newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/2/2018  12:49 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
SRacide wrote:Do you think that Frank has definitely lost his rotation after this match?
Fiz said he went with Dot tonight in place of Frank. I think Fiz sees Frank as a wing now. He isn't in the point guard rotation anymore.

Honestly, if it comes down to Dot and Frank, Dot should get the nod everytime in my opinion...Dot is just as active on the defensive end and he is 3xs the offensive threat...Dot is the 3 and D player people are hoping Frank will become.

Dotson should always be in the rotation. I didn't get to see the game but going by the mins distributed it looks like Trier got the backup point guard mins since Burke played less than one min. Trier has out played Frank so that is fine. Mudiay has come on as the starter. Hardaway and Dotson should have the SG positions locked in for now if Trier is getting PG mins.

So it will come down to how Herzonia and Knox are playing. Frank hasn't performed well enough to force the issue to keep him on the court. Still don't see any real plan for his development which is a shame. Shows Knicks development process isn't where it needs to be to build sustained success.

I think Fiz is doing a very good developing the youth and instilling them with confidence...I don't have an issue with the plan or lack there of as you say because we are in the evaluating phase of the rebuild....Everyone is getting a look so we can see who is a part of the long term plans...Rebuilds ain't pretty, but I can see a method to the madness. We got decisions to make in the summer as Vonleh, Mud, Burke and Mario's contracts are up. Do we resign any of them, or move some at the deadline? Next year, it will make more sense.

That is a good point if we are specifically in an evaluation phase then. I hope this is the case. As to me it seems more like a combination of players doing what they do individually. And success is based off if they have a good game that day or not. If it's all based on evaluation though then I can get with that.

Timmy had 8 ast last night. I bet if I track ever game Timmy has 5 or more ast the Knicks probably have a winning record. Dating back to last yr I feel the coach should mandate that goal for Timmy.

The 19 ast between Mudoay, Timmy, Knox is very nessesary.

As for Frank, he seemed most comfortable when he is able to get the ball back in motion off a handoff which he can attack. When he was feeding the ball to a big in the high post and then receiving the ball back within a hand off. He's ways away from being creative off his own with pure handle. Main issue though is his jumper has failed him. And he will continue to struggle mightly until he gets that going. He got to knock down his open jumpers, Ger attempts off that high post handoff, and attack close outs. The. Start slowly building up a PNR-PNP game. But again first he needs to find his jumper. And again the best demonstration to f getting him to the rack has been the high post hand off

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

12/2/2018  1:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
SRacide wrote:Do you think that Frank has definitely lost his rotation after this match?
Fiz said he went with Dot tonight in place of Frank. I think Fiz sees Frank as a wing now. He isn't in the point guard rotation anymore.

Honestly, if it comes down to Dot and Frank, Dot should get the nod everytime in my opinion...Dot is just as active on the defensive end and he is 3xs the offensive threat...Dot is the 3 and D player people are hoping Frank will become.

Dotson should always be in the rotation. I didn't get to see the game but going by the mins distributed it looks like Trier got the backup point guard mins since Burke played less than one min. Trier has out played Frank so that is fine. Mudiay has come on as the starter. Hardaway and Dotson should have the SG positions locked in for now if Trier is getting PG mins.

So it will come down to how Herzonia and Knox are playing. Frank hasn't performed well enough to force the issue to keep him on the court. Still don't see any real plan for his development which is a shame. Shows Knicks development process isn't where it needs to be to build sustained success.

I think Fiz is doing a very good developing the youth and instilling them with confidence...I don't have an issue with the plan or lack there of as you say because we are in the evaluating phase of the rebuild....Everyone is getting a look so we can see who is a part of the long term plans...Rebuilds ain't pretty, but I can see a method to the madness. We got decisions to make in the summer as Vonleh, Mud, Burke and Mario's contracts are up. Do we resign any of them, or move some at the deadline? Next year, it will make more sense.

That is a good point if we are specifically in an evaluation phase then. I hope this is the case. As to me it seems more like a combination of players doing what they do individually. And success is based off if they have a good game that day or not. If it's all based on evaluation though then I can get with that.

Timmy had 8 ast last night. I bet if I track ever game Timmy has 5 or more ast the Knicks probably have a winning record. Dating back to last yr I feel the coach should mandate that goal for Timmy.

The 19 ast between Mudoay, Timmy, Knox is very nessesary.

As for Frank, he seemed most comfortable when he is able to get the ball back in motion off a handoff which he can attack. When he was feeding the ball to a big in the high post and then receiving the ball back within a hand off. He's ways away from being creative off his own with pure handle. Main issue though is his jumper has failed him. And he will continue to struggle mightly until he gets that going. He got to knock down his open jumpers, Ger attempts off that high post handoff, and attack close outs. The. Start slowly building up a PNR-PNP game. But again first he needs to find his jumper. And again the best demonstration to f getting him to the rack has been the high post hand off

Also Dotson’s defense and deadly touch are great and needed 5 for 5 from 3 and a dagger at the end to put us up for good... no way do we trade him, to me he’s a untouchable.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/3/2018  12:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Uptown wrote:For those killing Fiz for a supposed lack of offensive, what offense are the Bucks runing except for clear outs and iso's for Giannis?
Exactly. The lebron offense

Is this a serious question?

https://stats.nba.com/teams/passing/?sort=AST&dir=1

no matter how you slice it Bucks are near the top in passing. Tons of open looks. We're at the bottom and seem to take nothing but contested shots. Hell yay I'm happy we won, but we treat it like a miracle because we were hitting the shots tonight

notice the team shooting % too

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/shooting-pct

Yes G drives and dishes (akin to Harden last year), but they also make the extra pass

(5)(5)
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/3/2018  2:33 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

When Frank starts hitting those 3's consistently...watch out. It's going to be hard to keep him off the floor at that point

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/3/2018  2:34 PM
Chandler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Uptown wrote:For those killing Fiz for a supposed lack of offensive, what offense are the Bucks runing except for clear outs and iso's for Giannis?
Exactly. The lebron offense

Is this a serious question?

https://stats.nba.com/teams/passing/?sort=AST&dir=1

no matter how you slice it Bucks are near the top in passing. Tons of open looks. We're at the bottom and seem to take nothing but contested shots. Hell yay I'm happy we won, but we treat it like a miracle because we were hitting the shots tonight

notice the team shooting % too

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/shooting-pct

Yes G drives and dishes (akin to Harden last year), but they also make the extra pass

tops in assists which starts off with Giannis hockey assist
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GameThread: Knicks v Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy