AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2019  5:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

It’s frustrating, but likely we don’t take on these bad salaries for picks until we’ve had it confirmed we’re not signing any max guys, so other teams have the jump on us. I’d definitely take on Robertson’s for the 21st- no ones going to take on Adams or Schroeder

As soon as Durant went down Knicks had a split path. 1) Secure KD into cap space on a long term deal and maybe bring a friend with him or 2) Target Kawhi (probably only free agent worth paying full max for?) or 3) start taking on contracts and picks.

Decision is theirs. I'd guess Perry and accompanying agents realize this. Knicks will make the first of many decision tomorrow'ish

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
6/19/2019  5:28 PM
huh, wonder if Miami gathering picks to trade a contract with

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/19/2019  5:31 PM
martin wrote:huh, wonder if Miami gathering picks to trade a contract with

the miami heat are a dead in the water franchise - just where i want them to be.

martin
USA
6/19/2019  5:32 PM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:huh, wonder if Miami gathering picks to trade a contract with

the miami heat are a dead in the water franchise - just where i want them to be.

right next to the Celtics as they lose Horford, Kyrie and Morris brother?

martin
USA
6/19/2019  5:32 PM
Man, dude is poised in front of the mic. Gonna be a sweet pickup by the Knicks

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/19/2019  5:38 PM
martin wrote:Man, dude is poised in front of the mic. Gonna be a sweet pickup by the Knicks

and he turned 19 5 days ago. i don't want to even think about what would have come out of my mouth in front of a mic at that age.

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/19/2019  5:50 PM
martin wrote:Man, dude is poised in front of the mic. Gonna be a sweet pickup by the Knicks

Agreed. This is the kid I wanted here for a long time. I do think the Zion hype has led some to underrate him in a way.
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2019  5:59 PM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

A mistake to be honest- we no longer need 2 max slots (we were only $130,000 short anyways), he has a better upside than anyone we'll end up with in the 2nd round. Why not for once, just once, keep a rookie for the whole of their rookie contract and actually see what a full 4 years of development does?

this team has a problem with foreign players

it also seems they are more interested in (hopefully athletic) ball hogs than trying to actually build a team that complements one another

Criticism about Frank's woeful shooting percentage is legitimate; as is the criticism about the Knicks have mishandled him -- taking away his biggest strengths and exposing his biggest weaknesses.

And yet, here we are a day away from the Knicks about to draft a Canadian. And, yes, I get the fact that he has a American ties with his dad, etc, but all in all I think your statement is taking it too far. Lets just call a spade a spade, as the 8th pick in the draft, Frank hasn't been good at all and has underachieved tremendously. Add to that the injury plagued season last year has added to the concerns.

As far as other foreign players, KP wanted out, and we obliged him. Can't fault Perry for this, but the deterioration of our relationship with him probably started under phils watch.

Kanter started running his mouth and became a disrupter once the focus shifted to Robinson and the kids...Hee needed to go the Knicks actually did him a favor by moving him to a playoff team.

I probably should have said European instead of foreign

it's all a massive coincidence, including Marc Gasol too.

the fact that all were not merely disappointed with Fizz but pissed is a massive coincidence too, i'm sure, and is no reflection on his ability to connect with European players

KP -- already documented that he was pissed Fizz didn't know where he was in terms of running and rehab
Frank -- guy got a DNP (for a 17 win team) when his mom came to visit
Enes -- felt like he wasn't being told a straight story
Marc Gasol -- not exactly sure but it certainly led to Fizz's dismissal (with his 50-52 record) plus GM's later comments that Fizz couldn't close games

We'll probably get a second rounder for Frank and if he goes to another team they'll make us look like fools

If all the Knicks can get for Frank is a 2nd rounder, they should just continue to develop him and hope the fragile mindstate changes. If not, Frank will be out of the league in a couple of years.

I honestly think most of what you outlined concerning Fiz and Euro players are a mix of coincidence and exaggeration.

KP - already had one foot out of the door before Fiz arrived. KP skipping an end of the year meeting with phil shows that he was more pissed at him than an instagram post responding to Fiz's comments. Remember, Fiz traveled to KP's homeland to visit him and try to fix a relationship that was severed by the previous regime. If Fiz had an issue, why bother to travel.

Frank - Began the year as a starter and it didn't work out..Then, Fiz gave Frank another opportunity to start at the point and that was a failure too. Fiz could have given some minutes while his mom was in town. He flucked up. But I dont believe it had anything to with where Frank was born.

Enes - was sent to the bench once the Knicks decided it was time to give Robinson major mins. Kanter's inability to keep his mouth shut was a part if his undoing here. Jordan came in, excepted less minutes and still found it in his heart to mentor Robinson. Why couldn't Kanter do the same?

Gasol - Not 100% sure what happened there other than the two unnecessary comments made by both. To me both in the wrong, but FZ is the coach so he shouldn't have took it there. With that said, the have made peace since then.

KP -- agree the disillusionment preceded Fizz. But frankly if he wanted to visit KP, then visit KP. You don't have to blab to the world saying what a wonderful person you are for planning to go over there and visit. Seemed like attention seeking; him not knowing KP's physical state is at least sloppy, but it could be more indicative that he was simply clueless about the team's best player. Regardless, another instance where Fizz was yapping away about something he was clearly wrong about. and I believe the team's deteriorating state of team play both with passing and defense pushed KP over the age. All speculation but keep in mind at this point we're just getting one side of the story

Frank -- was so misused it was not even funny. As I've said many times Fizz's defense was worse than Hornacek's. Hornacek played Frank at pg where his abnormal reach and desire to play D contributed. Our defensive coach decides to play him on SG (where he can't shoot) and SF (where he's now smaller than the opponent). Dumb move in my book. They should have played to his strengths. On offense he needs work no doubt and it could be his exit from the league. But they shattered the kid. Not a good sign for development. IN contrast, he had infinite patience for KK and Mud and DSJ

Enes -- I personally understand getting rid of him, but Enes seems to love everyone but Fizz at this point so that tells me the communications was not great

Gasol -- Fizz cam to the Knicks saying he had learned his lesson from Gasol incident, and in his first year alienated three of our Euro players (being liberal with geography for Enes -- though I believe he was born in Switzerland)

My sense is the Coach wants ball hog athletes where he doesn't need to do much coaching at all.

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2019  6:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Man, Garland left it too long to work out with us, I think RJ has built up way too much momentum to turn back now, no way we don’t take RJ. Maybe We did a check up on him just in case the pelicans offered us a spectacular offer to swap picks (they won’t)

Pelicans should swap. They could use RJ. why couldn't we get a deal like Atl and Dallas last year? All of this assumes Garland is for real

I'm fine with RJ -- some concerns but that goes for all the prospects

(5)(5)
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/19/2019  7:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

It’s frustrating, but likely we don’t take on these bad salaries for picks until we’ve had it confirmed we’re not signing any max guys, so other teams have the jump on us. I’d definitely take on Robertson’s for the 21st- no ones going to take on Adams or Schroeder

I think we may be clear that if we are signing someone, it will be just one, so that leaves you room to operate on deals like this one.

I mean, best case is Kawhi, then maybe a Russell or a Randle, but probably this route of taking salary is the best, especially if it’s for one year.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
6/19/2019  7:16 PM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:

i'm super happy with that.

Same

Knicks_Fan
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/19/2019  8:15 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:

i'm super happy with that.

Same

Ditto. It’s a no-brainer to me.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/19/2019  8:57 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
6/19/2019  9:03 PM
Not sure if this person is legit. Came up on my twitter feed.
wargames
Member: #6053

6/19/2019  9:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Not sure if this person is legit. Came up on my twitter feed.

It doesn’t look legit, no blue check and a low retweet number but 26k followers are red flags.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
USA
6/19/2019  9:37 PM
Sam Vecenie in his most recent mock has the Knicks getting Shamorie Ponds at 55. I think that would be a great pick.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/19/2019  10:22 PM
Hold the phone..

martin
USA
6/19/2019  10:55 PM

Knicksfan
USA
6/19/2019  11:31 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:Hold the phone..

The plot thickens. After Zion, this draft promises to be a must-see.

Knicks_Fan
The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy