[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Nalod broke the streak so I'm back: 7pm v 76ers
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/30/2018  11:19 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Fizdale is losing me.

- no ball movement
- selfish play all over
- defensive rotations gone
- no accountability
- layups & dunks all over the place but nobody called out
- Frank misses 2 shots and he gone
- Timmy/Burke shoot 2-18, play zero D, never pass and they stay on court all night

It is possible Frank will never be a PG but can we please just put the kid in the starting line-up, put the ball in his hands and leave him out there +30 mins a night for next 30 games or so. If he is trash at that point - ok we have an issue but let’s find out now.

He isn’t an off the ball player - that is a garbage take IMO.

If Fizdale isn’t purposely tanking (and he may be)..damn are we up ****s creek.

Mike D'Antoni, post Knicks, was baited with a media question once, during an interview, and asked about his reputation as a "players coach" and not being seen enough as a hard line disciplinarian. He answered, quite honestly, if you have a player who doesn't want to do it, what can you do to make him do it in the NBA?

Coaches have little to no power in the NBA. People want to cite guys like Pop and Sloan as hard line guys that players respected. Except they had players who were willing to be coached and willing to enforce the coaches authority. Stockton and Malone could have easily just did whatever they wanted. Duncan could have decided to never play defense and shoot 30 times a game and no one could stop him.

Do you think Pringles couldn't win in LA because he's too soft? Or did he have a piece of **** in Kobe Bryant who would take 35-40 shots a game, freeze out other team mates, kill ball movement, never play defense and then bitch about every call or non call to the refs while his team was getting run over five on four the other way?

Pringles just doesn't generate the respect and discipline this team needs in LA!

No, how about Kobe Bryant is a narcissistic rapist piece of **** who had a rep as a selfish chucking coach killer who would **** on his team mates in public and offered zero leadership and knew he could never be benched.

You think it's that easy for a coach to fully bench a guy making big dollars ( which embarrasses the front office and highlights the ****ty signing in the first place? ) who he knows is going to start a revolt in the locker room?

Pure sophistry that rationalizes all the hard work done by people like Poppovich and Sloan to make chumps like Fizdale look good. Fizdale doesn't coach basketball, we have no offense, no drawn plays, wr stick on defense and we are not playing or beat defense enough minutes.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/1/2018  2:22 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Pure sophistry that rationalizes all the hard work done by people like Poppovich and Sloan to make chumps like Fizdale look good. Fizdale doesn't coach basketball, we have no offense, no drawn plays, wr stick on defense and we are not playing or beat defense enough minutes.

Everyone in the league works hard. Very hard. That's a given.

The Knicks lack talent. Give them more talent and Fizdale will look better in a relative sense.

As I've said it before, give Rich Kotite the 1993 Dallas Cowboys roster and mid level coaching staff and Rich Kotite would be a Super Bowl Champion.

Conversely if you gave Pop or Sloan this roster, including the injured Zinger and Lee, what do you think they would make of them? The only thing I think they could do different is let Ron Baker run the offense. He has flaws, but at least he understands what he is supposed to do to run said offense, even if his execution is often lacking.

Burke and Kanter know they are lame ducks. They know the Knicks won't give them extensions. They don't give a **** what Fizdale says and they know with injuries and lack of depth, he can't bench them for very long. When they are on the floor, "They are gonna go get theirs!" And what can he do about it? What Sloan had was Malone and Stockton enforcing the culture. Pop had Admiral, Duncan and Manu setting the tone.

He might very well be a **** coach, but I'd like to see him run a full season here first.

What is the alternative here guys? Fire a guy who has been here less than half a season? You tell me how this would help the team and help it find a new long term coach in the future. The Cleveland Browns had to hire an executive out of MLB, because so many people were leery about the constant hirings and firings and dysfunction with the Browns. Does anyone want the Knicks to engage in a coaching carousel like the Browns?

Love him or hate him, Fizdale is here at a minimum of two full seasons. I say give him the rest of the season to see how things shake out.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
12/1/2018  3:27 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Pure sophistry that rationalizes all the hard work done by people like Poppovich and Sloan to make chumps like Fizdale look good. Fizdale doesn't coach basketball, we have no offense, no drawn plays, wr stick on defense and we are not playing or beat defense enough minutes.

Everyone in the league works hard. Very hard. That's a given.

The Knicks lack talent. Give them more talent and Fizdale will look better in a relative sense.

As I've said it before, give Rich Kotite the 1993 Dallas Cowboys roster and mid level coaching staff and Rich Kotite would be a Super Bowl Champion.

Conversely if you gave Pop or Sloan this roster, including the injured Zinger and Lee, what do you think they would make of them? The only thing I think they could do different is let Ron Baker run the offense. He has flaws, but at least he understands what he is supposed to do to run said offense, even if his execution is often lacking.

Burke and Kanter know they are lame ducks. They know the Knicks won't give them extensions. They don't give a **** what Fizdale says and they know with injuries and lack of depth, he can't bench them for very long. When they are on the floor, "They are gonna go get theirs!" And what can he do about it? What Sloan had was Malone and Stockton enforcing the culture. Pop had Admiral, Duncan and Manu setting the tone.

He might very well be a **** coach, but I'd like to see him run a full season here first.

What is the alternative here guys? Fire a guy who has been here less than half a season? You tell me how this would help the team and help it find a new long term coach in the future. The Cleveland Browns had to hire an executive out of MLB, because so many people were leery about the constant hirings and firings and dysfunction with the Browns. Does anyone want the Knicks to engage in a coaching carousel like the Browns?

Love him or hate him, Fizdale is here at a minimum of two full seasons. I say give him the rest of the season to see how things shake out.

Kotite would be 6-10 with the Cowboys. No F'in way would he be a champ. Bull**** triple. I know you hate Burke so your opinion on him is tainted. Burke is trying out there. He cares what Fiz says. Bull**** again triple. Baker is NOT a NBA player, starter anything except the 15th man on a team. Bullsit again triple. #NFLfrontofficewannabebull****terknowitall

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GameThread: Nalod broke the streak so I'm back: 7pm v 76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy