank certainly earned his DNP. (Don't fool yourself into thinking benching a guy is some confidence building strategy by Fiz and Fiz is not really sending these guys to the doghouse/dungeon. He is actually sending them there.) But if Frank the Frenchman returns after his DNP and doesn't put up an A game...what's the next step?

AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/3/2018  3:10 PM
Agenda having troll alert!!!!!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/3/2018  3:11 PM
you line up at brooklyn bridge.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/3/2018  3:13 PM
Marv wrote:you line up at brooklyn bridge.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/3/2018  3:15 PM
Frank stepped up last year when Lebron said dumb stuff and outplayed DSJ jr. when they had their first game against each other. He also is another player that has talked about how well Fiz has communicated with him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/3/2018  4:26 PM
whats a DNP guy? I think you mixed this forum up with one of your other sites...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/3/2018  4:28 PM
Those other guys were bench for not playing D, mario & Burk, Mudiay was never really bench, once he was healthy he's been a part of the rotation.

The problem now with frank is that, uguys are solidifying there roles, and if lee comes back looking good, frank will have to wait for either an injury or trier and burke to struggle

ES
FireHornacek

12/3/2018  4:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Frank stepped up last year when Lebron said dumb stuff and outplayed DSJ jr. when they had their first game against each other. He also is another player that has talked about how well Fiz has communicated with him.

Oh, I know Frank the Frenchman loves Fiz. Wouldn't you if you were Frank? Any other coach would have shipped off Frank to the D-League for seasoning weeks ago. But let's be real, here. There is a great deal of pressure on Frank to string together a few A games after his DNP.

Is Frank capable of putting together a nice game after his DNP? Sure. But the thing is I feel Vonleh or Dotson or Mud can put together a number of nice games throughout the season. Frank? He might have three good games in him in an entire 82 game season. I really am curious to see how Fiz is going to handle Frank after Frank's trip to the dungeon.

FireHornacek

12/3/2018  4:35 PM

Is this a reference to my 'Million Fan March' I have organized for Christmas morning in order to get Fizdale fired?

If it is, please, don't show up at the Brooklyn Bridge. We will not be there. Unless you are organizing your own "Fire Fiz/Million Fan March" and starting yours in Brooklyn, please show up at the Verrazano Bridge (Brooklyn side) on Christmas morning (time to be determined). Bring a basketball to dribble and wear your favorite Knick jersey. I will be rocking my Ronaldo Balkman jersey and will lead the chant, "Fire Fizdale, Fire Fizdale" as we march to the Garden.

FireHornacek

12/3/2018  4:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Those other guys were bench for not playing D,

Oh, I know that. But Fiz keeps saying that these DNPs he gives out like candy on Halloween are not a punishment. I don't believe that and clearly you do not either.

As I said, Fiz has been lucky in that all these guys who have received DNPs have come back and played better. What is going to happen if Frank the Frenchman tanks badly the next few games? What becomes of Frank?

I agree when Lee returns and if he plays strong Frank is D-League bound and soon to be wearing another NBA team's jersey. Frank the Frenchman has got a lot of pressure on him these next couple of games.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/3/2018  5:02 PM
FireHornacek wrote:

Is this a reference to my 'Million Fan March' I have organized for Christmas morning in order to get Fizdale fired?

If it is, please, don't show up at the Brooklyn Bridge. We will not be there. Unless you are organizing your own "Fire Fiz/Million Fan March" and starting yours in Brooklyn, please show up at the Verrazano Bridge (Brooklyn side) on Christmas morning (time to be determined). Bring a basketball to dribble and wear your favorite Knick jersey. I will be rocking my Ronaldo Balkman jersey and will lead the chant, "Fire Fizdale, Fire Fizdale" as we march to the Garden.

the verrazano. good lord

are we going to prevent bobby from jumping this time?

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/3/2018  5:07 PM
I recall Timmy was DNP and came back and played poorly for 3 games and we traded him at the end of the season.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/5/2018  1:12 AM
FireHornacek wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Frank stepped up last year when Lebron said dumb stuff and outplayed DSJ jr. when they had their first game against each other. He also is another player that has talked about how well Fiz has communicated with him.

Oh, I know Frank the Frenchman loves Fiz. Wouldn't you if you were Frank? Any other coach would have shipped off Frank to the D-League for seasoning weeks ago. But let's be real, here. There is a great deal of pressure on Frank to string together a few A games after his DNP.

Is Frank capable of putting together a nice game after his DNP? Sure. But the thing is I feel Vonleh or Dotson or Mud can put together a number of nice games throughout the season. Frank? He might have three good games in him in an entire 82 game season. I really am curious to see how Fiz is going to handle Frank after Frank's trip to the dungeon.

Frank should come and play his usual lock down defense, try to organize the offense, and attack in the flow of the game.
His pressure time will come in 2-3 years when he will became a man. For now he should keep learning.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/5/2018  10:32 PM
arkrud wrote:
FireHornacek wrote:

Frank should come and play his usual lock down defense, try to organize the offense, and attack in the flow of the game.
His pressure time will come in 2-3 years when he will became a man. For now he should keep learning.

Are you in Russia or something. There is no organization. Frank needs tunnel vision and just go for the rim today, tomorrow and everyday. There is no system hence no need to organize. Shoot when you want and attack the rim when you want to.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/6/2018  3:21 AM
What's wrong with being in Russia or something? wtf lol

I think I got the answer here: when a guy comes back and plays poorly after DNPs we can : drumroll:
FIRE HORNACEK!

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/6/2018  4:57 AM
ramtour420 wrote:What's wrong with being in Russia or something? wtf lol

I think I got the answer here: when a guy comes back and plays poorly after DNPs we can : drumroll:
FIRE HORNACEK!

Nothing wrong with Russia. A friend of mine got his Russian mail order bride. She is drop dead gorgeous.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/6/2018  9:42 AM
Vmart wrote:
arkrud wrote:
FireHornacek wrote:

Are you in Russia or something. There is no organization. Frank needs tunnel vision and just go for the rim today, tomorrow and everyday. There is no system hence no need to organize. Shoot when you want and attack the rim when you want to.

I keep hearing frank doesn't get the ball, or no one passes to him, total BS, they pass him the ball, and if he has a defender within 5 feet of him, he's not shooting, he's passing that off.

Watching mudiay, trey, and trier bring up the ball, and then attack the basket at the first sight of an open lane,shhhht...if frank did that, he would live at the FT line, even if he couldn't finish, just draw the contact, draw attention for a hand off or kick out.

ES
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/12/2018  10:21 PM
FireHornacek wrote:So far Fiz, I'll say it, has been lucky with his reckless benchings. Dotson gets six DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Vonleh DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Mud DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Knox, too.

But what is going to happen when a guy gets his start after one or two DNPs and does not do well? I'm alluding to Frank the Frenchman right now. Frank certainly earned his DNP. (Don't fool yourself into thinking benching a guy is some confidence building strategy by Fiz and Fiz is not really sending these guys to the doghouse/dungeon. He is actually sending them there.) But if Frank the Frenchman returns after his DNP and doesn't put up an A game...what's the next step?

Hello...anybody home?
arkrud
USA
12/12/2018  10:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
arkrud wrote:
FireHornacek wrote:

I keep hearing frank doesn't get the ball, or no one passes to him, total BS, they pass him the ball, and if he has a defender within 5 feet of him, he's not shooting, he's passing that off.

Watching mudiay, trey, and trier bring up the ball, and then attack the basket at the first sight of an open lane,shhhht...if frank did that, he would live at the FT line, even if he couldn't finish, just draw the contact, draw attention for a hand off or kick out.

One of the points of the development of very young player.
He started to show some of it. Not much yet but I am sure this will come.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
12/12/2018  10:31 PM
Welpee wrote:
FireHornacek wrote:So far Fiz, I'll say it, has been lucky with his reckless benchings. Dotson gets six DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Vonleh DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Mud DNPs...comes back and plays strong. Knox, too.

Hello...anybody home?

There are nobody home.

What Happens When A DNP Guy Returns And Plays Poorly?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy