[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Suns also interested in Frank
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
11/30/2018  12:58 PM
How about for Josh Jackson who the Knicks liked in the same draft as Frank.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/30/2018  1:27 PM
TLover wrote:How about for Josh Jackson who the Knicks liked in the same draft as Frank.

I really don't think Jackson is any good. He's about to turn 22 already and seems to be regressing. Compare that to Frank who is 1 1/2 years younger.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/30/2018  1:36 PM
I thought josh Jackson was going to be great- oops!
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/30/2018  1:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:I thought josh Jackson was going to be great- oops!

Man did I love Josh Jackson coming out of Kansas - amazing how you can really miss.

That said - I am a Frank guy but I would still probably reach for Jackson if I could get him straight up for Frankie.

Also - I might be able to be talked into some type of Frank deal centered around D-Melton/D-Bender and a high 2nd rounder --- kind of like Melton and hate the way we are using Frank off-ball.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
11/30/2018  1:58 PM
Been awhile since crazy trade ideas were posted... so here goes :)

How about Frank, C.Lee and Knox for Josh Jackson, Travor Ariza and a #2? Ariza is expiring so it solves our cap constrictions. JJ seems more likely to blow up then Knox as he plays defense and is in a minutes crunch with Booker and TJ Warren playing so well. Frank right now is probably worth a 2nd rounder... Think Frank may actually do well next to Booker since he's ball dominant and they need defenders. Think Knox may look like current J.Jackson in about 2 years...

BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/30/2018  3:12 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Been awhile since crazy trade ideas were posted... so here goes :)

How about Frank, C.Lee and Knox for Josh Jackson, Travor Ariza and a #2? Ariza is expiring so it solves our cap constrictions. JJ seems more likely to blow up then Knox as he plays defense and is in a minutes crunch with Booker and TJ Warren playing so well. Frank right now is probably worth a 2nd rounder... Think Frank may actually do well next to Booker since he's ball dominant and they need defenders. Think Knox may look like current J.Jackson in about 2 years...

One of the dumbest trade proposals EVER!. Knox AND Frank for JJ ??? Keep away from the computer.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/30/2018  3:46 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Been awhile since crazy trade ideas were posted... so here goes :)

I'm no ready to write off Knox. A second rounder is probably all you get from Frank but I'm holding onto Frank and hoping he gets better. I'll do a Frank swap for Jackson though.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/30/2018  7:16 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

Man did I love Josh Jackson coming out of Kansas - amazing how you can really miss.

That said - I am a Frank guy but I would still probably reach for Jackson if I could get him straight up for Frankie.

Also - I might be able to be talked into some type of Frank deal centered around D-Melton/D-Bender and a high 2nd rounder --- kind of like Melton and hate the way we are using Frank off-ball.

How do you use Frank on the ball when he is allergic to dribbling. The guy is scared to have the ball

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
11/30/2018  7:30 PM
I initially posted it without a lot of consideration, but actually think it's not that crazy of a deal... if the Knicks do want to move on from Frank and are thinking they want to be more competitive when KP returns. I'm fine staying with the young guys but gotta think that KP isn't going to want to stay with the youth for very long once he returns and regains his form. So if true, then we should be assessing players value for next year - not so much for 3-4 years down the road.

Nobody is saying Knox won't eventually be a player - just that he seems 2-3 years away from being close to that. His youth, focus, motor and lack of defensive and/or toughness are yellow flags for me. Although Josh Jackson has not taken off either, he plays defense, has an active motor and is in a numbers crunch with TJ, Ariza, Bridges and Booker.

They are both gambles, but if we're looking to make moves - I'd always rather gamble on players that play hard, with passion and have a defensive instinct. I wanted the Knicks to draft Mikal Bridges (over Knox) for this exact reason. And the deal would free up needed cap space and gain a 2nd round pick (which seems to be Frank's value currently IMO). I'd easily swap Bridges for Knox but don't think the Suns would part with him because they gave us a lot to get him.

If you agree about Frank's value being kinda low, that essentially makes it Knox (and the need to trade Lee) for J.Jackson and needed cap space for next year's free agent crop. So this would put us in a better place for FA and wouldn't hurt us in the short term for productivity. Obviously Knox could prove many of us wrong and develop a killer instinct, work ethic and motor (Trier seems to have it even though he needs defensive help). Don't think that's likely to come together in the near future though - there's a lot to work on and develop.

I do believe that J.Jackson could blossom with a change of scenery - have watched him live a few times and think a coach like Fizdale could really help him. He has the same (if not more) physical tools and plays harder then Knox. Basically I think JJ is a year closer to being whatever player he will become and that helps our timeline for when KP returns.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/30/2018  7:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2018  7:57 PM
Other team are interested in young players for a reason.
Because they see the potential.
Knicks organization was known as a dumb bunch and NBA gangs still think they can use Knicks like before.
I hope this time is passed and organization will not let the smart ass..es of NBA f..ck us up any more.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/30/2018  8:04 PM
So take Kyle Lowry. The guy never averaged more than 11 ppg/3.7 assists in college and didn't become Kyle Lowry until he turned 27. Can the Knicks afford to wait until Frank turns 27 if he followed the same path? That would be kinda tough to take. I guess Lowry started to become decent around 24-25 years old. Can fans be that patient with Frank?

In the case of Lowry, two teams gave up on him before he became an all-star.

PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
11/30/2018  8:12 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

How do you use Frank on the ball when he is allergic to dribbling. The guy is scared to have the ball

Exactly. He plays scared.

/PassTheBall
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
11/30/2018  8:15 PM
This is getting interesting. I don’t think he is on the roster at the end of the season.
/PassTheBall
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/30/2018  9:41 PM
PassTheBall wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Exactly. He plays scared.

NBA is scary place to be for 20 year old euro-rook.
And pressure from NY media and fans is not helping the matters.
One have to be ignorant sob like Patrick or unicorn like KP to deal with it from get go.
This characters are one in generation. And this talent is one in generation.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/30/2018  9:51 PM
TLover wrote:How about for Josh Jackson who the Knicks liked in the same draft as Frank.

Frank N is repped by Leon Rose. My thinking is he's actively trying to get traded off this roster.

Suns would move Melton and a lottery protected first. Not saying that is a good or bad deal, I'm saying it's what they'd likely offer aside from filler to make the salaries work out.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/30/2018  10:10 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Frank N is repped by Leon Rose. My thinking is he's actively trying to get traded off this roster.

Suns would move Melton and a lottery protected first. Not saying that is a good or bad deal, I'm saying it's what they'd likely offer aside from filler to make the salaries work out.

I don't think that is a bad deal. I finally had a chance to listen to The Ringer podcast where Chris Vernon talked about Frank. Vernon is often brash and provocative on his pod but I didn't find that to be the case in this instance. He started off by saying that he knows a bunch of guys in the Knick organization which makes sense because he covers the Grizzlies. When he talked about Frank he said the guys he talked to said the Knicks didn't see Frank as a point guard and that they tried him at the two but he can't shoot. He wasn't nasty, or brash, just said that was how it was. O'Conner softened the take a bit talking about Frank's vision on offense but said that he is not able to shoot efficiently from anywhere and hasn't made the type of progress he needed to.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/30/2018  10:14 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/30/2018  11:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2018  11:34 PM
Wow. I thought he had shown he can't play in the NBA and can't possibly find playing time ahead of our future HOFscrubs? Are people inquiring about Mudiay? We gething trade offers for Burke?

But Frank shouldn't get playing time on the worst team in the league. And this is what call a rebuild. I mean we have some of the smartest fans in the world making the decisions for us. Who needs data and who cares about defense? Let's ship him out and get more stupid fukking no defense chuckers in the lineup. Some things never change

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

12/1/2018  12:18 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

I don’t think that is a bad deal either and I’m a Frank fan....just have serious doubts about his athleticism and offense long term. Melton I view similar to Frank but more athletic and more physical...pick would be solid add on.

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/1/2018  12:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2018  12:34 AM
How bout Keep Frank & Knox .. And hire Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups to the Knicks coaching staff for the remainder of the season .. The 2018-19 Knicks season are for the rebuilding of all the young-core players we have on the roster .. right?

Add some more coaches to the coaching-staff and maybe some talented NBA players wouldn't mind becoming a Knick !!!

Suns also interested in Frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy