[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
martin
Posts: 48337
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/26/2019  12:51 PM
Does anyone think Durant's juice card is big enough that he can go to Silver: Yo I want the Knicks to get the #1 picks and I'll sign with them.

NBA TV deal signed through 2024-2025 and you know they need leverage several years BEFORE that to make the best of the numbers. Zion's TV games were so hot this past year when at Duke and would be even more so in NY with Durant (then say Atlanta). The next 3-5 years would just be pure East Coast v West Coast (GS, maybe Lakers) rivalry that the NBA and TV needs.

One can hope and dream

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 57284
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2019  11:37 AM
Love what Zion is doing!!!!! Flying!!!

Interesting article. So many things tugging at the faithful heartstrings we even draw lines in the sand.
When we started the season RJ Barrett was the top dog. No doubt Zion is and should be no. 1 but really we have some good choices with morant and maybe RJ gets more love.
Culver showed well in the tournament. Now we up to 4 solid picks? Read year after year how "Weak the draft is" and then a few later we get the truth. Sometimes its found at 14th with Donovan Mitchell, or at the top mistaking Darko as the better choice.
D'angelo Russell was a bust until he became an all star now. Jalil Okafor was the darling for months and he busted bad.

There are no obvious picks other than Zion. Trading down only makes sense if others value the pick and the team trading values the players suspected to be available. Otherwise its jut a nice concept. Ainge valued Tatum over Fultz. That's how shyt gets done.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
MooK
Posts: 20122
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/5/2010
Member: #3320

4/29/2019  2:48 PM
If not Zion I think Deandre Hunter should be the guy. High bbiq, tough defender who can guard multiple positions, and a great outside shooter. I also think he has untapped playmaking potential that was restricted playing in Tony Bennett's system. I could see him becoming a Danny Granger type of player and if we luck out on KD and Kyrie he'd fit perfect
Marv
Posts: 34598
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
4/29/2019  2:52 PM
MooK wrote:If not Zion I think Deandre Hunter should be the guy. High bbiq, tough defender who can guard multiple positions, and a great outside shooter. I also think he has untapped playmaking potential that was restricted playing in Tony Bennett's system. I could see him becoming a Danny Granger type of player and if we luck out on KD and Kyrie he'd fit perfect

i think he’s going 4th or 5th so i’m glad to hear you be so high on him.

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
MooK
Posts: 20122
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/5/2010
Member: #3320

4/29/2019  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2019  7:59 PM
Marv wrote:
MooK wrote:If not Zion I think Deandre Hunter should be the guy. High bbiq, tough defender who can guard multiple positions, and a great outside shooter. I also think he has untapped playmaking potential that was restricted playing in Tony Bennett's system. I could see him becoming a Danny Granger type of player and if we luck out on KD and Kyrie he'd fit perfect

i think he’s going 4th or 5th so i’m glad to hear you be so high on him.

Yeah, he may not have the ceiling of Ja Morant or RJ Barrett but I think he has a higher floor as well. He's already a consistent long-range shooter and it would not surprise me to see him round out his offensive game a little more and become a borderline All-Star or better. Maybe a late bloomer like a Pascal Siakam type. If we wind up with the second pick and an AD trade is not on the table then I'd trade down for him.

Panos
Posts: 27174
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
5/2/2019  10:47 AM
Countdown to lottery:
12 days...
CrushAlot
Posts: 58272
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
5/3/2019  11:10 PM
Reddit’s draft sub is amazing. The Stepien is still great but Hoy and Zwicker are working for nba teams now and there isn’t as much content.
*Hoy has an internship.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Posts: 58272
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
5/4/2019  11:03 AM
The second half of this podcast has really good draft content.
https://gametheorysam.libsyn.com
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Moonangie
Posts: 24442
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

5/4/2019  12:06 PM
MooK wrote:
Marv wrote:
MooK wrote:If not Zion I think Deandre Hunter should be the guy. High bbiq, tough defender who can guard multiple positions, and a great outside shooter. I also think he has untapped playmaking potential that was restricted playing in Tony Bennett's system. I could see him becoming a Danny Granger type of player and if we luck out on KD and Kyrie he'd fit perfect

i think he’s going 4th or 5th so i’m glad to hear you be so high on him.

Yeah, he may not have the ceiling of Ja Morant or RJ Barrett but I think he has a higher floor as well. He's already a consistent long-range shooter and it would not surprise me to see him round out his offensive game a little more and become a borderline All-Star or better. Maybe a late bloomer like a Pascal Siakam type. If we wind up with the second pick and an AD trade is not on the table then I'd trade down for him.

The only way I would trade down (absent AD trade) is if we got pick 4 AND a protected first rounder next year or the year after. Otherwise I am picking BPA, which is clearly Ja M. Same thing goes for pick 3 with RJ.

Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/6/2019  10:59 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Posts: 57284
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2019  8:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

Imagine putting in months and months of work then Dolan come through the door with a bottle of crown royal and his “JD and the Straight shot” hat and telling his staff to get him a star to boast TV ratings. How deflating that must have been. To have the picks that became Aldridge and Joakim Noah gone while Eddy slobbers about also must have been hard for the team. It was awful for fans!!!

You don't show a fool a job half done!
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26590
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/7/2019  6:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Imagine putting in months and months of work then Dolan come through the door with a bottle of crown royal and his “JD and the Straight shot” hat and telling his staff to get him a star to boast TV ratings. How deflating that must have been. To have the picks that became Aldridge and Joakim Noah gone while Eddy slobbers about also must have been hard for the team. It was awful for fans!!!


As bad as that sounds, I think I would love to see something like that from a pure entertainment perspective. That sounds like a pitch for a good reality television show. Jimmy gets hammered and we see how the straight shot and other employees react. He's sober now, but maybe he'd reconsider for awesome tv.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/8/2019  12:03 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Posts: 34019
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
5/8/2019  2:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah, he’s fat.... and I am Chris Hemsworth.

Title odds are 200:1. So you're saying there's a chance!
martin
Posts: 48337
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/8/2019  3:41 PM
Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/08/66-players-attend-nba-draft-combine

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Posts: 35872
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
5/10/2019  10:22 AM
martin wrote:Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/08/66-players-attend-nba-draft-combine

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

A little disappointed that Rui Hachimura is not in that list.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 26590
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

5/10/2019  11:26 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/08/66-players-attend-nba-draft-combine

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

A little disappointed that Rui Hachimura is not in that list.

Sounds like it's a pretty common thing for Gonzaga's top players to do. Sabonis and a few others took the same path. It's not a big deal for me. The scrimmages are the biggest thing for me and the he top players skip those. I'm more worried about our rumored interest in Cam Reddish

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Posts: 28889
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

5/11/2019  6:08 PM
Rumored interest is like the rumor that trump is human.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
NYKBocker
Posts: 35872
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
5/13/2019  1:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/08/66-players-attend-nba-draft-combine

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

A little disappointed that Rui Hachimura is not in that list.

Sounds like it's a pretty common thing for Gonzaga's top players to do. Sabonis and a few others took the same path. It's not a big deal for me. The scrimmages are the biggest thing for me and the he top players skip those. I'm more worried about our rumored interest in Cam Reddish

Oh god. Please no.

smackeddog
Posts: 33741
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
5/13/2019  1:36 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:Draft Lottery on 14 and combine starts the 16th.... all next week

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/08/66-players-attend-nba-draft-combine

The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

A little disappointed that Rui Hachimura is not in that list.

Sounds like it's a pretty common thing for Gonzaga's top players to do. Sabonis and a few others took the same path. It's not a big deal for me. The scrimmages are the biggest thing for me and the he top players skip those. I'm more worried about our rumored interest in Cam Reddish

Oh god. Please no.

"And, with the fifth pick the New York Knicks select... Cam Reddish!"

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.