The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/18/2019  2:30 AM
TPercy wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Knicks should be pouncing on this like Raymond Felton on a double cheeseburger

They have traded away their 2020 and 2022 1st rounders, so they have nothing they can offer other than this years 30th pick, so no thanks! Rather do a deal with OKC who at least have one year deals to shift (unlike the Bucks multi year players)

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/18/2019  11:14 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/18/2019  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/18/2019  12:02 PM
martin wrote:

it's an interesting photo given the text. Is it no longer correct form to have your non-shooting hand on the side of the ball, and that ball seems to be resting in his palm

I am far from a draft guru and I've only seen two games of his but I would probably still take RJ and hope he continues to develop (he's still just a kid) and hope to hell that Garland doesn't turn into the second coming of Damian Lillard

(5)(5)
martin
USA
6/18/2019  12:45 PM

Chandler

6/18/2019  12:53 PM
martin wrote:

this is interesting. If he shoots lights out, would you trade #3 to NOLA for #4 and some pick (akin to Luka and Trae)?

(5)(5)
martin
USA
6/18/2019  12:56 PM
smackeddog
6/18/2019  1:06 PM
martin wrote:

Here's hoping he has a Donovan Mitchell style impact on us next season. If you look at D Mitchell's first year college stats (and even second), RJ is much further along.

smackeddog
6/18/2019  1:34 PM
smackeddog
6/18/2019  1:38 PM
When we draft RJ can we all agree Not to use the 'Maple Mamba' nickname? It's awful!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

6/18/2019  5:32 PM
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

6/18/2019  5:36 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

it's an interesting photo given the text. Is it no longer correct form to have your non-shooting hand on the side of the ball, and that ball seems to be resting in his palm

I am far from a draft guru and I've only seen two games of his but I would probably still take RJ and hope he continues to develop (he's still just a kid) and hope to hell that Garland doesn't turn into the second coming of Damian Lillard

If we are picking guys according to their shooting technique, Curry amd many others would have never been picked. There are just too many schools out there, on shooting, right now. There seems to be no right way anymore.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/18/2019  7:58 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

If we are picking guys according to their shooting technique, Curry amd many others would have never been picked. There are just too many schools out there, on shooting, right now. There seems to be no right way anymore.

Yup. Every little thing matters including height, length, strengths, legs, hands. Everything. Some people will just never become a good shooter and some people are born with it.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Chandler

6/18/2019  11:24 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Duly noted but when steph shot it went in at a high %

Rj not so at least not yet. Plus we have had 2 years of Franks where form seems good enough (feet set etc) but % sucks

(5)(5)
smackeddog
6/19/2019  3:20 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

A mistake to be honest- we no longer need 2 max slots (we were only $130,000 short anyways), he has a better upside than anyone we'll end up with in the 2nd round. Why not for once, just once, keep a rookie for the whole of their rookie contract and actually see what a full 4 years of development does?

Chandler

6/19/2019  9:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

A mistake to be honest- we no longer need 2 max slots (we were only $130,000 short anyways), he has a better upside than anyone we'll end up with in the 2nd round. Why not for once, just once, keep a rookie for the whole of their rookie contract and actually see what a full 4 years of development does?

this team has a problem with foreign players

it also seems they are more interested in (hopefully athletic) ball hogs than trying to actually build a team that complements one another

Criticism about Frank's woeful shooting percentage is legitimate; as is the criticism about the Knicks have mishandled him -- taking away his biggest strengths and exposing his biggest weaknesses.

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/19/2019  9:44 AM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

it also seems they are more interested in (hopefully athletic) ball hogs than trying to actually build a team that complements one another

Criticism about Frank's woeful shooting percentage is legitimate; as is the criticism about the Knicks have mishandled him -- taking away his biggest strengths and exposing his biggest weaknesses.

The shooting wasn’t the issue nearly as much as his passiveness. If he drove to the basket far more and played even a little more aggressive, we would be talking about a far different player. It’s his mentality. No team or group of people can fox that. Only he can. It’s all on him. He can change over night or he may never change. As of now, he’s worth a second rounder and not a bag of potato chips more. That’s on him.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/19/2019  11:13 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

The shooting wasn’t the issue nearly as much as his passiveness. If he drove to the basket far more and played even a little more aggressive, we would be talking about a far different player. It’s his mentality. No team or group of people can fox that. Only he can. It’s all on him. He can change over night or he may never change. As of now, he’s worth a second rounder and not a bag of potato chips more. That’s on him.

If you get a 1st rounder for Frank then that would be an OK deal. Trading him for a 2nd rounder would be a mistake. We already have a lot of youngins that a 2nd rounder would have to compete with that most likely will not outplay. A first rounder is another story. Sticking with Frank with his attributes is a worthy gamble than getting a 2nd rounder.

smackeddog
6/19/2019  11:56 AM
Here's the latest from the hawks board, from that person who claims to have insider info:

UPDATE:

Pels 1 - Locked

Grizz 2 - Took calls for #2. Pels did make an offer, he wasn't sure on the terms but said declined and they will take Ja Morant

Knicks 3 - Said this one was locked in. Said they will look at Garland but the chances of this being anyone but R.J. is nil.

Pels 4 - Said Atlanta made the offer on Sat contingent if R.J. was on the board. (8/10) Said PHX made an offer contingent if White is on the board which was 6/Warren and Jackson for 4/Solo. Said Chicago did as well (7/1st protected) as did MIN (Similar) and BOS (two 1sts and a future 1st contingent if Garland is on the board. Asked what he thinks and what the league thinks. Said, the league thinks it's Chicago to lose. He said it's obviously Boston. Said the Memphis pick is the trump card.

Cavs 5 - Same have made an offer of 10/17 and they countered with 8/17/J.R. Smith and was declined. They have been working on a deal around what the Crane guy said but mentioned the Hawks aren't interested in Love without comp. IE, future 1sts. They are still talking but are stuck. I believe Atlanta would do 10/17 for 5/J.R. Smith if Cleveland gave the okay. Right now, they are stuck, Love's contract is too big. Mentioned Cleveland like others have been showing their big contracts of former stars. Said CHA has interest in Love for Batum. Said CLE has no interest. CLE wants value for Love or cap relief. Cap relief seems to be what CLE wants as well as two 1sts.

PHX 6 - Said Coby White seems to be the consensus and their offer to NO was basically, if our guy is at 6, that's what we are going to do. They are shopping 6 but said the interest has been lukewarm.

CHI 7- They are the most aggressive at moving up to 4. NO wants them to give up a lot.

ATL 8- Unless the amazing happens, expect them to keep this pick.

WAS 9 - Said that it seems they are down to four prospects - Hayes, Reddish, Little and Sekou.

ATL 10- He said he can't get a feel on this one. ATL been shopping or selling this one. 

CHA and MIN - Said they seem to be targeting a 4 but both want to move up.

That was it for the draft

We talked about CP3. Said no one wants him. No one.
He also said no one wants Wiggins.

Said Love has suitors but the trades are terrible for CLE. That's whythey are pitching this to Atlanta. 

Asked would Harden be moved, he said not a chance.

Asked what NO is looking for, he said assets for a Bradley Beal trade. When Beal is available, they want dibs. They have talked about it seems unlikely a move will happen this upcoming season. Watch for trade deadline action.

Asked how likely is it the Hawks will trade up from 8 or 10. He said, no sure, thinks it's more likely we trade back from 10 than move up from it. Said the cost of moving up is high mainly due to the assets available to Atlanta. 

The 2019 Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy