11/28/2018  9:08 PM
Q4 3:07
PHI 110 NYK 82
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

Knox hanging his head is so annoying
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

Sangfroid wrote:
Chandler wrote:We have 11 assists. What are we developing other than bad habits

We’re taking tough and contested shots. 76ers running a layup line

Coach's Decision - Did Not Call Plays

76ers have 30

Do you wonder whether fizz understands that assists can make shots easier

(5)(5)
ScoreBot
11/28/2018  9:10 PM
Q4 1:41
PHI 112 NYK 84
Cartman718

11/28/2018  9:11 PM
Dis gus ting
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
ScoreBot
11/28/2018  9:12 PM
Q4 40.6
PHI 117 NYK 88
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

11/28/2018  9:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

76ers have 30

He has got to understand that offense begins with him. Can't stay behind the 3 point line hoping that shots fall.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Cartman718

11/28/2018  9:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

76ers have 30

I’m sure he’s asking guys to pass but when you are not cutting and running around a superior team in practice what do you expect
ScoreBot
11/28/2018  9:14 PM
FINAL
PHI 117 NYK 91
Chandler

11/28/2018  9:14 PM
Nauseating

Complete failure

(5)(5)
Sangfroid

11/28/2018  9:17 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

We're taking tough and contested shots. 76ers running a layup line

76ers have 30

I'm sure he's asking guys to pass but when you are not cutting and running around a superior team in practice what do you expect

You practice those things that you want to execute during the game. You expect a screen or a cut because you've practiced that. You've seen it before. This turned into a isolation game early.

Sangfroid

11/28/2018  9:23 PM
Chandler wrote:Nauseating

Complete failure

Nauseating yes. A complete failure? No. We saw Mario become a bit more active. Dotson came and contributed for a 2nd night. Even Knox figured that he can get free shots by driving to the rim and taking fouls. Other than that, not much.

Chandler

11/28/2018  9:56 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

76ers have 30

I'm sure he's asking guys to pass but when you are not cutting and running around a superior team in practice what do you expect

This is not an aberration. We are at the bottom in all sorts of passing stats. I posted The links in another thread. For example it’s not merely missing shots for the bad stats. We simply don’t pass enough

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/28/2018  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2018  10:25 PM
Chandler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

76ers have 30

This is not an aberration. We are at the bottom in all sorts of passing stats. I posted The links in another thread. For example it’s not merely missing shots for the bad stats. We simply don’t pass enough

We have no playmakers though. Just because you pass doesn't mean good shots will appear out of nowhere. We have no one who breaks down a defense and draws help. No one who can drive and dish. We pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock gets low and Hardaway or Burke has to create a shot to beat the clock. Burke and Mudiay have failed miserably in terms of creating for others. Ntilikina is just not a PG yet in terms of playmaking. We need to fix this. If we add a real PG it will make life easier for KP, Hardaway, Knox, etc. Good shots will appear. This was the case last year even when KP was balling. He was just so good he was able to bail us out. But he never got good shots creates from a guard who could run the P&R or drive and dish. It was just pass the ball around until it lands in his hands in the high post and let him go to work. Until we address the PG need, this won't change much. We expect Knox to look good when all the shots he gets are contested. Give him a PG to run the floor with and gets him some easy baskets and watch him take off.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/28/2018  11:49 PM
Fizdale is losing me.

- no ball movement
- selfish play all over
- defensive rotations gone
- no accountability
- layups & dunks all over the place but nobody called out
- Frank misses 2 shots and he gone
- Timmy/Burke shoot 2-18, play zero D, never pass and they stay on court all night

It is possible Frank will never be a PG but can we please just put the kid in the starting line-up, put the ball in his hands and leave him out there +30 mins a night for next 30 games or so. If he is trash at that point - ok we have an issue but let’s find out now.

He isn’t an off the ball player - that is a garbage take IMO.

If Fizdale isn’t purposely tanking (and he may be)..damn are we up ****s creek.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2018  11:09 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Fizdale is losing me.

- no ball movement
- selfish play all over
- no accountability
- Timmy/Burke shoot 2-18, play zero D, never pass and they stay on court all night

It is possible Frank will never be a PG but can we please just put the kid in the starting line-up, put the ball in his hands and leave him out there +30 mins a night for next 30 games or so. If he is trash at that point - ok we have an issue but let’s find out now.

Tear down Frank/Knox then rebuild them?
Frank threads the needle on Pick and roll but Enes does not have the hands, Robinson still a bit raw, and Frank rarely kept the ball. All I see is one pass, then one on one with our Guards shooting quick. We won three in a row.
We have seen each lineup do well then not. All inconsistent.
Ok, This regime did not draft Frank but we did Knox. They booth look like kids. Im ok with 15 min a piece per night for this year. Not sure what the baseline is for these two.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/30/2018  9:53 AM

- no ball movement
- selfish play all over
- no accountability

the bold is the thing i ****ing loathe about him... 'positionless' shouldn't mean run up the court and chuck. Where's Toney Douglas when you need him?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/30/2018  5:51 PM

- no ball movement
- selfish play all over
- no accountability

Mike D'Antoni, post Knicks, was baited with a media question once, during an interview, and asked about his reputation as a "players coach" and not being seen enough as a hard line disciplinarian. He answered, quite honestly, if you have a player who doesn't want to do it, what can you do to make him do it in the NBA?

Coaches have little to no power in the NBA. People want to cite guys like Pop and Sloan as hard line guys that players respected. Except they had players who were willing to be coached and willing to enforce the coaches authority. Stockton and Malone could have easily just did whatever they wanted. Duncan could have decided to never play defense and shoot 30 times a game and no one could stop him.

Do you think Pringles couldn't win in LA because he's too soft? Or did he have a piece of **** in Kobe Bryant who would take 35-40 shots a game, freeze out other team mates, kill ball movement, never play defense and then bitch about every call or non call to the refs while his team was getting run over five on four the other way?

Pringles just doesn't generate the respect and discipline this team needs in LA!

No, how about Kobe Bryant is a narcissistic rapist piece of **** who had a rep as a selfish chucking coach killer who would **** on his team mates in public and offered zero leadership and knew he could never be benched.

You think it's that easy for a coach to fully bench a guy making big dollars ( which embarrasses the front office and highlights the ****ty signing in the first place? ) who he knows is going to start a revolt in the locker room?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/30/2018  11:16 PM
Chandler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

76ers have 30

No worries our rocket scientists in the FO have acquired first round lotto picks in Mudiay and Burke who are apparently having breakout seasons. We're are set at PG.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GameThread: Nalod broke the streak so I'm back: 7pm v 76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy