[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2019 Draft
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

1/8/2019  8:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2019  9:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Zion hitting threes.

That's three threes today. Guy can blow by bigger slower players, bulldoze his way past smaller ones, can dunk from the free throw line and now he hits threes.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/9/2019  2:43 PM
Way too early to make projections about drop offs.
Also the Euro Hype player or two has yet to emerge. Besides Maximus Capspacious, PG for Propogandia Barcelona team we have yet get the Luca Doncic/KP type player.
So its early to start packaging trade up ideas.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/10/2019  8:15 AM
I am nervous about this new lotto system. I just want the Knicks to get the top pick finally.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
1/10/2019  10:55 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I am nervous about this new lotto system. I just want the Knicks to get the top pick finally.

We do all need a hug on this. We'll be nervous about the pick too. I'll be happy with top 3 and know that sometimes mistakes are made even with the no. 1 pick. Im a big Zion fan but like KP this kid is a little different physically. His is still a kid and amazing. I'd be nervous about what happens when he is adult biologically in a few short years. Also we talking about 80 plus games a year. He don't look and move like any freshman I have ever seen. Jordan was a flyer but skinny. Labron was a bit less but look at him. Charles Barkley is the closest thing but he had baby fat on him and he did have a great career. It goes without saying thru the hype there is a $200 million dollar decision that will have to be made. I'd be nervous about that.
By no means at this stage do I not take him, but if I get Barrett im not displeased. Sometimes no. 2 or three is the better choice long term. Im going to enjoy the rest of the NCAA season and then march madness.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/10/2019  3:41 PM
It seems to be a 4 way battle for the top spot in the Zion sweepstakes. I don't think anyone can match the strength of Cleveland but I think we can get to number 2. Maybe start using more Frank, Burke and Kanter as the season goes on.
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
1/12/2019  1:44 PM
Last year after KP injury I wrote in one sport forum that Knicks need tank hard and lose every game, every single game need lose to get a better draft #.
And draft Luka Doncic!!! Look at the Dallas now, he is a superstar already and very clutch!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2019  2:30 PM
Rumor that the Sixers might be willing to trade their first this year for Vonleh. Not sure how I feel about it. It would definitely help the tank.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2019  4:52 PM
LegendD wrote:Last year after KP injury I wrote in one sport forum that Knicks need tank hard and lose every game, every single game need lose to get a better draft #.
And draft Luka Doncic!!! Look at the Dallas now, he is a superstar already and very clutch!

They did. Had the worst record in league over that time span.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/12/2019  5:21 PM
LegendD wrote:Last year after KP injury I wrote in one sport forum that Knicks need tank hard and lose every game, every single game need lose to get a better draft #.

Martin is correct. We were awful down the stretch.
Recall Knicks were .500 about a quarter of the year in.

Allanfan20
USA
1/13/2019  8:11 AM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I am nervous about this new lotto system. I just want the Knicks to get the top pick finally.

We do all need a hug on this. We'll be nervous about the pick too. I'll be happy with top 3 and know that sometimes mistakes are made even with the no. 1 pick. Im a big Zion fan but like KP this kid is a little different physically. His is still a kid and amazing. I'd be nervous about what happens when he is adult biologically in a few short years. Also we talking about 80 plus games a year. He don't look and move like any freshman I have ever seen. Jordan was a flyer but skinny. Labron was a bit less but look at him. Charles Barkley is the closest thing but he had baby fat on him and he did have a great career. It goes without saying thru the hype there is a $200 million dollar decision that will have to be made. I'd be nervous about that.
By no means at this stage do I not take him, but if I get Barrett im not displeased. Sometimes no. 2 or three is the better choice long term. Im going to enjoy the rest of the NCAA season and then march madness.

I’m not nervous about that. I’m nervous about the fact that we have a 26% chance (as of now) of getting the 6th pick as opposed to our 14% chance of getting the 1st! That’s crazy.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/13/2019  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2019  11:42 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

I suspect Atlanta will get the top pick.

The attendance problems there are a real problem for the franchise and the league. Their front office has done a really good job given the situation and the attrition ( losing Millsap and Horford) Collins is completely legit and what he's doing as a young player is pretty impressive. Surrendering Doncic might haunt them forever though.

Ballmer paid his 2 billion for the Clippers. At some point the league is going to gift him the top pick.

One way or another, AD is leaving the Pelicans, the league will need to create a market correction there too.

Two schools of thought. The draft is rigged, or it's not. If you believe the draft is not rigged, a record selling price franchise or a team needing a PR reboot for losing an elite guy will get the top pick. If you believe the draft is rigged, a record selling price franchise or a team needing a PR reboot for losing an elite guy will get the top pick.

The changing of the "odds" is merely a PR tool to better rationalize some rigging. ( i.e. Derrick Rose to the Bulls, despite their league worst odds that year to get the top pick) Increasing the rig range from the top 3 picks to the top 4 allows the league to give out more market correction each year.

Go to tankathon and run some simulations. You'll see some weird stuff happen s. Does that mean tankathon are in on the conspiracy?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/14/2019  7:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Rumor that the Sixers might be willing to trade their first this year for Vonleh. Not sure how I feel about it. It would definitely help the tank.

Do it. I like him but we don't own his bird or early bird rights so whats the point

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

1/14/2019  7:20 AM
martin wrote:

They did. Had the worst record in league over that time span.

6-22. What really sucks this year is there are 5 really bad teams that means if Porzingis comes back we will most likely end up the 5th worst team. At 5 I expect at least two teams to jump us leaving us at 7.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

1/14/2019  7:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2019  7:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

The attendance problems there are a real problem for the franchise and the league. Their front office has done a really good job given the situation and the attrition ( losing Millsap and Horford) Collins is completely legit and what he's doing as a young player is pretty impressive. Surrendering Doncic might haunt them forever though.

Ballmer paid his 2 billion for the Clippers. At some point the league is going to gift him the top pick.

One way or another, AD is leaving the Pelicans, the league will need to create a market correction there too.

Two schools of thought. The draft is rigged, or it's not. If you believe the draft is not rigged, a record selling price franchise or a team needing a PR reboot for losing an elite guy will get the top pick. If you believe the draft is rigged, a record selling price franchise or a team needing a PR reboot for losing an elite guy will get the top pick.

The changing of the "odds" is merely a PR tool to better rationalize some rigging. ( i.e. Derrick Rose to the Bulls, despite their league worst odds that year to get the top pick) Increasing the rig range from the top 3 picks to the top 4 allows the league to give out more market correction each year.

Go to tankathon and run some simulations. You'll see some weird stuff happen s. Does that mean tankathon are in on the conspiracy?

All I know is we will get screwed. MSG is sold out every night the league has no reason to allow us to become compeitive. We are a draw everywhere the only way we will get a top pick is if we stop going to games.

1. Hawks
2. Cavs
3. Pelicans
4. Wolves
5. Suns
6. Bulls
7. Knicks

My prediction as of now

Nalod
USA
1/14/2019  10:22 AM
Knicks will trade its pick and Kp for Anthony davis. KP will return with amazing ability and be a 3 time MVP in the next 10 Years. Davis, upon walking into his intro conference where he stands with dolan, perry and Mills trips and tears his ACL on his left leg, and tears Achilles on his right. The pick, unprotected of course yields Zion. At Rainman1248 insistence we thru in Frank who turned into a finals MVP given his steady play on defense, rebounding and averages 23pts and 10 dimes in the finals in two years.

I know most of you are guarding our optimism and Triple's opinion is some how influential in the instinctive knick pessimism.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/14/2019  9:12 PM
Zion showing his stuff today, kid does everything
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/14/2019  9:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Zion showing his stuff today, kid does everything

is the game on right now, what channel?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/15/2019  11:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Rumor that the Sixers might be willing to trade their first this year for Vonleh. Not sure how I feel about it. It would definitely help the tank.

I would do it regardless. We might be selling high. I was down on Vonleh when we signed him but he is the one retread that I have come to like. Having said that he might be benefitting from our offensive and defensive systems which essentially require nothing from him other than effort

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/15/2019  11:09 AM
First things first, full disclaimer: I am not a college basketball expert. Are people convinced on Zion?

I am wary of college phenoms because sometimes a player's dominance is a result of the college competition. There have been many "man-childs" in the past who did not pan out in pros; also many players from Duke do not pan out. Their current team supposedly has several first round talents. It's not like the other team could easily load up on Zion and leave the others alone. D. Williams was listed taller and could dunk the crap out of the ball: he's now playing in Germany

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
USA
1/15/2019  1:00 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

All I know is we will get screwed. MSG is sold out every night the league has no reason to allow us to become compeitive. We are a draw everywhere the only way we will get a top pick is if we stop going to games.

1. Hawks
2. Cavs
3. Pelicans
4. Wolves
5. Suns
6. Bulls
7. Knicks

My prediction as of now

I just did a few lotto simulations on tankathon. The Knicks were picked 5-7 most of the times.

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy